TESTERS WANTED! ×

When to get fitted

Hey guys, just wondering when/if I should get fitted. I've now been golfing for about three and half years, and this year has been my biggest in making steps towards a better game. I started this season (late april-present) beginning on hitting a handicap of around 12-15. Currently playing some of my best golf right now I've been averaging a handicap of about 6 to 8. I feel like my swing and club control has gotten a lot better, but still seem to have some yips. I sometimes tend to think it might be affect due to unfitted clubs.

I also question if fitting would really changed with my body type. Im 5'8" and have a wingspan of 6'1.5".

RossCJohnson

If you've come down to single digits with OTR clubs... I can only wonder what perfectly fit clubs would do to your game. Go for it! You could be a + handicapper by now :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Um, now. What Kanoito said.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I played for many years with OTS clubs that were the wrong lie and length and reached a solid 10 hcap. Then I was fitted for a driver by a class A fitter and it changed my game! I eventually was fitted for a complete set, expensive, about $1200 then, but my game and enjoyment increased dramatically! I would however recommend getting fitted for your long game first, metal woods and hybrid. The short game requires touch not power so fitted clubs won't make a great diff.

FOUR! (tr99)

I know guys that want to wait until their swing is in top form before going in for a fitting.

I actually like getting fit when my swing is a little off because I like to see how the club handles my misses. I figure most clubs will treat me right when I'm hitting it well, so I'd rather focus on the other side of it. I was fit into my current driver when I was in a funk and it's been a great club regardless of how I'm playing.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

I know guys that want to wait until their swing is in top form before going in for a fitting.

I actually like getting fit when my swing is a little off because I like to see how the club handles my misses. I figure most clubs will treat me right when I'm hitting it well, so I'd rather focus on the other side of it. I was fit into my current driver when I was in a funk and it's been a great club regardless of how I'm playing.

Yup, I remember how you got fit into that driver and it was definitely performing the best when you were off. Definitely made the right call

never too early or too late....get fitted

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you have the time Jac at Greenich golf or Frank viola at ace of the clubs is a trip you will not regret.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Archived