Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The official NFL thread

Har in the Hat

I'm going to have a choice between keeping Ty Montgomery or Latravius Murray for next season.

I'm torn..... I could keep Murray for one more season and Montgomery for two.

Thoughts?

I've considered trying to trade Murray.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Murray was a 6th round pick. He played decent for us, but he isn't a feature back by any stretch. He could be a very good RB, but he can't shed a tackle to save his life. I'd trade him.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falcons vs Green Bay tonight.   Any cheese heads looking forward to this game?  This should be a hard fought battle between these two teams.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Photo of the year so far.  Not a Browns fan but this is OUTSTANDING!

browns.jpg

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

How about them cowb......o wait............

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I was watching "Inside the NFL" last night and there was a discussion regarding the enthusiasm, or lack of it, for the now LA Chargers.  The following attendances this week end were shown:

Chargers - 25,381

Rams - 56,612

Total - 81,993

USC vs Texas - 84,714

From an article I saw on the topic, even the LA Mayor Eric Garcetti (an admitted Rams fan) could not look overly enthusiastic about the Chargers.  Some of his quotes were:

"We embrace any team that comes, we're certainly happy to have the Chargers in LA.  But I think we could have been happy with just one (team), too."

"I said its great, and both the Raiders and the Chargers, it would have been nice if they could have stayed put where they are because Oakland and San Diego have huge fan bases, there's big tradition"

Like the Mayor, I just do not understand why the Chargers had to move to LA and the Raiders plan to move to Las Vegas.   I must think its a "follow the money" thing or some sort of stadium issue.    I can understand how the fans in Oakland and San Diego must feel.   It took my wife a long time to get over the loss of the Colts (she wouldn't even let me get an estimate from Mayflower when we were moving) and if the Ravens ever leave--God help me.

I was watching "Inside the NFL" last night and there was a discussion regarding the enthusiasm, or lack of it, for the now LA Chargers.  The following attendances this week end were shown:

Chargers - 25,381

Rams - 56,612

Total - 81,993

USC vs Texas - 84,714

From an article I saw on the topic, even the LA Mayor Eric Garcetti (an admitted Rams fan) could not look overly enthusiastic about the Chargers.  Some of his quotes were:

"We embrace any team that comes, we're certainly happy to have the Chargers in LA.  But I think we could have been happy with just one (team), too."

"I said its great, and both the Raiders and the Chargers, it would have been nice if they could have stayed put where they are because Oakland and San Diego have huge fan bases, there's big tradition"

Like the Mayor, I just do not understand why the Chargers had to move to LA and the Raiders plan to move to Las Vegas.   I must think its a "follow the money" thing or some sort of stadium issue.    I can understand how the fans in Oakland and San Diego must feel.   It took my wife a long time to get over the loss of the Colts (she wouldn't even let me get an estimate from Mayflower when we were moving) and if the Ravens ever leave--God help me.

The NFL blew this, they should have approved the Raiders to LA.  There are more Raider fans in SoCal than Charger, Ram fans combined.  

Raiders have to go somewhere, their stadium is a run down dump and The City was uncooperative.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Screw the NFL and their racist players who disrespect the country.

I was a fan for decades, now they lost me. Suspend Brady for the PSI of air in the football, and let this nonsense go on? It's a direct violation of the NFL rules, which clearly state that players must stand during the playing of the National Anthem.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

I was a fan for decades, now they lost me. Suspend Brady for the PSI of air in the football, and let this nonsense go on? It's a direct violation of the NFL rules, which clearly state that players must stand during the playing of the National Anthem.

I concur 1000%!  Unless folks have seen their platoon members put in a body bag they will never understand  the insult of people taking a knee to protest our anthem, flag, and veterans.  Gawd I get sick thinking about it. This is not a political forum so I suppose we need to close this discussion down... 

Cleveland

• 4 weeks later...

WOW!  This is cool... (email from NFL.com)

I was fortunate enough to go to the Super Bowl in Atlanta when I lived there and it was amazing.  Rams/Titans game and it ended with the Titans receiver reaching out for the endzone on the game winning TD but was a yard short...

We know that Super Bowl tickets are out of reach for most people. That is why throughout the rest of the season, we're going to surprise fans with tickets to the big game. In total, we're going to give away 500 tickets to Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis. 

Some of these tickets will be given to fans identified by our clubs as exemplifying the heart of their team spirit. Some will go to outstanding youth football coaches and community heroes. And others will recognize our most creative fans—at tailgates, in our stadiums and watching at home—who put on their face paint and jerseys, their Cheeseheads and Viking helmets, and support our teams through thick and thin.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

Actually there isn't a rule but a guideline that says they SHOULD stand but are not required to stand.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Well my fantasy football teams which looked studly for the first 4 weeks are crumbling. 

At least I managed to win a grand total of $7 in DK daily scoring yesterday lol. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Well my fantasy football teams which looked studly for the first 4 weeks are crumbling.

At least I managed to win a grand total of $7 in DK daily scoring yesterday lol.

I got matched up with non- players in both MGS leagues. Kind of disappointing but I guess I'll take the wins. Overall I'll probably be 3/4 this week but all of my teams are near .500

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I got matched up with non- players in both MGS leagues. Kind of disappointing but I guess I'll take the wins. Overall I'll probably be 3/4 this week but all of my teams are near .500

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

I'm prolly gonna go 2-1 this week. With my best team record wise, being my worst roster. All have winning records but are stumbling badly. I need the middle stretch to be kind to me haha

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Archived