TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

True. Greens weren’t as fast either probably.

All due respect to Mr. Hogan but some of his advice isn't tailored to the "average" golfer....some of it is, but there are some things that are either dated or just won't work for guys that don't practice/play frequently.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

All due respect to Mr. Hogan but some of his advice isn't tailored to the "average" golfer....some of it is, but there are some things that are either dated or just won't work for guys that don't practice/play frequently.

Of course. Now we have bounce, and moi.

Technology has changed the way we play for sure. Wish I had 8+ hours a day to devote to this game.

We got more rain again today, so the range was closed. Practice green was wide open and dry, thankfully. Rolled quite a few putts working on maintaining very little tension in my arms and shoulders.

I only had my 54 degree wedge in my practice bag, so I also worked on chipping from the green-side rough. Surprisingly, it only took me about five balls to get the video above.

Chipping has been love/hate relationship for me so far this year. During the last couple of weeks, I've moved the ball further back in my stance and that has helped me to strike it most consistently and get more consistent roll out. I really paid attention today to the amount of grass behind the ball and the amount of roll out I get. Amazing how much more spin you can get with a good, clean lie, even with my Top Flite D2+ Feels (surlyn) that are in my shagging tube. 

Something I've never much considered but is very apparent to me after the last few weeks: For me, there is no "one size fits all" club to chip with. I tried to chip everything with my 54 degree wedge early this season and it cost me. Now, I'm definitely paying more attention to the lie, path to hole, etc. For example, I've found that from tighter fairway or fringe lies, the pitching wedge is the right way to go for me. The additional bounce allows so much more forgiveness if I don't catch the ball perfectly clean.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

Of course. Now we have bounce, and moi. emoji16.png
Technology has changed the way we play for sure. Wish I had 8+ hours a day to devote to this game.

you do! don't sleep! 😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

you do! don't sleep! 

Man. I just turned 36. I need my recovery sleep. Normal stuff I used to do like play 27 holes in a day takes a lot out of me.

Since turning 35 it’s been a downhill slide, even though I am eating healthier, exercising more, etc. just like a light switch went off.

Must have been all of those years of not taking care of myself.... falling down hills on mountain bikes, falling off skateboards on concrete...

7 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

....furthermore; why would you carry a club in your bag that you can't feel good about putting a full swing on?

not that you SHOULD do it, but if the situation calls for it.

Like @cnosil I rarely use my 58 for full swings but if I'm at the right distance with the right lie I have no problem doing it.  I suppose it's probably me, but when I try just less than a full swing I seem to decelerate on make a bad swing.

If I have to lay up I try to lay up to a full 52 or 56 degree wedge shot.  Much better results for me than a 50 yard guess.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Man. I just turned 36. I need my recovery sleep. Normal stuff I used to do like play 27 holes in a day takes a lot out of me.

Since turning 35 it’s been a downhill slide, even though I am eating healthier, exercising more, etc. just like a light switch went off.

Must have been all of those years of not taking care of myself.... falling down hills on mountain bikes, falling off skateboards on concrete...

36! Your still a yougster

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Age is young. Body is falling apart.

Hope not, your not going to like being 70+.
I canceled my tee time for Monday as my knee is not good and shoulder has a bit too much soreness. Be careful .

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I canceled my tee time for Monday as my knee is not good and shoulder has a bit too much soreness. Be careful .

Trying. Shoulder is finally back to near 100%. I am having knee problems myself, 12 years on boats getting beat up is really taking a toll me.

Yeah. If I keep going on the trajectory I’m on I’ll need to be the bionic man to be able to move when my age doubles.

Take care of yourself too!

On 6/20/2019 at 4:27 AM, Shankster said:

I am benching my 60° this year. I’ve already taken strokes off my game.

Think I am going to change my set up to 50, 55.

If I benched my 60º I would be adding strokes to my game.  It's my goto around the green.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

I canceled my tee time for Monday as my knee is not good and shoulder has a bit too much soreness. Be careful 

I was going to say the same thing!!  At 36 I was fearless and recovered fairly quickly.  At 46 I didn't. so I took up golf... now at 72 I don't recover very well from golf!!

Take care everyone!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 6/20/2019 at 5:13 AM, cnosil said:

My follow up question would be what is that max swing you should put on those wedges? 1/2? 3/4? A little less than full?

I use full on my 54; it is my 100 yard club and I hit it well. 58 generally sits in the bag and comes out for greenside pitches and chips.

My answer is I Don't Know.  Maybe I could hit better shots if I knew exactly how far a 1/2 or 3/4 shot goes with each wedge, but honestly I'm not good enough to put that swing on a shot every single time.  If anything, I'm consistently inconsistent.  

It's purely feel for me.  How much energy do I put into a basketball shot from various distances?  It's certainly not 100% for every shot.  It's much like the way I putt... looking at the hole when I make a stroke.  I judge the distance, figure about how much the ball will roll, and pick where I want to land the ball on the green.  I can look at a shot and I know that my usual shot with my 60º isn't enough, so out comes the 54º.  

Because I don't hit every shot perfectly, I will get different results every time, but I am not a pro so I expect that.  However, I feel like I do pretty well for my abilities.  Could I do better?  Sure, it's why I keep practicing, and why I've gotten better at my feel shots over the years.

If I had to guess, I hit my 54º around 80y with what I think is an 80% swing.  My 60º comes out on shots inside 40y, but I will also use my 54º at that yardage depending on where the pin is on the green and I need more roll.

I did another driver-heavy range session last evening in the 90* heat that just about wore me out. After my lousy performance last Sunday, I kept wondering why I had such an awful day driving and it dawned on me that I had yet again regressed my grip back to weak and I should-a have known better. So I worked on that and also keeping the face closed which is a struggle for me since my left wrist has limited function. Saw a new video by one of my favorites and it inspired me to give this drill a try...
[/url] Man what a difference! Of 20 recorded shots on my ES 12, I averaged a phenomenal 242.6 calculated total distance!! Additionally the slice & "power-fades" were nowhere to be seen and that for me is a rare event for sure. If I do the right thing with my wrists, I can actually feel the club release as is passes through the ball and my arms feel as if they are being stretched. It feels really powerful and I just gotta figure out how to get that feeling to the course and keep it there.

90 sounds refreshing! Can’t wait until it gets back down there again for us - but that won’t be until October. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

43 minutes ago, revkev said:

90 sounds refreshing! Can’t wait until it gets back down there again for us - but that won’t be until October. :(

Aaaaaand, I'm sure there's a wee bit of humidity involved there too...just a bit...🥵. My only time spent in Florida was many, many years ago when my new wife & I trekked out there to visit all the Orlando attractions as well as the space center (highlight for me btw). I remember stepping off the plane and just being hammered with what felt like a wall of moisture and heat the likes I've never felt before. All I did was sweat all week and walk around in absolutely soaked clothing every day...and I didn't even golf!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

After two fairly good rounds, today was a day to see if I am able to do things a bit better with a group of my clubs.  I only hit my 6i, 7i, and 9i.  

The goals were two fold: a much more predictable and usable loft as well as a better line in the shot.

All performed better than they did on the last rounds, with the exception of a push -to-hook a few times.  

The 9i was the best, the 6i was the least good until I had warmed up a bit more.

However...

I have got to stop trying to wallop the shots. If I just make a solid swing I tend to be on a good distance, good loft and acceptable line.  

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Today's grouping was the hybrids : 3h, 4h, and 5h. They are 19º, 23º, and 25º.

Started out with about 15 swings with the Orange Whip® to get out a few kinks from a busy week of golf activities.

I did 10 balls with each.

3h was only off the deck.  I have really worked to plant a good set-up and swing.  Loft is much better, but not overly high.  Quick rise at the MOI but rarely gets above 20'.  Distance was an average of 165 and range off the line was about 5 yards either way.  No pull hooks was the major joy.

4h was also only off the deck.  Much more loft with a good average distance of 145. Had one pull hook, but that was the result of a poor swing by me.  I felt it coming mid-swing but I have not mastered the act of stopping mid-swing.  Other than that weird one, the looked good.

5h was again, my inconsistent one off the turf.  If there was a better loft than last time on the course.  Most had a strong height with a nice roll.  Even the ones that were a danger to gophers got an ok distance of about 125.  140 was the "non deadly"  average.  It was the deviation from line that needs work. I mostly hooked and even with simply aiming to cover for it, I was not happy. 

I took a few extra swats with the 5h off a low tee. They were about the same in distance but a bit nicer in alignment and loft.

I may take the same grouping tomorrow to try to maintain a better consistency.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Got some input back from my coach via online lessons. He submitted some drills for me to work on, and answered some questions I had. Excited to move down the line as it’s a really rough patch right now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Practice is not equivalent to playing. Went to the course early yesterday and practiced pitching and chipping. I did really well and felt comfortable with how I was doing and was hitting my landing spots. Started my round and they were chunked, short, and bladed. Probably only hit 3 decent shots inside 50 yards. I try to practice from various lies and I guess it is just the lack of pressure during practice that contributes to the success.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I hit a small bucket trying to work on the hybrid. It’s not so bad off the tee. Off the ground though is still blah. I just can’t get confident.

Irons and wedges were *really* solid. I ended with a 7i that dropped right on the 150 marker where I was aiming. Now THAT gave me some confidence. Can I take it to the course? Who knows????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Took my newly finished Macgregor combo set to the range again today. Been working on using a stronger grip to keep my long irons from the fade I’ve developed lately. It feels unnatural but ball is staying on target instead of that dreaded 10-15 yard leak to the right so I think I’ve got it under control.

I’ve enjoyed going back to the Mac’s from my KZG’s. The KZG’s are by no means large but the Mac’s just have the size and shape I like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

IMG_1096.JPG

First day of a much needed vacation today. Slept in, took Penny shopping and then hit the range.

Spent first 20 minutes around the green, then hit 3 balls with every club in the bag, a few driver 7 iron, driver 8 iron combos, some partial wedges,- few shots out of the rough, went to the putting green and now at Starbucks having my afternoon coffee break.

The picture of my bag is a tease for the Ping long club fitting test. I’m working hard on the stuff that was fit for. I can say that I really hit driver well - it’s not a part of the test.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

After my disastrous club champ qualifying fiasco last Saturday I fumed for the last 2 days. But as we golfers are keen/mad/stupid/committed/ I was keen to get down the range today and 'sort something out'.

I felt positive and after the first 6 shots that were as bad as Saturday, my positivity turned into gloom and potentially accepting I'm chasing swing fixes every single Gawd Damn day!...........that work for a day then kick me in the guts.

So I set up as normal and made one small but huge change in set up and the results were like I was a teenager again. 6 iron, 5 iron, 4w and driver were all struck sweetly. I'm hoping this one lasts more than 1 day 😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

21 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I hit a small bucket trying to work on the hybrid. It’s not so bad off the tee. Off the ground though is still blah. I just can’t get confident.

Irons and wedges were *really* solid. I ended with a 7i that dropped right on the 150 marker where I was aiming. Now THAT gave me some confidence. Can I take it to the course? Who knows???? emoji2373.png

Hit your hybrid like your 7i... your welcome!  😁

Seriously, I have a similar problem; I'm a sweeper and my tendency is to sweep hybrids too much.  I do better when I hit them more like an iron.  It will feel more solid.

Hit your hybrid like your 7i... your welcome!  
Seriously, I have a similar problem; I'm a sweeper and my tendency is to sweep hybrids too much.  I do better when I hit them more like an iron.  It will feel more solid.

Believe me, I’ve tried that!!! Among many other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Went to the range yesterday afternoon.  Had to put the F8 irons on a time out because of bad play the last league night so I swapped bags with the old Mizuno MP57s and TM woods.  Kept hitting off the toe so it must of been me and not the equipment 😁😂🤣.  The F8's are back in the bag as are the Cobra woods...for now....

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Got to the range before the kids tennis/golf camp invaded and continued working on using a stronger grip to promote more of a draw in my long irons. Was trying differing amounts of left hand grip to alter my shots.

Took out a newly finished Cleveland Classic TC15 driver that just came off the drying rack and gave it a little test run. Unfortunately the stalls were moved way forward on the range today and a tailwind meant it was only about 190 to the net at the end of the range so I only hit a few with it. It was my first time hitting a persimmon head on a graphite shaft and I was pleasantly surprised with the feel and performance. Best of all, with my stronger grip I was getting a nice draw on my drives, felt really lovely.

This driver needed a bit more work than usual as part of the face on the top line needed to be patched with epoxy where there was wood loss, and the sole was used by a previous owned to pound on rocks but it is back on the course and looks pretty good.

A before and after of the Cleveland Classic.

IMG_0839.thumb.jpg.ec7db1502cff91a1ad05b4fb561e24a4.jpg

IMG_1310.thumb.jpg.05903e269e9b3b07d7e913295e576824.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Just a little work on the range with the driver (mats out rather than grass today) and then some putting practice.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

We began a series of days not conductive to the most healthy conditions for us older golfers.  While my conditions are not difficult in terms of breathing, the climbing heat is not good.  By this weekend, we could hit 112º-115º. So, if I don't tee it up by 7:30 or so, I might not.

But, today was not set for a round.  I spent all of the practice with my 50º wedge taking 30 strikes.  The goal was to hit at a number of targets to work on distance and direction with a nod or two towards loft.

The long full shots at 110+ yards  were a great start.  The "+" comes from the post landing roll.  And today, with the exception of a rare try, they were fairly spot on in terms of direction.  While I was hitting full shots, I worked very hard to not tense up and try to overpower the shot.  That is always a problem for me with all 3 wedges.

Less full shots seemed to give up only distance, though it was harder to be consistent in how far I cold expect.  This was a major fault with the wedges in my last round. This needs greater focus.

I do not have a round until next week.  And given the conditions until then, an early morning range set will be just fine to shore things up a little more.

Tomorrow I will work on the 56º.