Sign in to follow this  
Mizuno2

Stamp clubs

Our Sponsors

How to stamp golf clubs!!??? I want to custom stamp irons and wedges?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

I tried it out last winter. Got a stamping kit on Amazon for $20. 1/8in I think were the size.

Lay the face of the club on a flat surface then put masking tape across where you want to stamp. I tried it on some old vokey wedges and found some difficulty.

The hardest part is to make sure the stamp doesn't slide on your second/third/forth strike.

I didn't have a vice and I'm sure that would help. Also didn't get the stamps deep enough to really color so I could make them pop on my wedge.

Okay yeah that sounds like a good idea with the tape, and I can imagine it being difficult. I'm doing it on Mizuno clubs which are softer then titliests

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

Try 2 sided tape - it will help keep the letter punch in the same place.

Also, be careful not to hit the stamps too hard.

I've seen a couple examples oc stamped clubs where the face of the club had been pimpled slightly by hitting stamps on the back of the club too hard

Okay yeah I will give it a try soon and put up picks of hopefully success

Masking tape works well. Be sure to put the club on a firm hard surface such as the anvil section of a vice and put tape between the club and the surface. Also tape on area to be marked. Use several firm yet controlled blows. The best advice is to practice on an old club first.

I would rather not mess up on new wedges for the first time stamping

Dont skimp on cheap stamps. Spend the money for a quality set if youre going to do it. I recommend either Durable Mecco, Young Bros, or CH Hansen Rhino series. The rest are just junk. And keep the backs where you hit with a hammer ground flat. If they mushroom or round, grind the flat again. Itll keep the hammer from skipping, and itll allow even pressure from your strikes. I actually have a stamp holder where i can hit them as hard as i want without worrying about smashing a finger. A 3-4 lb mini sledge is the hammer you want. I use an anvil, but the anvil portion of a vice will work fine. Apply doubke sided tape to the face of the wedge and stick it fo the vice/anvil so it wont slide around on you. Then use double sided tape to keep the stamp from sliding around or jumping to the side and causing you to double stamp it. 3-4 hard blows with the mini sledge and youre done.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

What is the stamp holder. I bought a stamp set just haven't had time to try stamping

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

The stamp set that I bought is 3mm or 1/8"

RookieBlue7 outlined almost everything that I do, I have stamped the last four sets of clubs that I have played along with wedges for some of my friends.

• Like 1

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

RookieBlue7 outlined almost everything that I do, I have stamped the last four sets of clubs that I have played along with wedges for some of my friends.

Your clubs always looked professionally stamped
  • Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* LST VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

Your clubs always looked professionally stamped

Lots of practice. Glad to see you on this site.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

I have been doing my own stamping for a while. I actually use a set of stamps from Harbor Freight. They have served me well. I use a 3 lb hammer and an anvil (old piece of railroad track). I have found that the most important factor to getting a good stamp is having the club on a very solid base like my anvil. Definitely not wood. I use two layers of masking tape on the club and one on the anvil. Whatever you do make sure the stamp is placed flat on the club and only make one firm hit with the hammer (about like you would if you were driving a nail in wood). I have had a few double stamps due to double hits so I've stopped doing that and only use one firm hit. I would advise that your practice on some scrap metal or old club first and don't try to stamp anything that has a shiny chrome finish.

Here are a few I did myself.

The dots on the putter look too big due to a mishap with my center punch breaking while trying to make dots between the J and D

IMG_0178.JPGIMG_0177.JPGIMG_0179.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here is an updated pic of the Vokey above. I added a little patriotic touch. Love this club. Too bad it sits in the spare bag now. IMG_0233.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Really nice stamping DB. I will try and get pics of my practice wedges on here that I stamped. Disappointed in the results and couldn't pull the trigger to use my game wedges

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I must say DB, that is a very clean looking stamp job.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).