Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The official NFL thread

Har in the Hat

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm rooting for the Falcons and.... wait.... I just threw up in my mouth a little........... the Patr*ots. Man, do I hate the Patr*ots!, but I just can't go to work tomorrow and listen to the insufferable Steelers fans if they win. :unsure:

Atta boy!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm really pumped for this game and I'm ready to watch the big birds fly high today !

falcons.giftailgaters-1.gif cheerleader-toss-2.gif

Cleveland

Just saying don't over look the Falcons ;) 

Cleveland

2 very poor games today. The NFL is hurting. 3 teams moving in less than 18 months and a poor product. I will always root for my Steelers but some of the games are just not good

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

These games were terrible. In fact most of the playoffs have been terrible with only two close games out of ten.

The Super Bowl should be onteresting at least.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

These games were terrible. In fact most of the playoffs have been terrible with only two close games out of ten.

The Super Bowl should be onteresting at least.

I thought the Falcons game was pretty good myself!

Cleveland

How about the games were terrible unless you were a fan of one of the teams. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

How about the games were terrible unless you were a fan of one of the teams. :)

That's more better lol

Cleveland

I do hope Matty Ice gets his ring.  Really hope they destroy that team from New England.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I do hope Matty Ice gets his ring.  Really hope they destroy that team from New England.

The Falcons are kind of like the Cubs were in baseball last year.  Heck the Falcons have only played in one Super Bowl in franchise history and lost that game so yea, the fans are a bit excited for another chance.

Cleveland

Falcons are nothing like the cubs. The Falcons fan base is one of the biggest bandwagon fan bases in the entire NFL and the Falcons have nowhere near the history of the Cubs. Falcons more closely resemble the Tampa Bay rays

Just saying the Falcons fans would be just as if not more excited for a Super Bowl win as the Cubbie fans were in the World Series.   Atlanta would absolutely go bonkers as it's been a lonnnnng dry spell (fifty years) which is no comparison to the Cubs however still quite significant for the locals.

Cleveland

Just saying the Falcons fans would be just as if not more excited for a Super Bowl win as the Cubbie fans were in the World Series.   Atlanta would absolutely go bonkers as it's been a lonnnnng dry spell (fifty years) which is no comparison to the Cubs however still quite significant for the locals.

I understand what you are saying, but I still could not disagree.  There is absolutely no comparison to Atlanta fans and chicago Cubs fans. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2014/06/10/emory-falcons-fans-among-the-worst.html

http://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7429623/the-city-atlanta-worst-sports-town-america

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8306-welcome-to-atlanta-the-worst-sports-city-in-the-world

http://thesportsquotient.com/south/2013/4/22/atlanta-has-the-worst-sports-fans

Got it however what these stats are not showing are the tons of fans who watch their team from the comforts of their couch.  Have you ever tried to drive around down town Atlanta? Most fans who live in the rural areas of Georgia would not dare think of sharing the roads with those nuts on the interstate circling the city. The stats don't show the conversations going on throughout the state and the excitement growing as the team makes the next ring on the playoff ladder.  Attendance stats do show non support in the arena however for those who hate the crowds, traffic, etc. those loyal fans will never be thought of.  Hell you should see the merchandise (Falcons caps, jerseys, etc. )  flying out of the local sporting goods stores.  Surely some of these folks must be fans or maybe not? :wacko: 

Cleveland

I'm not a Patriots fan, far from it actually.  But I have a tremendous amount of respect for what they have accomplished.  I also kinda enjoy seeing Brady and Belichick stick it to Goodell.

Over the past 20 seasons, New England has 7 Super Bowl appearances with 4 wins, 13 AFC Championship game appearances and 16 division titles including the last 9 consecutive. 

We may never see this kind of prolonged excellence again.  I can't stand them but damn!

I do hope Matty Ice gets his ring. Really hope they destroy that team from New England.

I am rooting for the Ice Man to acquire some jewelry as well. I've always really liked the guy. On the other hand, seeing Brady stick it to Goodell wouldn't be so bad either. It would also mean that I'd witnessed the undisputed best QB/Coach combo in the game's history from Brady's first game until his last championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

3 Wood: PingLogo1_zps9tkzkolg.gif G Series 15* Tour 75g; S-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Wedges: Vokey-Design-Wedges1_zpsf6xkz8xp.png 50* 54* 58* SM5, K Grind 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

Ok so the Falcons vs Patriots are on the menu so who are you betting on?    Sorry John but I have some good vibes that the Falcons will be taking your Patriots to the woodshed bro!

Anybody want to bet an avatar on this little wingding?

Winner gets to pick avatar change for two weeks! :D   How many opposing fans in this forum are up for a little challenge?

