:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Just had my first range session in a while and boy do I need more of them. Hitting to targets my wedges we're all over the place. Maybe 1/5 on target.

Irons I readjusted myswing yet again and started striping them pretty good eventually.

Choked up my driver about an inch and a half and was seeing a lot more control. Hitting in a line of targets about 20ft wide I went 5/10. I lose tons of strokes to being out of play off the tee. So this is a big area of improvement for me. Gonna try and do another session this week and go back through the bag.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Went through a full bucket today working on 130 and under. 

Warmed up with my highest wedge through 9 iron - full swings to get warm and get some good striking going.

Next was partial swing distances with each club

Lastly was picking a target, and hitting with 3 different clubs on 1 attempt each. New target repeat.

Honestly, it went so much better than I expected. I was hitting the ball well and getting some nice clusters around the various targets. Not perfect, but seeing what I can hesitantly call improvement has me excited to play my next round.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Just worked on my practice moves in my living room. Need to get back to the basics for a bit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Hit a small bucket at lunch just trying to work on not starting my downswing before my backswing has finished. I still continue to fight the "hit the ball" impulse instead of just swinging the club. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Played 18 but didnt putt every green. Coutse was very windy and very few people out so zi worked on tees shots, attempting to shspe tee shots, and various other shots I felt along the way. Just cant seem to draw my 3w at all, bit I can cut it and hit it straight. That will be one of my off season goals. O basically hit 2 to different shots on approach and off tee. Lets say I hit some nice shots and left ahalf dozen Provs in the bushes and water.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Today started my swing rebuild and after going from a 1 index to a +1 most people think I am nuts in doing it. My rationale is that I need more consistency and tired of having the crapshoot of shooting 75 or 65. Worked on a plan with the Asst. pro at my club to get to it. Essentially I am working on the Rickie Fowler swing to quiet the hands and square the club face. Day 1 was a success. Hit close to 1,000 balls after a two hour lesson and then went out and shot -5 on the front nine at my club. Big changes in address and take away then just let it rip from the top. No fear of left at all which is a big miss for me. We did Trackman at the start of the session and at the end. My driver SS went from 117 mph to 121 mph and the smash factor from 1.44 to 1.49.....let's just say it was a vast difference. Really excited to give it a go tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Worked on chips today.

From 20, 25, and 30 yards out.

Worked on ball position, hand position, and backswing to 7 o'clock

Placed  tee 1/3 the distance to the pin as a landing spot. Used, 52 degree, PW, and 9i respectively.

couple of pics from 30 yards out.

Used 7 balls for each try

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Tried to get in some short game practice, on course, two weeks ago. Happened to be the same day they were spraying all the greens so they were all sticky and yucky. They also use a green dye so even if you tried to chip on or putt your ball got coated...

Then tried at a practice green last week; huge L-shaped green where you're allowed to chip. And as it turns out .. it's exactly the time the maintenance guys want to spray. So I pick up all my stuff and trundle of to the other end; get set up again and start chipping and .. guess what? Yep...

Guess those fabled Golf Gods don't want me doing short game practice!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Tried to get in some short game practice, on course, two weeks ago. Happened to be the same day they were spraying all the greens so they were all sticky and yucky. They also use a green dye so even if you tried to chip on or putt your ball got coated...

Then tried at a practice green last week; huge L-shaped green where you're allowed to chip. And as it turns out .. it's exactly the time the maintenance guys want to spray. So I pick up all my stuff and trundle of to the other end; get set up again and start chipping and .. guess what? Yep...

Guess those fabled Golf Gods don't want me doing short game practice!

My course does the same thing on the greens, but it's always early on a Monday morning... every few weeks.  When I play with the guys on Monday mornings and the greens are sprayed, I wet down my towel at every water station to get the stuff off my ball and putter. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Went to the range today... I played a couple holes for my first time on Saturday and wanted to work on some things. I now understand why there are some people that hate going to the range haha... I still had fun practicing but it's nothing like the real thing.

Worked on not slicing my driver as bad and worked through all my irons again... concentrated on choking up a little, slowing swing speeds and my aiming. Not a bad day but was getting a little bored towards the end of the bucket

Snuck one last 18 in tonight after work before I pack for hunting and getting the yard rain ready. Bought a used Titleist 905 R I had to game at least once.

Played tee to green only and didnt putt many. Just trying ti see how the new driver is. Didnt fall in lust over it. Hit a few good ones but need to go to range to figure it out. Great late summer evening though

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I worked on slowly increasing my swing speed. Its funny how far I can hit a 60° when I do less than a 25% swing with a faster swing. It was something the pro I took a lesson or two from gave me advice to do when I started. He told me to become a better ball striker I should focus on that with a smooth swing for one whole year, which I have done all year. I lost distance with the smooth swing but boy have I made some crisp iron shots. This will be what I practice for the next few weeks and then continue over the winter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Today went to do some more data collection at the range for the Ping i500 and hit a few drivers.

I finally remembered to take the vegetable oil.

Now, if i could only do this on the golf course

driver.jpg

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

Dexterity:

Went to the range..... 11am and it was over 100* heat index! Needless to say, not a very fruitful range session!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Today went to do some more data collection at the range for the Ping i500 and hit a few drivers.

I finally remembered to take the vegetable oil.

Now, if i could only do this on the golf course

attachicon.gif driver.jpg

Nice work Hari! Did the same deal myself tonight swinging my new driver shaft around and had many center strikes too. Haven't heard of the v-oil trick before. I use foot powder spray instead. Is that like Pam with the flour in it?

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I actually worked on my short short wedges.

I played with the “bounce”, and spin.

Did you know there's 50 different ways to hit a short shot?

What's truly mind blowing about this game is that I've really only scratched the surface about how many different ways it can be played

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

What's truly mind blowing about this game is that I've really only scratched the surface about how many different ways it can be played

100% spot on Sir! I've just opened up to using a 9, or an 8 or even a 7 iron to try bump-n-runs instead of always using the 58 to flop it in. Us weekend warrior types just don't see enough situations like the pros to instantly know what shot (or shots even) to take sometimes due to sheer lack of experience (speaking for myself of course). Great observation!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Nice work Hari! Did the same deal myself tonight swinging my new driver shaft around and had many center strikes too. Haven't heard of the v-oil trick before. I use foot powder spray instead. Is that like Pam with the flour in it?

Image1537410592.713775.jpg

Not sure that you'll get it in the states

But I find this works great and you can put it on once and you can keep hitting it as long as it stays on

It sprays out as a foam and doesn't run or liquefy

Sent from my iPod touch using MyGolfSpy

Dexterity:

-Tiger was always great at figuring out the best way to hit a shot.

Great imagination, combined with intelligent practice makes these things possible.

When I practice, I have a very specific shot in mind for every swing. I do not just randomly slug ball after ball- Willy nilly

I've got a very specific cause and result plan every time I hit a ball. It doesn't always happen as I plan for it to happen, but you can learn a lot by mistakes too.

I personally think it's a waste of time to pound ball after ball without having some plan for the ball. Even if it's just working for a little cut, or a lower flight, or perhaps an easier swing, etc.

I try to take advantage of the time I do get to practice, to be beneficial to my specific game.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

-Tiger was always great at figuring out the best way to hit a shot.

Great imagination, combined with intelligent practice makes these things possible.

When I practice, I have a very specific shot in mind for every swing. I do not just randomly slug ball after ball- Willy nilly

I've got a very specific cause and result plan every time I hit a ball. It doesn't always happen as I plan for it to happen, but you can learn a lot by mistakes too.

I personally think it's a waste of time to pound ball after ball without having some plan for the ball. Even if it's just working for a little cut, or a lower flight, or perhaps an easier swing, etc.

I try to take advantage of the time I do get to practice, to be beneficial to my specific game.

THIS is an incredible post. I've long thought that just blasting away on the range has "some" merits, but have always thought too that there must be a better way to practice. While it's indeed tempting to fire shot after shot, the more mental aspect like you use is veeeery intriguing the more I hear about it. A recent post (sorry, forget who made it) mentioned that they simulate a round at the range, especially if preparing for a tournament. I am not involved enough to want to participate in tournaments or even leagues (yet), but my subconscious screams at me (a lot) that just pounding shot after shot on the range with no imagination is nothing more than mental masturbation of sorts. Good stuff Sluggo!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Went out again last nihht with my new to ke 905r. Didnt putt every hole. just focused on getting used to a driver in my bag again. Never hurt me but what it did was give me a club or three shorter irons on approach over my nirmal 3w, 5w, or hybrid off the tee. Made two of the par 5s reachable again. If Ll goes as plannned in rhe off season, it will make 3 of them reachable if I czn at least get a baby draw out of it.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Well.....I tried on the new cap from Puma/Cobra that I won.

Still waiting for the rest.file-FC3D4F7B-3E75-4CB3-9B40-2162B321E90C-6386-0000088B8E254BE1.jpg

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8's from Cobra

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I worked on using my radar and Swing Caddy for the upcoming Swing Speed trainer test!

It was serendipitous because I struggled a bit with driver and 3 wood on Sunday. It took me a bit but a worked it out today.

Also checked in on the fairway redo by playing 2 and 3 and taking a short cut to get to 8,9 and 18. It's coming along but I don't see the holes open in early October as promised.

That section of the fairway was unplayable last winter.

IMG_1352.JPG

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I worked on slowly increasing my swing speed. Its funny how far I can hit a 60° when I do less than a 25% swing with a faster swing. It was something the pro I took a lesson or two from gave me advice to do when I started. He told me to become a better ball striker I should focus on that with a smooth swing for one whole year, which I have done all year. I lost distance with the smooth swing but boy have I made some crisp iron shots. This will be what I practice for the next few weeks and then continue over the winter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah this seems to especially apply with the more lofted wedges - the faster you swing thru it, the more spin you generate and the higher/shorter the flight is....

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I actually worked on my short short wedges.

I played with the “bounce”, and spin.

Did you know there's 50 different ways to hit a short shot?

"only" 50?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

THIS is an incredible post. I've long thought that just blasting away on the range has "some" merits, but have always thought

t

oo that there must be a better way to practice. While it's indeed tempting to fire shot after shot, the more mental aspect like you use is veeeery intriguing the more I hear about it. A recent post (sorry, forget who made it) mentioned that they simulate a round at the range, especially if preparing for a tournament. I am not involved enough to want to participate in tournaments or even leagues (yet), but my subconscious screams at me (a lot) that just pounding shot after shot on the range with no imagination is nothing more than mental masturbation of sorts. Good stuff Sluggo!
Look for, "Practice With A Purpose" or "Every Shot Must Count".

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg