TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

15 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Here's the thing about high grass in the lawn, it keeps the golf balls from bouncing all over the place. I think you're practicing smarter, not harder.

Well they were easier to pick up, being in a relatively smaller area (vs the "real" dispersion 😄)! 

15 hours ago, Lacassem said:

It’s green be proud of it! The roots are deep and healthy nice trim will look great!

Thx, actually manually aerated the whole thing several weeks ago, and it's had an application of fertilizer too. Been a work in progress over a few years!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

7 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Well they were easier to pick up, being in a relatively smaller area (vs the "real" dispersion 😄)! 

Thx, actually manually aerated the whole thing several weeks ago, and it's had an application of fertilizer too. Been a work in progress over a few years!

Did you use an aerator machine or did you get the feet aerators where you just walk the lawn?

I have been meaning to do this (machine anyway) but working the back yard now and want to get some good loom in before I do. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Ok first don't judge me on lawn maintenance .. gave my mower to a cousin two years ago as we have a cheap, very good and very reliable landscaper .. they're respecting SIP rules.
Anyway, set up a few driveway markers / alignment rods in back with the first approx 8-10 yards off the edge of the patio and another at about 20, plus one in the middle.
20200414_145011.thumb.jpg.f42f55d7b9db6f8002fcfdbc08b27d3c.jpg
Took an old PW and an old 54 and alternated between the two, while alternating hitting to the different targets and alternating between hi/lo type shots.
Notice I'm not showing off the "after" picture .. cannot brag about any Phil-like dispersion pattern! But do feel like I'm making some progress with the short game.

Nice but you should practice out of the high grass

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Today like most days involved stretching. Today was weighted bar (see picture). This bar allows multiple stretches but I focus typically on rotation with this and holding. I have been stiff in the back as of late and have been trying to really stretch and work our core rotation. I highly recommend in investing in a bar like this FYI

8432430F-6FF6-4870-8924-69169720BCB6.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Nice, I ordered a Rukket net, no idea when it's coming though.

Took awhile to get mine, and their customer service was horrible.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Man, I couldn’t find it today. Set-up the net, did my drills, then started full swings. I was videoing and I just can’t get shallow. I naturally have an upright swing, so shallowing the club has been very difficult. Add to this my back disease, and rotation becomes a challenge.
Ugh.
I’m ready for this stuff to start clicking. So frustrating.

20 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Did you use an aerator machine

I have a very basic push, not motorized, aerator with a roller and a flat plate over that where I've added a weight (paving stone). It just pushes the tines in, doesn't dig up cores.

Effective enough plus it's a heckuva workout!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

13 hours ago, PMookie said:

Man, I couldn’t find it today. Set-up the net, did my drills, then started full swings. I was videoing and I just can’t get shallow. I naturally have an upright swing, so shallowing the club has been very difficult. Add to this my back disease, and rotation becomes a challenge.
Ugh.
I’m ready for this stuff to start clicking. So frustrating.

You working with a coach, eg. sending them video for analysis/feedback?

I haven't tried it myself .. yet .. but had been scheduled to see Monte Scheinblum in person at one of his clinics, and he - along with many other pros, of course - is offering video and online coaching.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I have a very basic push, not motorized, aerator with a roller and a flat plate over that where I've added a weight (paving stone). It just pushes the tines in, doesn't dig up cores.
Effective enough plus it's a heckuva workout!

I call a guy and for $69.95 does the yard. Remember I’m 73 with bad knees.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The home range has opened. Assuming USPS lost the net I ordered I found a Callaway net at my local Target that will do the job. Contactless curbside pickup was a big plus as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

You working with a coach, eg. sending them video for analysis/feedback?
I haven't tried it myself .. yet .. but had been scheduled to see Monte Scheinblum in person at one of his clinics, and he - along with many other pros, of course - is offering video and online coaching.

Yes. It’s been going well, but I have too many days between swings to keep the feel in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Yes. It’s been going well, but I have too many days between swings to keep the feel in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Patience my friend. 

I know I told you this but I'll throw it out for everyone. My natural swing is exactly what it is natural to me. It's effective but there are some fundamentals that are missing that should be there. As I have tried to improve it, the natural tendencies continue to creep back in. If I just pick up a club and swing it, it is that swing, not the one I want when hitting a ball. Pre-shot I have to get hyper focused to get feel for new swing. My last round Arccos has my approach handicap at +5.8, which is incredible for me, usually in the 1-3 range. But during that round I literally backed of 4-5 iron shots, some after the swing had started, because I couldn't stop my natural move. It is a weird thing, and something that I will probably always fight, but hopefully with repetition I can start to develop new swing more naturally. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Back outside with my mat, net, and alignment rods. I have the alignment rods in the ground to help me with the right knee going toward the ball on the downswing, and my weight getting outside my left ankle as well. I’m using the tour striker smart ball today to work on staying connected. Lastly, working on coming from the inside, and getting knuckles down at impact. Lots of 1/2 and 3/4 shots.IMG_1273.JPGIMG_1274.JPG

More front yard chipping and flop shots.  Had a good idea in the middle of it all.  I came to the conclusion that since I still struggle with hitting the ball first some times, I would put the ball at the back end of my practice mat.  It forced me to avoid the back edge as chunking my wedges into that was both and instant and significant punishment.  Long story short, I made some significant ball striking improvements for my short game.

