TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Course should be opening any day now (finally!), so hit some practice balls in the yard with my boy today.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Took my girls with me to the range. Hit a bucket, plus a few they had left over. When I get my downswing all in-sync, it's REALLY good with these MP-18 SCs. I love them!!!

After I finished the bucket I went over to the chipping green to work on chipping like Butch Harmon had in his article in one of the golf magazines. He's not big on the “rotational” chipping, and being more than a foot away from the ball. Ball off the back foot, weight toward the front foot, make the grip more vertical, hinge the wrists, and chip. It worked great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I am determined to fix my short game woes this year. Spent about 4 hours on the chipping green to work on pitches and chips from bare, fluffy, uphill, downhill, and side hill lies.

Decided that my sand wedge will never be used for chipping/short pitches. Gap and lob wedge work fine. For some reason I have no consistency with my sand wedges. I have tried a variety of bounces and I know I can get different grinds but that is an experiment for another day. Need to find someplace that will let me take a bunch out and give them a try.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

Went to bring communion to a shut in for the very last time today. He's dying and he and his wife are moving an hour away by their daughter. I like this guy, a lot so it was sad.

His place is also near my club. I always have a wedge in the trunk. This is one of our three practice greens. I spent forty five minutes hitting chips, pitches and trap shots with a few flops slipped in just in case.

My primary focus was bare lies. I play in league tomorrow and that course has them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I am determined to fix my short game woes this year. Spent about 4 hours on the chipping green to work on pitches and chips from bare, fluffy, uphill, downhill, and side hill lies.

Decided that my sand wedge will never be used for chipping/short pitches. Gap and lob wedge work fine. For some reason I have no consistency with my sand wedges. I have tried a variety of bounces and I know I can get different grinds but that is an experiment for another day. Need to find someplace that will let me take a bunch out and give them a try.

4 hours is a long time!!  I spend at most 2 hours and that's with a little putting thrown in.  Do it twice a week.

I found the same thing... no sand wedge for chipping/pitching.  I can do everything with my 58* and will occasionally use my 50* depending on distance and lie.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours is a long time!! I spend at most 2 hours and that's with a little putting thrown in. Do it twice a week.

I found the same thing... no sand wedge for chipping/pitching. I can do everything with my 58* and will occasionally use my 50* depending on distance and lie.

Time actually went pretty quickly. I enjoy practicing and wish I had the opportunity to get out more often.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Time actually went pretty quickly. I enjoy practicing and wish I had the opportunity to get out more often.

I do to.  I can get out as often as I want, but I have to limit myself when I'm there.  It seems that at some point, I am just going through the motions and not focusing enough.  More quality work; less quantity work.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Worked on chip shots again. Hit a lot of flop shots then worked on some lower trajectory stuff and it worked well. I'm working the ball right to left or left to right on demand with my wedges again wish I could do it full speed on my clubs longer than a 7i.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last two rounds were less than stellar. Upper 80s which is not acceptable. Driver right as and irons left. Played with ball position, backswing, and getting hips they. Seemed to correct things for time being. Historically if I get off target I start guiding the ball and not trusting my swing. Just swing the dang club!!

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Hit the range for a large bucket (about 80) of balls. Worked 8 iron to start with 5 swings of consistent hits then worked on aiming a few shots. Did that for 6 iron, hybrid, 3 wood. Then hit about 10 driver shots and closed it out with short game work. All in all a good range day.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Practiced 7 irons....players category 7 irons. Today I will be practicing players 5 irons. The nice think about most wanted testing is that I get to make a lot of golf swings and focusing on staying in a rhythm even after a bad shot on the screen.

Hit a bucket at the range. This range session probably set me back a few days!!! Horrible. No rhythm, hit like crap, couldn't get a feel. Ugh.

Practiced 7 irons....players category 7 irons. Today I will be practicing players 5 irons. The nice think about most wanted testing is that I get to make a lot of golf swings and focusing on staying in a rhythm even after a bad shot on the screen.

Living the dream

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So, apparently when you break your foot (heel, ouch! ) and don't touch your clubs for the better part of six months, you develop soft little girly-man hands and need to go all Tommy Two-Gloves when you finally can hit the range. Went all through the bag tonight, mostly hit it where I aimed it, and still could walk to the car. Maybe this should go in the “Happy” thread?!?attachicon.gifIMG_5147.JPG

Hahahaha Tommy Two Gloves. On a brighter note, glad to hear your back out swinging again.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Spent a hour on the putting green yesterday with our club's pro. Trying to build some consistency into my putting. Ball position had crept back in my stance coupled with a lot of shaft lean. We moved the ball forward and straightened up the shaft at address. Hit putts to tees instead of holes to narrow the focus down. My biggest issue is now decelerating as I hit the ball. Its a mental issue, when I think I've hit it to hard the ball was within a 12 inch circle, when I hit what I thought was a good distance I was 4 - 6 feet short.

Its frustrating as I was putting a lot better. Practice, practice, practice.

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

Hit a small bucket, and walked 6 holes.

Worked on keeping hands inside of clubhead and a good transition and turn without getting hip opened to early. Took a few swings but started making some good contact

F37748BF-D662-4468-99E8-7693E50279C7.jpeg

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Hit balls today - don't know how many but do know this - the weight loss has helped my swing immensely. One of the pros walked by the range and looked at everyone's swing and asked what they were working on. He would then give advice if needed. In my case he said, “The Rev has it all working” after I drilled a couple of 7 irons right over the 150 flag for him (it was actually 145).

Sadly I have very little time to play golf and that's highly unlikely to change for a couple of years. It will take a year to replace my assistant and a year plus for the new one to get up to speed.

So it's the range and a nine here or there - 18 not much more than once a month. :(

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Alignment

I've found that by concentrating on the “contact point”, and having a full level backswing, I can get the right hand over easier.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I envisioned a couple hours on the range with my new F8's today while it was raining.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I actually hit golf balls today!!! First time hitting a ball all year! weather has been fine, just haven't really wanted to play. Have a work tournament tomorrow and a golf trip in 3 weeks so I figured I should at least hit some balls. Hit them pretty well. Maybe I should take 7 months off more often!

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Drove up to NoVA this afternoon for meetings tomorrow and Wednesday, so I stopped at Burke Lake Golf Center on the way to hit some balls. About halfway through my small bucket, the skies opened up and all hell broke loose. Got to my car just in time.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Hit the range and worked my way through the bag. My last 30 shots were targeted. Aiming at pins and working on knowing my range for each club.

I finished it on the 9 hole chipping/putting course at the range. This area of my game needs significant work. I'm pretty confident that my chipping/wedge game changes every time I'm around the green.

IMG_4101.JPG

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hit balls today - don't know how many but do know this - the weight loss has helped my swing immensely. One of the pros walked by the range and looked at everyone's swing and asked what they were working on. He would then give advice if needed. In my case he said, “The Rev has it all working” after I drilled a couple of 7 irons right over the 150 flag for him (it was actually 145).

Sadly I have very little time to play golf and that's highly unlikely to change for a couple of years. It will take a year to replace my assistant and a year plus for the new one to get up to speed.

So it's the range and a nine here or there - 18 not much more than once a month. :(

Sorry to hear Rev, but God waits for no one

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I envisioned a couple hours on the range with my new F8's today while it was raining.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Vision is more important than the actual ball striking. You see Olympic athletes do it all the time. So with all your visualization, you should be in the 60's in no time.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I took the opportunity to use the practice area here at the TPC of San Antonio. I hit an entire pyramid of balls, using my wedges on more than half of them. I then spent about 45 minutes on their huge putting green. It rolled so true! It was a great place to work on stroke and distance. I really enjoyed it today. Folks that have facilities like this have no idea how lucky they are to be able to practice every part of the game.

I had a bummer of a range session this morning that got worse as it went on. When my swing was on I had fantastic ball flight. When it was off... blah.

Didn't help that it was mats only today so I'm going to chalk it up to an off morning and try again tomorrow.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Short game all day every day. Worst part of my game by far.

<p>WITB: All Wilson EverythingDriver:  :wilson_staff_small:  FG tour F5 9*3 wood:  :wilson_staff_small: FG tour F5 13.5*</p><p>Hybrids:  :wilson_staff_small: FG tour F5 17* and 23*5-GW:  :wilson_staff_small: C100 with KBS Tour V 100g shafts Wedges:  :wilson_staff_small: FG tour PMP frosted 54* and 58*Putter:  :wilson_staff_small: Lincoln ParkBall:   :wilson_staff_small: Duo SSP(testing) and :srixon-small:  Z-star

110 balls... worked my way up the bag. First time in a while that I was hitting every single club consistent and well.

Spent about 1/4 of the time on my wedge game, chipping into a bucket at 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 40, and 50 yards away.

I found a range close by that has a grass range. I've fallen in love!