Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MyGolfSpy + Cobra Driver Challenge

abergervt

Had the opportunity for a full custom fitting with the cobra rep down here in atlanta on friday and really enjoyed it not to mention thanks to mygolfspy.com for setting me up and inviting me. But i got to hit the new cobra drivers the ZL and S2. talk about two great products that allow you to change the setting on the driver with minimal effort and is very easy to use. the Chris, the cobra rep was great and knew what he was talking about when it came to reading the numbers.

Ts3 w. 9.5 oban isawa 75g xflex

tsi2 15deg w. Addi 85x 

Vintage 712u 3i with x100

MP18 4-9 w. X100

t7 wedges x100

newport2 heavy 

• SPY VIP

Got the pictures and the info today that we will be publishing. It looks like you guys had a good time...really hope you enjoyed it.

Might have broken a record down there too...one of the readers improved their drives by 43.1 yards! Crazy!

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

We will be posting the info for you guys to see.

He changed to a ZL 9.5 Open Position Graphite Design Tour AD Di 6 X-Flex. The previous driver had a much higher backspin and terrible launch angle. Went from a 237 avg to a 280 avg drive.

#TruthDigest

wow, looks like this worked out pretty well... I'd love to see the results... I love seeing what real people get for results rather than pros and machines...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Hello Gentlemen,

My name is C.Sullivan. I fit the player who added 43 yards. The truth is, that this was just how his averages worked out. In his first few swings he was not making contact well and his swing was too steep. I reset his ball position and explained to him what was causing the high spin. He made the changes and his swing began to produce much more consistent numbers. This is a case of both the swing mechanics and equipment. It just looks great from the averages report. Take out the low numbers from his first round and the high numbers from his second round and his average gain was more down to earth. In the end, He straightened out his hook and gained yardage. Maybe not 43 but at least 20. It all sounded crazy to me as well, but if you just straighten out his hook that would of given him extra 20 yards. The ZL driver works well for him he is able to control his hook and reduce his back spin. Still he lost his hook and gained yardage. Cobra has given us the tools to give a better fit. I am very appreciative of their effort to provide me with the tools and training to help give players the best possible fit in the market.

Thank you and Hit 'em Straight !

Welcome to the boards Mr. Sullivan. thanks for such a great oppertunity for us readers here. Cobra products are held in high reguard here on the forums, and lots of folks are using various driver and irons.

Nothing can beat a good fitting and the experience of a good fitter. Can't wait for the article!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived