TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Just now, B.Boston said:

Just getting caught up I think a match is definitely in order!  @Wedgie would you use a 2019 Callaway Chrome Soft then? 

I do draw a line at some point and that is it.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Just got an email from Metacomet that as of June 1st MA golfers can travel to RI.  🤩

Nice, we can play Valley any time then.  I hate to take the boys away from their computers for too long though.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Worked on putting today and have completely given up on even trying to use a traditional putter for the season. Rolling 10 footers on the indoor green and 6 of 10 was the best I could do with the short putter. Made 46 in a row with the broomstick, guess Rocco was onto something when he had Bettinardi build this brick on a stick for him. Going to stick with what works and makes me comfortable for the season and work on the short putter over the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every pennyIMG_20200601_180610.thumb.jpg.7337a559d0c7925e491937f382127410.jpg

I’ll be using some when I get to the range now that it’s open!

A pattern like that should have [mention]Wedgie [/mention] shaking in his boots!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every pennyIMG_20200601_180610.jpg

Did you feel any of them?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Got out to the range today to hit a large bucket. After warming up, I alternated hitting my D7 driver along with an older R1 for a bit. The R1, being noticeably heavier, was a lot more consistent for me. The D7 had the longer drives but was so inconsistent. Is 7 year old tech going in the bag? Probably... for a little bit, anyways. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Went through my usual amount of range balls for the first time in a few days.  Got some of the power back that had left me last time.  Had to stop halfway through due to a pop up thunderstorm that lasted a few minutes.  Anyhow, after a but of frustraion at first, the chunks went away and strangely my slice was absent.  That felt weird in a good way.  

On a side note, the buckets of range balls were disgusting. They all had dead grass caked on them.  

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

I had not been to the practice area since we got the OK to play again, and it showed in my play.  But I wanted to play!!  My short game has not been as good as it could be, and strikes on the ball have been inconsistent.  My index has gone up.

So, today my wife wanted to play with the Ladies group, and I practiced.  Spent 2 hours working on everything.  All I can say is that I need to spend more than 2 hours.  Only two things were working today:  20 yard pitches out of rough and my driver.  Everything else sucked!!  Some good; some bad on iron contact.  Now I understand why I haven't hit many greens and haven't got up and down like I usually do.  Poor contact and distance control on wedge and poor putting.  

I thought about playing tomorrow, but my wife said she wanted to practice instead.  So, I guess I'll do what my wife wants... again!!  🙄

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My son had a lesson today and I had a half hour tune up with our head pro. We essentially changed nothing and validated the changes that we have made. Worked on getting my three wood more consistent and figured out I had the ball too far forward. Playing 18 in the AM then two day comp this weekend.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Hit the range today, worked mainly on my wedge, 100 yards and in shots. Also got to get my first couple swings in with my new driver, Ping G410 Plus. I had been using a demo G410 P from the head pro at the course I regular, but something about getting to hit a new one makes it seem so much better. It feels like it is jumping off the face of my driver head. We will see how this translates when I play in the AM tomorrow.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

IMG_1730.JPG
Finally got my net!! Was able to work on getting my hands higher in the backswing as I have a tendency to get very flat. Got a tee time in the morning so we will see how the practice pays off!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

The sky looked angry when my 6:00pm tee time rolled around and it’s hail season on the Colorado Front Range, so I opted for the safety of the range instead.

Stiff breeze into and off the left. Not a fun direction, not a stellar session and halfway through I had actually undone some of the hard work I’ve put in the past couple weeks.

Mr. Hogan would not have been impressed by the first half ball striking but I took 3 big buckets worth of divots and started  getting back on track before the end. I cannot remember the last time a range session was less than 3 big buckets.

Worked on the short game for 30 min afterward and was hitting a bunch of shots toward the toe. I figured out the issue but it was a crummy overall practice session today.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

2 hours ago, downlowkey said:

hitting a bunch of shots toward the toe. 

I think I know what's causing your toe callus.

