TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Heading to the range this morning to get loose for the weekend and see if this 5 wood purchase was a good idea. I have never carried one and not sure I have actually ever even hit one in all the years I have played golf.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

40 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

this 5 wood purchase

Just curious .. is this intended for a particular approach distance, or ___?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Now that weather is breaking I’ve been able to get out and work on the shallowing of the club from my lesson a couple weeks ago. Things are starting to go good with short irons I think 

7B856C45-4A8F-4DA1-926B-AE24B21CC69A.jpeg

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Just curious .. is this intended for a particular approach distance, or ___?

Hybrid replacement. The swing changes I have gone through make a hybrid no bueno for my new swing and just could get over not having that club in the bag. I need something I can choke down and hit 230 and something I can launch high and hit hard 250ish. This was my instructors suggestion and he is normally right so why the heck not give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

6 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Hybrid replacement. The swing changes I have gone through make a hybrid no bueno for my new swing and just could get over not having that club in the bag. I need something I can choke down and hit 230 and something I can launch high and hit hard 250ish. This was my instructors suggestion and he is normally right so why the heck not give it a try.

Love my 5W but there's no flighting it for me. It is either going high, or higher 😆

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Love my 5W but there's no flighting it for me. It is either going high, or higher

Had it on the course for the first time today and so far so good. Can hit a nice low bullet off the tee when I need to and get it nice and high when I want to.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

More putter practice

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

More putter practice

Same for me! Definitely improving. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Spent some time in my garage today working on my takeaway and top position. Both things I struggle with but a swing evaluation last week definitely helped that. Then hopefully my lesson next week will help with the over the top haha.

IMG_5098.JPGIMG_5099.JPG

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I've been using the DTS Compressor that@Slap let me barrow, so I've been setting up with a forward press and have really been making solid contact. So, today I went to the local golf shop and tried the Mizuno shaft analyzer and it said that I need an X-flex, very unusual for me, but I was hitting it pretty good. I really like those JPX hot metal pro irons.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

On Friday I was fortunate enough to find some time to get a refresher lesson. My instructor gave me a drill to help me focus on starting on my downswing and continuing it with my core and having my arms be along for the ride.
It’s been a few days doing the drill and I feel that my swing is more consistent when executed with my core making the turn. It’s a good swing thought and hopefully one I can maintain while playing.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Spent two hours after work hitting balls on our indoor sim. Not sure what shocked me more that I actually practiced for two hours in one day or that there was no beer involved considering our sim is next to the Mexican Cantina.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Went to the driving range and worked on the swing feeling from my lesson of turning with my core.

I found that I need a new pre-swing routine to ensure that my execution occurs. I am working to develop that routine and make sure I execute it before each swing on the range to make it stick when I finally hit the course.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Went to a SOAKED range and had to hit off mats. I’m just glad I got to swing today!!! Hit a bucket working on. Bender drill where the wrists snap into impact, knuckles down. Worked great until I went to the full swing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Went to the range today and it was ugly, really ugly. It was as if i was in someone else’s body. Sometimes that’s the best time though as I found a few things and was hitting it reasonably well towards the end.

It wasn’t until this morning that I realized that I was sore because I helped someone move the day before. I’m not 35 anymore (or 45 or 55).

Feel great today!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Been on a 5 week layoff due to the fractured finger on left hand. Last Sunday went out and hit some wedges and mid-irons. All good. Was looking forward to playing today until a cold front* blew in last night. Rain and windy today. Tomorrow back to normal with sunshine and 75* 5-10 mph.

*cold front here means 50*

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Worked on putting face control. Started with a gate that allowed for 1* of error and then made 23 out of 25 through a gate with .5* of error.

I seem to have pretty good face control with the Evnroll. Need to dial in distance

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Went to the range today and it was ugly, really ugly. It was as if i was in someone else’s body. Sometimes that’s the best time though as I found a few things and was hitting it reasonably well towards the end.

It wasn’t until this morning that I realized that I was sore because I helped someone move the day before. I’m not 35 anymore (or 45 or 55).

Feel great today!

Know what you mean, I’m not 70 anymore

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Had an hour lesson today focusing on rotation and setup. Feel miles better. Got some good stuff to work on.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Was swinging beautifully this afternoon after the Masters. Here’s a sample.

IMG_1724.JPG

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

First off, let me say that I have failed in not providing any pictures with this post.

I've really been struggling with the Driver lately, IF I keep it in the fairway, it's usually very short...like I should've hit a 4-iron short. So, today I headed out to the range at lunch just to work strictly on the Driver. I started out with my usual slices or short fades that would've been in play, but far from the green. I sprayed the face and most of my contact was heal side of center, only 1 in the dead center.

Then, I saw the guy behind me swing and it clicked, he stayed down and thru the ball. I believe this is what Clay Ballard calls the "Straight Line Release." So, (now this is gonna sound odd, and I don't recommend it for everyone) I picked a spot about 1 foot in front of my ball, and slightly right of it and I stayed focused on that spot thru my swing...results were fantastic!!! I was bombing it and had a very nice grouping in the center of the face. I don't know about trusting this method in tournament play, but I'll keep working on it at the range.

Edited by M. Parsons
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

27 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

I picked a spot about 1 foot in front of my ball, and slightly right of it and I stayed focused on that spot thru my swing...results were fantastic!!!

Sounds like .. and only guessing! .. that you are now "covering" the ball, or keeping your chest facing down towards it through impact ... ie. not lifting up early (which, of course, is one my big problems...). Keep practicing!!! 👍
(and if you can - get a pro to review your swing)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

21 hours ago, revkev said:

Was swinging beautifully this afternoon after the Masters. Here’s a sample.

IMG_1724.JPG

if that was a 6 iron you need to get on the tour😉

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

12 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Sounds like .. and only guessing! .. that you are now "covering" the ball, or keeping your chest facing down towards it through impact ... ie. not lifting up early (which, of course, is one my big problems...). Keep practicing!!! 👍
(and if you can - get a pro to review your swing)

Thanks for the tips. I do plan to get some video next time.

I’ve been working on my 35-50 yard shots with my PW. I can control the trajectory and distance better than with a 52 or 56. Might be my new go to when I don’t need the ball to stop on a dime.

IMG_5314.JPG

Yes... that is still snow from 20 minutes ago...

Drive by the course... still closed with snow everywhere. ☹️

Thanks for the tips. I do plan to get some video next time.

I wasn't able to get video because the wind kept blowing over my setup, but here are some pictures of the spot I'm focusing on while swinging my Driver.
IMG_3047.JPG
I focus on that white tee about a foot ahead of my ball, during the entire swing.
Below is a picture of my contact after one strike.
IMG_3048.JPG
Here is a picture of the grouping after 6 hits
IMG_3049.JPG

Went to the range this morning with the vintage bag and worked through it from PW to driver. No short game practice as the greens are all recently punched.

Went home, did all the yard work and thought “what the hell” and went back to the range with the modern bag for another hour or so.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

5 hours ago, Will_Mac said:

After some spring cleaning, planting, fertilizing around the putting green, I made about 30 chips and about 100 putts.

It, along with I, need more work. emoji4.png

Got pics anywhere of your putting green?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!