JBones

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - BEN HOGAN GOLF VKTR HYBRID

Well after several days out to sea on the ship and moving my family to Washington I was finally able to get my review up. I hope you guys get some information that will help you decide if these are the right clubs for you.

The more I play the more I like these clubs. I especially like the 18* its perfect for what I need it to do. The 21* is really good but I hit my 3 iron very well so I am still undecided on this one. More to come soon.

Anyone have any specific questions about the VKTR Hybrids?

The more I play the more I like these clubs. I especially like the 18* its perfect for what I need it to do. The 21* is really good but I hit my 3 iron very well so I am still undecided on this one. More to come soon.

Have to admit am a bit jealous... ;) But then you're a much better player and these clubs are well suited to you. Congrats on finding the right tool for the job!

That said, I am getting a bit more comfortable with the 20° .. it may possibly perhaps could displace my current 20.5 hybrid, a Cobra F6, which I seem to use primarily as my "rescue" type club.

Oh, and separately -

Did receive a set of 8-gram weight screws from Hogan customer service. Plan on heading to the range and experimenting with a few different configurations.

This would be replacing the one 18g weight plus one, or more, 2g weight(s) so the clubhead swing weight will probably be changing (it's currently approx D2 with a total of 24 grams in the four weight screws, unless I end up with 3 x 8g screws and leave one out).

As a footnote, I liked the Cobra F6 50* Gap Wedge so much, that when I got a chance, I ordered the matching Sand Wedge, 2* Flat with Matrix Red Tie regular graphite shaft.  I have been using it for several rounds now and can say that it is every bit as solid as the Gap Wedge.  In order to accommodate the new wedge, I removed my SCOR wedges (53* & 57*) from the bag, which allowed me to insert the Bonbtech 4 Hybrid(21*).  So while I am adjusting my game to 3 wedges, I have an extra long club to use.  Has anyone else aquired the Sand Wedge?

• Like 1

As a footnote, I liked the Cobra F6 50* Gap Wedge so much, that when I got a chance, I ordered the matching Sand Wedge, 2* Flat with Matrix Red Tie regular graphite shaft. I have been using it for several rounds now and can say that it is every bit as solid as the Gap Wedge. In order to accommodate the new wedge, I removed my SCOR wedges (53* & 57*) from the bag, which allowed me to insert the Bonbtech 4 Hybrid(21*). So while I am adjusting my game to 3 wedges, I have an extra long club to use. Has anyone else acquired the Sand Wedge?

Hey Foz -

Maybe you meant to post this under the F6 irons thread? Anyway.. I am .. shocked? .. you've replaced your SCOR wedges .. thought you were one of those guys "..only when you pry it from my cold dead fingers".... ;-)

I'm also happy with my F6 50° (and the rest of the F6 set!) but so far have not considered adding the sand wedge. Actually been thinking in the other direction -- late in the season picked up a Mizuno S5 wedge that I'm pretty pleased with and had been considering getting a matching 50°.....

Interesting you added a 21 hybrid. This is a spot in my bag I'm *still* experimenting with - including the VKTR 20°.

I keep switching between that and an F6 3/4 hybrid set at 20.5° and an Adams 3H (20°) and even picked up a Cally XR Pro 20 that I kinda like, too!

So many club choices, so little time....

I tried the VKTR a couple of times this past summer. I had no trouble at all getting the ball in the air, even with the weight behind the face for a more penetrating flight. It went high and straight, but it was a little spinny. We only had one X shaft and I don't remember what it was, but it didn't carry much farther than my 3 iron. Great look and feel, but too much spin for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well, it's been a while, but -- I do think about these hybrids every now and then... Really wish I still had that 20° (it, and a few other clubs, had been ummm "borrowed" from my garage one summer day) ... It would be really useful to me now (as my swing is evolving and progressing) to fill an important slot in the bag.

Still stand by my early first impression: if you're a better player who wants to try a hybrid but has had trouble finding one that launches and plays well for you - definitely give these a test!
(Hogan has a demo program .. see their website)

• Like 3