TESTERS WANTED! ×

New driver ideas?

Currently play Adams 9015d 9.5* Graffalloy prolite 3.5 stiff

I hit a lower to mid flight with a fade as a standard drive. I'm looking to upgrade driver and or shaft

Need helpppp!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Nike vapor is what I play and I love it

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Nike vapor is what I play and I love it

And they're being sold for US$150 online due to Nike's recent departure from golf club manufacturing. 

I'd also suggest the Titliest 915D which will be discounted soon due to it's replacement (917 - imaginative name I know) coming out soon.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

Aha very imaginative, couldn't have guessed it myself

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

I was looking at the fly z+ but I kinda prefer the smaller shaped heads

I used to game a Callaway X HOT Pro. It was an absolute weapon, used to average about 290yd off the tee with low spin. Any of the XR/X2 pro range would produce similar numbers so worth a look.

The XR16 Pro and X Hot Pro both have 440cc heads, so if you're looking for a smaller head give them a try.

I used to have a callaway xhot pro 9.5 with an Aerotech driver shaft X flex and I loved it. then I had an all Adams bag and got rid of it and I regret it a lot!! Now I'm trying for an all Mizuno bag again

The 917 is already out. I finally replaced my gamer after 51 tries this year. TaylorMade M1 430 was the one to finally dethrone the champ.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I used to have a callaway xhot pro 9.5 with an Aerotech driver shaft X flex and I loved it. then I had an all Adams bag and got rid of it and I regret it a lot!! Now I'm trying for an all Mizuno bag again

I feel your pain! I'm going to be trying out the Nike Vapor Fly Pro in stiff/tour stiff shafts - tried it with a regular shaft (my swing speed is 108-111mph) and it was a rocket launcher!

Yeah everywhere around my area is getting sold out of the Nike sticks since they are out of business

start with the list as mentioned by PlaidJacket. You can also get brand new Cobra F6+ with upgraded shaft for ~$200 these days as well. 

I have a 20% off bombtech driver code if you wanna "pull the pin"

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Dont waste your money on the bombtech unles you want the all chinese product Sully claims is made in america... no wait, assembled in america... no, not that either. He finally come clean theyre not made or assembled here any more. The shaft ... let's not even start on that.... Its awful on offcenter hits as well. And if you buy it head onky (which they sell), but theres no warranty. They only honor full club purchases. The shaft is a noodle.It also spins like a top...

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Dont waste your money on the bombtech unles you want the all chinese product Sully claims is made in america... no wait, assembled in america... no, not that either. He finally come clean theyre not made or assembled here any more. The shaft ... let's not even start on that.... Its awful on offcenter hits as well. And if you buy it head onky (which they sell), but theres no warranty. They only honor full club purchases. The shaft is a noodle.It also spins like a top...

I purchased the 4 hybrid from Bombtech ($69 less 15%)......got to use it today and hit it 4 times.....all four hits were straight, with a nice launch and felt good when struck. Not sure where they are made or assembled but I will take it with me to Hilton Head for additional trials.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I've been somewhat interested in bomb tech but same time I'm a bit skeptical. I believe that when they first came out they built a good product but now that they have dabbled into other clubs the quality has dipped. The 72 wedge is a gimmick which I believe has transpired into the driver as well unfortunately

They say a lot of stuff that's untrue. I'll leave it at that. The original selling point was made in the USA. Then it became assembled in the USA. Then none of that. Their warranty program is a joke how they handle it. You can buy the head only but as soon as you or any builder, certified or not, installs a shaft in it, the warranty is gone because they "don't know the quality of the build". When pressed I asked what certifications Silly has and he has none. So his work is fine as a non-certified builder but if someone certified builds it it's not... Ooooookay.

Next point, Silly says the shaft does not matter (right about the time they got blew up for not using Matrix shafts when they said they were). He says that their wet noodle will work as well as a properly fitted shaft for anyone.... Ooooookay.

He loves berating people questioning the product. He also enjoys trying to be abrasive when, in his position, he should say nothing. The 50-100 yard gains his sheeple, I mean customers, claim he backs up or says stuff like it's easily possible.... No, it's not. When the swing speed is 97 and folks are claiming 320+... Yeah... He can barely crack 3 bills. And he used to do LD... Allegedly.

The last thing? He said Rick Shiels is unqualified to review his driver and that it wasn't a fair review when he put it head to head. Then he talked crap about Rick and finished up by saying "we should've sent him ladies flex". First of all, you refused to send him anything. He got one and reviewed it. It reviewed well on center face contact. His only complaint, and one any golfer worth a damned has also said is it's not very good on off center strikes. The average golf company takes that constructive criticism and improves their product or knows what to improve. Silly instead chooses to blast the reviewer, one of the most qualified and best out there.

