Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Idea for long iron

I currently play 3-9 iron in Mizuno T zoid pro with s300 with sensis in them. I was thinking of getting a driving iron or putting a graphite shaft in my 3 iron. Please any help!!??

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

Personally I am a big fan of older 2 irons. On most of my set ups I use a soft tipped steel shaft. My Hogan 2 iron 

( read real Hogan 2 iron 1999 vintage) I use a stock S-300 which has not been tipped butt cut only to length which is 40 inches. My Macgregor 2 iron and 1 iron I use S-300 High launch shafts set up the same way. On the Macs I used about 6 grams of lead tape on the back down low to get the tip to kick some to get the ball up. The Hogan did not need any tape to kick. Personally I can not get any feel with graphite in irons so that is why I do not use them. if you can get a shaft to match your needs and swing then a graphite may work for you. I would try it with your Zoid 3 iron maybe bending it strong no more than 2* strong. Look around at thrift stores in your area 2 irons are cheap and I would think you could hit any blade 2 iron since you seem to hit the Zoids good

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Yeah that's a good idea, I love the t zoids I love the feel of Mizuno irons. I think I'm going to try and find a t iron and play around with steel as you said or find a graphite shaft that fits my swing

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

What brought on the idea of the driving iron or graphite for the 3? Are you not hitting the 3 as well as you'd like or want extra distance?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I just want a go to club off the tee that's a little longer then 3 iron since driver is inconsistent. I hit the 3 iron well. I'm also one to tinker with equipment. I've had many sets of irons but I keep going back to those and my driver this has been the one that has been in the bag the longest. It's older model but it's a good driver when I'm on. I used to have an xhot pro 9.5 with a aerotech steel fiber driver shaft x flex that I loved but then I decided to try this older Adams. I like to tinker aha

Archived