Cleveland

Ok so the Falcons vs Patriots are on the menu so who are you betting on?    Sorry John but I have some good vibes that the Falcons will be taking your Patriots to the woodshed bro!

Anybody want to bet an avatar on this little wingding?

Winner gets to pick avatar change for two weeks! :D   How many opposing fans in this forum are up for a little challenge?

I would if I was a pats fan or felt strongly about either team winning which I don't.

LOVE the idea though!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

The Super Bowl is about to happen!  No question I am rooting for the Falcons being a Georgia boy since 1950. More of a Georgia Bulldog fan however I still root for the Falcons and now there is something really special to cheer about.   Our professional team has only been to one big dance in it's franchise history.   Hopefully today they will make history and take their first super bowl trophy. 

My golf course (Lane Creek) closed the entire course one day as they were shooting a commercial for the Super Bowl.  Here it is and I suppose LC is now a celebrity... :D  It's a good looking course and always in great shape so some of you need to make ya way to Georgia and check us out!

There are two holes showing in the video.  The first take is showing #10 from above the tee boxes then you see the cart riding down the cart path to the bridge that crosses over Lane Creek.  The last part of the video where the cart crashes into the pond is actually hole # 4.   They used both holes to make one video so it's pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/j-wJgrK8A-s?list=PL4b0Xel2ZGnJTiM24eDKWn5_TSz_CuEZA

Cleveland

IMG_2544.JPG

I've been a Pats fan since 1968 - saw Jim Nance and Gino Cappelletti play at Fenway Park back In the day, and saw Jim Plunkett best Dan Pastorini and and Houston Oilers in their first season at old Schaefer Stadium in 1971.

I've lived through 1-13, 2-12, a couple of 2-14's and a 1-15. They weren't only bad, they were embarrassingly bad - not to mention a laughing stock (a great read - Jerry Thornton's "From Darkness to Dynasty" - it tells the whole story).

Loyal Pats fans are enjoying this run because we know it's like to be the Cleveland Browns. I have to remind my kids that it wasn't always like this - I watched them lose to Miami 52-0 in 1972 - and the game wasn't as close as the score would indicate.

I know I'm enjoying this run, and Tom Brady has brought more joy to my life than any living human not named David Ortiz. And win or lose tonite, I know I'm going to be thankful to have witnessed such an awesome run.

Go Pats! #DriveforFive

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm not a Patriots fan, far from it actually.  But I have a tremendous amount of respect for what they have accomplished.  I also kinda enjoy seeing Brady and Belichick stick it to Goodell.

Over the past 20 seasons, New England has 7 Super Bowl appearances with 4 wins, 13 AFC Championship game appearances and 16 division titles including the last 9 consecutive. 

We may never see this kind of prolonged excellence again.  I can't stand them but damn!

You gotta be a Patriots fan now after they helped you haul in 1000 bucks in MGS loot!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

attachicon.gifIMG_2544.JPG

I've been a Pats fan since 1968 - saw Jim Nance and Gino Cappelletti play at Fenway Park back In the day, and saw Jim Plunkett best Dan Pastorini and and Houston Oilers in their first season at old Schaefer Stadium in 1971.

I've lived through 1-13, 2-12, a couple of 2-14's and a 1-15. They weren't only bad, they were embarrassingly bad - not to mention a laughing stock (a great read - Jerry Thornton's "From Darkness to Dynasty" - it tells the whole story).

Loyal Pats fans are enjoying this run because we know it's like to be the Cleveland Browns. I have to remind my kids that it wasn't always like this - I watched them lose to Miami 52-0 in 1972 - and the game wasn't as close as the score would indicate.

I know I'm enjoying this run, and Tom Brady has brought more joy to my life than any living human not named David Ortiz. And win or lose tonite, I know I'm going to be thankful to have witnessed such an awesome run.

Go Pats! #DriveforFive

QUEUE THE DUCK BOATS !!!  It's time for (another) Parade Boston !!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Got to wonder what the best Pats SB win was... the Butler pick or the miracle comeback....or even the Vinatieri FG...  when the Pats go Superbowl-ing... they make it fun!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

• 2 weeks later...

Reach down through his pie hole and rip his tiny nuts out.... or something like that.

GO PATS!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to have a choice between keeping Ty Montgomery or Latravius Murray for next season.

I'm torn..... I could keep Murray for one more season and Montgomery for two.

Thoughts?

I've considered trying to trade Murray.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Unless that Vikings line gets fixed during the offseason I'd stay far away from Murray....GB let Lacey walk and don't seem to be in a big hurry to bring someone in...plus ARod is the QB. 👀

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Archived