TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Worked on my full swing last night after doing 3 wood testing for MGS. I have been struggling with my swing the last few weeks and when I was warming up I noticed that my path is alway in to our even when I am trying to hit a fade. After testing I tried again and really struggled to start the ball on the left side of the target line even with an open stance. I am doing something in my swing that always has the club coming from the inside. Really had to make some tweaks to hit a fade. Seem like my right arm is getting trapped behind me and I am always coming for the inside. Need to figure out how to create space and get my elbow mire in front. Think I am going to go to the range and just work on hitting a big slice that starts left if target.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yeah, isn't that it all too often? One thing is on while the other parts are (waaay) too off.....

Like every round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

915 Titleist D2 Driver

915 Titleist 3w

Cleveland CG2 Irons 2-PW

Cleveland RTX Wedges 50, 56, 60

Nike Method Putter

Balls - Nike RZN black

Today I played Tiger Wood's old Navy course, just the nine holes (full 18 next week).

I wanted today to work on my patience and mental game.

I had a breakthrough finding. I'm way too impatient and have a busy mind.

No more golf by myself. I found me thinking of so many little things trying to figure out the big picture that I was just inconsistent and couldn't get a rhythm.

Bottom line is I need to enjoy the game and not press to be great. Improvements will come.

915 Titleist D2 Driver

915 Titleist 3w

Cleveland CG2 Irons 2-PW

Nike Method Putter

Balls - Nike RZN black

Tournament at my course today, so I spent it practicing my short game; pitches from 20-30 yards, chips from rough and tight lies, and putting.  I'm working on keeping my putter square through the strike using right hand only.  If I do that for awhile then put both hands on the putter, I make more putts.

Beautiful day to stay in the shade; only got up to 95* but with 10% humidity, the sun sucks the moisture right out of your body so fast I can hear it leaving my pores.   B)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Day of practice. I have a game at my brother home course tomorrow. So this morning before work I went to work on putting just my routine 2-6 footer.

Then just now before I went to pick up my daughter from school I went to work on short game at the chipping green for a bit. Then hit a bucket to fine tune my contact. There a guy next to me hitting irons, he's a decent hitter as you can hear it. It was an awesome sound. So I started on my warmup routine.

Then it's on. I started with my 9i hitting some nice penetrating shots after shots trying to make solid contact. It's almost like we are alternating the shot so we could hear the impact sound it made. Then I switched to 7i after about 20 shots, we both starting on the wedge.

I like the competition thing we had going it was really motivating.

Had another lesson today and worked on the driver. I unfortunately didnt get the first 15 (average 240 carry) or so swings or last 10 (average 280 carry), but these middle ones were us working on a few setup tweaks. This included closing down my hips and shoulders a little and making sure to keep a little weight on my left foot and not letting it flare out or up as I tend to do. Not swinging hard. Just nice and smooth.

We didn't do anything with the swing itself yet. The setup tweaks helped getting me to a point where I'm hitting up on the ball about 1.5 degrees and swinging a tad more to the right instead of my initial -2.0 degree and swing to the left.

I can say that the difference of where I was striking the ball on the clubface, the feel, and results were incredibly different. Gaining 40 yards of carry is tremendous. Lots to go to make it where I want to be, but it's a great start.

Kicking myself for not getting pictures of the rest of those numbers, before and after. 1d12859bedcfd85301c94aee84f62ca6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Had another lesson today and worked on the driver. I unfortunately didnt get the first 15 (average 240 carry) or so swings or last 10 (average 280 carry), but these middle ones were us working on a few setup tweaks. This included closing down my hips and shoulders a little and making sure to keep a little weight on my left foot and not letting it flare out or up as I tend to do. Not swinging hard. Just nice and smooth.

We didn't do anything with the swing itself yet. The setup tweaks helped getting me to a point where I'm hitting up on the ball about 1.5 degrees and swinging a tad more to the right instead of my initial -2.0 degree and swing to the left.

I can say that the difference of where I was striking the ball on the clubface, the feel, and results were incredibly different. Gaining 40 yards of carry is tremendous. Lots to go to make it where I want to be, but it's a great start.

Kicking myself for not getting pictures of the rest of those numbers, before and after. 1d12859bedcfd85301c94aee84f62ca6.jpg

That's a pretty consistent smash factor, were you fit into your driver?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

That's a pretty consistent smash factor, were you fit into your driver?

I was a few years ago yes. I was swinging better back then. It wasn't so good on my first few swings before making some tweaks today, but then I started hitting it pretty flush...with some bad swings thrown in there.

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I played a practice round for our upcoming City Championship.

Spent most of the round picking different clubs and starting lines of tees, identified widest landing areas and best angles to attack greens, mapped out greens and areas to avoid being "short sided" to suspected pin positions

IMG_4258.JPG

Hit the range on my lunch break to capture some swing footage. New "tripod" performed nicely. Will try to clean up and post footage tonight/tomorrow on Hudl and the swing video thread.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

attachicon.gifIMG_4177.JPG

Hit my whole shag bag from between 50-75y. Most were at 75y. Used all 3 wedges and hit a variety of flights each. Direction control was pretty decent but I had a hard time getting the distance right. About 3/4 of the balls are long.

