TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Been playing with opening my stance a little with my putting stroke. No real practice just on the course experimenting.  I putted similar to Jack Nicklaus for most of my life but it is hard on my back to practice so I went more upright and square.  I struggle with alignment when upright.  .  If I open up it seem to fit my eye better and I get things started on my line easier.   No real proof its better, I just feel like my misses are much smaller and my confidence seems higher.  I've only made one decent length putt the last few rounds doing this and 1 3 putt, but burning the edge often.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

6 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Been playing with opening my stance a little with my putting stroke. No real practice just on the course experimenting.  I putted similar to Jack Nicklaus for most of my life but it is hard on my back to practice so I went more upright and square.  I struggle with alignment when upright.  .  If I open up it seem to fit my eye better and I get things started on my line easier.   No real proof its better, I just feel like my misses are much smaller and my confidence seems higher.  I've only made one decent length putt the last few rounds doing this and 1 3 putt, but burning the edge often.

I putted for several years with an open stance ala Jack.  I did OK, but that's not saying a lot from how I putted before!  It did suit my eye better as I'm right eye dominant.  My problem was looking up too quickly to see the putt... ultimately not go in.  🙄

Then I experimented with a square stance, trusting my line I had chosen, and focused on speed only.  I started looking at the hole so I didn't move my head/eyes to look.  I started with short less than 5 foot putts, then eventually worked back to long putts as I became more comfortable with it.  Now it's natural and I'm much more consistent.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Since LSU was blasting OU, went to the range for a medium bucket. Didnt put my contacts in and didnt use my glasses either. Not too sure I didnt strike the ball better with no correction. 

Kind of going over basics with ball placement being my main focus for the night. I think I tend to lose that focus at times and certain clubs tend to creep too far forward and then I end up pulling it a bit. . 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Hit the range today while listening to the Packer game. There’s nothing like newly over seeded thin lie wet ground to expose swing flaws. Forced me to do a drill my teacher gave me, full swing, half speed 7 irons,try to get it to start left and curve right. It took a while but I got it. After that I hit the ball great, even 6 iron was flying high and straight.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

This is a day late, but I went to the range yesterday to try to work on some things that really messed up my game last Saturday. I started off with my wedges and still had some problems hitting anything that looked like a decent shot. I was shanking, topping, and chunking like crazy. It was like going to Waffle House and getting hashbrowns. The only way I didn't order my wedges seemed to be crisp.

Moved over to the irons, I'm working on an overlap style grip, and was hitting them good. I want to try to take some of the tension out of my hands and feel I can really loosen up my right hand this way.

My driver and 3 wood were pretty accurate and I was happy to see that I didn't hit big slices. Still need to work on centering contact, though.

20191231_162154-01.jpeg

After going through the bag I went back to the wedges and realized I was missing one thing: acceleration. When I played Saturday, I was trying to baby my chip shots and pitches. I started to rely on swing length and attacking the ball and, viola! Beautiful, high shots.

Finished out the day on the putting green for about forty five minutes and that was it. I left the range with a great ending to 2019 and am looking forward to what this new year will bring.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Solid day off the tee.  Mostly to get the muscles moving after New Year apathy!

all speed covered around 105 and distance hovering between 195 and 205.  Too much spray, though, off line.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

This morning I went downstairs to run my daughter’s laundry. While down there, I grabbed my 8 iron, gripped it and held it at address. Picked it up and put it back in the bag and went back upstairs. 😊

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Been watching videos on controlling flight with my wedges. Went out this morning for a bucket but found its almost pointless to practice it off of mats.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I finally got to the range again today and was finally able to do some drills hitting balls where I could see what was going on. I’ll say this, what I saw was quite promising! If I can continue to work on my leg action (front knee sliding past the front heel/back knee going toward the ball), things could get really good.
Just hitting 6-8 irons, and my Vega wedges for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Focused today on proper sequence of a full swing with my 7i and driver to get better ball and swing speeds at consistent levels.  This week, ball speed has gained about 12-15 mph primarily as a result of making sure the right hip begins the process of the down swing. When it does not work well, it is more the result of brain fart meeting old body as much as anything else. Improved strikes with better speed resulted in about 15-29 yards.  Not 100% automatic yet.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

