Heavy Wedge (Prototype)

GolfSpy_X

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't guess i should knock it until I try it, but the only thing that keeps running through my mind is how many fats shots am I going to hit with this thing?!?!?!?! I'm afraid the weighting might cause some people some issues...but like I said I'm not going to knock it until I try it. Can't wait to see what the driver will look like.

• SPY VIP

Actually the head is not heavy...all the weight is put in the end of the grip for counter-balancing the weight. This thing felt pretty damn good actually. Should have some in soon to test out. They still have not gotten any stock in.

I don't guess i should knock it until I try it, but the only thing that keeps running through my mind is how many fats shots am I going to hit with this thing?!?!?!?! I'm afraid the weighting might cause some people some issues...but like I said I'm not going to knock it until I try it. Can't wait to see what the driver will look like.

#TruthDigest

Actually the head is not heavy...all the weight is put in the end of the grip for counter-balancing the weight. This thing felt pretty damn good actually. Should have some in soon to test out. They still have not gotten any stock in.

I'm surprised to hear that! I figured the head would be heavier than most wedges on the market. Like I said I didn't want to knock it before I tried it, but I think when most people see Heavy Wedge they are immediately going to think of hitting fats shots!

Also, what are the grooves like on these? Are they conforming or non-conforming?

I hate to be a pessimist, but I think this club will end up on a commercial with the F2 wedges. Two for $19.95...

The only way that would happen is if the price point set on these wedges is too high to begin with... Don't think that somebody is going to 'try' one of these wedges over say a Vokey, or a TM or Cleveland. If they price them around, and I'm guessing, say $60, I think that it could lure people into giving them a shot

So these wedges aren't really "heavy," it's just the name? My curiosity is really piqued about their driver. It seems with all of the superfast and extra light weight drivers being sold right now, a "heavy" driver is the last thing that people would want.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Heavy driver could make an impact or at least make people curious. Just because (as stated above) light is the new square this year. Cleveland and TM are both on the light kick.

Maybe a test your strength carnival add for the driver with one person using a small light hammer and the other with the "Heavy" hammer. Swing heavy to hammer the ball!

Now with Zolex! Powwww!

(sorry wrong hammer)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

If it is tooo heavy, I will not be able to throw it very far when I chunk a chip. A definite +. Shorter distance to walk to pick it up.

Driver - :taylormade-small:   Stealth 9° Graphite Design Tour AD XC Stiff
Fairway - Cannot find one worth a dang

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -  Ping PLD Anser (inbound)  Evnroll ER1V/Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• SPY VIP

If it is tooo heavy, I will not be able to throw it very far when I chunk a chip. A definite +. Shorter distance to walk to pick it up.

It may be so heavy that it ends up 6" deep if you really fatten one up.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I can only hope so. 6" would be an improvement....

Driver - :taylormade-small:   Stealth 9° Graphite Design Tour AD XC Stiff
Fairway - Cannot find one worth a dang

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -  Ping PLD Anser (inbound)  Evnroll ER1V/Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• SPY VIP

I know there have been delays but we should be getting some to test any day from what we heard from them.

What sort of time table is there for release into the market? I really like their heavy putters and would be very interested in trying out the wedges.

#TruthDigest