Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Kentwool Socks Guarantee

Kenny B

Two years ago, based on MGS member comments of Kentwool socks, I decided to splurge and buy the Kentwool Tour Profile socks.  They had a sale so the sticker shock wasn't too bad.  Since then I have purchased more Kentwool socks and love them.  I can see why they are the preferred socks of tour caddies.  I won't wear anything else.

I decided on my last purchase that I needed a pair of pink socks; don't ask!  I have worn them only a few times this spring, and on Monday I wore them with my True Linkswear Game Changer Pro shoes when I walked 18 holes with my buddies.  I don't normally walk 18 holes in these shoes; just ride in a cart, but I did walk in them last fall with MyGolfSpys Tim and Dave in California and had no problem.  When I got to #9 on Monday, I started to feel a blister forming on my left heel, and by the time I finished 18, I had a good one.  I also noticed that the heel of both socks was starting to pill.  This has never happened before.  

I remembered that on the Kentwool website they have a "no blister" guarantee, so I sent them an email.  Kentwool Customer Service responded the next day and they are sending me a new pair of pink Tour Profile socks.  I am impressed!  Great socks and a company that stands behind their guarantee.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've never tried Kent but everyone seems to say the same. Guess I need to try a pair one day.

Now if they'd claim more distance and straighter ball flight I'd order some today!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm in the minoritry I guess.  After visiting their booth at the PGA I came away so impressed with the product and more so the people.

I ordered a supply and have worn them a few times.  I will say they are very comfortable, but I must have an odd foot, as I have problems with them staying in place in my two main pair of golf shoes.   I have spoken to many others and they don't have this issue at all, just seems to be me.   They are a bit thicker than the normal golf socks i wear (UA low profile) so I'm not sure if it's just me not getting used to something new or what.

I do still wear them from time to time on weekends with my Puma Spikeless, as I know I won't have to deal with the slippage for 18 holes.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Wait for one of their sales.  The Tour series are thicker than the 19th hole Fashion socks.  I thought they would be too warm in our hot summers, but I like them.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Wait for one of their sales.  The Tour series are thicker than the 19th hole Fashion socks.  I thought they would be too warm in our hot summers, but I like them.

I thought so too on the too warm, but after hearing the backstory to them, and hearing that it's the preferred wool supplier to the US Army, I wasn't too concerned.   I have had no issues with the comfort of them.  I had meant to buy some of the 19th hole ones (I ordered some for my boss, but not myself) so I'll have to do that.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 4 weeks later...

Kenny, had the exact same problem. With the Game Changer Pros...check the heels of those shoes, they started to wear in the heel and tore up ALL my socks.

I agree that the heel of the Game Changer Pro is different than previous Trues.  My heel is pretty narrow and the shoe is sort of rounded.  They are still comfy, but I only wear them now while riding. My walking shoes are the True Motion spikeless since I got two pair for $80 in the sale last month.  No problems walking in them.

• 3 months later...

Best socks ever but only wish they made a true white version, don't get why they do cream/ beige color instead, looks too weird with white golf shoes

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I agree. I'm not big on cream colored socks.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

Archived