Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Heavy Wedge (Prototype)

GolfSpy_X

I don't guess i should knock it until I try it, but the only thing that keeps running through my mind is how many fats shots am I going to hit with this thing?!?!?!?! I'm afraid the weighting might cause some people some issues...but like I said I'm not going to knock it until I try it. Can't wait to see what the driver will look like.

• SPY VIP

Actually the head is not heavy...all the weight is put in the end of the grip for counter-balancing the weight. This thing felt pretty damn good actually. Should have some in soon to test out. They still have not gotten any stock in.

I don't guess i should knock it until I try it, but the only thing that keeps running through my mind is how many fats shots am I going to hit with this thing?!?!?!?! I'm afraid the weighting might cause some people some issues...but like I said I'm not going to knock it until I try it. Can't wait to see what the driver will look like.

#TruthDigest

Actually the head is not heavy...all the weight is put in the end of the grip for counter-balancing the weight. This thing felt pretty damn good actually. Should have some in soon to test out. They still have not gotten any stock in.

I'm surprised to hear that! I figured the head would be heavier than most wedges on the market. Like I said I didn't want to knock it before I tried it, but I think when most people see Heavy Wedge they are immediately going to think of hitting fats shots!

Also, what are the grooves like on these? Are they conforming or non-conforming?

I hate to be a pessimist, but I think this club will end up on a commercial with the F2 wedges. Two for $19.95...

The only way that would happen is if the price point set on these wedges is too high to begin with... Don't think that somebody is going to 'try' one of these wedges over say a Vokey, or a TM or Cleveland. If they price them around, and I'm guessing, say $60, I think that it could lure people into giving them a shot

So these wedges aren't really "heavy," it's just the name? My curiosity is really piqued about their driver. It seems with all of the superfast and extra light weight drivers being sold right now, a "heavy" driver is the last thing that people would want.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Heavy driver could make an impact or at least make people curious. Just because (as stated above) light is the new square this year. Cleveland and TM are both on the light kick.

Maybe a test your strength carnival add for the driver with one person using a small light hammer and the other with the "Heavy" hammer. Swing heavy to hammer the ball!

Now with Zolex! Powwww!

(sorry wrong hammer)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

If it is tooo heavy, I will not be able to throw it very far when I chunk a chip. A definite +. Shorter distance to walk to pick it up.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

If it is tooo heavy, I will not be able to throw it very far when I chunk a chip. A definite +. Shorter distance to walk to pick it up.

It may be so heavy that it ends up 6" deep if you really fatten one up.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I can only hope so. 6" would be an improvement....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

What sort of time table is there for release into the market? I really like their heavy putters and would be very interested in trying out the wedges.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I know there have been delays but we should be getting some to test any day from what we heard from them.

What sort of time table is there for release into the market? I really like their heavy putters and would be very interested in trying out the wedges.

#TruthDigest

I'm interested. I like my clubs heavy.

I've got some Hogan IPT's that I made quite heavy and really liked them. I tried to do the same thing with some Hogan Apex PC's...the swingweight is at D-5, but the overall weight feels too light.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Yes. Odd, huh?

I'm so confused.... :blink:

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• 3 weeks later...

I'd probably not be a fan of this club for the same reason I don't care for the heavy putter. I walk most of the time. You'd think that it wouldn't matter but it does... when I gamed a heavy putter a few years ago, I really noticed the extra weight. That out weighed any benefit I gained from the club.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Why do you say that?

Because its hard to break through in the category. I would suggest they go the Golf Channel infommercial route (like Solus).

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I have tried chipping and pitching with it when the Heavy Putter rep showed up for a demo day at our store a couple months back... Actually it's not all that bad, not going to lie to you.... I would possibly consider.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Archived