So, my wedge game has been TRASH lately, (I mean WORSE than the rest of it ). Had some free time today and stopped at Haas Family Golf (shameless plug for Jay, Jay Jr & Bill) and hit nothing but wedges for an hour. Moved a bit away from the ball and moved the ball position back a good bit, and “Voila!” I love this game again. BTW: If you’re looking for wedges, and don’t have Ping in your list, it’s a mistake, IMO. These beauties are money, even in my less than stellar hands. IMG_7092.JPGIMG_7093.JPG

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Well, I did something very stupid while practicing today. 😎 It’s been three weeks since I’ve gotten up to the simulator to hit balls, and during that time, I’ve been putting for a few hours every day. Well, my putting grip is a reverse overlap and my regular grip is just a plain overlap. So in my incomprehensible genius, my instinct was to just grab a club and swing with a reverse overlap. Needless to say, the first 30 minutes didn’t go that well. (Not that the next 30 minutes with my proper grip went much better.🤷🏼‍♂️) At least I identified a grip that isn’t for me. 😜

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Got back from the range a while ago. Ever since I started hitting the gym and doing Super Speed Golf, I've started hitting a bad slice with a driver so just wanted to work on that a bit before I tee it up again. Managed to get driver back to a more reasonable fade (for the most part). Still some work to do... Stopped by the putting green for a while before I left. Been working at home on some setup adjustments and wanted to check that out on a real green. Also, the course I've been frequenting has some pretty slow greens so I wanted to practice somewhere that's rolling a bit faster.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Ever been the *only* golfer at a course? Happened to me a few days ago when I went to my local course to practice. Yeah it was chilly .. 31° .. but clear and no breeze so not too bad (relatively speaking!).

Briefly considered taking advantage of that rare opportunity and playing solo, but .. already had my mind set on practice, especially some putting and chipping, plus I was layered up and wearing thick gloves. Plus I wanted to work on some of things I've been going over in a recent series of lessons...

Had a good and productive practice sesh, trying to get all the "new" swing elements going, so it all worked out!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Ever been the *only* golfer at a course? Happened to me a few days ago when I went to my local course to practice. Yeah it was chilly .. 31° .. but clear and no breeze so not too bad (relatively speaking!).
Briefly considered taking advantage of that rare opportunity and playing solo, but .. already had my mind set on practice, especially some putting and chipping, plus I was layered up and wearing thick gloves. Plus I wanted to work on some of things I've been going over in a recent series of lessons...
[/url] Had a good and productive practice sesh, trying to get all the "new" swing elements going, so it all worked out!

31*?! Good gracious. I don’t even STEP outside when it’s that cold! Good on ya!

[/url] Had a good and productive practice sesh, trying to get all the "new" swing elements going, so it all worked out!

31*, no way I’d be out there!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Thanks to how unseasonably warm it was this weekend I was able to get 2 days outside, and in short sleeves to top it off. Been really working on controlling my wedges better so hit a lot of 60 to 70 yard shots on Saturday. Sunday I played 9, just enjoying it, have new irons on the way so was a nice little send off for my current set.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 1/12/2020 at 9:35 PM, PMookie said:

On 1/13/2020 at 6:26 AM, Rickp said:

31*emoji33.png, no way I’d be out there!

Ha ha, I said.. RELATIVELY mild (for NY in the middle of January)!!! 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Hit the range for my birthday (as if I needed an excuse...) in preparation for my lesson tomorrow. Worked on takeaway changes from my last lesson and also on making sure my grip doesn't weaken. The last two trips to the range before have been awful, I realized today that my grip still was too weak and I was doing some funky things with my right hand, too. Once I fixed those issues, my distance came back.

I'm very glad I decided to spend money on lessons as I've made more progress in limited practice since November than I did all year. Right now I'm feeling like I'm one small change away from playing some very good golf by next spring. I snapped a shot at the top of my driver swing today versus the top my driver swing during the MGS Epic Flash testing last spring. I can't believe the difference:

backswings.jpg.728dfe577920efd0bbdaa84ba9f2ec92.jpg

Now, there are still plenty of things that are not ideal about the new swing, but I spent all year trying to get my hands more up and less around and in one month I've had a lot of success doing so. This allows me to lengthen my swing quite a bit, and I'm getting a lot more speed as a result.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Fell in love with my driver all over again!

