Working on tempo and not swaying during the swing

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Driver: Taylormade M2 - Fujikura Pro 60

3 Wood: Taylormade M1 - Graphite Design BB-6X

Irons: Srixon Z745  5-PW - UST Recoils 110

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3  54,60* - UST Recoils 125

Putter: Cleveland Elevado CB

Ball: Vice Pro

Hit about 100 balls and did some chipping with my new 61* scor wedge yesterday, snow be damned.

2 swing thoughts...

I have a bad habit of swaying and realized that if I can point my left shoulder at the ball it helps to minimize the sway.

I also tried to hit ball with my right arm pit...if that makes sense... helps get my hands ahead at impact and get my left shoulder to rotate.

Chipping with feet 1 clubhead width apart and standing more upright works nicely.

Cold, but fun.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

@mpatrickriley you can also put masking tape on your clubs and draw a straight line with a sharpie on the ball, does the same thing and all you have to do is take the masking tape off the club when you're done.

Great tip! I have to do that.. been hitting balls indoors - into a net - so that could help me see what's really going on. Thx!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Working on tempo and not swaying during the swing

Also working on tempo - with the aid of the Tour Tempo swing tones; for both full swing and for short game - and working on loading into the right (my trail) side. Then deliberate weight shift forward, and rotate.

Interestingly it was recently pointed out to me that I've developed the start of a reverse pivot (ohh nooo!!!) .... have spent so much time the past few seasons thinking about NOT swaying that I guess I'd, ummm, "over-compensated" ;-) a bit.......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Second indoor range session of the year today with my son. He is showing progress and I am going backwards. Realizing I don't currently have the speed to maximize my clubs. Need to swing the orange whip twice a day for the next few weeks to get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Working on my iron game and my swing changes

Driver: Taylormade M2 - Fujikura Pro 60

3 Wood: Taylormade M1 - Graphite Design BB-6X

Irons: Srixon Z745  5-PW - UST Recoils 110

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3  54,60* - UST Recoils 125

Putter: Cleveland Elevado CB

Ball: Vice Pro

Went to work on putting and chipping, but the hail and rain kept me undercover. Worked on punch shots, clock work with my wedge, and about half the bucket went to working or my attempt at working it. Very pleased with the progress I made.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Spent about an hour hitting 80+ balls trying to break the habit of starting my downswing with my arms.  Not the best day but will keep working on it.  Old bad habits die hard.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

Went out today and hit some easy 9 irons at 50% of full speed.One thing I can do at this speed is link up my body with arms.The sound and feel of the strike with a synced up swing is so addicting.Maybe one day it will actually carry over to a full speed swing.

Keep it in the short stuff

Spent about an hour hitting 80+ balls trying to break the habit of starting my downswing with my arms. Not the best day but will keep working on it. Old bad habits die hard.

Yea...guilty as well. Didnt work on that but it has been in my mind tge last fee weeks.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Had the day off work today and spent a couple of hours hitting chip and short pitch shots into my outdoor putting green.  Hopefully the weather will stay warm enough to get more time with it the next couple of weeks.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

Hit a medium bucket with about 2/3 of that playing with 2 different drivers. I generally hit a power fade but will lose on right. I played around with some lead tape on the heel of one of them and didnt see much if any imorovement. I do feel that I lost a few yards with it though. Ill hit them on the course tomorrow to check that out closer. Played around with working the ball and getting pretty confortable and confident with 5i to wedge and will use it tomorrow. Another good practice session as Im gearing up for Chambers Bay in a couple weeks. Not real good at bunker play so I will hit a few fairway bunkers along the way tomorrow and hit a few.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

My goal was to try a bigger platform in the seven iron.

I worked my way up starting with about 30 shots alternating between a 40 and 50 yard pin with my 56. Holed one!

Then hit five or six wedges, 9 irons and 8 irons before bringing out the beast. I actually hit both of my seven irons well but the misses with the fat seven were far better than those with my gamer - far better.

Hit a couple of hybrids - really well, 5 hybrids well past and straight at a flag that was 171.

Hit five full 56's past a flag at 82 but all on its green. A bunch of part 56's to flags at 50 and 65. My only real mishit was a chunk trying to get too cute to the 65 yard flag.

Oh yeah and I did my drill of shoulder length closed stance and try to hit pull fades.

Besides trying out the 7 iron I was working hard to swing down and left. Divots were straight at the target and I was hitting nice medium high draws.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Keeping my shoulders closed at address and not as much hip sway. 

Also not getting frustrated during lessons because we're piecing it all together not one big overhaul. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

For your (ahem) enjoyment: a very boring putting practice video!

This is on my basement putting green. It's about an 8' putt, almost perfectly straight (just a hint of left break at the end).

I have offsetting training aids. On my end, I'm using a putting mirror. On the other end is the SKLZ hole reducer. So one aid to make things easier, the other to make things harder.

I was obvious hoping to hole all six in a row, but the fifth hits the hole reducer, requiring that the sixth putt be even more precise. Still at least a month here before there's even a hope of golf outside, so I'm still looking forward to seeing how in the indoor practice over the winter will translate to the course.

Edit: A final note: all the balls I'm using are TaylorMade Project [a] balls, but some have a soccer ball pattern on them like the Callaway Truvis. I used this little gadget to do that. It's fun, and my kids enjoy having the soccer ball pattern balls.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

For your (ahem) enjoyment: a very boring putting practice video!

This is on my basement putting green. It's about an 8' putt, almost perfectly straight (just a hint of left break at the end).

I have offsetting training ends. On my end, I'm using a putting mirror. On the other end is the SKLZ hole reducer. So one aid to make things easier, the other to make things harder.

