TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Cameron & Crown Putters -- 33" ONLY!

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

446605.jpg

Hot off the inbox...

New line of putters coming out from Mr. Cameron aimed at only the 33" player. That's right, only at 33".

They've had 33" models before, but the difference here is that these are made for that length, not just a lighter, cut down longer putter.

I see it as a narrow, but interesting angle to pursue in the putter market. These will likely appeal to women golfers, but they are not being marketed as such.

Anyway, read the blurb below and let us know your take on these.

446607.jpg

----------

Titleist Introduces New Cameron & Crown Putters by Scotty Cameron 

Custom Designed Models Deliver Tour-Proven Performance for Players Whose Setup Demands a 33-inch Putter 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhh17By1kY

FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Aug. 30, 2016) – The new line of Cameron & Crown putters by Scotty Cameron offers four of Scotty's most-trusted models precisely crafted at 33 inches and specifically weighted for players whose setup demands a shorter putter. 

Available in U.S. golf shops beginning Sept. 23, Cameron & Crown putters deliver the craftsmanship, quality and tour-proven performance that have made Scotty Cameron putters the choice of many of the world's best players for more than two decades: 

• Each Cameron & Crown putter is custom designed at 33 inches and matched with properly weighted heads and new smaller diameter white Matador grips. This configuration ensures correct swing weight, providing optimal feel and balance throughout the putting stroke. 

• From modern blade to high-MOI mallet, Cameron & Crown models are available in four of Scotty's most popular head shapes – Select Newport 2, Select Newport M2 MalletGOLO 5 and Futura X5R â€“ to satisfy the variety of strokes, styles and preferences of players at every level of the game. 

• Multi-material technology â€“ utilizing 303 stainless steel and 6061 aircraft grade aluminum for face inlays, face-sole components and flange constructions – is performance-matched to each putter style to provide ideal forgiveness and feel. 

• A raw stainless steel finish with a unique Silver Mist treatment creates a radiant yet glare resistant appearance. New Cameron & Crown graphics blend Scotty's familiar three milled dots with an elegant white, gold, silver and black color scheme. 

“Each year, I've received increasingly more requests – from men, women and juniors – for 33-inch putters,” said Titleist Master Putter Maker Scotty Cameron. “We wanted to call special attention to the importance of weight and length and create a unique offering for those players whose setup dictates a 33-inch putter.” 

“When we pioneered the adjustable sole weight system, it became possible to match the putter head weight relative to the length for a balanced stroke,” Cameron said. “Cameron & Crown models are purpose-built 33-inch designs, not manipulated 35-inch putters, with two 20-gram weights to ensure the swing weight and feel of these putters are consistent with their longer counterparts. We then developed a smaller Matador grip to match that performance and feel. These are crucial details when it comes to making a confident stroke.” 

MODEL OVERVIEW: 

Cameron & Crown Newport 2: Legendary low-slung modern heel-and-toe weighted blade with a plumbing neck, longer angular lines, 303 stainless steel head and face inlay with a flange sight line. The iconic putter model for countless professional tour wins. (Available in both RH and LH configurations.) 

Cameron & Crown Newport M2 Mallet: Rectangular, boxy 303 stainless steel mid-mallet head with 6061 aircraft aluminum face-sole technology, flowing single-bend shaft, and pop-through flange alignment system. 

Cameron & Crown GOLO 5: Angled back 303 stainless steel multi-material mallet with a crisp single bend shaft, pop-through 6061 aircraft aluminum sole plate with horizontal and vertical alignment aids. 

Cameron & Crown Futura X5R: Modern, rounded 303 stainless steel wingback multi-material mallet with high MOI for stability and forgiveness, and enhanced aluminum sole-flange for alignment. 

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: Cameron & Crown putters are available beginning Sept. 23 through Titleist authorized golf shops in the U.S. and Canada (Rest of world, Oct. 21) at $379 MAP ($410 MSRP). 

443054.jpg

443055.jpg

446606.png

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Whoa! I'm not really a Scotty fan but the Newport M2 looks great and is something that I would seriously consider. I usually go with a 34" but grip it pretty low so I would certainly look at a 33".

That said... I do know better and should probably just invest in a putter fitting

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I got the email today as well.....Super Sweet.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Will have one of these ordered as soon as I can.  I generally order a 33" putter and extend it to 34.5" when I buy a Scotty.  Was thinking that I would only be in for one more this year when I am at Disney, but looks like it will now be two more this year.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Never been a huge Scotty fan but these look sick! May take the plunge for one of these bad boys

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Looks to be just a marketing gimmick to me. What's the difference ordering a 33 inch putter from them directly and these?

Sent from my SM-G920P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The impression I get is these heads are weighted to fit a 33" putter to retain the same balance in the swing.   I could be wrong but that's the impression I get. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The impression I get is these heads are weighted to fit a 33" putter to retain the same balance in the swing.   I could be wrong but that's the impression I get. 

Seems like they could have customized the weights in the sole to get the same effect.  Somebody tell us that @ChiHuskyfan is wrong.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Seems like they could have customized the weights in the sole to get the same effect. Somebody tell us that @ChiHuskyfan is wrong.

If these putters are different than custom ordering a 33 inch Select, I'd be happy to try them out. These putters have the 20g inserts on the soles of these as well.

I see no difference from this and any other SC 33", (they already come with 20g weights), aside from a smaller grip, crown text,and white paint. Like the headcovers though.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

• SPY VIP

Looks to be just a marketing gimmick to me. What's the difference ordering a 33 inch putter from them directly and these?

“When we pioneered the adjustable sole weight system, it became possible to match the putter head weight relative to the length for a balanced stroke,” Cameron said. “Cameron & Crown models are purpose-built 33-inch designs, not manipulated 35-inch putters, with two 20-gram weights to ensure the swing weight and feel of these putters are consistent with their longer counterparts. We then developed a smaller Matador grip to match that performance and feel. These are crucial details when it comes to making a confident stroke.”

Sounds like different head design. Not a heavier version of the longer version head.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Sounds like different head design. Not a heavier version of the longer version head.

Smaller head shape maybe? I am intrigued again.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Very sharp and clean looking

Sent from my Note 7 using the MyGolfSpy app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 2 weeks later...

I just used up my pro shop gift cards from last Christmas.......I bought a new 43" Kombi S and had it cut to 33" with the new Golf Pride putter grip. The weights are 15 gram. Does anybody know what the head weight is?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I just used up my pro shop gift cards from last Christmas.......I bought a new 43" Kombi S and had it cut to 33" with the new Golf Pride putter grip. The weights are 15 gram. Does anybody know what the head weight is?

I think it's about 400 grams.  Most belly putters have similar head weights; I have a Cleveland Classic belly putter and the head weight is 400 grams.  I've been meaning to cut it down to 32" and add 100 grams back weight.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

Have not added any weight in the grip yet. Played four rounds and I like the feel as is.

Archived