Tyk

What should I know before I buy a loft/lie machine?

Our Sponsors

I don't take it as lecturing at all, I'm very happy to have input from experienced people! All this stuff is stuff you guys have learned the hard way, I imagine I'm going to have to learn plenty that way too, but I'm hoping that as I start adjusting some clubs I'll remember if I see a club with "zinc" or "berrylium" on it that it will register in the brain that I'm supposed to know something about that and proceed with caution! If you hadn't said something, I'd definitely go ahead and break that club! Now there's at least a chance that I won't!

Any and all tips and advice are very much encouraged!

Does anyone here have a copy of a waiver form they could send me? PM me for an email address if you do! Thanks!

One more last thing: if you do get into lie bending situations where you have to go 3 or more degrees, you'll change the swingweight of the club. 3* flat = 1 sw point heavier; 3* upright = 1 sw point lighter. It's natural and unavoidable; when you go 3*+, the balance point of the head is moved away from/closer to the overall balance point of the club.

I'd like to say I've slowly been giving you info, as not to overwhelm you... but we all know that's not true LOL. :lol:

Ha! I know its going to take time for me to absorb all this, we just got the machine set up at the course, we're going to bolt it to the floor this weekend! One good thing is that while I have a crappy memory for details, I have a very good memory in general. So while I definitely won't remember that 3* of lie changes the swingweight 1 point, I WILL remember that there's something I'm supposed to know about changing the lies, and I'll come here and look it up!

I also appreciate you sending me that waiver form, but I was unable to open it. If you think about it, could you just copy the text and either paste it here or in an email message?

Ha! I know its going to take time for me to absorb all this, we just got the machine set up at the course, we're going to bolt it to the floor this weekend! One good thing is that while I have a crappy memory for details, I have a very good memory in general. So while I definitely won't remember that 3* of lie changes the swingweight 1 point, I WILL remember that there's something I'm supposed to know about changing the lies, and I'll come here and look it up!

I also appreciate you sending me that waiver form, but I was unable to open it. If you think about it, could you just copy the text and either paste it here or in an email message?

I'm on it! You should see something shortly.

".....Tell me more about this lead tape and especially a brass sleeve.

We buy thin sheets of brass....basically brass sheeting that we cut to 2" x 2" strips....then fold or wrap it around the hosel to be clamped....so you want the clamp to be grasping the brass sheet, which is wrapped around the club.

This virtually eliminates the chance of gouging, even the softest of forged clubs....it IS possible, but much harder to scratch.

Another thing I did not see mentioned in the responses...

If you bend a cast club...lets say you bent a Titleist Vokey 3* upright....thats it.. you are done. Any effort in the future to bend it back will almost ALWAYS result in snappage (yes, I made up that word).

If you ever need help, don't hesitate to email/PM me

Take a look a golfworks for the club making bible they have. Even in its older state there is plenty of info to make valuable to this day.

I can help with you set of up of the club "shop", repairs etc.

Take a look a golfworks for the club making bible they have. Even in its older state there is plenty of info to make valuable to this day.

I can help with you set of up of the club "shop", repairs etc.

Ditto to that. WELL worth the money.