BigtazzGolf

Mason jars huh? I like that

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a great peanut butter stout I had at a beer festival in Austin called 'Sweep The Leg.' Not only did it taste great, it also had the Cobra Kai logo on it. And the brew master replied with PUT HIM IN A BODY BAG! when I yelled SWEEP THE LEG JOHNNY!

So yeah. I'm a fan of that brew.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Mason jars huh? I like that

Yeah, this is a new place that we thought about trying out.  They had about 15 brews on tap, but only the Pipeline Porter and my old standby Irish Death were dark.  Not many pubs around here have a lot of dark beer, but the all have Irish Death.

Went Christmas shopping today and while my wife was looking at clothes, I wandered into the beer section to see what their selection looked like.  A guy walked up and grabbed a bottle and started to walk away, and I asked him why he chose that beer over the bottle of Irish Death that was right next to it.  He said because it was better.  Guess I will have to see... Wrecking Ball bottled in Spokane, WA.

IMG_0599 (1).jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've "Hopped" off the craft beer wagon this year. But I'm not much of a consumer of alcohol anyway. No doubt there are a lot of good brews on the market these days. Not all but many have gone way overboard with the hops IMHO. So much so that they are just downright bitter with no taste except for strong over-bearing hops. And... the beers are expensive!

It's funny how bars and restaurants charge a Premium for "Imported" beer. Craft beer too. Or what they consider Import I should say. For example, I recently asked for a pint of Samuel Adams. When the lady brought it over she said that'll be $6 bucks! I said, "I thought you said imports were $6 and domestics were $4.50." She said "it's an import." I replied that Sam Adams is made in Massachusetts! She then replied, It's still considered an import." I then asked how much for a Shiner. (which is made in Texas) And she replied, "the same as Sam Adams." LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've "Hopped" off the craft beer wagon this year. But I'm not much of a consumer of alcohol anyway. No doubt there are a lot of good brews on the market these days. Not all but many have gone way overboard with the hops IMHO. So much so that they are just downright bitter with no taste except for strong over-bearing hops. And... the beers are expensive!

It's funny how bars and restaurants charge a Premium for "Imported" beer. Craft beer too. Or what they consider Import I should say. For example, I recently asked for a pint of Samuel Adams. When the lady brought it over she said that'll be $6 bucks! I said, "I thought you said imports were $6 and domestics were $4.50." She said "it's an import." I replied that Sam Adams is made in Massachusetts! She then replied, It's still considered an import." I then asked how much for a Shiner. (which is made in Texas) And she replied, "the same as Sam Adams." LOL

Price is about the same here.  I've just come to expect it.  I'm also not one for hoppy beer, so I tend to stick to the darker beer/ale.  However, they are heavy and I don't drink more than one... well, most of the time anyway!   :blush:   

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

And you thought a snowman was just for kids!   :)

attachicon.gifCold Frosty One.jpg

LOL Brilliant!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 8 months later...

We have a Flying Saucer here that we are going to begin visiting.

So many crazy names of the different brands. The KISS method went out the door it seems.

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

I've been to that Flying Saucer in my travels and had a blast there! I just took a look at their website to see what's on tap. Here are few recommendations for a Bud man trying to crossover.

Sweetwater Blue

Kona LongBoard Lager

Bell's Lager of The Lakes

Founder's PC Pils

Langunitas Pils

New Belgium Fat Tire

Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar

Sweetwater 420

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

• 2 months later...

So I've gotten the bug to try these fancy beers. As a loyal Bud Light man it isn't easy I guess to branch out.

Anyone have suggestions on a craft beer that will be good to ease into?

Currently on my list to try,

1. Yuengling light

2. River Horse Summer Blonde

3. Full Sail Session Lager

4. Abita Light

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

yuengling light is good never had those other. Sam Adams light is awesome tough to find in SC

Not much of beer guy anymore but my all time favorites.

1. Bells Two Hearted Ale 🥇

2. Black Rocks Nordskye 🥈

3. Deshutes Pine Drops 🥉

Yeah, was an IPA guy. I was big on brown ales for a while, tried pretty much everything I cloud find, dumped a lot out.

My favorite Brown Ale hails from Virginia and is known as “Legend Brown Ale” it's on tap at the Yorktown Pub, and that is the only place to enjoy it!

yuengling light is good never had those other. Sam Adams light is awesome tough to find in SC

I don't think of Yuengling as craft beer but to each their own. Had most of the Sam Adams stuff when on vacation in Boston I will stick to bells brewery they make great beer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I don't think of Yuengling as craft beer but to each their own. Had most of the Sam Adams stuff when on vacation in Boston I will stick to bells brewery they make great beer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's almost like saying rolling rock is a craft beer.

Sent from No Mans Land....

My favorite Brown Ale hails from Virginia and is known as “Legend Brown Ale” it's on tap at the Yorktown Pub, and that is the only place to enjoy it!

Legends is made in Richmond, VA, you can get it all over central VA.  It seems to me we even see it in a few stores around northern VA too.  I just came back from the Pinehurst area, and the Southern Pines Brewing Co makes a Man of Law IPA that's very drinkable, and on tap all over town there.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Legends is made in Richmond, VA, you can get it all over central VA. It seems to me we even see it in a few stores around northern VA too. I just came back from the Pinehurst area, and the Southern Pines Brewing Co makes a Man of Law IPA that's very drinkable, and on tap all over town there.

I know. But the Yorktown Pub is the “only place to enjoy it”. Frosted mason jar mugs. The atmosphere is what I was getting at.

Sent from No Mans Land....

I love me some craft beer! I drink it, I brew it, live it! I would say, the best way to find craft beer you really like is to go out and explore your local breweries. Get some tastings in, usually these are four to six, 2oz. pours so you can get a wide variety of the beers on offer. Try a few out, see what you like! 

As a follow up, a big issue in the beer industry today is fake craft beer. Big companies like AB InBev and Heineken are making pretend craft beers in house or just buying up successful craft breweries. 

The reason this is bad, the brewing game is tough. There's a ton of competition and distribution of beer in America is a mess you wouldn't want to touch with a 10' ball retriever! The big guys are doing everything they can to buy up or force out the little guys. This will result over time in the death of the craft beer industry and a return to poor quality beers and fewer options. 

What can you do? Look for the Independent Craft Brewer Seal! This is new so you may not see it much yet but in the near future, it should be on just about every true independent brewery label!

Drink up!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I love me some craft beer! I drink it, I brew it, live it! I would say, the best way to find craft beer you really like is to go out and explore your local breweries. Get some tastings in, usually these are four to six, 2oz. pours so you can get a wide variety of the beers on offer. Try a few out, see what you like! 

As a follow up, a big issue in the beer industry today is fake craft beer. Big companies like AB InBev and Heineken are making pretend craft beers in house or just buying up successful craft breweries. 

The reason this is bad, the brewing game is tough. There's a ton of competition and distribution of beer in America is a mess you wouldn't want to touch with a 10' ball retriever! The big guys are doing everything they can to buy up or force out the little guys. This will result over time in the death of the craft beer industry and a return to poor quality beers and fewer options. 

What can you do? Look for the Independent Craft Brewer Seal! This is new so you may not see it much yet but in the near future, it should be on just about every true independent brewery label!

Drink up!

Agree completely!!  I'm always looking for the small brewers locally in the northwest.  

It's interesting, but when I was traveling a lot back and forth to Russia over a 10 year period, I stayed in a lot of little towns.  Beer was not commonly brewed in these towns; Russia had several big breweries and these beers were everywhere.  Actually, they were quite good.  However, every town made their own vodka... there's a shock!!  They were always in little bottles, probably 1/2 litter.  It tasted nothing like the major vodka distillers, even major Russian bottlers.  It went down way too easy, even at room temperature which is probably why many of my colleagues came to work at 9am the next morning just a little tipsy!!

• 2 months later...

I'm not into IPAs; too hoppy for me.  I've moved to Irish Stout (not Guinness) and porters.  Lots of craft ales/beers here in the Northwest.

Living here in Oregon smack in the middle of the Willamtter Valley we have a TON of micro brews.  Growler places popping up all over the place.  Buddy at work quit his state job and started one growler place, opened a 2nd, and is working on a 3rd opening.  I don't do the IPA's either as I grew up around hops and the taste brings uo bad memories of playing basketball i hope storage buidling.  I will do the occasional Hefeweizen but generally keep it to Coors Light or the more preferred Vodka.  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Legends is made in Richmond, VA, you can get it all over central VA.  It seems to me we even see it in a few stores around northern VA too.  I just came back from the Pinehurst area, and the Southern Pines Brewing Co makes a Man of Law IPA that's very drinkable, and on tap all over town there.

I know. But the Yorktown Pub is the “only place to enjoy it”. Frosted mason jar mugs. The atmosphere is what I was getting at.

Shanks - I'm a big fan of the Yorktown Pub, but sitting out on the deck at Legend on a sunny day does not suck either.

That being said, my favorite brown is from a little place out in the western suburbs called Midnight Brewery. I'm a little biased; I worked with the owner for 11 years before he left IT for brewing.

http://midnight-brewery.com/our-beers-sample/

Hit them up after playing Hunting Hawk or (even better) Spring Creek.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

RVA is just ridiculous with microbreweries right now, and I am loving every minute of it. There are four breweries and a beer garden within a 10 minute walk from my office (one is actually in our building, across a breezeway, and guys from my office just brewed a beer with them).

http://www.malt.io/users/mbolling/recipes/open-container

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Living here in Oregon smack in the middle of the Willamtter Valley we have a TON of micro brews.  Growler places popping up all over the place.  Buddy at work quit his state job and started one growler place, opened a 2nd, and is working on a 3rd opening.  I don't do the IPA's either as I grew up around hops and the taste brings uo bad memories of playing basketball i hope storage buidling.  I will do the occasional Hefeweizen but generally keep it to Coors Light or the more preferred Vodka.  

There are a few micro brews around here, but not as many as there should be!  I am in the middle of Washington wine country, so LOTS of wineries.  The Willamette Valley has great micros and the best Pinot Noir wine; we have better Cabs and Chardonnays.  

A few years ago my wife and I played in a golf tournament on St Patrick's Day in Gearhart, OR just north of Seaside.  Oldest golf course west of the Mississippi River.  Check it out if you haven't been there.  The hotel and pub is a McMenamin's and I fell in love with their Irish Stout, but they only make it in March and 6 months from St. Patrick's Day.  One of my parent's neighbors has a grandson who is a master brewer for McMenamin's and he gave me a growler.  Looking forward to March!!

If you are into the lighter beers I would recommend session IPAs. Founder's All Day and 21st Amendment Down to Earth are good starter sessions and are readily available most places. They are light in ABV but have great flavor.

Archived