That company is a joke. Warrior Golf 2.0

In The Bag

As good as it gets with a properly fitted, premium shaft!  (I put a Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s shaft in mine).

Long, straight, forgiving, good-looking and solid feeling!   I find it to be the a perfect 'blend' of ALL those performance attributes!  No need to 'loft up' with this one either, I suggest you go with the 9.5* loft.  Last, but not least, I think you'll even like the price!.. :rolleyes:

Think of it as the 'M2' of the SLDR Family!  You could spend a lot more but would likely get less in solid all-around performance!

sldr-cCrown3.jpg

SLDR-C Driver.jpg

kusala.jpg

SLDR-C clubface.jpg

$_57.JPG

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

Oh god... He's on here talking about this club too... I'm out

In The Bag

I think he's in love with it!

It's been a week. We were due

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Personally, I'd go for a Callaway XR (2015) - big forgiving driver that looks pretty good behind the ball. A mate of mine swears by his - the first time he took it out on the course, he hit it 285yd straight down the middle of the 1st hole. Considering that they're last year's model, they'd be cheaper than the XR16 - definitely worth a look.

PS: Don't go for the SLDR-C, you'll get pulled into the mad delusions of Bobcat!!

Mad delusions over a 2015 Taylormade Driver?  And of course this comes from a  acknowledged Callaway Driver lover...Well surprise, surprise! ... :P .. he hasn't a clue!

Obviously all people would need do is hit it, (ideally with a properly fitted shaft), and learn the truth for themselves as with any other driver!  I think it is already quite well-established that Taylormade builds Drivers that perform well, and this particular 2015 model is as good as it gets with a fitted premium shaft.  Long, straight, and very forgiving.  The forgiveness factor was lacking in the original SLDR heads, so in 2015 TM redesigned the clubhead to add the missing forgiveness!

The guy above apparently thinks there is a direct relationship between price and performance which is pure nonsense, but he can't stand the thought of someone buying a driver that would outperform his, while spending less for it, so maybe a bit of jealousy is at play here too because the SLDR-C is definitely a price/performer!... :rolleyes:

His kind of thinking truly is 'delusional'.. :lol:

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

• SPY VIP

Get fit. Get fit. Get fit.

I'd take nearly any driver from TM, Callaway, Ping, Titleist, Cobra in the last 3-5 years custom fit and built for me by a professional....

That's really your best chance at maximizing performance. 

And yes, stay the hell away from Bomb(no)tech. 

Mad delusions over a 2015 Taylormade Driver?  And of course this comes from a  acknowledged Callaway Driver lover...Well surprise, surprise! ... :P .. he hasn't a clue!

Obviously all people would need do is hit it, (ideally with a properly fitted shaft), and learn the truth for themselves as with any other driver!  I think it is already quite well-established that Taylormade builds Drivers that perform well, and this particular 2015 model is as good as it gets with a fitted premium shaft.  Long, straight, and very forgiving.  (the forgiveness factor was lackng in the original SLDR heads). 

The guy above apparently thinks there is a direct relationship between price and performance which is pure nonsense, but he can't stand the thought of someone buying a driver that would outperform his, while spending less for it, so maybe a bit of jealousy is at play here too!.. :rolleyes:

That kind of thinking truly is 'delusional'.. :lol:

I'm not having a go at Taylormade - I love the M2 fairway wood, and the R15 is one of the best drivers I've ever tried (430cc head with Tour Stiff shaft please!!) - just the SLDR-C. I never liked the normal SLDR driver - it looked like a brick, and felt like one too. Sorry if I offended anyone, but that's what I remember from when I tried it out on the range. My current driver was only 5m (~4yd) shorter on average, but a lot more forgiving and accurate (and AUD$30 cheaper), so I bought that instead.

Whilst there was a time where I had a massive fangirl response to the latest Callaway products (particularly drivers), I'm not so sure about their current range (ignoring the DBD and XR16 SubZero). The Big Bertha Fusion is a bit too stylish for style's sake - I'd prefer a Titliest 917 or Cobra King LTD. 

The sldr C is completely different than the sldr. Designed for forgiveness. Unfortunately any actual information about the driver is top secret and only select people are known to actually be aware of the driver

So consider yourself one of the lucky ones!... :)

How about - and it has been mentioned before - stop listening to conjecture and getting yourself fitted?

When you think about it, what is the actual worst that can happen?

Nobody is going to judge you, ask you to strip naked, or laugh at your swing. Nobody but yourself and (hopefully) your fitter will have any clue about what is right for your game.

And by being fitted, I don't mean walking into a store and hitting balls into a net with random shafts until you like the feel of one.

Stop wasting your own time (and internet troll time) and empower yourself into making the correct decision when it comes to choosing the right equipment for your game.

Mizuno jpx ez driver is pretty good, we did reviews on it here, just be weary of the sound though. For me, it gave another 10 to 15 yards in distance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Archived