Give yourself some time to get used to th Hogans, we don't want you to have to buy a whole new shoe wardrobe.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I have been working on a better understanding of my driver and why I only average about 230, with roll, off the tee.  I have spent the last couple of weeks hitting my XXIO and Bridgestone JGR driver on SkyTrak.  What I learned is my spin is way too high.  I tried a bunch of different ball positions, face angle at set up and where my feet are.  Took what I learned to the course on Sunday and hit 10 of 14 fairways.  3 of the other 4 were barely off the fairway and 1 stuck behind a tree.  Most encouraging was I averaged 259 off the tee with zero swing changes.  I'm not sure if I just came across a day with perfect weather conditions for hitting the ball or what but will get a chance to see what happens tomorrow.

My fixes I'm sure are just bandages for my swing but the end result is an open club face at address, closed stance and swing hard.   

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Went to the range tonight and did my drills. Hit the ball every well! The changes are starting to feel a little more familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Currently hitting balls into the net in the garage and reminding myself why I continue to pick up random balls that I find at the local muni. Good for swing practice at home.

IMG_0491.jpg

My dispersion on course is better but still needs work. Inconsistent swing is getting to me.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Got out at lunch for a range session again, the second this week but only the third since March 15. Typically, I would hit the range every day at lunch during summer. We go back to the office in July so I hope to do more of this since I'll be much closer to a range.

Progress is slow, but I'm getting closer. Absolutely striped about 10 straight out of the middle of the face on the driver today. Working on finding the right combination of feeling where my pressure is at address and during the swing, turning into my hip and putting a good swing on the ball. Sometimes I get everything right, too often not. Pretty much either sweet spot or low heel these days.

I do need to get into the habit of more mindful practice because it's too easy to just grab a large bucket and whack balls. While it's cathartic, especially since I haven't been able to do it much this year due to COVID, things can start to go sideways quickly and then I get all out of whack. I really need to step back and picture each shot because that helps me so much.

I also really love having the Flightscope Mevo, but sometimes data is a little overwhelming. You can get into a cycle of just trying to hit numbers (ball speed, in my case), and it's easy to be frustrated. Range balls are so inconsistent, so a lot of times you'll make a great strike and then be disappointed in the numbers. And then I end up overswinging trying to hit a target number. **sigh**

IMG_12062020_150941_(600_x_800_pixel).jpg.e9b70c590fd4c578312286fe057aab3d.jpg

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

More short pitches and chips. These shots are needed a lot since I haven’t been hitting greens lately. Unfortunately I haven’t been converting many up and downs.

Need to get to the range so I can work on the irons.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Playing Sat and Sun. Haven't played or gotten to the range since last Friday. Needed to get loose and get a feel for the swing before tomorrow.

Started out pushing my irons and then got a feel for them towards the end. This will be my second round with the new Ping G410 driver. Balls are reacting well with my swing, seem to be going a good 20 yards further than usual. Last part of the range session I worked on my 50-100 yard shots with my 60 and 56. Working on some lower flight path to get a couple hops and stop IF I hit the green. Before leaving I went to the chipping and putting green to work on my short game.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

On 9/5/2016 at 2:22 PM, jlukes said:

We have a thread asking how did you play today, but what about those days you simply worked on your game rather than played?

What did you work on today?

Today I am focusing on improved ball striking through chipping and pitching. I have been on a journey to better utilize my legs, hips while coming through impact with hands leading. The instruction I follow emphasizes mastering the chipping/pitching which can improve long game. For too many years I got away with timing and flipping as I have always been very athletic (played multiple sports). Now that I am much older, well I need to focus on center ball strikes with a much shorter backswing, less flexibility, etc. Anyway thats what I am working on. 

56 minutes ago, aerospace_ray said:

Today I am focusing on improved ball striking through chipping and pitching. I have been on a journey to better utilize my legs, hips while coming through impact with hands leading. The instruction I follow emphasizes mastering the chipping/pitching which can improve long game. For too many years I got away with timing and flipping as I have always been very athletic (played multiple sports). Now that I am much older, well I need to focus on center ball strikes with a much shorter backswing, less flexibility, etc. Anyway thats what I am working on. 

