TESTERS WANTED! ×

Stamp clubs

How to stamp golf clubs!!??? I want to custom stamp irons and wedges?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

I tried it out last winter. Got a stamping kit on Amazon for $20. 1/8in I think were the size.

Lay the face of the club on a flat surface then put masking tape across where you want to stamp. I tried it on some old vokey wedges and found some difficulty.

The hardest part is to make sure the stamp doesn't slide on your second/third/forth strike.

I didn't have a vice and I'm sure that would help. Also didn't get the stamps deep enough to really color so I could make them pop on my wedge.

Okay yeah that sounds like a good idea with the tape, and I can imagine it being difficult. I'm doing it on Mizuno clubs which are softer then titliests

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

Try 2 sided tape - it will help keep the letter punch in the same place.

Also, be careful not to hit the stamps too hard.

I've seen a couple examples oc stamped clubs where the face of the club had been pimpled slightly by hitting stamps on the back of the club too hard

Okay yeah I will give it a try soon and put up picks of hopefully success

I would rather not mess up on new wedges for the first time stamping

Dont skimp on cheap stamps. Spend the money for a quality set if youre going to do it. I recommend either Durable Mecco, Young Bros, or CH Hansen Rhino series. The rest are just junk. And keep the backs where you hit with a hammer ground flat. If they mushroom or round, grind the flat again. Itll keep the hammer from skipping, and itll allow even pressure from your strikes. I actually have a stamp holder where i can hit them as hard as i want without worrying about smashing a finger. A 3-4 lb mini sledge is the hammer you want. I use an anvil, but the anvil portion of a vice will work fine. Apply doubke sided tape to the face of the wedge and stick it fo the vice/anvil so it wont slide around on you. Then use double sided tape to keep the stamp from sliding around or jumping to the side and causing you to double stamp it. 3-4 hard blows with the mini sledge and youre done.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

What is the stamp holder. I bought a stamp set just haven't had time to try stamping

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

The stamp set that I bought is 3mm or 1/8"

RookieBlue7 outlined almost everything that I do, I have stamped the last four sets of clubs that I have played along with wedges for some of my friends.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Your clubs always looked professionally stamped

Lots of practice. Glad to see you on this site.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

• 2 months later...

I have been doing my own stamping for a while. I actually use a set of stamps from Harbor Freight. They have served me well. I use a 3 lb hammer and an anvil (old piece of railroad track). I have found that the most important factor to getting a good stamp is having the club on a very solid base like my anvil. Definitely not wood. I use two layers of masking tape on the club and one on the anvil. Whatever you do make sure the stamp is placed flat on the club and only make one firm hit with the hammer (about like you would if you were driving a nail in wood). I have had a few double stamps due to double hits so I've stopped doing that and only use one firm hit. I would advise that your practice on some scrap metal or old club first and don't try to stamp anything that has a shiny chrome finish.

Here are a few I did myself.

The dots on the putter look too big due to a mishap with my center punch breaking while trying to make dots between the J and D

IMG_0178.JPGIMG_0177.JPGIMG_0179.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must say DB, that is a very clean looking stamp job.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived