Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Rotary swing

CLTGOLF13

Hi gang, new forum member here. Interested to see if any one has any experience with the Rotary Swing paid membership. I've seen a lot of their stuff on you tube, and it looks pretty helpful. Of course, the you tube channel only gives some high level information, and not all the drills and such to really get your swing where it needs to be. I also saw that with a paid membership you get 2 video swing reviews a month. My question is: is the paid membership worth it? How has the website/online instruction helped your game? Do the swing reviews help?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:taylormade-small: R11S 9.5° w/ stock Phenom 60g Shaft Stiff

:cleveland-small: Sport Series OS 15° w/ stock Shaft Regular

:callaway-small: XR Pro 3 hybrid (19°) w/ Project X 6.0 Graphite Shaft

:callaway-small: XR Pro 4 hybrid (22°) w/ Project X 6.0 Graphite Shaft 

:callaway-small: XR Pro 5-AW, KBS Tour 90 Stiff

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind 54° and 58° Wedges

odyssey_zpsaeehke8n.jpg Odyssey Versa 7 34" w/ Superstroke Slim 3.0 Grip

I'm not familiar with rotary, but I've been using the swing byte and it has a good swing coach program. It chooses your top 3 swing flaws and then gives you a ton of drill options for it.

Mine has the beta swing coach mode that they were looking into making a subscription, but not sure if they actually have yet. Good luck!

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Anybody on MGS forum a member of Rotary Swing?

Anybody on MGS forum a member of Rotary Swing?

I'm interested in hearing from anyone whose done it too. I have the swingbyte and tried the beta instruction it's good but it can't beat a pair of eyes,

I've watched their YouTube videos breaking down swings, might take the plunge if I am going through a rough patch again.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

• 3 months later...

I've used Rotary Swing. The content is interesting and can keep you engaged. It has helped me develop a better understanding of the golf swing and my faults. The reviews were hit and miss. I really believe it depends on the assigned instructor you get. My guy was out of Australia and turned lessons around quickly; however, he didn't really do a good job and reading my comments and questions. He just gave a critique and moved on. There were a couple of times I needed more direct feedback on my backswing and things I've been working on. I asked him those questions specifically on the video submission and they were ignored. After a couple of times this happened, I called the customer support to inquire about switching to an instructor that is in the Southeast US. My thought was that if he is working on my video swing submissions that I may be able to also augment the training with him in person a couple times per year. They wouldn't switch me even though we have two instructors in the states around me. I was pretty disappointed in that and decided not to renew. I may go back someday but am trying to go another route. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway 815 DBD Irons: New Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15's with KBS C-Taper Stiff Flex Shafts 21,25,29,33,37,41,45 Wedges: Ben Hogan TK with KBS Tour V Stiff Flex Shafts 52,56,60 Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Thanks for the input.

• 5 months later...

@CLTGOLF13 - did you ever sign up for the Rotary Swing membership? If so, what do you think?

I did it for a bit last year then had to take a break due to some health issues that kept me from golfing. I found it to be beneficial and for only $20 a month it was worth it for me.  Back then, you got 2 swing reviews per month included but it looks like that is now gone away.  The swing reviews I did gave me some good insight, although their feedback seemed to try and force you back to the beginning of their training plan (i.e. setup and takeaway).

My big thing is to structure my practice. This site helped me do that, and keep me on track to a goal because of the way they have everything laid out. In the past I have gotten distracted by so much information that I'd jump from fix to fix or drill to drill.  The Rotary Swing method lays out a somewhat linear path to improvement that you can manage on your own.  I don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a series of in-person lessons nor do I have the time to make weekly lessons, so this option was good becuase I can self-pace and practice in my basement for 30-60 minutes a day.  I do think you need to understand their methodology and determine if it jives with your perception of a good golf swing.  If you don't buy into their methodology or swing  concept, at least somewhat, I'd look elsewhere.  I don't know I'm completely sold on their method, but again for $20/mo. I find it to be a great option.

I just started up again last week and I see they've made some changes to their site.  I'll post again in a couple months after I get back up to speed.

I use Rotary Swing Tour and I love it. I pay $50 a month for access and the ability to upload two videos, every two weeks for analysis. 

Basically, they have a series of videos that progress you through the basics of your standard tour pro style swing. Linked to each module, they have a series of drills videos that augment the teaching concept. 