30 shots today, average distance 230 yards, for me same at 360+ for Tiger in terms of joy!

Fairly good dispersion! Nice roll!

Improved speed for the weapon.

May it act the same tomorrow on the round!

Bugs-1.jpeg

It's been rainy here the last couple of weekends and I haven't been able to get out and practice, until today. It was a beautiful, dry, 43 degree day and ripe for a range session.

Today while hitting, I met a man named W.T. who was working at the course and he asked if he could give me a little advice. He told me he once was on the path to be certified to be a teacher, but with his first child on the way his wife gave him a choice, diapers or golf. A wise man, he chose diapers. He told me my swing looked good, but I needed to move the ball back a hair (8 iron) and to start the swing just a little more to the inside.

Now, to be honest, I tend to hit the ball all over the face of my club. Shot 1: dead center. Shot 2: dead center. I hit a total of six shots that were just stacked. I was using spray powder to see where I was hitting and I wish I would have taken a photo. I will say that he had never thought about using spray powder and that he has always used impact tape, so I guess I was able to return the favor and teach him something.

I moved on to driver after he walked back over to the maintenance shop and hit some pretty nice shots into an area of the range I designated as a fairway. To give an idea of how much I improved, here's a photo from December 31 of how I was hitting areas from center to toe.

20191231_162154-01.jpeg

Here's my shots from today, I still need to work on consistency up and down, but I'm not getting shots coming off the toe or heel.

20200117_152027-01.jpeg

I'm hoping since I'm off next week I can get back out and see if I can replicate the magic both on the range and the course, weather permitting. He did give me a drill I can work on even indoors to keep the feeling I was getting today. I know you all have heard of holding a basketball and rotating with it. I plan on practicing it a lot to get the correct feeling on the takeaway. I have been working on the extreme inside takeaway I used to have and think I had over compensated leading me to coming back too far outside.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Good day through the bag!  Solid distance and dispersion, clubs all were within expectations.

90 shots, only one slice, two hook pulls, and one fat shot. if I had this result during a round, I would pay for all at the 19th hole!

joe cool.jpeg

On 1/12/2020 at 7:35 PM, PMookie said:

I'm from Wisconsin, we grill out at 31º, LOL

I'm from Wisconsin, we grill out at 31º, LOL

I grew-up in Michigan, but SO glad I don’t have to do that anymore! Yuck!!!

We’ve had SO much rain lately that the ranges and courses are closed, so I went to the indoor trampoline park that has the golf simulators. I’ve been so anxious to try out the new irons! I started out “on the range” to see if the distances and gaps would be similar to what I thought they would be after being fitted, and they were! Sweet!
I did some drills for about 20 minutes, then I had the worker switch me to playing golf. I chose Spyglass Hill, and played all 18. Putting on that simulator is ridiculous! Other than that, I hit the ball well, and really love the feel of these Srixons. Butter....

Had another lesson on Friday and am very happy with where my swing is heading. We made a few tweaks to my takeaway, which means a few new swing thoughts to juggle for me, but the results were pretty staggering. When I started in November my path was very left, it's now 2-4 degrees right with a 7 iron. Toward the end of the lesson I was even hitting a bunch of baby draws right on the target line with a face-to-path of about -1.5. Pretty cool!

Anyway, we've had a ton of snow dumped on us this weekend, so I couldn't get to the range to work more on the changes, but I took the time today to spend about an hour hitting foam balls in my 38 degree garage while on camera. I had so-so success, but by the end I was lining everything up correctly. Getting the change to feel natural is going to take some time, hopefully I can get out to the range again next weekend. The weather seems to always get worse over the weekends! 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I went in for my first ever lesson back in early December, and my instructor had me work on widening out my backswing. I was wayy off plane at first, which surprised me. Worked on that at home for a few weeks, then went back in for lesson #2 last week. Really pleased with the progress from the first session!

Our second lesson he pointed out that I don't quite turn my hips early enough, so I'll be adding that in to staying on plane as well. We also took a look at my putting stroke, which I was pleasantly surprised with. It turns out I set up quite open, and then have a tendency to pull putts, but they were pretty consistent pulls. I guess that counts for something!

Definitely anxious for the Spring so I can test out some of these changes on a real course, instead of artificial turf ranges and living room carpet.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here