True statement.  I spent 2 hours practicing yesterday.  I started my session warming up on the pitching green with 25-30 yard shots, high and low with my 60º.  Sometimes I will hit my 54º but mostly out of thicker rough.  Yesterday was just my 60º from a tight fairway lie, and it was one of my best pitching sessions this year.

Many of you old timers on this thread know I don't like hitting balls on the range, but yesterday I needed to work on getting my right hip turned back further in the backswing.  I was working on exaggerating the hip turn with the pitch shots since they are a slower motion of the full swing.  Maybe that was why I hitting my wedge so well.

On the range it took a few balls to get my driver synced up since it's so much longer.  I started by making the same backswing and about the same speed as with my wedges.  It started feeling good, and when I went after a ball, the ball flew much higher and straighter than I usually hit a range ball.  After a few more drivers with similar results, I lowered the loft on my driver 1º and had a much better ball flight... and more distance.  

I ended up hitting waaaay too many driver shots than I'm used to and my old body doesn't like it.  So today, I mowed the lawn.  My body doesn't like that either!  I play at 10:30am in the morning.  Hope I remember what I was doing yesterday and can make the same move.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I absolutely think that chipping and pitching especially improves ball striking. I’m not so convinced about putting.

I’ve settled in to a nice summer routine (summer is not prime golf season in Florida)

Sunday - SuperSpeed
Monday - chipping and putting
Tuesday - driving range
Weds. - SuperSpeed
Thursday - off from golf
Friday - Play
Saturday - Chip and putt

I will flip Tuesday and Friday if my league is ever able to resume. I might occasionally play on Sunday afternoon which means I will do SuperSpeed on Saturday.

I can play reasonably well following that schedule.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

7 minutes ago, revkev said:

I absolutely think that chipping and pitching especially improves ball striking. I’m not so convinced about putting.

I’ve settled in to a nice summer routine (summer is not prime golf season in Florida)

Sunday - SuperSpeed
Monday - chipping and putting
Tuesday - driving range
Weds. - SuperSpeed
Thursday - off from golf
Friday - Play
Saturday - Chip and putt

I will flip Tuesday and Friday if my league is ever able to resume. I might occasionally play on Sunday afternoon which means I will do SuperSpeed on Saturday.

I can play reasonably well following that schedule.

+1 on the chipping and putting - I was a bit erratic off the tee but managed to scratch out a 79 due to chipping it close and putting consistently.

Not a member of a club but my nightly backyard routine alternates between: golf net/full bag/launch monitor -- chipping/pitching.
I also putt in my basement nearly every night.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Can you explain more why you think this? I am not sure I agree. Chip and what I will call finesse shots dont seem to help with ball striking because the swing is too different. I can center strike these pretty consistently. Distance/partial wedges will help full swing since the swings are similar. I agree Putting doesn’t help ball striking.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Can you explain more why you think this? I am not sure I agree. Chip and what I will call finesse shots dont seem to help with ball striking because the swing is too different. I can center strike these pretty consistently. Distance/partial wedges will help full swing since the swings are similar. I agree Putting doesn’t help ball striking.

Same here. Pitching at various distances I can see, but chipping I’m not sure it translates, especially if you’re manipulating ball position and the club face as part of your chipping practice (and I think you should be).

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

On 6/15/2020 at 5:53 AM, cnosil said:

I used to have an instructor that believed that he could look at the way a person putts and chips and tell what their major swing flaw is in their full swing.  I can't dispute it... he was correct with me and his other students.

However, I have a difficult time believing that putting helps ball striking.  Everything about putting is so different; quiet lower body, little to no rotation, different grip, no wrists (sorta).  I do tend to believe that chip and pitch shots do help.  For me they are mini-swings.  In my early days when I never could get up and down, my full swing issue was taking the club back to the inside.  Did the same on my chips/pitches, which led to chunks and skulls.  When I improve my short game shots, I got a better feel for low point of the swing.  My full swing improved; or maybe it was the other way around.  Probably both together; it was a long time ago.