I was obvious hoping to hole all six in a row, but the fifth hits the hole reducer, requiring that the sixth putt be even more precise. Still at least a month here before there's even a hope of golf outside, so I'm still looking forward to seeing how in the indoor practice over the winter will translate to the course.

Pretty cool putting green - did you build that yourself?

BTW - what's with all of the extra putters ??!?!? !?!?  :P

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

BTW - what's with all of the extra putters ??!?!? !?!? :P

Putter ho?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

BTW - what's with all of the extra putters ??!?!? !?!?  :P

More info on the green, and the putter collection, on this thread: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/21620-basement-green-and-putter-shootout

Yep, I definitely buy too many putters. Can't explain it; I just enjoy tinkering. In my defense: I buy cheap (or cheapish) putters. No collection of Scotties here :)

Full WITB with pictures

Going to get some chipping and putting in as the rain falls here in Illinois.

IMG_7300.JPG

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Practice all full iron shots throughout the bag to practice approaching pins. Also practice tee shots since this is what I consider my biggest weakness. Getting better but not at the consistency I would like off the tee. Really struggling with feeling comfortable with my set up and starting and finishing my swing. Practice putting as well but need to find a stroke that fits me more.

Set up the net in the backyard tonight and went through my bag from highest-lofted club into driver...twice. Hit 3 or 4 balls per club then switched to the next and so on.

I'm finding that a real strong grip improves my striking tremendously from SW and even up to 4I. I was lacing them all fairly well However the second I grabbed my 3H (one of my favorite and most consistent clubs), I toed three shots in a row right off the roof of my neighbors shed and out into the oblivion of the field behind us...! Re-gripped to a more neutral grip and started hitting them square again. Same results essentially with 5W, 3W & driver. Apparently I need a more neutral grip with these...Gotta be my whole left wrist injury thing where I have some limited range-of-motion and feeling in it. I'll keep at it of course and hope to translate what I'm learning here at home to on-course play.

BTW, the third stanza through the bag was a disaster...Apparently hitting 2 full buckets of 50 balls before hand was way too much for my fat butt to endure..! Who the Hell ever sez that golfers aren't athletes?!!! Whew!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

We're still *at least* a month away from golf up here, but it touched 50 yesterday. So that's perfect for throwing on shorts and a T-shirt and hitting balls in the garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcI4zrRPnIo

Full WITB with pictures

We're still *at least* a month away from golf up here, but it touched 50 yesterday. So that's perfect for throwing on shorts and a T-shirt and hitting balls in the garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcI4zrRPnIo

That youngster is gonna be fantastic! Wow! Great swing! A total natural! Does he offer lessons?

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

That youngster is gonna be fantastic! Wow! Great swing! A total natural! Does he offer lessons?

Honestly, he's just a blast to watch and to play with. He's old enough this year that I'll be able to get him up early a couple times a week to play nine holes before I come in to the office. I'm grateful that our local course welcomes him playing, and I'm getting adjusted to being known there primarily as "Kirke's dad."

Full WITB with pictures

WHOA!  that young fella is going to make some guys pockets a bit lighter real soon.  what a strike on that ball!  Lookin real good.  keep it youngster!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Had the day off work today and spent a couple of hours hitting chip and short pitch shots into my outdoor putting green.  Hopefully the weather will stay warm enough to get more time with it the next couple of weeks.

Outdoor putting green!!  I need one!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I was a little sore from walking 18 yesterday, but thought I would head to the course this morning and play 9 more.  My wife wants to play after work with the Ladies group at 5pm.  She said they thought it was OK if I played with them!   ;)  I didn't want to play 9 holes this morning and 9 more tonight, so I spent the morning at the short game practice area.  

I spent about 30 minutes pitching shots from 20-40 yards.  At first I was struggling to make decent contact, but the last 50 balls were good.  High shots; low shots.

Then I hit about 25 balls from the bunker.  "They all came out."  I will be posting my review of the Callaway Sure Out wedge this weekend.

I have been chipping the ball pretty well lately; 3 chip-in birdies and one sandy birdie in the past 5 days.  However, I always use my 58* SCOR wedge for chip shots.  On Monday the course verticut the greens and they are rolling faster than they have all winter.  I thought I would spend some time chipping with a few other clubs.  I was in the fringe about 3 feet from the green; green is relatively flat.  At the green in front of me are 4 holes where the greens crew had removed plugs to probably put somewhere on the course to fix bad spots.  My goal was to land the ball just over the holes with my 58*, 50*, and 44* wedges.  I chipped 12 balls, 3 at a time, with each club.  I walked off the distance after each group of 3 balls.  The results (all approximate):  

58* = 10 steps

50* = 15 steps

44* = 20 steps.

I can easily chip to all those distances with my 58* by feel.  I just land the ball further on the green.  I am going to try this chipping approach on the course; walk off the distance and pick the club.  For longer distances, I will use one of these 3 clubs and land it further on the green.  I do not chip well with longer clubs.  I will make a determination which method works best for me.

Obviously, the further away from the green, a more lofted club is needed.  Next time I will vary the distance from the green and hit the same clubs, landing on the same spot.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've been keeping my 52 and putter in the trunk and sneaking to the local muni a couple of times a week to chip and putt.

They redid their greens last summer and now have the same grass as my club although no where near as fast. But because it's new it's quite firm so it's great for chipping and pitching by practice.

I played my best golf when I followed this pattern. With my new car I'm more comfortable leaving a club in the trunk than I was with the van.

I just go for twenty minutes to a half an hour. I will probably go again today in between church services.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD