TESTERS WANTED! ×

JPX 900 Series Preview

Okonomiyaki

I am sure the driver works great, and I am sure it would work great with half as many weights on the bottom.  This is becoming like the SNL commercial where they keep adding razor blades.  "Sliding weight 1 moves the COG forward.  Sliding weight 2 taunts the ball.  Sliding weight 3 is equipped with mustard gas for total golf ball annihilation."

Driver:              :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond 816

3W:                 :titelist-small: 915F

3h:                  :titelist-small: 816H

5-GW:              :wilson_staff_small:  C200 w/Aldila Rogue

54, 58:             :ping-small: Glide

Putter:             :bettinardi-small: BB40

I managed to have a hit of both the Tour and Forged irons the other day. The Tour irons looked amazing at address and the flight was incredible, but there wasn't as much feel as I would like - felt almost like hitting a brick. The Forged irons felt amazing, and had the same looks and flight as the Tour (carry was 200yd for a 6i, which is a bit longer than my current irons @ 185yd). 

I've yet to try the driver, fairway and hybrid as the golf store I went to didn't have the right shafts for me in stock.

I'll be definitely looking to get fitted for the Forged irons when I next get the opportunity.

If you haven't tried any of the irons out yet, I would get out there and hit them.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

• 1 month later...

I have the JPX 850 Driver and I have hit the EZ driver and the JPX 900 driver. I can honestly say these things are ridiculously good. I don't know why mizuno doesn't market the woods like they do their irons...but the technology is incredible and is worth a try no matter how skeptical you may be.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• 7 months later...

I've hit the JPX 900, stock stiff shaft in 8.5* at a demo day. no launch monitor. the ball jumped off the face. great sound and feel. love the feel of the compact head and adjustable options. 

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: arial'><span style='color: #808080'>Driver: </span></span></strong> :taylormade-small: <strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: arial'><span style='color: #808080'>R11 8.5* Fujikura Blur Stiff </span></span></strong></span><span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: arial'><span style='color: #808080'>Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-25 4-PW KBS Tour 90 Stiff </span></span></strong></span><span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: arial'><span style='color: #808080'>Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52* Miura K-Grind 54* </span></span></strong> :vokey-small: <strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: arial'><span style='color: #808080'>SM 58*</span></span></strong></span><span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: arial'><span style='color: #808080'>Putter: </span></span></strong> :taylormade-small:<strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: arial'><span style='color: #808080'>TM-880</span></span></strong></span>

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a set of JPX 900 Hotmetal irons. They were the best feel and numbers for me and I fell in love with the look as soon as I saw them. I do have to wait about a month for them to arrive though :(

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Just bought a set of JPX 900 Hotmetal irons. They were the best feel and numbers for me and I fell in love with the look as soon as I saw them. I do have to wait about a month for them to arrive though :(

I'll be testing these for the forum review.  Definitely jump in that thread when it opens up to share your thoughts and experiences.   Waiting for mine has been tough as well!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Dang a month is a really long wait, wonder why so long

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I've been reading a lot about JPX 900 for obvious reasons. I heard they were having issues keeping up with demand at the forging factory -- especially if you ordered a gap wedge in your set. It was to the point where they were shipping the rest of the set, and the gap separately. Guess that's the hard part of manufacturing everything from one place in terms of the heads, but I respect the decision to do it for quality control. With all of the stories I'm reading about OEMs having club faces cave in on brand new stuff, it's a breath of fresh air to see that some companies still value quality over quantity.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I`m smitten with Mizuno.

I have the JPX 900 hybrids in 16 degree and also 19 degree.I can honestly say I have tried all the other brands and settled on these.

The ball flight is nice I can fly them in high or hit them lower I really think the Fujikura pro shaft is a great help as it just suits my swing.

I also have the Mizuno JPX tour irons 4-pw. I`m a nice ball striker and I prefer the look of a smaller headed club with a thinner sole and top line.

I think the smaller head just helps playability not just in the fairway but in the first and second cuts of rough.

They just seem to cut through easier and get me the results I need.

Also I`m not a big hitter being 5ft 7" and I have found that the smaller heads give me a little more free speed and control.

Here in the cold wet humid north of England UK I hit a 7 iron 160 yards maximum.

I bought the Srixon Z765 first but I just could not gel with them the soles were to thick for me yet they felt super soft and are not to be over looked if you like a soft forged club.

I`m seriously looking forward to trying the new Mizuno MP18`s............I can but dream!!!!!!!!

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

It takes 15 working days for them to be made and sent to New Zealand from Atlanta. Thats the only problem with living in paradise at the bottom of the world, we are so far away from everyone else.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I`m smitten with Mizuno.

I have the JPX 900 hybrids in 16 degree and also 19 degree.I can honestly say I have tried all the other brands and settled on these.

The ball flight is nice I can fly them in high or hit them lower I really think the Fujikura pro shaft is a great help as it just suits my swing.

I also have the Mizuno JPX tour irons 4-pw. I`m a nice ball striker and I prefer the look of a smaller headed club with a thinner sole and top line.

I think the smaller head just helps playability not just in the fairway but in the first and second cuts of rough.

They just seem to cut through easier and get me the results I need.

Also I`m not a big hitter being 5ft 7" and I have found that the smaller heads give me a little more free speed and control.

Here in the cold wet humid north of England UK I hit a 7 iron 160 yards maximum.

I bought the Srixon Z765 first but I just could not gel with them the soles were to thick for me yet they felt super soft and are not to be over looked if you like a soft forged club.

I`m seriously looking forward to trying the new Mizuno MP18`s............I can but dream!!!!!!!!

What type of yardage gap are you seeing between the 4 iron and your 19 degree hybrid?

I'm digging the blue! That's one way to stand out on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Cobra F6 is blue

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

That's great! You got in early.

Was that the year they offered like 6 different colors for the same club?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

What type of yardage gap are you seeing between the 4 iron and your 19 degree hybrid?

I find that quite a difficult question to answer to be honest with you.

Living in the North of England UK close to where the open is being played the weather changes so quickly.

So with the ever changing temps and humidity and of course ground conditions it`s really hard to be clinical in actually knowing.

I can hit my 4 iron from 190 yards to 205 yards 

The JPX900 hybrid 19 degree from 200 to 230 yards.

I hope this kinda makes sense.

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

D m red

Me nen m lmkf f cc

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S