Additionally, with your video reviews, your teacher will give you links to drill/training videos specific to the areas you need to work on. My ball striking has improved tremendously since I started using it.

I may need to do a full review here at some point!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

To me Rotary Swing is the best golf swing method and I have studied a ton of instructor's methods. They really know the golf swing and the mechanics behind it. Rotary Swing has helped my golf swing more than any other golf swing system. There are not many instructors that really know about anatomy, how it affects the swing, and how to avoid injuries. However, they have a ton of information to throw at you. It is very technical. I think it is more for advanced golfers, but some beginner golfers seem get a lot out of it. I think you really have to know your faults in order to get a lot out of it. 

I have paid for service a few times over the years and it head spinning how many videos there are. So, I have learned to really simplify what they say in simple terms and focus solely on a few main points applicable to my own swing. I do follow a few other instructors mainly for swing thoughts and visualization techniques, but my entire swing is based on the Rotary Swing model. 

:taylormade-small:

:titleist-small:

• 1 month later...

@kevin1889 - never did sign up. Became a member of Clay Ballard's top speed golf system for a while, but just couldn't find the time to put in the reps that were required of the system to make it work.

I know a couple of people who have used it, and one who still does. Obviously he likes it.

Ballard left rotary and so did Alison Thietje before him, who says she started it planning to go into business with Quinton and that he basically stole it.

She was at one of the top clubs in the country close to where I was and this is how I heard about her and it. What she taught there is what rotary is about. She has/had a you tube site that is called Mind 2 Motion Golf. She has had a golf site or two since and now does the corp coaching thing to make money and will do golf. Sorted history with Quinton who by all accounts has cashed in on others ideas, as valid as they may be.

I'm still intrigued by Rotary Swing and would love it if O could put in the time. Kind of disappointed they went away from the two swing evaluations a month for the regular member price but I can't fault them for trying to get paid. Really love how they break everything down to simple terms. @dang3rtown would like to hear a review.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is a pretty old topic, but I can confirm that Rotary Swing completely changed my swing and cut my handicap from around a 12 or 13 to my current 8 (and trending lower).  It does not happen over night, and you have to put in the work, but Rotary Swing is legit.  The online swing reviews are very helpful, as they pinpoint what you need to work on - much cheaper than working with a pro in real time.  You must rebuild your swing from the ground up and put in a lot of reps, but it works.  When you hit a plateau you submit a swing video and they identify the issue and swing video you need to watch to get to the next level.  I have recommended RS to a lot of my friends and family - I'm a convert.  

What's in the Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS2 11.5, Diamana 70 Stiff Flex

FW - Callaway Razr X 3 Wood

Rescue - Taylormade Rocketballz 4 Rescue

Irons - Callaway Apex CF19, Nippon S. Pro 1050 GH, Stiff Flex

Wedges - Titleist Vokey S4 48, 52, 56, and 60

Putter - Odyssey OWorks Marxman

• 1 month later...
Keeping this thread alive. I am a current Rotary Swing (RST) member and I really like the content and instruction method. I am a YouTube junkie and self-taught golfer. If I don't know how to do something, I generally just look it up and figure it out on my own or piecing together the most logical steps that are consistent from one online instruction to the next. I know that there are many of you out there that swear by taking lessons but the two face-to-face lessons that I have taken have, quite frankly, just pissed me off. They put me is some unnatural positions and said "swing". Inevitably after a few tries I hit one great in their funky position and they will say some thing stupid like, "Now, why wouldn't you want to do that every time." My answer now is that, "I am not a knock-kneed, hunchback with tourettes". No offense intended to any of you that might fit that bill...(I have swing for you to try).

Before joining RST I purchased and implemented The Body Swing from Paul Wilson Golf. This was the beginning of my swing evolution. The Body Swing is just like it says, using your body as the engine of the swing rather than your arms. Keeping my wrists loose and rotating my body rather than swaying and chopping with my arms, I was able to pick up a ton of club head speed, distance and consistency from it. The four checkpoints that he teaches are a great way to stop overthinking the swing when you are standing over the "little white devil". You are shown a consistent way to setup to the ball and based on the ball flight you will be able to quickly make adjustments even on the course from one hole to the next. It gives you tactile feedback when you have completed your swing and follow through. For most people the follow through checkpoint alone will dramatically change their game for the better. I purchased this program last winter and was able to practice the movements in my living room without a club. This is great for people that cannot get to a course or if their course is snow covered. You won't get rusty over the winter and could potentially even improve without ever touching a ball. The Body Swing keeps it at a higher level and doesn't get extremely technical but is built for people that need to "feel" how the swing works. 

I decided to joint RST as well because Chuck Quinton sells it as a scientific method that will help you swing without causing pain. I had back surgery 15 years ago and that is always a concern for me. Both of these methods are actually very similar in that regard. RST goes deeper into the specifics of the movements within the swing and is very much for those who like to "think" about every aspect. As a consummate learner, I always want to know everything about the process before committing to the change. RST provides that for me. Even though the swing only takes just over a second there are so many complex things happening. RST will start you from the beginning and teach you how your brain processes new movements and then go into the foundations of setup posture, balance, stance width, knee flex, distance from the ball and ball position. There are at least 30 lessons covering all of these things before you even touch a ball. A key concept of RST is that for a right handed player, the left side is where you should be generating your power. For the same reason that a truck pulls a trailer rather than pushing it. The trailer will always follow where the truck goes. If you have ever tried to back up a trailer this will make a lot of sense. My biggest issue was/is weight shift. If I am not careful I tend to leave my weight on the back leg and take a chunk of sod before the ball.  Most teachers talk about weight shift and most amateurs take that to mean swaying. The actual movement is much more subtle and is based on rotating and not swaying.

Now, the reason I mention both programs in this review is that I think that they compliment each other nicely. Sometimes I just need a reminder to keep things loose and focus on fewer things while on the course (Body Swing). Other times I want to dive deep into exactly how I should align my spine in the setup (Rotary Swing). Both programs have hundreds of hours of video instructions that are high quality and easy to follow. Both also encourage you to put in the "reps", meaning that you have to practice to get the moves down. You cannot just watch a video and hope to execute that move on the course. I highly recommend either of these programs if you are looking to maximize your game. Last year I was struggling to break 100 and this year I am consistently in the high 80's. I have my full swing working thanks to these two programs but need to work on the short game now. One final note, in case anybody was wondering, I don't have pain after a round using these methods. These are sustainable methods that I can use as long as I can continue to play golf.

WITB:
pxg-small.jpg 0811 Prototype Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
image.png.cb4b01bb138fdc7ddf4f5e9396a76d82.png   Sub 70 Pro Tour Fairway 3W (15 / s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0341 Prototype, 5W (18, s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

I used rst for about 6 months. The concepts are similar to what other instructors I have been to teach. I think the videos available via the paid membership add some extra value over the free ones or partial clips from the YouTube page. I stopped my membership because it wasn't useful to me and I pretty much had the drills written down as reminders when on the range

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 2 years later...

I was thinking about signing up but wanted to try one actual video first, paid $27 for that, it shows up on my account but nowhere do I find a link to this vid, unless it's just a 17 minute informercial, which you obviously wouldn't PAY for.  That's OK, maybe there is a link and I am just too stupid to find it, BUT, there is not a single option anywhere to call or email them to ask a quesion.  Zero customer service!  I find this unbelievable.  I posted a question about this vid on the forum (and I wasn't the only one!), but no answers.  Very disappointed, but lots of other options out there. 

Anyone else had a poor customer service experience with Rotary Swing?

14 minutes ago, endoscott said:

I was thinking about signing up but wanted to try one actual video first, paid $27 for that, it shows up on my account but nowhere do I find a link to this vid, unless it's just a 17 minute informercial, which you obviously wouldn't PAY for.  That's OK, maybe there is a link and I am just too stupid to find it, BUT, there is not a single option anywhere to call or email them to ask a quesion.  Zero customer service!  I find this unbelievable.  I posted a question about this vid on the forum (and I wasn't the only one!), but no answers.  Very disappointed, but lots of other options out there. 

Anyone else had a poor customer service experience with Rotary Swing?

Options to contact them are here.    https://rotaryswing.com/support/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

So it turns out I WAS too stupid to find the link, and they did get back to me to explain how to find it.  So thanks to them for that.  Not very intuitive at all though....You should be able to click on it from your account page and there should also be a button on the homepage directing you this particular vid.  Kind of clunky they way they have it.