TESTERS WANTED! ×

Callaway Diablo Forged irons.... I'm excited....

Golfware

Okay, so I'll go on record as saying I'm excited about this set of irons. Yes, I may be a Callaway homer (although I'm a TM homer as well), but these irons just seem like an excellent concept. A very forgiving, forged iron. What's not to like about that.

For me, it's the ideal Callaway iron. I'm a 12 handicap (was as low as an 8 last year, but work & family changed that a bit), and the blend of forgiveness, distance and importantly, LOOKS, just does it for me with this iron.

I've hit these irons at the range, and the feel is superb. I like the higher pitched "click" off the clubfact, as compared to the MX300's which is a lower-pitched "thwuck". I wouldn't stay with the stock Nippon's, as I hit the ball too high, but the disperson with the Nippon's was outstanding. I COULD bag them in a second with the Nippon's, but that wouldn't primarily be my first choice. I'd probably go with the KBS Tour or DGS300's as they'd bring the ballflight down.

I'm very impressed with this offering though. Yes, the price tag is STEEP. I won't go there. Heck, I'm sure when the Anser Forged are released, they are going to be $$$$$. Seems like a great market to hit though.

Anyways, getting back to the Diablo Forged. Wow, what a great set of irons. I love the look of the long irons down to the short irons. Just the right amount of offset too, FOR ME. Some will say the offset is too much, but I don't think that's what this iron is targeted towards. If you want no offset, pick up a set of X Forged. Those will fit that bill.

Cheers!

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

• SPY VIP

And if you win 2nd place in the contest that set will be all yours :lol:

Okay, so I'll go on record as saying I'm excited about this set of irons. Yes, I may be a Callaway homer (although I'm a TM homer as well), but these irons just seem like an excellent concept. A very forgiving, forged iron. What's not to like about that.

For me, it's the ideal Callaway iron. I'm a 12 handicap (was as low as an 8 last year, but work & family changed that a bit), and the blend of forgiveness, distance and importantly, LOOKS, just does it for me with this iron.

I've hit these irons at the range, and the feel is superb. I like the higher pitched "click" off the clubfact, as compared to the MX300's which is a lower-pitched "thwuck". I wouldn't stay with the stock Nippon's, as I hit the ball too high, but the disperson with the Nippon's was outstanding. I COULD bag them in a second with the Nippon's, but that wouldn't primarily be my first choice. I'd probably go with the KBS Tour or DGS300's as they'd bring the ballflight down.

I'm very impressed with this offering though. Yes, the price tag is STEEP. I won't go there. Heck, I'm sure when the Anser Forged are released, they are going to be $$$$$. Seems like a great market to hit though.

Anyways, getting back to the Diablo Forged. Wow, what a great set of irons. I love the look of the long irons down to the short irons. Just the right amount of offset too, FOR ME. Some will say the offset is too much, but I don't think that's what this iron is targeted towards. If you want no offset, pick up a set of X Forged. Those will fit that bill.

Cheers!

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

I definitely agree. It's awesome to see a more forgiving forged iron from Callaway.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I have the diablo edge irons. have enjoyed them so far - certainly a profound change from the X-forged irons i had before them. Although I am currently liking the edge - i am thinking the diablo forged would be a better long term fit me. interested to see your feedback when you get them.

And if you win 2nd place in the contest that set will be all yours ;)

I feel like I'll either be the luckiest guy on the planet, or I'm being teased like a "jon" at a Vegas strip joint! LMAO. Either way, I've got a smile on my face. LOL!!

These were released in Europe last year. They are great clubs, with a great shape and hot solid feel. But it's not just the offset being too much, it's the shaping of the transition that spoils the look in my eyes. There's no flow to the offset if you get what I mean. The hosel and the head don't lok like part f the same club.

These were released in Europe last year. They are great clubs, with a great shape and hot solid feel. But it's not just the offset being too much, it's the shaping of the transition that spoils the look in my eyes. There's no flow to the offset if you get what I mean. The hosel and the head don't lok like part f the same club.

Different strokes for different folks. I think the head shape is darn near perfect. I've come to realize that I need a little bit of offset. I loved the offset in my X-16 Pro Series, and these are even better. The offset in my AP1's was a bit too much in the short irons.

I love the look and especially the feel. They aren't the X Forged or a replacement of them. I liken them to a forged X-22 Tour.

I have only hit the Edge Tour on the range, and have no real on course experience, but overall, my impression was very favorable. The only real problem I have with this club was the sound at impact. They sound like a plastic ruler hitting a school desk. Flight is a bit high, but controllable. I would love to try these heads in some other shafts. Maybe later this season...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

They are an incredible set of irons, its like they took the Xtour's and listened to everyones complaints of the sole being too big and then them came out with the Diablo tours.

Agreed. I hit them over the weekend and was impressed with them. Nice irons that can be played by a wide range of players. I think they will be winner, just not sure about the price tag on them.

Loved the looks of these irons. It came down to these and the MX-300s. Picked the MX-300s because the fitting cart was so easy to use, and I'm a Mizuno loyalist :P

Titleist 909D2 | Taylormade r7 Ti | Titleist 909 H 19* | Mizuno MX-300 4-GW - Nippon 1050GH | Vokey SM 56*, 60* | Odyssey Black Series i #9 - UST Frequency Filtered |

Agreed. I hit them over the weekend and was impressed with them. Nice irons that can be played by a wide range of players. I think they will be winner, just not sure about the price tag on them.

Yeah, but man, the disperion and feel just can't be beat. I hit several shots outdoors at the range and each feel within a blanket of each other. I was just shocked. Just absolutely shocked. Hit the MX 300's and didn't get quite near the results with the stock setup.

Can't say this too often, but rooting you on for 2nd place!!!

Oh man, THX! But I don't think I can post enough for this month.... lol

I'm trying, but work, family, raising 2 boys, good weather, playing golf and getting my boys into sports is just getting in the way... LOL

I am getting more and more confused every time I hit these. I was set on mx300's, but now, I'm not so sure. What to do what to do...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Cheers!

I agree, I just can't get over the fact that the sole is SO thick, don't get me wrong we could all use some forgiveness. I am excited to play my set.

Fairways and Greens

I tell you what. I was again able to hit these against the MX 300's yesterday, AND I was able to hit Pro V1's instead of lousy range balls. OMG! The feel was JUST so pure. I nearly didn't feel the ball with these. Man, decisions, decisions. The stock shaft SPINS like a top for me. I'd have to go with PX 6.0's or KBS Tour X's, but wow, what a SWEET feel to the clubhead.

Archived