JBones

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - BEN HOGAN GOLF VKTR HYBRID

Nice work so far boys.  Really looking forward to the reviews!

Kenn & Sprout, I wish I was reviewing these sweet hybrids with you.....

• Like 1

"Preliminary" Stage 2 comments posted; more complete testing and Stage 2 response to follow soon!

OK, whew!, have finally posted my Stage 2 review for the VKTR hybrids.

(Had a few issues with formatting in the forum editor, but do seem to have a gotten a handle on inserting pictures, but then along the way got a "CONTENT_TOO_LONG" error ???!!??? so my "Preliminary" section, along with a few other parts, had to go...)

• Like 1

Two small updates on my Stage 2 post:

1. Had an incorrect factoid in the "Moveable Weights" section, re: 1 SW = 3 grams; checked this and apparently 1 SW .. in the clubhead .. is 2 grams.

2. Work-around for whistling noise: also added a small piece of clear plastic tape over the opening of the heel weight port, too ... tape over the toe weight port took care of _most_ of the noise but there was still a bit there....

And an "fyi":

Driver is back in the bag! Have a charity outing this coming weekend - which will be best ball  - so if I get a lucky drive then yeah! and if I don't well we still have three other chances, right? ;-) 

Played it yesterday on a practice round and hit three balls off the longest tee - first shot went wide right but still playable, and next two went 240 into the dogleg (onto an upslope) and lay only about 15 yards from each other, so was very happy with that! 

Sorry for the delay.  Some of the reason is described in my review.

My Stage 2 is up.

• Like 1

Good honest review Kenny.

• Like 1

Good honest review Kenny.

Agreed - it's interesting we had somewhat similar experiences and conclusions (and aspirations! .. I also had dreamy visions of Ben Hogan-esque ace smooth perfect tempo swings in my head...)

I like the idea of adding an extra heavy weight screw (vs experimenting with lead tape); going to contact BHG and ask if they can send a pair of those 9g weights!

• Like 2

Agreed - it's interesting we had somewhat similar experiences and conclusions (and aspirations! .. I also had dreamy visions of Ben Hogan-esque ace smooth perfect tempo swings in my head...)

I like the idea of adding an extra heavy weight screw (vs experimenting with lead tape); going to contact BHG and ask if they can send a pair of those 9g weights!

I can't help but wonder what BHG is doing with 9-gram weights.  It's not an option for the VKTRs, but maybe they are available for fitting at certain BHG locations.  My other thought was DRIVERS!?!

I can't help but wonder what BHG is doing with 9-gram weights. It's not an option for the VKTRs, but maybe they are available for fitting at certain BHG locations. My other thought was DRIVERS!?!

Emailed customer service and asked if they could send me a pair of those replacement weight screws (haven't heard back yet but they do have a programming snafu in their auto-reply).

While emailing them it occurred to me that if you're replacing 1x18g + 1x2g = 20 grams ... then you'll need 2 x 10-gram weights ... asked if they had these available....