I also worked on loft generation on my attempts at flop shots.  While I am far from being a master, I did get to where I could get a nice parabolic arc of about 6 or 7 feet over a distance of about 10-15 yards.  My grass isn't a good substitute for a green, but if I can get my desired shot down at home, I can take it to the practice green at my local course and go from there.

20200416_150320.jpg

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Self start, pay, honor system at Desert Hills.  We played yesterday and I had a stinker 46/ so-so 41. Very few playing and it only took 3:10 to play 18 walking.  I went back this morning by myself and played solo.  The course was pretty empty.  I shot a 39/40/42 ... played 27 holes walking in 3:50 😍.  The rain events this winter in Yuma have been a course superintendents dream.  Most in the area cannot the recall this course and the rest in the area being in better shape.  The fairways and first cut are carpets and the greens like billiard tables.  And the best part is that it costs $15.00.

#2 Par 5 (looking west to CA)

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

#5 Par 4 (#1 handicap) This one is tough to reach in two and typically play dead into the wind.

#6 Par 5 (the most challenging/contoured green)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Self start, pay, honor system at Desert Hills.  We played yesterday and I had a stinker 46/ so-so 41. Very few playing and it only took 3:10 to play 18 walking.  I went back this morning by myself and played solo.  The course was pretty empty.  I shot a 39/40/42 ... played 27 holes walking in 3:50 😍.  The rain events this winter in Yuma have been a course superintendents dream.  Most in the area cannot the recall this course and the rest in the area being in better shape.  The fairways and first cut are carpets and the greens like billiard tables.  And the best part is that it costs $15.00.

#2 Par 5 (looking west to CA)

#5 Par 4 (#1 handicap) This one is tough to reach in two and typically play dead into the wind.

#6 Par 5 (the most challenging/contoured green)

No one around? Good weather?? Perfect course conditions??? $15??!!??

Dude I'm on my way out there 😄

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Got out and played this morning, continuing to work on lead arm wrist flexion - working it into my pre-shot routine on most shots. I hit the ball pretty solid for most of the round and seemed to pick up at least a couple yards throughout the bag. There are a couple holes I've really struggled with at the course I played today and I played them the best I ever have today. 🙂 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I had some yard work to do at the mother-in-law's, so not a lot of time for practice. I did get in the yard for a few minutes working on a few chip shots. Didn't spend a lot of time on one particular shot as I was varying between low spinners, putting style chips with the heel slightly raised, and short flops. I was trying to keep consistent with distance control, and from 10 yards it's getting fairly decent.

As a bonus, I'm getting better at picking up my golf balls with the wedge and bouncing them up and also set a personal wedge juggling record (4).

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My last round this winter season at Las Barancas (we're heading home mid week).  Since 4/1 they have added a special discount for military (active, retired, or veteran) and First Responders - $20 with cart 👍. My long time friend, his wife, and another lady who normally plays in our Saturday venue tee'd off at high noon.  I shot a 39/40.  I had an unplayable lie on the front off the drive and the drop was still behind some shrub which just got just enough of my ball to knock me into a waste bunker (leaving a nasty downhill to an uphill green.  Were it not for that, even par was in the cards.  

Finishing Hole #18

Ooops.  Just noticed I put my last two posts in the wrong thread 🤪.  But then playing and practicing aren't really that different for me. 🙃

Here's a fun Golf At Home challenge from an LPGA player....

https://www.lpga.com/videos/pro20-video-tip-tuesday-sarah-kemp-ladder-challenge

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

No way 😮.  

I can do that....... almost!  😉

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Have seen this on social media a lot recently.  I need to get my ladder out and give it a go

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

well I had a pretty good session today! My very first 34yd chip was a flat out shank. After that all was good.  I hit every green but 1 from 243-270 app. 8 shots.  Missed most shots just left of the green if I did. Had a consistent draw going.  So nothing like it will be on the course lol😅

We have a thread asking how did you play today, but what about those days you simply worked on your game rather than played?

What did you work on today?

I have been using my putout matt. I have been practicing about 30 minutes a day.

:callaway-small: Rouge 10.5

:tour-edge: 3 Wood

:tour-edge: 4 & 5 Hybrid

:tour-edge: 6-9 Irons

:callaway-small: MD3 46degree

:ping-small: Sand Wedge

:odyssey-small: EXO 2-ball slant stroke lab putter

I worked on hitting the ball like crap on the range yesterday.  I did a great job of it!!!!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I worked on hitting the ball like crap on the range yesterday.  I did a great job of it!!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list