TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Brought the new Cobra to the range today and wowza! Sharp penetrating flight that just goes and goes.... (I'm in )

attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_122640569_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_122707898_HDR.jpg

That's a sharp looking club

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Anyone ever have one of those day where they literally could barely hit a ball?

That was me yesterday and oddly enough it was about the 3rd times it's happened at the same range.

This season I haven't done a lot of range time as between working and playing at the course I've got ample rounds and practice in but the other day I figured it would be good to just go work on some wedges and get some distances dialled in the new glide wedges I just got...except I could barely make contact with a full swing. Hozel rockets all around, I couldn't help but laugh. I haven't hit a bad shot like that in a lot of rounds and it didn't really matter the club I took I couldn't make solid contact on a full swing. Part of me thinks it was the matts or who knows.

Anyway took a day off today and playing tomorrow guess I'll have to wait and see what shows up! Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

That was me yesterday and oddly enough it was about the 3rd times it's happened at the same range.

This season I haven't done a lot of range time as between working and playing at the course I've got ample rounds and practice in but the other day I figured it would be good to just go work on some wedges and get some distances dialled in the new glide wedges I just got...except I could barely make contact with a full swing. Hozel rockets all around, I couldn't help but laugh. I haven't hit a bad shot like that in a lot of rounds and it didn't really matter the club I took I couldn't make solid contact on a full swing. Part of me thinks it was the matts or who knows.

Anyway took a day off today and playing tomorrow guess I'll have to wait and see what shows up! Fingers crossed

I only get those at the range too. They just show their ugly head randomly. I agree that the best thing to do is just laugh them off.

Best of luck on the course, I'm sure you'll pure them there.

I only get those at the range too. They just show their ugly head randomly. I agree that the best thing to do is just laugh them off.

Best of luck on the course, I'm sure you'll pure them there.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one and thank you!

It's a tough track that I've only played once in October. The August air should definitely help the ball carry further!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I went out today and I'm finding some interesting results with the Matrix MFS 50X4 White Tie shaft. It's a 50ish gram shaft and I'm in the process of deciding if lighter is  better for me?  Stay tuned because once the review thread becomes active, there's tons of info to be shared!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I was having an issue finishing with my irons on the range yesterday so I stopped and pulled my driver out for a go.  After a few swings with the driver I started over with my iron warm up and began striping my irons with a good follow through. Just saying if you start on the range and feel like you are coming out of your irons, don't just keep pounding them trying to get the right feel. Swing your driver a few times and then go back to the irons. It may or may not work for you but it sure helped me.  ;) 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

So I've been playing a LOTof golf the past few weeks. Been trying to get in at least 9 everyday, and a few 18 hole rounds as well. Been really positive with the adjustments to the driver setup, which I have taken over to the 4 wood, hybrid and even my long irons. It's nice to be hitting the fairways, or close to and being able to hit 8 irons and less, instead of punching out of trees or having to retee because of poor tee shots. I'm not saying they don't happen, but they're far less frequent since my last lesson.

Lesson #5 Video

https://youtu.be/OHrx0XQRLQE

My last lesson, which was about a month ago, we worked on the setup as I haven mentioned. The real key was getting myself to be able to hit up on the ball. At the beginning of the lesson, I took about 10-12 swings and the average angle of attack was negative 2 degrees. Hitting down on the ball with woods, hybrid and the long irons makes it really tough. In reality, I needed to get it up to about 1.5 degrees positive. So we worked on my setup. I was to move the driver back about 6 inches from the ball at setup. I was then to close my shoulders off a a little bit, and tilt back a tad. While it sounds crazy, it's not as awkward looking or feeling as it may seem. In the video you'll also see Tim wants me to keep the left leg still and plant it to have something to keep me stable.

With my irons, and it carries over into the woods as well, I need to keep 'width' (essentially the 'v' of my two arms) the whole way through the swing. I tend to get to the top of the swing and then the 'v' collapses and I lose all the power in the swing and all heck breaks loose. It's been a lot of work, but I'm getting better and that's all I aim for. And while I can't really show my progress online much, I will say that my last 10 rounds have been solid and look like this (40, 75, 75, 37, 83, 38, 74, 75, 36, 40). The 83 is an outlier as I was on about 3 hours sleep and in all reality should have stayed in my bed. haha. But my handicap is trending to a 4.8 at the moment, which is better than the 6.6 it was a month ago.

I'm heading back to work this week, but I'm still going to be doing my best to keep working hard and maintain the improvements going forward.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

So we just moved to a new development, to get in the back way you can cut through a business park. Said park has an office with an outdoor putting green (real grass). I went over last night after hours and practiced for a bit. 

So heres my question... It was awfully slow and soft, will this practice green help or hurt my putting overall

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So we just moved to a new development, to get in the back way you can cut through a business park. Said park has an office with an outdoor putting green (real grass). I went over last night after hours and practiced for a bit.