This thread is a good idea to help document practice. Maybe I'll be able to upload one with a blanket-sized cluster one of these days.

Went today with my 56* on lunch. Had a little bit better distance control but worse direction. Felt much better from 75y than 50y so I guess I need to spend a whole shag bag between 30 and 50 next time.

Man it was hot though. Worked up a huge sweat and will probably be stinking up the cubes around me when I get back to work.

IMG_4332.JPG

Went today with my 56* on lunch. Had a little bit better distance control but worse direction. Felt much better from 75y than 50y so I guess I need to spend a whole shag bag between 30 and 50 next time.

Man it was hot though. Worked up a huge sweat and will probably be stinking up the cubes around me when I get back to work.

attachicon.gifIMG_4332.JPG

You are that close to a course for a lunchtime practice???!!!

- Alan

You are that close to a course for a lunchtime practice???!!!

- Alan

Yeah on the Navy Base. Just drive like 10 minutes from the front to the back of the base to get to the course.

Omg. WTH happened to my grip pressure. I was so occupied with other things and strings together pretty good rounds lately. My brother was complaining about his heavy wedge, I told him all supposed to feel heavy because of light grip pressure.

Then today at the range my clubs felt light. I knew my grip pressure crept up. So I spent about an hour to get it back on track. My distance and crisp contact came back consistently. Thank god.

Yesterday I played Navy Destroyer course in Cypress. Tiger's course growing up.

I practiced patience and course management. Instead of trying to make the amazing shot, I made the smart shot.

Ended up with my best played round ever. I have a long way to go but I am moving forward. FullSizeRender.jpg

915 Titleist D2 Driver

915 Titleist 3w

Cleveland CG2 Irons 2-PW

Nike Method Putter

Balls - Nike RZN black

I worked on my putting. I mainly concentrated on my lag putting, but my main focus this season has been to try and hit every practice shot like its a tournament. Go through my entire routine and look and plan the shot like I would on the course. It takes a little longer and I don't hit as many shots, but it seems to be paying off for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Been working a lot on my takeaway and forearm rotation through impact. Been struggling a lot with the driver - high and right. Trying to get myself in a better position going back and then working on hitting a low draw (something my instructor has been working with me on) so that I can more easily find the middle ground.

Sometimes I'll practice with a wedge and make sharp abbreviated swings as if to hit a knockdown just for feel. It's definitely helped me flight the ball better and slowly translating to the driver as well. Getting a much better ball flight (height) with the baby fade that I prefer to see.

It actually worked so well last night during work league that I hit probably my best driver ever on hole #1 - Short Par 4 that requires good position down the left side if you want an open green.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Hit the range today to work on a few things from my lesson. The driver setup changes have been huge. I've been adapting them to my other woods, hybrid and long irons as well... experimenting I guess.

In my Lesson we worked on getting my angle of attack up from about -2* to 1.5*-2*. To do this we pulled my right foot back half an inch, closed my body a tad, and started with the club head a couple inches behind the ball. My goal was just to swing and try to swing a little bit right.

Let me tell you...the first 10 swings I took with my driver during the Lesson averaged about 239 carry. My middle ones are pictured here. My last 10, which I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of, were carrying 279 on average.

We didn't change the swing. Just the setup. It's of course not perfect yet because it's not what I'd call an easy peasy change, but the next day out I did carry 2 tee shots (I had to hit a second to see of the first was an accident ) on a 280 yard par 4 into the left and front green side bunkers... And I've been hitting it pretty well since with numerous bombs. Scores and handicap should be coming down... Just gotta practice and trust it. Feeling really good though... although I'm trying to curb the excitement...

All was good on the range today and hoping to play 18-36 tomorrow. 1040fc2e7bf3758151d83ca9e2586d7a.jpg

Putting was on the cards today for my practise because I have changed the flat stick for the first time in years.

So i just swapped my putter over from a Scotty Cameron Newport mid slant to an Odyssey White Hot RX with a Super Stroke slim 3.0 grip and i have to say i am very impressed! Playing off low single figures at the moment and i reckon i am going to be more consistent and save myself a couple of shots a round which will get me closer to the magic scratch mark again!

#thebeardedgolfer

First range session with the 900 Tours. I wanted to take the opportunity to see if I could hit long irons, so I ordered them in the set. Let's just say I'm selling an M2 hybrid 4. I was even able to hit the 3i with decent success, the 4i was just getting spanked long and straight. First shot with it was like 200 carry oh what a feeling! IMG_20170725_181238.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

First range session with the 900 Tours. I wanted to take the opportunity to see if I could hit long irons, so I ordered them in the set. Let's just say I'm selling an M2 hybrid 4. I was even able to hit the 3i with decent success, the 4i was just getting spanked long and straight. First shot with it was like 200 carry oh what a feeling! attachicon.gifIMG_20170725_181238.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Excellent stuff!!

I have been working on rhythm and body turn in my swing.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Those clubs are soooo pretty!! Can't wait for the reviews from all of the testers!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Practice paying off! In the last 18 holes that I've played I managed 67% FIR, 56% GIR, and 33 putts (most putts were well over 20ft or had significant break so I'm perfectly happy with 33) and only 1 3-putt.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour