Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

I received an email this morning from Michael Breed. He's hawking the iS1 training club. I skimmed over the info-email but this is how it works.

It's a 7i club with angled polymer pads on the toe and heel areas. The idea behind this training club is to get you to hit in the center of the club face. So, if you hit on the toe you hook it and on the heel you slice it. (just like I do now! LOL)

In a way it's kind of an interesting idea but not something I'd buy. I can already tell what's happening when I hit a shot. I know where I struck it within an instant. Additionally, and from time to time I've used impact stickers and foot powder on the club face. Much cheaper than a training club. The iS1 is $99 + SH and tax.

Just search for iS1 and you'll find what I'm talking about. I'll be interested to hear what you guys think.

(I would have provided a link and some photos but I can't do it in the browser for some reason.)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Saw a commercial for it this weekend.....probably a decent idea, but nothing you can't do with impact tape.....save the $$$ I say

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I never understood using a training aid that simply shows that you are doing something wrong without actually helping you correct the issue.

This really makes no sense on any level.  I guess maybe some people can't tell where on the face they are missing?

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this and returned it after taking it to the range once. I already know when I miss the sweet spot on my club. This gimmick doesn't take into account hittin the ball fat or thin. The sweet spot is in the middle of the club head. Ufortunately, the silicone pads simply can't handle a divot. I quickly realized that more than one use of this club would render it unreturnable. Spend the money on a good pro! Positively, they did take it back no questions asked. Though I am still waiting for thre refund.

Could have swore that I saw Martin Hall doing this on Golf Academy a couple weeks ago.  He took a regular club, used velcro and cut it to size and put a strip on the heel and one on the toe so that only the center of the club face was exposed.

It's not exactly the same as what Breed is hawking but thought it was an interesting idea.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I bought this and returned it after taking it to the range once. I already know when I miss the sweet spot on my club. This gimmick doesn't take into account hittin the ball fat or thin. The sweet spot is in the middle of the club head. Ufortunately, the silicone pads simply can't handle a divot. I quickly realized that more than one use of this club would render it unreturnable. Spend the money on a good pro! Positively, they did take it back no questions asked. Though I am still waiting for thre refund.

I thought this looked extremely gimmicky right off the bat. To hear you returned it right away proves it

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• 3 months later...

Other than being a club to hit at the range it's a 0 for training purposes!  I hit it with 1/2 the ball on the toe almost a perfect shot the red polymer didn't seem to effect the shot at all.  I've gone through approximately 100 range balls with this device other than beating it up on matts it's not much good!

• 1 month later...

Could have swore that I saw Martin Hall doing this on Golf Academy a couple weeks ago. He took a regular club, used velcro and cut it to size and put a strip on the heel and one on the toe so that only the center of the club face was exposed.

It's not exactly the same as what Breed is hawking but thought it was an interesting idea.

Agree, this is an easy DIY so you can test it out for yourself, vs spending the $$.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Archived