TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

I practiced my Ark building skills in the Man Cave!  I don't think I'll be playing golf for a while with this deluge of rain upon us   :D

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Had my first good day of practice in while. Started with chipping for about 30 minutes, then hit the range for 30 and really think I found something I can take out to the course. Finally, I hit the putting green for another 30 minutes. I was hot, tired and soaking wet, but really felt I made substantial progress today!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I'm very sore after the range today.

Today was one of those days when it didn't seem as much fun as I though it would be.

Too early to say if it's just a disappointing day or if this thing just isn't going to happen.

The former would be preferred, of course.  I miss the Dukes of Decrepitude seniors' league, hanging with the guys at least as much as the golf. 

My wife would also enjoy me being out from under her feet every minute. The way it is now, she keeps sequestering me to my man cave when it gets too much..  That's why I'm on my computer.

I have an appointment with the pain clinic next week.  We'll see, I guess.

Stopped by a local course after work and just hit about 100 chip shots around the practice green. You know, it's a beautiful thing when you can just hit the short game practice area at the local course, and spend maybe 30 minutes after work just hitting chip shots from just off the putting surface to different pins. The best part about this sort of practice session is that it's quick enough not to interfere with your life, and it's totally free. When I showed up there, someone had hit all these range balls and left them on the green, so I just went around and sent them to a spot off the green, and commenced at chipping them towards one of the pins. Free and easy chipping practice, which in my opinion is the most important aspect of your game that you can never get good enough at. Such a deal!

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I've been spending about 1/2 an hour to chipping about 4-5 times a week, followed by 1/2 hour of putting.

Seems like I don't get that many chances at chip shots when I play though...

I wish I could practice 5 hours every day, and I wish my back would allow it.

There are just so many things that need attention!

A good thing to be cognizant of is distance control based on hand placement on the grip.

Choke up a few inches to take 5 yds off, go down to first finger on steel to take 10 off.

This is good for when you've got that shot that's “in-between” clubs

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

major rain storm passed over us last night and dumped 1" plus in a matter of minutes.

afterwards I went to a local course around 5:15 to try out my new putter.

the green was sopping wet and the holes were filled to the top with H2O but I really wanted to roll some putts on a real green with it.

I was really happy with a couple of things.

1 - line...it stayed on line most of the time.

2 - short putts...within 3-5 feet these seemed really easy

One thing that I realized I need to do is keep my head level/steady until the ball stops.  this will prevent the dreaded "look up" when hitting the putt.  I found when I did that my contact was much more crisp and I got the ball closer.

Playing 36 with it tomorrow with @Wedgie so we'll see how it does when the heat is on!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

One thing that I realized I need to do is keep my head level/steady until the ball stops. this will prevent the dreaded "look up" when hitting the putt. I found when I did that my contact was much more crisp and I got the ball closer.

!

Sounds like you have some things figured out. Don't move away from those things even if you struggle during your round. Need to engrain those new thoughts and feels to overcome your past tendencies

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Went to the range today to continue working on what we did in my lesson last week. I started with my “impact ball”, then moved to full iron shots. I then hit the two drivers I have trying to get an idea of which one might be better: KZG VC-460 with the Agera shaft, and the Ping G400 with the TPT. I'm still trying to get my driver swing going left, and not releasing my arms out from my sides, but I did hit some when I did it correctly where I was thinking, “Dang!”

It was 106* heat index so I was worn out pretty quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Had a driving lesson today. Several things were pointed out that eliminated my slice as well as side spin. After the lesson I hit another 30 balls and figure I'll be at the range every day to hopefully lock in the swing changes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Back to the range to work my drills, then full-swings. This Ping G400 with the TPT only has a ball flight with a draw, to my hook miss, no right/fade in it at all. Probably going to switch-out the shaft for something with a lower torque/stiffer to take away that big left miss, hopefully my pro will change it and let me keep it for a bit again. City Championship 17th-19th, so I gotta keep drilling.

IMG_1248.JPG

Worked through the bag today including chips and pitches from a variety of lies on the practice green.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hit the putting green after playing 9. Back cant handle more than 30 or so balls before I cant take it. I went much more uoright earlier in the seasin, but putted horrible. Went back to a more Nicklaus approach and my putting. Hss improved.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Played about 10 holes, focused on hitting both drivers on holes that called for hitting driver. My KZG was a beast today! The TPT shaft is way too weak so I kept missing left. I'll just keep the KZG in the bag the rest of the week!

Today and the last week or so, I've been working on backswing. Take the right shoulder and put it behind my back. The rest is just letting go. Working really well.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Haven' t hit into my net here at the house of late, but tonight got a wild hair tonight despite the HOT and also perpetrated by the "newness" of my replacement 3W shaft.

Strickly speaking of hitting it only...man...if you don't pay attention to it, I can see toe-jobs all day long...

BUT if I stand tall with good posture and keep my d**n left forearm straight...and stay smooth....and...and...and...Well it works. And I seem to be on it...er...mostly. -_- 

Need to see how this baby performs on the range, so I'll have to buck-up after work before Friday during the real HOT of the day before weeks end see how it really is before introducing it to Pronghorn in Bend, Oregon Sunday.  :rolleyes: Fingers crossed!!!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I have been working on swinging more to the right.

I am swinging the club to far to the left and getting some nasty pulls. I can do it when I focus but if I lose focus, I revert to my old ways and the pull returns.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I have been working on swinging more to the right.

I am swinging the club to far to the left and getting some nasty pulls. I can do it when I focus but if I lose focus, I revert to my old ways and the pull returns.

Funny. I'm working on swinging left because I hit some nasty hooks from swinging-out too much to the right!

Funny. I'm working on swinging left because I hit some nasty hooks from swinging-out too much to the right!

Me too - prescription for disaster for me.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Got a medium bucket, 80 balls, and focused on wedge shots for about ½ of the bucket. Really focusing on dialing in the short game so I can break 90 more often!

Plan on going to my local chip and putt later this week to really hone in on it.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

After most wanted testing I worked on controlling face angle on iron shots and the worked on 20 footers

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Got a medium bucket, 80 balls, and focused on wedge shots for about ½ of the bucket. Really focusing on dialing in the short game so I can break 90 more often!

Plan on going to my local chip and putt later this week to really hone in on it.

Working the wedge game... doing the bull dance... feeling it.... feeling it.

What's the part you struggle with the most?

Just putting into the pillow. The usual afternoon routine. I usually like to hit some foam balls in the back yard with a 3/4 swing and 1/2 swing 56 to keep the rust off during the week but it's storming all week this week so putting will have to be enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Spent an hour at the range, practice bunker, and putting green.

Hit about 25 5 irons. High, low, left, right. A few 3 woods. A couple drivers. Finished with some stinger 3 irons, big ol swooping draws.... love it.

Moved to the bunker, the sand sucks. It's like dust. Saved my sand practice for the beach this evening.

Putting/chipping green. Some 60's, 56's, 52's and working in some running chips with the 5, 7, 9 irons. Short game is coming along nicely.

Finished up with some 30' lag putts before the league showed up and I had to take off.

Snuck out on my lunch break to hit a small bucket. I mostly hit short irons, bouncing around after every few balls.

I pulled the Heavenwood which used to be my most consistent club but has been a nasty hook machine lately. I put the ball further back in my stance on a whim and started hitting these gorgeous shots that just took off like a rocket. No idea if it'll last, but I put a note in my phone to put the ball position back the next time I'm at the range to see if that ballflight continues.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game