TESTERS WANTED! ×

Clubs Stolen. Time to Build My Dream Bag.

Sad weekend. I had to call my golf buddies and tell them I can't play on Sunday after church since my clubs were stolen out of the locked trunk of my car on Friday night.

If only 10-12% of golfers are left-handed, what percentage of golfers do you think happen to left-handed burglar golfers?

Back on topic, I've been told by my insurance agent that after I pay my $1,000 deductible I have the green light to replace my lefty set with new sticks. My old Ping woods, hybrids, Mizuno irons, Titleist wedges and Callaway putter are all not made any more so whatever I get will be new. Traditionally I was the guy who purchase a used wood every now and then when I found a deal, but now I'll be the guy going to get an entire set: driver, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, putter, bag, balls, towels, rangefinder, tees, rain gear, water ball retriever, etc at the same time with little regard to pricing. Sure I wasn't looking to spend $1000 on golf equipment this year (my wife isn't happy), but now I'm forced to.

I'll never replace my lucky ball marker, my Penny Hardaway 1 cent driver head cover or the bag tag from that golf course I worked at during college, but damn it I will have the prettiest setup you've ever seen to go with my 18 handicap game. Yes, I will be "that guy" who most judge by putting money into his equipment instead of lessons.

Help?!?! Other than going to get fitted, what would you recommend for someone in my situation? What is your "dream" bag setup of buying everything new?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Anyone seen a good recent post on something like this? Anyone walk in my shoes before and have any wisdom to share?

Sorry about the loss.  Was anything else taken?  It could be that they knew you were left handed, so your car was targeted.  If it was an old set, they might be disappointed.  Look up all the pawn shops in your area, and spend a day looking for them. Golf club sets are common in those shops. Go ahead and get a "dream bag" if you like, but keep looking for the old set as a backup.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Man what a bummer. I'd be steamed for sure. Come steal anything... just not my clubs. And on top of it all you have to cough up a grand before you play again. (another good reason to keep your old sticks) That's one expensive round of golf.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Sorry to hear man. Yes I've walked that path and it really does suck. You know the ass hat that did it doesn't play and is only looking for a quick turnaround to score their preferred drug to fix them for a few hours.

When it happened to me, I called all the pawn shops to check and started watching Craigslist like a hawk. I never did find them or the guy.

Good luck in your hunt and in time the sickening feeling will fade.

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Ugh that sucks I had that happen once!!! My only advice is don't believe the hype when building a new set!!! I fell into the hype machine going from Mizuno Blades that I absolutely loved to the Rocketbladez tour irons that I hated.... Clubs are super expensive don't want to make that mistake.

What's in the Bag:

Callaway Great Big Bertha

Nike SumoSq 13 degree 3wd

Nike VRS 2.0 Covert Tour 18 degree hybrid

Cobra Fly Z 22 degree hybrid

Taylormade RBladze 5i - PW

Titilest Volkey SM5 50 54 58 wedges

Betinnardi BB series putter

Sean - New Lenox,IL Play RH HDC 7

What's in the Bag:

Driver Callaway Great Big Bertha

Fairway Nike Vapor Fly

Hybrid Nike VR-S Covert 2 Tour

Irons/Wedges:Callaway Apex Pro 16

Volkey SM5 50/55/60 degree

Putter Benttinardi Studio B

Sorry to hear about the scumbags.

You've played Mizuno before, check out their JPX-EZ driver and fairways...great clubs.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Sorry for your loss MattF,

On a brighter note, you should be able to upgrade your clubs relatively inexpensive......as many websites discount Lefties substantially. However, i hope you can find some new SCORs...If not take a look at the Hogan wedges.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Sorry to hear about your loss!  Thieves make me angry!

This happened to one of my playing partners about 10 or 12 years ago while we were making the turn!  We pulled up to grab drinks and a snack, meanwhile someone pulled up in a car watched us go inside and grabbed his bag and dashed.  No cameras on that side of the clubhouse.  He had a full set of TM RAC LT irons, 320 driver etc...   it was bad enough they got his bag and clubs, but his car keys were also inside his bag along with his watch.  Luckily he had just taken his wallet out to buy drinks.

To add to the fire, he filed the claim on his homeowners insurance, paid the deductible and replaced the set.  Couple months later his homeowners cancelled his policy!

WITB:

G LS Tec 10.5 Kuro Kage TiNi 60x
G Stretch Kuro Kage TiNi 70x
07' Burner TP Tour Issue 18* Ozik 8M2
Anser 20* Attas 80Hy Prototype
iBlade 4-PW PX 6.0
Glide 50* SS and 58* ES zz65
Cameron Newport Select 35 inch "murdered out"
Ping 4 Series White

Sorry for your loss MattF,

On a brighter note, you should be able to upgrade your clubs relatively inexpensive......as many websites discount Lefties substantially. However, i hope you can find some new SCORs...If not take a look at the Hogan wedges.

Been on the bottle early Foz?  :lol:

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Been on the bottle early Foz?  :lol:

Yeah, just remembering that day when Rev, You & I were all playing SCORs.....I just checked......nothing out there.....:(

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Yeah, just remembering that day when Rev, You & I were all playing SCORs.....I just checked......nothing out there.....:(

Umm Matt didn't get robbed....

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Umm Matt didn't get robbed....

What he said^^

In the bag:

Bag: 

Hey MattF, what are you going to replace them with? Any ideas?

Hey MattF, what are you going to replace them with? Any ideas?

Foz, I didn't have my clubs stolen mate. mrchrishill, the original poster, did.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Sad weekend. I had to call my golf buddies and tell them I can't play on Sunday after church since my clubs were stolen out of the locked trunk of my car on Friday night.

If only 10-12% of golfers are left-handed, what percentage of golfers do you think happen to left-handed burglar golfers?

Back on topic, I've been told by my insurance agent that after I pay my $1,000 deductible I have the green light to replace my lefty set with new sticks. My old Ping woods, hybrids, Mizuno irons, Titleist wedges and Callaway putter are all not made any more so whatever I get will be new. Traditionally I was the guy who purchase a used wood every now and then when I found a deal, but now I'll be the guy going to get an entire set: driver, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, putter, bag, balls, towels, rangefinder, tees, rain gear, water ball retriever, etc at the same time with little regard to pricing. Sure I wasn't looking to spend $1000 on golf equipment this year (my wife isn't happy), but now I'm forced to.

I'll never replace my lucky ball marker, my Penny Hardaway 1 cent driver head cover or the bag tag from that golf course I worked at during college, but damn it I will have the prettiest setup you've ever seen to go with my 18 handicap game. Yes, I will be "that guy" who most judge by putting money into his equipment instead of lessons.

Help?!?! Other than going to get fitted, what would you recommend for someone in my situation? What is your "dream" bag setup of buying everything new?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Anyone seen a good recent post on something like this? Anyone walk in my shoes before and have any wisdom to share?

Sorry for your loss Chris.

About 7 years ago one of the instructors at my club said his clubs were stolen out of his car while in the club parking lot....He had not locked the doors.  So I traded him a set of Adams  A2OS  with Ping Driver and bag for a week's instruction for two of my Grandkids....I think he used the clubs for over a year.  My grandkids got a great week of golf camp out of it.

Nothing else taken except for some small electronics in my center console. They left my maui jim sunglasses even and all the change in my change tray?!? Interesting way to think about it to say my next round will cost me $1000 to play. OUCH! I have schedule a time to get fitted and I'l report back to what the trackman suggests is best for my very flawed golf game. 

Archived