So heres my question... It was awfully slow and soft, will this practice green help or hurt my putting overall

Sitting on the 8th tee box after having three 3 putts, I'm answering my own question, YES! It kills my feel

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

shouldn't,  but you have to understand how to adjust since all greens are different speeds.  I have a baseline putt that  goes X distance.  Whenever I am on the practice green,  I see how close the speed is to my baseline and then adjust based on the distance I am rolling the ball on that green.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Been working on my short pitch shots to make solid contact and not blade the ball.  Kind of 50/50ish on how I am doing.  Hope if comes around a bit before my golf league round on Thursday.....or that I hit all the greens   :D

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Working on my 60* chipping.

Took a M grind, done some grinding coming up with a K meets M grind wedge.

So far so good, can't wait to get it into play.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I spent some time on the practice green before my round trying to pick balls clean with my 60* on little 10-15 yard touch shots. That bad boy is deadly if done right. Your boy holed one from the drop zone for par when I took it to the course.

Got some putting and chipping practice time in; about 30 mins of each.

I have a basic methodology for practicing .. may not be the most scientifically efficient method but it seems to work for me: using two balls, pick a target and try to hit the two balls the same way two times in a row; ie. get them to end up in (very nearly) the same spot. Randomize the next target for the next two balls and repeat.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Been there, done that. I've played golf long enough that 'I've gone through every phase possible, even four consecutive rounds under par, everything except hitting 300 yard drives down the middle consistently. :)

I will keep playing until I've accomplished that last one or I can't play anymore, which ever comes first!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Just picked up my new Vokey SM6 wedges today. Managed to do some chipping practice with them and they feel fantastic!! It is the first time I have been fitted for wedges and the difference is enormous. I feel like I can hole every chip. Can't wait to play with them tomorrow .

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Just picked up my new Vokey SM6 wedges today. Managed to do some chipping practice with them and they feel fantastic!! It is the first time I have been fitted for wedges and the difference is enormous. I feel like I can hole every chip. Can't wait to play with them tomorrow .

What was the fitting process like for your wedges?

After charting my last three rounds to see which clubs that I used most I added some significant time with all my wedges, took away time with my irons and hit a dozen 4 woods. (Normal might be two or three). As usual I hit no drivers. I rarely hit driver in the range.

I hit all 4 of my wedges, that is something that I would never do had I not done that analysis.

The most fun part of the practice were the random wedge shots. I scattered a dozen balls around the practice green and then hit them in no particular order. I had some horrific lies. Shots were between 30 and 60 yards. I could hit my 60 or my 56.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

What was the fitting process like for your wedges?

It was a case of hitting shots, finding the right feel and then the bounce and grind. It was fun and has made a difference. I feel so much more confidant with the clubs in my hand and that is half of the battle won!!

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

It was a case of hitting shots, finding the right feel and then the bounce and grind. It was fun and has made a difference. I feel so much more confidant with the clubs in my hand and that is half of the battle won!!

Did the fitter give you any insight into the fit what kind of questions did you get asked? How did you determine bounce and grind? Or did you just hit balls until you found what you liked?

I walked from #9 to #10 today and remembered that I haven't taken a pic of my practice area. This is the pitching green with the range behind. Putting green is to the left.

IMG_0751.JPG

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Did the fitter give you any insight into the fit what kind of questions did you get asked? How did you determine bounce and grind? Or did you just hit balls until you found what you liked?

The fitter is our brand new club pro. He looked at how I hit shots, asked if I was a "digger or sweeper"  and worked  with me on feel for the clubs. He had just helped fit me into my new Mizuno JPX irons so he knew my loft and lie stats. He also suggested that I put the XP95 shafts in the wedges, same as the irons. It was a great move and suits me really well

On another note, I played 9 holes after work today, managed to shoot an even par 37. (Par 73 course)

I visualized sand shots from the hole I dug on the beach for my kids... Does that count? 😁 Also visualized how to hit from wet sand lies too.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I visualized sand shots from the hole I dug on the beach for my kids... Does that count? Also visualized how to hit from wet sand lies too.

MDGolfHacker

Did you get em close to the hole?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

The fitter is our brand new club pro. He looked at how I hit shots, asked if I was a "digger or sweeper"  and worked  with me on feel for the clubs. He had just helped fit me into my new Mizuno JPX irons so he knew my loft and lie stats. He also suggested that I put the XP95 shafts in the wedges, same as the irons. It was a great move and suits me really well

He watched you hit shots, and still had to ask you if you were a digger or sweeper?  I guess he is new!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Did you get em close to the hole?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Skulled them, like in real life.... 😂😂😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Omg I just had my heart broken. I went to the course on lunch to take pics and videos of my putter only to see that they were currently in the process of aerating the practice green.

WHYYYYYYYYYY???

I knew I should've come out yesterday.

I guess all is not lost. I spent some time with the 60* trying to pick it clean on 40-60y shots and 15y flops. Loving the amount of spin and control I have so hopefully that comes to the course with me tomorrow.

I just did more of the same, a few irons through the 6, lots of 5 hybrids, a couple of drivers because I hadn't hit one in over a week and then lots of wedges followed by 15 or so random wedge shots with balls lying around the practice green.

Quail Hollow has nothing on the practice green at Bayou in regards to thick rough.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches