TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Saturday afternoon on the practice green - half hour of chipping and putting. I do that almost every weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMG_1398.JPG

Headed out to the chip and putt today. Spent about 30 mins chipping and working on wedge game. Then another 30-45 mins putting with the new Ping.

Then finished it off by hitting a bucket of balls. Trying to work out some swing inconsistencies. Having a lot of hooks with my irons lately. Think a lot of it is laziness and doing too much with my arms.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Last night I chipped about 20 balls before I had to stop as my hands were hurting. Today I did about 40 balls before it got to my hands. I then walked 18 with another member just to get some fresh air. sun, and some ecercise after being pretty inactive the last month.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

IMG_1605.JPG

Always keep a wedge, putter and sleeve in my trunk - most Saturdays I get to the practice green and chip and putt for half an hour.

I followed that pattern today.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hit the range and putting green today. Trying to rid them pesky winter kinks. After 2 buckets of balls I could tell I’m out of “golfing” shape. But that’s why I bought the unlimited balls at my courses driving range. At only $75 a year it was a no-brainer.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Hit the range, bunker and putting green this morning. Also did my first ASD protocol this afternoon.

I really worked on trying to simulate play after I warmed up - drive, approach, bunker, putt it out, drive, approach, chip putt it out.

The one bummer is that our rough is dormant - I think Innisbrook overseeds it’s rough so that could bite me.

I’m going to try and find some range time again tomorrow.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hit the range today to get into my new driver swing and work on my short game. Hit about 30 drives and 20 wedge shots then took the rest of the bucket to the chipping green... I really need to spend more time on chipping..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Spent two hours hitting balls indoors today on GC Quad and focused on gapping for carry distances. Overall the swing and clubs produced what I would have expected and it was a good session. Best result was the hybrid and two iron are essentially interchangeable based on wind conditions. The entire bag slotted where I needed it with stock swings and the 100% full swing shots got me what I needed.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, revkev said:

Hit the range, bunker and putting green this morning. Also did my first ASD protocol this afternoon.

I really worked on trying to simulate play after I warmed up - drive, approach, bunker, putt it out, drive, approach, chip putt it out.

The one bummer is that our rough is dormant - I think Innisbrook overseeds it’s rough so that could bite me.

I’m going to try and find some range time again tomorrow.

I love when things worked out - this practice session led to a not bad for this time of the year where I'm only playing 2 or 3 times a month 77 at the Innisbrook South course.  As predicted I had some trouble with the rough as it is different there from the Bayou - they seem to plant it so that you have lots of shots into the green and into the grain Bermuda, dormant or not, is extremely tricky.  I also had some issues in the 40-70 yard range - not surprising either - I haven't been playing much nor have I practiced those shots.

So I was supposed to play with Foz today but had something come up (actually the something is the President of my Church body is coming to visit the beginning of next week to do a video about Church workers at my parish - I'm going to be in the video so it's a huge deal)  I did have time to hit the range this morning which I did.  I was disappointed in my driver swing speed but just like with the SuperSpeed training I'm slower in the morning and honestly I had a bit of a hangover.  I was still up into the low to mid 90's, ball speed mid 130's, distance 225-235 on voice caddy so it wasn't horrid.  Generally speaking I'm a few yards longer with my regular ball than with range balls.  More important is that I was consistent through the bag, hitting the ball nicely and on target.

I had a flag that was 67 and one that was 82 to aim at so I did and with a couple of different wedges, alternating between the 56, 52 and 60 to execute those shots (couldn't reach the 82 with the 60 but it was fun to try).  Clearly I need that kind of work.  Funeral tomorrow so I will hit the practice green again between that service and our regular Saturday evening one.  But this week will be a lost golf week, my wife and I are going to a play Sunday after Church, Penny and I are going to Spring training on Monday, President Harrison comes on Tuesday - maybe I can go to the range again next Friday. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

IMG_1622.JPG

Weather here is gorgeous but not enough time to play means more practice.

Funeral this morning, premarital counseling session and church this evening. Brought workout clothes and SuperSpeed sticks. Did that protocol between the funeral and the counseling session. Went to the practice green at the latest cal muni to chip and putt between that session and the evening service. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Thought it would be warmer but was only 29* but it was clear so I went to the range and got a hitting bay with a space heater.
Worked on my takeaway being on plane but the major thing was less flat on the backswing. I tried to concentrate on bringing the club more to my ear at the halfway back point. Was a bit off with irons and had a tendency to draw the ball but with my driver it was working very well.
The main reason for this is that have found that I can consistently make great contact when the club is a bit more upright. I’m thinking more Justin Thomas rather than rickie Fowler and my result is in between them so far. Plenty of work to do but I was striking it great.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Spent about an hour and a half yesterday chipping and putting from various places and trying different shot types. Paid dividends during my round today. I had a couple of up and downs and would have had several more if not for some very close 2 putts. Also had 38 putts. Pretty good for me since it was my first round at a new track. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Hit a large bucket at the snow blanketed range. Been 3 weeks since hitting due to the snow, so just wanted to get some swings in. Definitely rusty.

IMG_1619.JPG

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Spent 90 minutes over the weekend on an indoor simulator. Rotated between 50/75/100/120 yard shots trying to hit each yardage with two different clubs. Surprisingly, 100 yards had the closest average by far (about 15 feet closer than 50 yards). I guess for now I have a lay up distance to aim for.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

60 degree chip shots in the living room since it won't stop raining here. I have about 20 feet to work with. I'm working on seeing how quick I can get them to stop after they land. 

I'm also considering using my 60 degree for all my chip shots going forward except bump and run of course. Is that crazy? I like having the option to spin it and have it stop on a dime if I need too. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

After doing my most wanted putter testing today and not being happy with the results I spent some time working on distance control. I would close my eyes and try to roll the ball a specific distance.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It has been disgustingly wet all week, so in an attempt to groove my swing a little, I took to the PGA Tour Superstore 5 minutes away from my work for lunch. They have practice areas with launch monitors and netting. This is the first time I have ever hit off of a launch monitor and I am perplexed. 

I took my driver and 7 iron not knowing what to expect. Long story short this monitor reported a 7 iron CARRY distance of 190 yards but an average Driver carry distance of 230...

For some perspective, my on course 7 iron distance that I hit to is closer to 160. My driver when I'm really striping it is a little better than that I think but I have no idea, which is why I went. Towards the end when I was grooving it I was getting 255 carry which feels realistic. 

Its fine because I just worked my driver and increasing that yardage and feeling what a really solid strike feels like. From starting on the monitor at about 15 yards offline to the left, I got it up to dead straight and +25 yards carry a few times. I still have no idea how far I really hit it though because I dont trust those distances at all. I do believe the shot shape looked accurate as to how I had been hitting them recently but I think I left a little more confused than when I arrived. Although I do feel like I tuned my driver swing back to what it was last season so it did have some benefit. 

I also got to roll some evnroll putters for the first time. I like the feel alot, just not sure if I am ready yet to switch. I still have improving to do with my current one. 

Anyone else have a similar experience with one of these launch monitors. For more info, it was not a trackman, nor did it look like a GC Quad or anything, I actually have no idea what it was. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

1 hour ago, bardle said:

I took my driver and 7 iron not knowing what to expect. Long story short this monitor reported a 7 iron CARRY distance of 190 yards

is that you Tiger? 😏

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

60 degree chip shots in the living room since it won't stop raining here. I have about 20 feet to work with. I'm working on seeing how quick I can get them to stop after they land. 
I'm also considering using my 60 degree for all my chip shots going forward except bump and run of course. Is that crazy? I like having the option to spin it and have it stop on a dime if I need too. 

I did the 60° wedge only chipping for a season. I’ve actually grown to like the 52° the best, a bit more predictable for me.

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I did the 60° wedge only chipping for a season. I’ve actually grown to like the 52° the best, a bit more predictable for me.

My first "real" wedge was my current Glide 2.0 58* and I took to it like a fly to honey. The 54 & 50 are just as good for me as well..I just love these clubs and good thing too since I seem to have to use them often...

IF (and that's a big IF) my 60* ever shows up, I'll be interested in seeing if I have any troubles with it, or if it'll just wind up being a wall hanger...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

My first "real" wedge was my current Glide 2.0 58* and I took to it like a fly to honey. The 54 & 50 are just as good for me as well..I just love these clubs and good thing too since I seem to have to use them often...
IF (and that's a big IF) my 60* ever shows up, I'll be interested in seeing if I have any troubles with it, or if it'll just wind up being a wall hanger...

I really loved the Glide 2.0’s when I demoed them. I’ve talked myself out of buying them twice. Now I find myself waiting for the 3.0’s.

I can’t make up my mind if I like the forged feel or the not. I know that’s blasphemy in golf talk, but I think prefer a harder feeling club. When I was testing the i200’s I loved the 8, 9, and wedge. The feel from those clubs was amazing. And the demo iblades were the best club I’ve ever felt. Just need to talk myself into committing to them, jlukes can attest I never make up my mind. I’m ready to buy a set right now, but being so far from a fitter I don’t want to spend that amount of $ without a proper fitting.

Current clubs I bought on a whim, they work. Obviously the BStone wedge test was fun, and those things will get some playing time. But if I am going to play CB irons why not play CB wedges? It I like the basic look of those things. No extra crap. Just a logo and the loft and bounce.

See here I go again.

On 2/20/2019 at 4:38 PM, Shankster said:

Took that idea to the practice green, turns out 60º from the carpet is a great idea, from the practice green, not so much. Consistency was not the same, I immediately went back to my 56...

In other news, I'm getting much more confident with my putter. All this rain has kept the range closed down so all I've been doing is chipping and putting, turns out practice works. Who woulda thought.. 🙂

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Just been messing with the Power Package as I watch the last of the tournament this evening.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

This made me laugh out loud. I have the mind of a 13 year old boy 
Oh jeese...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Took my kids to play Top Golf today and now they understand the meaning of crushing defeat. I did get in a quick 9 at Bethpage before we called it a night.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 6:17 PM, Shankster said:

..can’t make up my mind if I like the forged feel or the not. I know that’s blasphemy in golf talk, but I think prefer a harder feeling club.

As an FYI, Hogan extended their trial program to their wedges.

I'd picked up a set of three Equalizers and the first thing I noticed was a firmer feel off the face vs the Callaways I'd been using. (I generally play a soft cover, low compression ball so that didn't change.) 

I believe you can custom order to your liking for the trial, and just send it back if you don't like it 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Putt out for 2 hours (split into 20 minute sessions)

-ladder drills

- starting line

- tempo

Paper football (same rules as actual paper football, but with a 6” red zone to stop the ball in rather than a paper football hanging off the edge of a desk)

And practicing small 10-20 foot bumps n runs into the puttout with a 50 & 52 to see which was easier to control for such a short distance.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Hit a lot of balls at the range.  Should have had more mindful practice, but was looking trying to keep my chest over the ball on the downswing as well as driving the lower body and hips first.  When I would actually do this, I was really striping the ball.  Even on those that I got a bit quick on, I was contacting the ball solidly and near the middle of the face. (Good thing too since it was only about 29* outside). 

Bottom line if I can continue to not get quick with my swing and slow down, it should be a good day once the weather warms up and I'm on the course.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"