TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - BIG MAX AUTOFOLD FF

JBones

Official Forum Member Review

Big Max AutoFold FF Push Cart

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1470969980.472730.jpg

Big Max is the leading push cart manufacturer in Europe (or trolley, as they call them over there).  They're trying to establish a foot hold in North America with some unique and innovative models.  Our intrepid team of testers is giving the once over to Big Max's 2017 flagship model, the AutoFold FF.

The Testers:

MattM11                        Stage 1                     Stage 2

MCaseyM                      Stage 1                     Stage 2

Spongy5                        Stage 1                     Stage 2

Markm778                     Stage 1                     Stage 2

Stage 1 Review

It's amazing that my first round of golf still feels like it was yesterday, even with it being over 25 years ago.  The sensations of the glistening dew, smell of fresh cut fairways, and shiny golf clubs is still present today.  However the one thing that has changed over those 25 years and the way I grew up playing the game, is the way I navigate around the course…the walk.  Golf courses for as far as I can remember push powered golf carts like they are the fifteenth club.  Luckily there are companies, such as BigMax, that are focusing on getting more golfers back to the root of golf and promoting the use of push carts.  In for review at MyGolfSpy is the new release in the Auto-Fold Push Cart from Big Max.  Excitement was an understatement when I found out I would be one of the testers.  For one that meant I would no longer need to sneak out my daughter's BigMax Blade push cart and refrain from dropping in donations into her usage jar.  I will be comparing the two different styles for my upcoming review.
                So back to that first round of golf, well it all began 25 years ago when I as an 8 year old boy had the opportunity to tag along with my grandfather and his buddies.  It was that first round that began my passion for the game of golf.  Little did I know that it would consume a majority of my younger years as I played competitive golf through my school years up through my college years.  Over that time I have seen my handicap fluctuate from a low 4.8 to where I now reside 10.6.  I actually played competitively for a year in college, until my class load prevented me from continuing.  Definitely some of the best years and at the same time some of the most stressful.  If it wasn't for my unpredictable tee ball game I probably would have a full head of hair and not shopping for a toupee.  So as you can expect, that tends to be the weakness of my game.  On the other hand if it wasn't for my exceptional iron game my handicap would reside somewhere around me being able to apply for an AARP card.  Tough times and I still find myself paying full price for meals and tee times. 
                My bag seems to be ever changing as I have a knack of shiny new toys.  With that being said my current set up looks like this.
·         J715 9.5 Bridgestone Driver w/ Black HZRDUS 6.0
·         J40 3W w/ Tour AD-Di 7s
·         Callaway Heavenwood w/ Bassara
·         4-PW King Cobra F6 irons w/ KBS 110 FLTD
·         50, 54, 58 J40 Wedges w/ DG Tour S100
·         Scotty Cameron Newport Select
·         B330-RX balls
               These shiny toys will now be navigating the course on the new AutoFold push cart by BigMax for the foreseeable future.  I am looking forward to reviewing the next offering by BigMax.  Well as mentioned before you could find me sneaking out my daughter's BigMax Blade, which is very compact, light, and stores easily.  A push cart for me needs ease of assembly and maneuverability is key.  Bulky just doesn't butter the bread and if it takes a rocket scientist to put the cart in action, I would vie for the golf cart. 
                The BigMax Autofold arrived in a package with pictures of what I would find inside.  My daughter immediately said, “Dad you got me a new cart?”  Not so much sweetie, this one is for the old guy!  

IMG_9029.JPG

I tore into the box and had the golf cart fully assembled and the bag on within 10 minutes.  Out of the box you can definitely tell the Autofold is made to last.  The frame and materials used don't lead one to believe wear and tear will be an issue. 

IMG_9035.JPG

The larger sized wheels show great detail and the incorporation of the BigMax logo is a plus. 

