Sign in to follow this  
jlukes

Callaway Golf acquires Toulon Design Putters

Our Sponsors

Huge news.

http://www.golf.com/equipment/callaway-golf-acquires-toulon-design-putters

Callaway Golf announced today that it is acquiring Toulon Design, a company that produces premium, milled putters. The company's co-founder Sean Toulon has been in the golf industry for more than 30 years, most recently as executive VP of TaylorMade. Under the new agreement Toulon will assume duties of SVP, Callaway Golf, and GM, Odyssey.

By the sound of the deal, I wouldn't be surprised if Toulon Design becomes the premium line of putters.  All putters will remain Odyssey putters, but the premium line (milled) will have the TD name (maybe Odyssey by Toulon Design or something similar).

Huge news.

http://www.golf.com/equipment/callaway-golf-acquires-toulon-design-putters

By the sound of the deal, I wouldn't be surprised if Toulon Design becomes the premium line of putters.  All putters will remain Odyssey putters, but the premium line (milled) will have the TD name (maybe Odyssey by Toulon Design or something similar).

Damn you're fast!

yeah, shoulda checked here first. Well done 

yeah pretty surprising, but a couple thoughts I have.

• Sean's left TMAG just about 1 year ago exactly.  Maybe he had a non-compete with Callaway specifically being mentioned, and this is something he had planed all along?
  • Also is it a coincidence that Chris Koske just left Odyssey in the past couple weeks
  • I know Sean Toulon had said just a month or so ago the response to their putters had been so great, he wished they had the capability to produce them faster.   Maybe this will help in that regard.  

They could all be related or all could be complete coincidence.  But i did find the timing interesting, barely 7 months after he launched Toulon Design.  

yeah pretty surprising, but a couple thoughts I have.

• Sean's left TMAG just about 1 year ago exactly.  Maybe he had a non-compete with Callaway specifically being mentioned, and this is something he had planed all along?
  • Also is it a coincidence that Chris Koske just left Odyssey in the past couple weeks
  • I know Sean Toulon had said just a month or so ago the response to their putters had been so great, he wished they had the capability to produce them faster.   Maybe this will help in that regard.  

They could all be related or all could be complete coincidence.  But i did find the timing interesting, barely 7 months after he launched Toulon Design.  

I wouldn't be surprised if all three thoughts were connected 

• Like 1

Interesting, and here I was about to buy a Rochester. Wonder if the prices will go down now

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Those rochesters are sooooo sweet.

• Like 1

I'm just saying "James Patrick".

Wasn't there a rumor going around that Odyssey was working with David Mills as well?

Toulon is David Mills boss. Not certain about the latest news as things change quickly but David was supposed to come out with a high end (tour) line a made by David Mills for them and filter the high end line of putters back to the public.

Toulon is David Mills boss. Not certain about the latest news as things change quickly but David was supposed to come out with a high end (tour) line a made by David Mills for them and filter the high end line of putters back to the public.

Come again? David is no longer on his own?

Toulon putters are getting sweeter but the minute.

Sent from my Note 7 using the MyGolfSpy app

I'm just saying "James Patrick".

That wouldn't shock me.

Now I know why Chris Koske left Odyssey for Super Stroke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good to me! Love the look and Callaway's financing behind them.

Was disappointed when I saw this. I liked what Toulon was doing as a "boutique" brand and the family business. Im hoping they can keep the branding separate

• Like 1