TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

17 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

I wasn't able to get video because the wind kept blowing over my setup, but here are some pictures of the spot I'm focusing on while swinging my Driver.
IMG_3047.JPG
I focus on that white tee about a foot ahead of my ball, during the entire swing.
Below is a picture of my contact after one strike.
IMG_3048.JPG
Here is a picture of the grouping after 6 hits
IMG_3049.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wow that greats consistent contact - you must be seeing nice distance  numbers. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Tiger winning The Masters has really inspired me again. New lease on golf. Today I made myself work on trajectory and shape. Working a small draw and fade at the beach. Kind a of pain to play off the sand today, really soft. But it makes you have good contact. Need the snow to melt so I can go work on the stinger at the range....

Man I love this game.

With my knee issue worsening, I went out with my regular Wednesday group, but didn't participate in the game.  I didn't play every hole (cart path only and fairways being pretty soggy), but focused on GIR from various distances, generally just dropping somewhere near the cart path or occassionally driving depending on the hole.  Also worked on using the Bettinardi ArmLock putter.  Sadly, the greens were much slower than normal and I struggled with distance control.

Hit the driver pretty well.  Chipping sucked. Putting sucked.  Iron play was decent.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Went to the practice green after work to chip and putt.  Concentrated on around the world drill from 3 - 5 ft with putting and the ladder drill.  Also tried to get a feel for how far I need to take the putter back to consistently putt 30 or 40 ft.  Lastly really get my ball started on my intended line.  If I misread a putt, that's one thing, but many times during my last couple rounds, I found myself pulling or pushing putts.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Went to the range late afternoon yesterday to work on playing the ball slighty further back in my stance for more crisp contact, been hitting a little turf before ball lately.

The range was packed and I hit for about 20 minutes, going up through the bag until I reached my driver. First swing I absolutely crushed and I hear “that was a beauty, an old one too”. I looked over and the gentleman in the stall next to me was commenting on my M09 persimmon driver. I happened to take my full classic bag yesterday and we proceeded to talk about my woods and my irons, and were soon joined in the conversation by the gentleman in the the stall next to me on the other side.

Well, 45 minutes passed talking golf, life, and everything else. So instead of working on my ballstriking I ended up making two new acquaintances, which is great. It’s amazing what great conversation starters the old clubs are. I’ve had so many guys come up to me at the range when they see and hear the persimmon woods. Lots of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

On 4/17/2019 at 6:16 AM, tony@CIC said:

Wow that greats consistent contact - you must be seeing nice distance  numbers. 

Thank you, and yes very much improved distance, and now my hope is that the iron play stays consistent. It usually always happens to me that once I correct one part of my game, the part that was good goes to crap.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Snuck out on the range.... 🤫

Got the irons working. Got the pull fade down pat. Jason Day height 3 iron fades. The push draw needs work. Over all I’ll give the irons 90% grade.

Wedges I must be getting a little hands cause they are launching higher than I’d like. 75%

Woods.... I’d rather not talk about. 5% or less. I hate the driver, and 3 wood. Always have.

Short putts. I’m really loving the idea of the putter shaft acting as an extension of my forearms. It has created a better large muscle movement in my stroke and has relieved the tension in my hands.

Today was short putts for speed rather than target. The goal was to create a repeatable stroke based upon that distance so I can focus on the line while trusting the speed.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Back to “chipping & putting” seriously since my shoulder surgery.
Chipping is inconsistent but the putting is coming into form.
Hope can put it all together in a few weeks when Doc lets me loose.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

About all I can really do until this knee gets taken care of is to practice putting....so, using an indoor mat, that's what I'm doing.  Getting a lot better with the 5-6 foot range using the arm lock putter.  Figuring it out!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Walked a practice 9 today to just work on some of the basics.   Pitching/chipping wasn't too bad,  hit a bad one on the first hole but did pretty well the rest of the way.   Worked a little on my irons to stop hitting the ball fat; wondering if all the different irons and shafts I hit during most wanted are having an effect on my ball striking.   Lag putting was on point today; starting to get used to the EvnRoll.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

About all I can really do until this knee gets taken care of is to practice putting....so, using an indoor mat, that's what I'm doing.  Getting a lot better with the 5-6 foot range using the arm lock putter.  Figuring it out!

If weather is good where you are can you putt outside? It sure is great when your practice outside. Even though I can’t play yet being out on practice green helps me from getting bored.
Side note, shoulder blade froze last week, it took 2 physical therapy sessions and the therapist unfroze it. Great feeling.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I went to the range for the first time in quite awhile. I worked on the drills Mike Bender gave me, and hit two buckets of balls. It was a good session!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

29 minutes ago, Rickp said:

If weather is good where you are can you putt outside? It sure is great when your practice outside. Even though I can’t play yet being out on practice green helps me from getting bored.
Side note, shoulder blade froze last week, it took 2 physical therapy sessions and the therapist unfroze it. Great feeling.

Yes, I can still get on the practice green.  Problem is the amount of time that I can comfortably practice before the pain becomes an issue, which reduces any quality of practice.  With the indoor mat, I can putt for 5 minutes or so, then do something else and come back later.   Surgery in a week, then not sure when I can get the time in

Yes, I can still get on the practice green.  Problem is the amount of time that I can comfortably practice before the pain becomes an issue, which reduces any quality of practice.  With the indoor mat, I can putt for 5 minutes or so, then do something else and come back later.   Surgery in a week, then not sure when I can get the time in

Man, you’re knee is a lot worse than mine. Get that surgery, PT and get back to practice & play. We’re all rooting for you!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Thanks man!  I'll push through hard with the PT and be back ASAP!

Thanks man!  I'll push through hard with the PT and be back ASAP!

I was never a big believer in PT but I am now after 2 shoulders.

Rick

Left Hand, 

18 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I was never a big believer in PT but I am now after 2 shoulders.

It's a must for a knee replacement...shoulder, too, I would think.

IMG_1749.JPG

Just me and the Eagles on the range today. Golf is such a stupid game. When I played last I couldn’t do a thing right and was ready to quit. I had no time to touch a club the rest of the week although I did a SuperSpeed workout on Saturday.

I had a few too many cocktails last night. Slept in this morning and hit the range at 1230. Hit balls for two hours. My worst misshit during that time was better than my best shot last Tuesday. My driver was long, straight just a hint of draw. I was all over a flag that was 137 away with 9 iron. Averaged 161 on 10 7 irons, 190 with 4 hybrid and could adeptly alternate between a flag at 87 and another at 52 with either my 56 or 60 or switching between the two in the middle of the sequence. For yucks I went in the bunker and felt as if I could hole any shot I wanted (I didn’t but I was getting them inside of 10 feet).

Golf is a stupid game.

Best wishes to Carl and Rick on your recoveries!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hit the range late this morning to work on my swing. When I work on the drills from my last lesson consistently, things improve. But then I like to focus on playing golf... And I get away from those things.

Today was a focus on turning my left shoulder under and down to increase my shoulder plane angle, and then staying down through impact.

Beautiful strikes, ball fought and distance when I stick with it. Gotta keep practicing and repeating to make it stick. But really hoping it's a great year for my swing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Since signing up for a lesson series with Golftec, I've done mostly indoor practice and one outdoor range/putting session. The immediate feedback from the Foresight system and with video playback right away it has made a world of difference in making my practice sessions effective. Those were things I didn't have available with my previous coach.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Pitch shots from 20,25,30,35, 40 yards -- 23 balls each distance and then chipping any that didn't land or stay on the green.  Putting for about 30 minutes from 3 foot, 6 foot, 10 foot, and 20 foot distances (our main putting practice green was just punched and had full load of sand on it, so I had to use the smaller practice area).  20 minutes - Full swings with a 6 iron, focusing on flight...a few forced hooks to exaggerate forearm rotation and inside path.  Working on clubface position at 1/2 way point and top of swing, as well as hip rotation.  Overdid it a bit with my knee, so I went home to rest.

IMG_1749.thumb.JPG.c2a6beed95fb461ab24e2f84b5ede937.JPG

Just me and the Eagles on the range today. Golf is such a stupid game. When I played last I couldn’t do a thing right and was ready to quit. I had no time to touch a club the rest of the week although I did a SuperSpeed workout on Saturday.

I had a few too many cocktails last night. Slept in this morning and hit the range at 1230. Hit balls for two hours. My worst misshit during that time was better than my best shot last Tuesday. My driver was long, straight just a hint of draw. I was all over a flag that was 137 away with 9 iron. Averaged 161 on 10 7 irons, 190 with 4 hybrid and could adeptly alternate between a flag at 87 and another at 52 with either my 56 or 60 or switching between the two in the middle of the sequence. For yucks I went in the bunker and felt as if I could hole any shot I wanted (I didn’t but I was getting them inside of 10 feet).

Golf is a stupid game.

Best wishes to Carl and Rick on your recoveries!

Thanks Rev!
I knew you couldn’t quit
We can’t, we’re all golf addicts

Rick

Left Hand, 

19 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I knew you couldn’t quitemoji16.png
We can’t, we’re all golf addictsemoji33.png

Even thru pain and sickness, we manage to somehow, some way, get our fill of golf -- either via the course, tour play on the tele, or by chatting with other addicts on MSG....LOL

Out in the yard freezing my butt off I’ve been working on my traj windows.

There’s a forked birch tree that has anywhere from 3-9’ gap between it. Full of branches. But the goal was to hit a low, med, and high shot about 70 yards with the PW.

Was dialing them up perfectly, one draw and one fade of each height from different angles.

I felt like a kicker out there kicking game winners.

Makes practice worth something if you only have a small window to hit through. No room for faking it.

After watching the PK video with Tiger and Butch I am employing Tigers technique for pitching.

Rib high follow through is a nice low one.

Shoulder is a nice medium traj.

Full finish is nice and high.

All varying the distance with each shot.

Same ball position with the same amount of shaft lean. Keeps the variables at a minimum. Right in the center of a narrower stance, crowding the ball with a less leaned over address. Chin up arms connected.... it works. Really well. Just need to practice it with the rest of the irons.

I don’t think I’ve ever centered more shots in my life.

Out in the yard freezing my butt off I’ve been working on my traj windows.

There’s a forked birch tree that has anywhere from 3-9’ gap between it. Full of branches. But the goal was to hit a low, med, and high shot about 70 yards with the PW.

Was dialing them up perfectly, one draw and one fade of each height from different angles.

I felt like a kicker out there kicking game winners.

Makes practice worth something if you only have a small window to hit through. No room for faking it.

After watching the PK video with Tiger and Butch I am employing Tigers technique for pitching.

Rib high follow through is a nice low one.

Shoulder is a nice medium traj.

Full finish is nice and high.

All varying the distance with each shot.

Same ball position with the same amount of shaft lean. Keeps the variables at a minimum. Right in the center of a narrower stance, crowding the ball with a less leaned over address. Chin up arms connected.... it works. Really well. Just need to practice it with the rest of the irons.

I don’t think I’ve ever centered more shots in my life.

Shouldn’t have said anything... back to sucking terribly again....

Good news is I think the range is opening tomorrow. So I don’t have to worry about my windows or kids running in front of me anymore.

No one was at the range today and since I just spent a looooonnnnggggg Easter weekend with the kids I spent nearly 2 hours practicing.

I did my normal progression through the bag short to long then went to the short game area and worked on chipping for a long time which was much more pleasurable since the greens are nearly healed from their punch and topping.

I then spent nearly a half an hour hitting bunker shots with the Sandy Andy.

I wrapped up with fairway bunker practice which I was sorely lacking. I played 7 holes with a buddy on Sunday and twice ended up in fairway bunkers and both times got out but nowhere near the green, once hitting it much too fat which would have been a perfect out for a green side bunker, but worthless from 150 yards out. Today’s practice helped a ton for something I have been neglecting in my game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Finally got out to the range for the first time in nearly a week. My new swing was rusty as heck at the start, but I was really happy that I was able to work through the drill from my instructor and see immediate positive results.

I really need to make sure that I do the drill everyday so that way my muscle memory doesn’t slip away as quickly as it did this time.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

This morning was just perfect weather. Putted 1st for about 20 minutes and putting is definitely coming back, speed distance are working.
After that went to chipping green and even that was working, no real bad shots, scary stuff. Again another 20-30 minutes then home to ice shoulder.
Really feels good to b on a green , won’t be long now

Rick

Left Hand,