IMG_9032.JPG

The AutoFold when fully assembled is quite large, in which my wife made the comment, “That looks like an oversized wheelchair.”  Oh the naysayers who just don't understand or have a love for the game of golf.  Hopefully she isn't reading this or I may be looking for a new place to bunk.  So I decided to load up the clubs and head out to the course.  Very quick set up and was heading to the first tee in no time at all.  I am looking forward to see how the cart's design handles hilly terrain and the ease of applying the breaking mechanism.  Additionally as I will hone in to see how different sized bags from your carry bags all the way up to staffers fit on to the cart.
The next few months will be fun as I get back to enjoying the golf course from a healthy perspective and reliving those memories of the glistening dew and fresh cut fairways in my new Caddy thanks to BigMax.

IMG_9068.JPG

IMG_9065.JPG

Howdy All,

First of all, thanks to My Golf Spy, and BarbaJo and Bones for affording me the opportunity to do this testing. I have 3 kids ages 4,4 and 2 and precious little time to golf, so I rarely put my name in to try clubs because I know I don't have the time to review them properly for the other readers, but I jumped at the chance to try this push cart. I've been rolling a Sun Mountain SpeedCart V1 for the last several years and had 2 rounds already on the calendar coming up, so here I am. Here's a few pics of the current cart, as you can see, it's long in the tooth, has some rust and is ready to be passed along to a friend.

I am a high (unofficial) capper, usually shooting in the mid-90s, but no official handicap. I can be either awesome or not off the tee, pretty good from the fairway or shorter rough with my 4 wood and hybrid, good with my irons, but struggle from 75 yards and in. Putting has been hit and miss, and is always a work in progress.

I've been golfing for 20+ years, originally starting with a set of my mom's old clubs in elementary school and then my grandfather bought me a custom fit set from a local company. I played sparingly over the years, not playing much in high school, college or grad school due to sports and schooling, but started to take it serious in late 2011 when I bought a package of lessons. Here's my current set up:

Ogio Syncro cart bag

Driver: Cobra Fly-Z+ 10° Aldila Tour Blue 75X

Fairway:Tour Edge CB4 4 wood 16.5° Aldila RIP Σ 70X

Hybrid: : Wilson FG Tour M3 21° Aldila Phenom 85 X

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4i-PW, KBS Tour X, SS 1x

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11 50.05, 55.12, 60.05, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X

Putter: 35" Odyssey 2-Ball Backstryke

I was fit at GolfTec for my irons at the end of a batch of lessons and by a Cobra rep at a local demo day for my driver. Based on MGS reviews, I demoed and ended up buying my wedges and hybrid, and laughed the first time I saw my putter, until I tried it.

I used to play 2-3x per month in 2012, I was getting good, consistently shooting bogie, then my twins were born early, and it's been rounds few and farther between. 2 years later we had our 3rd child and I've been finding ways to work golf back into my life on a regular basis ever since.

I play mostly in the greater Sacramento area, but occasionally get to play when I travel. I absolutely LOVE “Poor Man's Pebble” at Pacific Grove Muni and MGS's #1 California course Yocha Dehe, and highly recommend Old Works in Anaconda, Montana, an awesome Jack Nicklaus course with black copper smelt sand traps.

I much prefer to walk courses for 2 reasons, 1) it keeps me loose and 2) since I tend to “use” much of the course, my cart partners aren't always as enthused to zig zag down the fairway with me at times. I've seen Big Max push carts for the last few years at the Haggin Oaks Golf Expo each spring in Sacramento, digging the compact design, the big wheels and the lack of pneumatic tires, but since I had my Sun Mountain cart, I couldn't justify buying a new one. I've seen a few on craigslist, but never pulled the trigger.

I will say, there's few things better than rolling up to your house after a Costco trip to see this at your door:

I love golf for the individual challenge it truly is. No matter what happens, it's up to you to perform, there's no blaming anyone but yourself. It's something that generations can play together, a game where a 60-year old can whip a 25 year old, and that there's always the “crack shot”- that one shot, no matter how shitty the round, that is flawless, feels like butter and brings you back for more.

My lasting memory of my Sun Mountain Cart: pulling into a gas station at 5 AM on the way up to Chico for a day of golf and beer (Sierra Nevada Brewing is AMAZING, that green labeled crap they call an IPA is piss compared to the 15+ brew they have on tap at the actual brewery). Anyway, my Speedcart tires were low, so here I was in the dark, pumping quarters into an air machine on the side of route 70. Yes this might have been able to be done at the course (or before-hand if I was paying attention) , but since we almost always run late, I wasn't sure there'd be time.

To me, Sun Mountain has been the king of push carts for a long time, and my cart has been great. I do like the netting to hold spare balls, the tee slots and cup holder, but the inflated tires have been an issue (again my own fault, but I can be lazy at times), the screw mechanism that holds the handle up loosens, so I am adjusting it through my rounds. It is relatively small, but when you have 3-4 players piling clubs in the back of a car, with their own carts, they end up taking up a lot of room. The metal wheels and spokes look good to start, but rust over time. I do like the brake by the right hand, but the wiring mechanism loosens and doesn't hold much anymore, plus more metal and moving parts to rust and break down over time.

In a push cart, I want easy of folding and quick break down, easily cleanable, minimal metal due to rust and fewer mechanisms that can break. I like the netting area to hold items like balls, I don't "need" a score card holder with writing platform and good cup holders are a must. I want straps to hold my bag in place ( my SM may have had them, but i bought it used so maybe they fell off prior) and I want it to stay in place.

Anywho, I did get 1 round in for this part, and why are there only a few clubs in the bag in this picture?? My annual 3 club tournament, the Honey Badger Classic, was 2 days after receiving the Big Max Autofold push cart, and I eschewed the use of a drive cart to get a feel for the Big Max Auto Fold and was easily able to keep up with the cart drivers. Anywho, my next round is in 2 weeks and I'll compete my review on a hilly course with a full bag.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Big Max AutoFold FF Push Cart

Official Forum Member Review

By McaseyM

Howdy, All, I’m just gonna come out and say it, this thing is BADASS!

Prior to this review, my pushcart was a Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1 in all black with stainless steel spoked tires. I came across it at a garage sale for $20, and thought I had won the pushcart lottery. Prior to using a regular pushcart, I always had backpack carry bags, but found they’d rub the shoulders of my golf shirts until they got fuzzy ( plus limit the amount of  beverages I could comfortably tote). I have loved the SMV1, but noticed over the last year or two that the twist mechanism to lock the handle and front tire stopped holding, the braking system was loose and the tires would need to be refilled every few months. I’ve had several instances where I’d go to the cart barn workers and ask for a fill up.  Could I have switched out for inflatable tires for solid tires at some point? Yes. But then I came across the Big Max folding pushcarts at the Haggin Oaks Golf Expo 2 years ago and was smitten. Knowing I am a frugal man, I couldn't spend $2-300 for one at the time. I had been looking into a way to get a newer pushcart for the last 6 months and sometimes came across one on craigslist, but never pulled the trigger.

Overall, my game is hit-and-miss, and can go from powerful and brilliant to downright shitty, so this is one reason I prefer a pushcart: so my playing partner doesn't have to traverse the course with me. I have been known to visit more than one fairway on a hole, so being able to do it alone is a plus. I mostly like to walk courses to get a true feel for the design and some exercise, because let's face it, golf is not the most strenuous of "sports." It also helps keeps me loose, that helps burn off the 3 to 6 beers I drink ðŸ‘

Performance on the Course

The set-up of this thing is so easy it's a joke. It has quick release button for the tires (if you want to make it even smaller than it already is when folded down) and for the cup-holder and umbrella attachments,  one snap to undo the folded frame, super easy handle adjustment, and takes about three seconds without having to screw anything (a bonus for players with arthritic hands/wrists).

Here’s all of the items from the box:

Here’s how you attach the wheels:

Here is a mini photo comparison of setting up my Sun Mountain cart, versus the Big Max cart. 

This cart rolls very smoothly, the wide wheels spread the weight well that even if you roll over wet or muddy terrain, it does so with ease.  It handled the hills of Woodcreek Golf course very well, even with the minimal braking system. 

I had my doubts about the little foot brake only on the right wheel, but it held strong, and even on that steep lateral incline, the cart did not roll to the right on the locked wheel. What I really like about this it that there are no cables or many moving parts to loosen and wear like a bike brake.

By bag stayed very stable on the cart,  no sliding even when I went over too steep of an incline sideways and tipped it, (my fault, not the cart’s) only the clubs slid, the bag held very firm.  The adjustable flexible strapping holds very well.

Here’s a pic of it sitting at a steep angle on the side of a steep green, no rolling on the braked wheel.

As for accessories and attachments, this has everything one could need. I will admit, I am a fair-weather golfer and don’t play in the rain ( I live in Northern California, so I do get to play pretty much year round, so I don’t have to be picky), so I don’t see myself using the umbrella attachment, but know it would come in handy in other places. 

The cup-holder is nice and deep, and attaches on the side, not blocking your reach to the central compartment and much less likely to slosh on your scorecard. Since it detaches, you can go either side with it, or like me, plan to get a second one.

The push buttons release to access a spot for GPS attachment on either side, and you can hold 4 tees in the slots. 

The central compartment is very large, and as you ca see here, can easily accommodate a gallon of Badger Blood from my little tournament.

It also stores a little smaller than my SMV1 cart in the back of the my Forester

Course Score: 55

Performance Notes

Overall, it performed very very well. I was able to keep up with my cart-riding partners during my tournament, carry everything  I needed, and never felt that I didn’t have control of the cart.

Compared to my SMV1 this feels more heavy duty, sets ups larger and folds down smaller and now I never have to deal with inflatable tires again. The braking system holds firm and handle adjusts easily and I don’t have nearly as many steps (not that the SMV1 takes much longer, but less bending down to get the front wheel).

I believe I even found a hidden use, food storage:

you could be like my buddy here:

or here:

Or roll like me:

Please Note: this works awesome….until you hit a sideways incline. Probably would have been better if I put it on the lowest part of the frame. I may find/fashion some pieces to actually hold something there.

If the front wheel ever gets out of alignment and pulls to one side,  they include a hex wrench to make adjustments as needed so you can always ride straight. 

At this point I’m not sure if/what I would change. It folds up easily, is light weight, looks good, is easily washable. Maybe, just maybe, they could do more colors for the frames or wheels, but that is in no way a deal breaker. 

You may be asking yourself “If his bag is black and red, why didn’t he get the black and red trolley??” Well my friends, I like a little flash in my golf and the white and blue struck me a a cool combo….plus I’m a huge Transformers nerd (see home modified driver head cover) and this reminded me of Optimus Prime, so there ya go.

I really appreciate how they included the cup holder and umbrella holder, but if there was an option to get to choose the 2 accessories, that would be my only change.

Also, this cart comes with a 5 year warranty ( if warranted registered online, only 2 years if you mail the card in) How sweet is that!

Subjective

I find this cart to be very appealing, the thicker tubing on the frames, the thin profile and wide tires give it a faster appearance. There are minimal logos and stickers, only running along the bottom of the frame and in the tread of the tires.

This folds down pretty small 

Comparison pic to CMV1, and unfolds into something quite large, as one of my fellow testers mentioned, it kinda looks like a transport wheel chair.

It feel very sturdy with the heavy gauge tubing, nice welds (something you metalworkers and putter makers will appreciate) and just feels like it is a quality piece of equipment.  

I would expect this to last a solid 5-10 years, mostly due to the framing, and also the lack of excessive moving parts and components. The wheels are solid and low profile so they can be cleaned easily. The wheel frames are also a hard plastic with the only metal coming on the point where it is inserted, so there is no exposure for rust there.

I feel it will be low maintanence, maybe with some minor adjustments to the front wheel as it gets used more, but here's the tool to do it:

There are no metal wheels to rust, no cables to loosen or come undone and the nothing to screw or unscrew and strip threads. The locking mechanism for the handle is simple and has many teeth, so it feels that it will hold well for a long time.

Time will tell on actual folding pistons that draw the wheel in and out, but with a 5 year warranty, I’m not worried in the least

Comparing the Big Max Autofold FF to my current/previous cart, I feel it is a big upgrade. There are less steps for set up, fewer moving parts that can break or wear out, and transforms faster with less steps.

The ability to interchange items/holders on the dash of the cart is a big plus.  You can roll with variable items, the items pouch is big enough for a jacket, balls, and pretty much anything else you could want.  Big Max has several options for other accessories including coolers, GPS holders and the like.

When fully open, it is rather large, but not unwielding and is very easy to control. It’s not as small as their Blade cart, but that one is designed to be a skeleton frame without regular accessories.

Looks Score: 25

Likelihood of Purchase

The limitation to my likelihood of purchase of this comes down to cost, as the Big Max Autofold FF is very expensive, retailing at $299.99. There are several things to consider with this in that we always talk about value, and this is literally something that you will use on every single hole (unlike 13/14 of your clubs).

This feels like a very high quality piece of equipment, it rolls true and easy, has easily interchangeable parts, is very simple to put together and open/close and has accessories that make it very easy to carry items you want and need on the course. 

When it comes to items of a mechanical nature, in my experience, you get what you pay for and while this is pricey, I see the value of a higher end push cart. The comparable newest Sun Mountain Speed Cart GT retails for $209 and also has solid wheels, but has the wired braking system and a 3 year warranty on the frame, 1 year on all other parts.

The extended warranty is a big selling point for me, and would be especially even more so if I was able to play more regularly. If you play weekly, you’re basically paying $1 per week for this and that would be if it died at 5 years. Pricey? Yes, worth it...absolutely!

Score 12

Conclusion & Final Score

Overall, this is one fine piece of golf equipment that I would urge anyone looking into push cart to consider.  It’s a sturdy, compact folded design that opens up into solid cart with flick of the fingers and pull of the arms. I rolls as true as your favorite putter and can handle any course conditions like a 4x4. It rolls smooth, holds anything you could want to walk with and looks like it was built for speed.

Overall Score:

Course Score: 55

Looks Score: 25

LOP Score: 12

Overall Score: 92

A big thank you again to My Golf Spy, BarbaJo and Bones and the community here.  

OK, guys here is my stage 1 thread. My name is Steve and I am from Massachusetts. I have been golfing for 25 years. I have been a member of a private country club for the last 4 years,prior to that I was a pay as you play golfer. I currently have a 5.6 index and my course is a 124 slope. I recently retired from law enforcement after 25 yrs hence the huge drop in my handicap cause of it,lol. I am extremely competitive in golf or basically any sport I play for that matter. But, I can turn it off when i know i'm just playing for fun. my love for the game comes from the constant ability to improve. This game never allows you to remain stagnant. I would have to say the strongest part of my game is wedge play. Basically from 100 yards and in is where I save my strokes, my putting game has been upgraded since cutting down my putter to 33". This year I put brand new irons in my bag which are the Ping G irons purple dot with regular shaft flex. I also put in Titleist 913 3 and 4 hybrids both regular flex. I switched over my Titleist 910 D3 to regular flex which has easily given me 20 more yards. I have 2 Callaway wedges both MD3 s grind 48 degree turned to 49,and a 56 degree. both wedges are 2 degrees flat. and my putter is an Odyssey white hot#2. i was fitted for my irons only at Golfsmith. I used to walk on occasion in the past,until this year I dedicated myself to walking. I currently use a Bagboy express le. I never put much thought behind a push cart until I seen a couple of my buddy's who walk all the time. So after looking more into the different versions I realized what mine didn't have. A big option is a cell phone holder. So I picked up a bicycle cell phone holder and attached it to the handle on my Bagboy. Another cool feature I didn't have was a 360 degree front wheel,and a hand brake. My Bagboy has a foot break. Also the ability to break down into compact size for storage. My Bagboy is very large to store which in attached picture of our cart locker room you will be able to see.

Big Max Autofold- when I found out I was selected for this review I was totally pumped. I went onto you-tube to see what the Big Max was all about. I viewed the video which the company produced to show you how it worked.I loved the ease of breakdown, the compact size. I then went onto their website to do more investigation into this cart. I noticed that the umbrella and cup holder were included and I was totally satisfied,and couldn't wait for it's arrival.

once it arrived I immediately opened the box,read the directions for set up and put the cart together in my kitchen (picture attached). I pushed it around my house as if I was on the golf course(was raining on day of arrival),texted a picture of it to my buddies. All responses to the picture were positive. My initial thoughts were this is a really cool and beefy looking cart,that rolled well with the big tires. I loved the fact that it had a storage bag for my keys and wallet, few snacks while playing. Prior to this I hadn't seen or heard about Big Max Carts. My stage 1 review is complete,hope you guys enjoy.

20160801_142728.jpg

20160801_150401.jpg

20160807_082311.jpg

20160809_115851.jpg

Titleist 910 7.5 driver,callaway 48,56 degree wedges.ping g irons 5-pw purple dot.19,21 degree titleist 913 hybrids.

Stage 2---

Player Intro - Let me start off by saying thank you to my golf spy for the opportunity to test this product. I hope I have met your exceptions in this review. I as like many count on these reviews to make an educated decision on a purchase. Alright here is my stage 2 review of the Autofold by Big Max. Well here I am waiting for tropical storm Hermine to hit here in Massachusetts,so I figured what better way to spend sometime than writing my review. I play at course which is populated by walking golfers. It has limited hills which makes walking enjoyable. The green to tee distance is awesome too. As I said earlier I retired after 25yrs in law enforcement and made a commitment to walking this year. I had purchased a Bagboy express Le several years ago but never really made good use of it until this year. Most of my playing group are walkers also. I am currently a 8 handicap as of the September 1st ghin revision here in Massachusetts.20160809_115851.jpg

Performance

As for the ease of set-up it does set-up pretty quickly. I found setting up the handle first then releasing front tire worked best for me. Once set-up it is definitely one beefy cart. Very solid in construction and a real eye catcher with it's big tires and colors. Many compliments on how it looked from members at the course. I found the Automax to be extremely solid on uneven terrain, my course is on the water and we have a crossing bridge which is covered with rocks and this cart had no problem being pushed over it. One of the things I found was that my bag shifted during play which didn't happen on my Bagboy. And if I made the restraint system too tight I had an issue getting my clubs back in my golf bag. One of the best features for me was the storage bag under the score card holder. I had plenty of room for my keys and wallet,cellphone and on course snacks.Since my course is pretty flat the foot brake does not get used much by me,but i did try it and it was easy to use and worked very well.

Course Score:52

IMG_1907.JPGIMG_1908.JPG

Performance Notes

The AutoMax performed very well at my course which I was happy with. The one big difference for me was that on the 3 downhill locations at my course the AutoMax didn't roll nearly was well as the BagBoy. I can easily let my BagBoy go,and it will roll easily to the bottom of the hills under control. The AutoMax always stopped before reaching the bottom of the hill,even times with me giving it a good push it would not make it to the bottom. I like the fact that the tires don't need to be inflated like on my BagBoy,loved the storage,umbrella holder,ease of set-up and breakdown.I do wish it had a cellphone holder on or near handle for when using my cellphone as a yardage device. I also had completed a round of golf and after removing my bag the AutoMax tipped over due to have a 20 oz bottle of water still in the cup holder. The weight of the water bottle was enough to make the handle top heavy and tipping the cart onto the handle. I would like to see the cup holder not on the handle of cart but in the middle as on my Bagboy. I would like to see a better restraint system than the bungycord type system on the AutoMAX. I really like the Velcro system on my BagBoy.IMG_1905.JPGIMG_1911.JPGIMG_1912.JPGIMG_1909.JPG

Subjective

Looks and Durability

Again let me say this is one beefy cart,love the colors on it. Got many compliments on it. As for durability I believe it will hold up for years,as it seems very well constructed. It definitely has a solid look to it,unlike many including my BagBoy. The only other cart I have seen with a beefy look is the clickgear which someone thought it was until I told them which brand it was.

Looks Score: 22

20160801_150401.jpg

Likelihood of Purchase

At the price of 299.99 this cart would not be on my radar for purchase. I feel there are better values out their,with just as good of quality for less. It is a very nice cart,but at this price I would pass.

LOP Score: 8

Subjective Notes

*Beefy looking

* Great colors

*Good Storage

*Awesome size when collapsed

*Need of cell phone holder

*Less Heavy

*Better location for drink holder

Conclusion And Final Score

In closing on the review of the AutoMax, I will touch on the positives. First, the assembly of this cart was extremely easy, it looks awesome,feels durable. It gives me the impression it will hold up well for me or anyone using it. The size of it when collapsed is another huge positive for me. The storage under the score card holder along with the included cup and umbrella holder also was a positive for me. Now to the negatives. I didn't feel like it rolled all that well down hill when not directly holding it. I find this cart very heavy to push and maneuver. I was also hoping it would have a 360 degree front wheel,but it didn't. The cup holder location was a big negative for me due to when ever a bottle was left filled and you removed your clubs from cart it would tip onto the handle,there for all your items in storage bag under scorecard holder would hit ground. i.e cellphone. I also would have liked a cellphone holder so when using it as a yardage device it would be readily accessible rather than having to go into the storage pouch each time.

Total Score: 82

20160809_120000.jpgIMG_1903.JPGIMG_1912.JPG

Titleist 910 7.5 driver,callaway 48,56 degree wedges.ping g irons 5-pw purple dot.19,21 degree titleist 913 hybrids.

First let me thank My Golf Spy and Big Max for the opportunity to review the BIG MAX AUTOFOLD FF CART

My name is Mark and I am from Illinois. I have been golfing for 15 years. I'm a “Pay as you play" golfer, playing 3 times a week. I currently have a 20 index and I enjoy the competitive part of golf and the constant challenge that comes with it. This is what has kept me in the game. I started playing golf because I worked for a company where all of the top executives played and I realized that if I wanted extra face time and get noticed, play golf was the way to do it. However, once I started playing – I got hooked.

I would have to say the strongest part of my game is my long game. I have been called “Mr. Fairway” on several occasions. I wasn't always like this. Up until this year, I was a notorious slicer off the tee. I just never could get rid of that “Over the Top” swing. I have taken lessons since I started with many teacher and finally last year found one that could “Reach me”. A new teacher and better fitting equipment

My WITB is as follows

Driver: Bridgestone JGR 9.5° with Tour Green Driver Shaft

Fairway Woods: Bridgestone JGR 3w, 5w & 7w

Hybrid: Tour Edge EX 9 #4 with Recoil Shaft

Irons: Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged Irons 7-AW with Recoil shafts

Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy-PM Grind wedge, 56*

Putter: TP Mills Traditional II

Gaming these Bridgestone JGR's has complete changed me game – I now know what it is like to have a set clubs that fit you and you can use for many years –

I belong to a Tuesday Night Golf League for several years that plays 9 holes after work. Our season goes from Early April to the end of August. The course is a muni and is built for walking.

Up to last year I used a Bagboy Express LE. I was the perfect starter push cart. As time went on, taking off the front wheel all of the time became a “Hassle” and decided that I need an updated cart After doing some research, I really liked the Big Max carts and received a Big Max Z360 last Christmas.

IMG_1391.PNG

I have used this Big Max Z360 this year however It has really hasn't worked out that way that I had hoped. I still needed to remove the front wheel to get it to fit in my car or loaded in sideways. And while it had a 360 swiveling front wheel, It actual was more of a hindrance than a help. So when I found out that I was chosen to test that Big Max Autofold- I thought, “This is Great” I know the company already and knew that made really good carts. Really was excited to get this on the course and see how compact this cart was.

Here is what how the cart came to me:

IMG_2455.JPG

IMG_2461.JPG

I opened the box and the parts of the cart were wrapped in plastic:

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

Here it is unwrapped:

IMG_2471.JPG

The cart open really easy and looks really nice:

IMG_2468.JPG

Here it is compared to my Big Max Z360:

IMG_2474.JPG

Look how nice it looks with my bag on it!

