TESTERS WANTED! ×

SPY PICS! - Mizuno MP-53 & MP-63 Irons

I wish I had the game to be able to play irons that beautiful...

BUT, my Mizzy SGI will have to do...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

They have a very Japanese market look about them, 58s won't be coming down in price, they've only just come out. I think these are supposed to replace 52s and 62s. They better make them in left handed.

They have a very Japanese market look about them, 58s won't be coming down in price, they've only just come out. I think these are supposed to replace 52s and 62s. They better make them in left handed.

I agree, those look like a smaller headed version of Mizuno JPX (Japan Executive) irons of about 3-4 years ago.

• SPY VIP

Not sure how I feel about these. I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see them up close. Definitely a bit more modern look than we've seen from Mizuno (at least this side of the Pacific). I think I prefer the more classic appearance, but I reserve the right to change my mind.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I'm of a bit of a mixed opinion about the look of these. The 53 does not much at all for me. One of the rare clubs from Mizuno that I might not even pick up or be tempted by. The 63 is interesting. I'm not sure I'm all that sold on the look, that diamond cut out in the heel is kind of severe, but I like the strong bit of muscle in the cavity, and can definitely see how these could have a very good feel. I'll be picking these up and hitting them for sure when the come within arms reach of me!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

As much as I like the look of these I prefer the past few models that Mizuno has come out with. I am by no means a blade player but Mizuno always has great blades that makes me want to be a blade player. I'd rather add a set of MP 58/68 irons to my bag than these.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a fan of the look. The sharp edges don't look right to me, I much prefer the look of the 58's and 68's. I agree they really do look like they are more of the Japanese market rather than the US market.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i'm pretty sure i need to change my shorts now..............amazing says me!

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

I got the fitting heads in for the PFS system at my club, very nice looking irons, the MP-52 and MP-62 were moved to the Signature Line and the 58/68 are staying based on the direction they gave me for setting up the cart.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Archived