Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Favourite club in the bag?

Millis3

Sorry if this post is already on here...

I've just been down my local park to have a chip about before work starts and it got me thinking how much I actually love my lob wedge!

I do really like and get on well with my Cleveland ta2 irons but for me my Cleveland RTX 2.0 60/10 is by far my favourite. The strange thing is my Cleveland RTX 2.0 56/8 is my least favourite! I think it's that I find the 8 bounce just not forgiving enough for me and I think when it comes to replacing my wedges I will go for a 56/12. While on the topic of replacing wedges anyone tried the RTX 2.0 forged?

Anyhow, was just wondering what everyone else's favourite and least favourite club in the bag is?

Cheers Millis3

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1470465623.765001.jpg

I need all of my clubs to be my favorite club because I need all the help I can from them...lol

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

It used to be the driver. It was always the most consistent club in the bag. Not so much these days. I know it's me.... I just don't know why. I need to break down and spend some money on a lesson or two and see if I can get it back.... or at least figure out why I can't play anymore.

I'm leaning towards my 3 wood now...used to be the most hated, but with the Mizuno I can hit it off the tee and deck really well.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My favourite club has to be my Callaway MD2 Sand wedge. It's pretty deadly from about 90-100yd. A week after I got it, I holed out from 100yd for eagle on a short par 4.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid (not in play): Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Driving Iron: Wilson Staff Utility Iron 18 degree with KBS Hybrid Stiff shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50; Callaway MD4 - 56; Vokey SM9 - 60

Putter: Taylormade Rossa CGB

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond 

Either Putter which is a modified Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy (10 years in the bag) or my SCOR wedges that have been in for four years plus.

Everything else is okay but replaceably so. Don't worry about reposting something we have lots of new members and some of us older ones have forgotten what's been posted before anyway. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Today it was my nine iron.......110 to 120 yards....it was like throwing darts....shooting a 43/37...80 today!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

That's a toughy, but I'll have to say it's my MP-53 3 iron right now.

The lack of rain up here in the Northeast has turned the fairways into hard pan. It's almost silly hitting driver with all the roll we're getting  :P

Aside from that, I like knowing on that first tee (with no warm up) I'll be in the short grass when I pull my 3 iron.

I think my Vokey 60° because I love it around the green. I can play chip and run, straight up pitch, flop, or go full swing with it without a lot of thought. Sure it has it's issues, but I love the dang club. Nothing better in my mind than having a tough downhiller and being able to at least get the ball in the air with some spin when short sided.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Really close between my putter and my H1 23 degree hybrid. But I have to go with the H1. From 160'ish if I have a good look at the green, I feel very confident I'll hit it.

Also it has replaced me hitting a FW on my 2nd shot on Par 5s. If I'm 250 ish out. I know I'm going to be in a good PW distance for my 3rd. Versus tasking a chance and miss hitting the 3w and ending up in trouble or topping it.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Last night my favourite club got a war wound! Not quite sure when it happened as didn't notice it until I got home. On a bright side the new RTX 3.0's should be out soon so it's a perfect reason to upgrade!

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1470638463.302233.jpg

Last night my favourite club got a war wound! Not quite sure when it happened as didn't notice it until I got home. On a bright side the new RTX 3.0's should be out soon so it's a perfect reason to upgrade!

That'll throw off the swingweight, lie angle, the bounce changed...all good excuses to upgrade  :D

That'll throw off the swingweight, lie angle, the bounce changed...all good excuses to upgrade :D

I'm sure it's dramatically changed the club length as well........

I have to say mine is a tie between my driver and my 58 degree wedge. If I'm striking my driver well then the rest of my game seems to follow suit for some reason and if not I trust the 58 to save my skin lol.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Mine was my driver. Any of them. Until my 9064LS broke. Cracked the face. Now I'm trying to figure out how to hit any of my older ones and can't find any confidence. It's even crept in to my 3w - I hit my 4i longer the other day, and I don't usually even carry a 4i.

That said my lw is my swiss army knife. I can hit almost every shot from

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say my new to me Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5. I always wanted another Scotty and after my son bent the shaft in my Ping Anser 2 BeCu that's been in my bag for the past 21 years (save one summer of experimentation), it was time for a change. I have previously been fit for the Newport 2.5 in anticipation of this and hit hundreds of putts with a few different ones over the years so I knew what I would buy once the time came.

It took a few rounds to get used to it. The biggest difference was the feel on the 5-10 foot putts but on the longer putts it was better right out of the gate. 

Image-1.jpeg

:titelist-small: 913 D2 9.5° Diamana BlueBoard S+ 62g

:callaway-small: Diablo Octane Tour 15° Fujikura Motore F3 S-60

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Hawk Eye VFT 5W Callaway RCH-96

:mizuno-small: MP-22 HMB 19° N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120

:mizuno-small:  MP-55 4-PW N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 54.8 DGS400

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 60.6 DGS400

:cameron-small:  Studio Style Newport 2.5

:titelist-small:  ProV1

• 2 weeks later...

I was chosen as tester for the Mizuno EZ driver and 3W, the 3wood has become my favorite club in my bag. 2 weeks before The Open, my golf partner made the comparison of me and Stenson (using 3 W off tee were only similiarities)

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

It's a toss-up right now; driver or putter.  Driver is the Bridgestone JGR, and the putter is the Boccieri Heavy Putter.

Both work very well.  When they are both working well at the same time, I have my best scores; when neither one is working very well, I have my worst scores.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Lately it has been the putter.  It has been in my bag for almost 3 months now which has to be some sort of record for me.  It has won enough cash for me over the summer that it has paid for itself many times over.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Archived