IMG_2483.JPG

I did have an issue with the cart on my first time out. Note now the back wheels are tilted in:

AA.jpg

On my follow up review, I'll let know how this got resolved and how this cart is so much better fit in my SUV..

Driver: Epic Flash 9* with UST V2 5F4 shaft

Fairway Woods: EF 3W and Rogue Heavenwood

Hybrid: 2019 BB 4Hybrid

Irons: Tour B H1 Hybrid Forged Irons 6-AW with Recoil shafts

Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 54* -PM Grind 2.0 wedge, 58*

Putter: Toulon Garage Atlanta

Stage 2 Reserved

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

AA.jpg

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2480 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2727.JPG

Stage 1 up...

Great background story!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Awesome start guys!  Love the stories --  can't wait for the Stage 2's!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I like the white with blue!  

Great stuff so far; looking fwd to how they perform out there for you.

Have fun.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I will tell you that I can't count how many Golfers in my league come up to me and ask me about the cart. They really like it. And once I show them how it folds and unfolds, they are amazed.

Great start guys.  I've eyed the newer push carts for the last year or so, with an annual promise that I'm going to walk more.  Unfortunately my course is not walkable even for the toughest of billy goats, but i enjoy reading your stories and thoughts on this push cart. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Awesome reviews and pics, keep them coming.

Sent from my Note 7 using the MyGolfSpy app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Stage 2 posted!

• 2 weeks later...

No one wants to discuss the pushcarts????

I guess everyone popped short-game wood when EVNRoll putters beat out the Ketsch and Cleveland put up the wedge sets.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

How does it handle a staff bag? Did anyone notice any trouble with the cart "drifting" to left or right after a few rounds?

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

How does it handle a staff bag? Did anyone notice any trouble with the cart "drifting" to left or right after a few rounds?

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Thanks for asking!

no drifting issues for me but I have a cart bag,  not a staff bag. it does come with an hex wrench to adjust the alignment of the front wheel in case the alignment gets thrown off. 

Some of the other guys have more rounds than me on it, so they may be able to shed a little more light on it. 

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Handles a staff bag quite well. The fit is a tad bit tighter than I would prefer. My review is forth coming and I will post some pictures with the staffer. Work has been hectic enough for me to sit down and compose my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

I still use this cart as my main push cart,but i envy so many other carts. A hand brake instead of a foot brake is awesome. I did enjoy the testing of this cart,but to me so many flaws with it.

I got this yesterday. IMG_2690.JPG

The first one was defective. The wheels tilt out. Mike McHugh at Big Max has been great to work with.

• 1 month later...

Hey testing guys  --

Great write-ups and stories!

Am a devoted push cart user myself (upgrade from a very basic pull cart) and sorry but did not catch in the reviews if...

1. Does it easily and properly handle a stand bag, ie. without having to turn the bag on its side or add extra tie-ons at the top or ___?

and, 

2. Is the handle (easily) height-adjustable?

Thanks!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Hey testing guys  --

Great write-ups and stories!

Am a devoted push cart user myself (upgrade from a very basic pull cart) and sorry but did not catch in the reviews if...

1. Does it easily and properly handle a stand bag, ie. without having to turn the bag on its side or add extra tie-ons at the top or ___?

and, 

2. Is the handle (easily) height-adjustable?

Thanks!!!

Thanks for asking!

I can't speak to the stand back, but if you can secure the pop out legs, it should be fine. One of the reviewers noted it held a tour bag well. the elastic latching straps at adjustable and secure. 

As for the handle, it goes up and down very easily and locks in place. I started with mine up all the way and it was chest height ( i'm 6-2) and i dropped it down about 6-9 inches for more control. 

Thanks for asking!

I can't speak to the stand back, but if you can secure the pop out legs, it should be fine. One of the reviewers noted it held a tour bag well. the elastic latching straps at adjustable and secure. 

As for the handle, it goes up and down very easily and locks in place. I started with mine up all the way and it was chest height ( i'm 6-2) and i dropped it down about 6-9 inches for more control. 

Great to know, and thanks for answering!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Archived