TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Hit a small bucket at lunch today. Felt good to go out and hit a few, mostly wedges and short irons. Trying to "squish the bug" when I start the downswing, as I could feel myself falling backwards on a few shots last week on the course.

I was a little distracted watching a guy hit balls a few bays down. He'd make a full backswing, then on the downswing his body would just abruptly stop when he got back to his setup position, and his arms would slingshot the rest of the way through. He wasn't killing the ball but everything was dead straight. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I try to practice twice a week. One day I work on chipping & Putting. The other day full swing. One thing I found with Covid is I have been practicing more because besides playing there is nothing else to do. I have lowered my handicap 6 strokes this year that I attribute to my more aggressive short game which came with the practice.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

3wood: Titleist 917F

5 wood: Titleist 917F

irons Titleist T350 5-pe

hybrids Taylormade 4 

wedges: Titleist SM8 50/54/58

putter: Scotty Cameron Newport slotback

Been struggling with a driver for quite some time and have been testing a few.  Watching a bunch of videos on how to shallow out my swing as it is as bad as ever.  Last night I worked on flattening swing out by focusing on hip turn on the backswing, slight grip adjust, keeping ball behind the ball, and steady my head.  It helped and I could see it in the ball flight and my divot.  Not perfect, but a huge improvement. 

Lack of practice and play has me very confused on how to swing a golf club. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Been struggling with a driver for quite some time and have been testing a few.  Watching a bunch of videos on how to shallow out my swing as it is as bad as ever.  Last night I worked on flattening swing out by focusing on hip turn on the backswing, slight grip adjust, keeping ball behind the ball, and steady my head.  It helped and I could see it in the ball flight and my divot.  Not perfect, but a huge improvement. 

Glad your improving. Have you considered live lessons or sending a video to a certified instructor?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I cut a lot of grass yesterday and was a bit stiff by the afternoon so I only hit about thirty 50yd wedges and practiced putting for about 1/2 hour.  I found a straight 10' putt and chalked a line, used a ball with a stripe around it and practiced getting the ball to roll with no stripe wobble along the chalk line.  I had done a bit of work to my putting set up earlier this year and I still have to think about it so doing sessions like this helps make it more natural.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

21 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Sometimes I get info overload watching too many lesson videos and hitting too many into the net rather than playing and seeing ball flight.  I have to mentally flush everything and go natural for a session to reset things. 

I have to ask...what is the "keeping the ball behind the ball" swing thought?  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Sometimes I get info overload watching too many lesson videos and hitting too many into the net rather than playing and seeing ball flight.  I have to mentally flush everything and go natural for a session to reset things. 

I have to ask...what is the "keeping the ball behind the ball" swing thought?  

The thought is a typo ….head behind ball.  I like to keep my swing simple and look for simple fixes rather than overload too many swing thoughts.  Playing to what was a 6 ish hdcp, would be no longer a 6 with my current swing.  With my speed and I would say experience, I should be getting upper 200's with my drive, but can seem to get anywhere near that anymore. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I went to the range today with a couple of thoughts in mind. The first was working on wrist angle at impact, I tend to get flippy at contact and launch the ball high and in more of an arch than a nice line. I started out by addressing the ball with the impact position I wished to achieve, took a half swing, and just work on getting the feeling of impact. I hit several nice shots toward the 100 yard marker before moving on to full swings. They turned out nice, for the most part. I did have a couple that I chunked because I didn't get my weight shifted to my left side. 

I also worked on a drill for driver I saw on a Danny Maude video to hit up on the ball by placing a tee a few inches in front of the ball and trying not to hit the front tee. I chunked driver on the first shot and after that I was able to clear it. I had a decent shot pattern, for me, on the foot spray that was in the clubface. Middle low to high with one that was center and toward the heel. 20200823_162806-01.jpeg.8f64cc0d774f7f603faa25d465b81a0c.jpeg

I'm usually all over the place, so that is progress. 

I tried to get some feedback from the spray on my irons, but the grass and balls were wet so the spray got somewhat washed off at impact. 

19 hours ago, pulledabill said:

The thought is a typo ….head behind ball.  I like to keep my swing simple and look for simple fixes rather than overload too many swing thoughts.  Playing to what was a 6 ish hdcp, would be no longer a 6 with my current swing.  With my speed and I would say experience, I should be getting upper 200's with my drive, but can seem to get anywhere near that anymore. 

😀  ohh a typo......And here i thought it was going to be something along the line of 'T**s to the Target' that the spousal unit and her lady friends use a a reminder to turn toward the target on the follow through!  

Went to the range and gave the 10 finger grip a try. It works really well for me with my woods, not so hot with my irons. So for now it’s going to be overlap with irons, 10 finger with 7 wood up.

Oh and did I mention it’s hot? 112 with the heat index when I hit to the range at 415. An hour was about all that I could handle

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Worked on short game today.   MGS had an open slot for me to come in and use the GC Quad so I worked on hitting 30-90 yard shots with my 54* wedge.  Some distances felt really natural and I struggled with others.  Thinking I am going to avoid the 40-60 yard range;  just hard to make myself hit those distances.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I hit a small bucket today working on my transition. I picked up on a few things this weekend when I played at an executive course with my son and I wanted to work on them. Don't want to jinx anything, but it was one of the best range sessions I've had in a while. My driver was ON, as were my irons. Wedges I'm trying to take longer swings to cover gaps and those were OK but still need some work. But I was really happy with how the bulk of the bucket went. When I start my downswing by squishing the bug and THEN turning on the gas, good things happen. When I turn on the gas without squishing the bug... well, let's just say it ain't pretty. 

Solid practice session last night. Sticking with a few changes ive made and it has helped. I widened my stance but narrowed it back up as I was tugging the ball off line. Driver is better thanks to opening up stance a bit. Still not great distance but better. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I took off work early today to hear out and buy a couple of new wedges. I ended up getting two Vokey SM7 wedges in 52 and 56 and took them to the range after going home to get the rest of my gear. I wasn't striking the ball well to start out, initially I thought I was affected by the sound of the guy hitting behind me. Thump, click, thump, click. He was chunking his irons in a way that made this guy proud...then it started for me. Hit some good shots and am really liking what I'm seeing from the Vokeys, they're right on the distances I need and are spinning like crazy.

I didn't figure out my problems until I hit my first driver shot, I was starting the backswing with my arms and once I would just rotate back and through, the magic happened. That first shot was high toe, I'm talking almost of the face high and toe. After making an adjustment, I was seeing the best ball flight I've seen in a long time. That bleed over into my irons and wedges and I left the range feeling good about my game. 

After a less than stellar weekend of golf, I went to the range to work out a few issues.  Mondays have been my walking round with the old guys for the past 5 years, but we haven't played since early June.  The 80-year old got cellulitis infection in one leg and hasn't been to the course until a couple of weeks ago.  The 77-year old has been on the Oregon coast, apparently getting away from the heat.  I'm the only idiot stoopid enough to play in the heat.  Both guys were there this morning but only hitting balls, not playing.  It was nice to chat with them anyway.  

After not hitting one good drive all weekend, I was striping (for me... lol) some very good shots this morning.  Not sure what the difference was, but I would have taken any of them on the last couple of days.  Our driving range is very similar to our fairways and rough with mounds in the range with a flat green on top of the mounds.  The greens are large enough to land a ball and have it stay there.  You can't see the ball land when it goes over a mound.  We have a color-coded stakes around 50(orange), 110(green), 170(blue), and 230(black) yards, according to the yardage sign at the middle of the range on the right side.  I've never measured the stakes, since using range balls doesn't give me a good indication of distance.  I use the range for direction, trajectory and shot shape practice.  The teeing area can move plus or minus 15 yards.  Today the teeing area was near the back of the range, so add maybe 13 yards.  I was hitting straight shots that were flying over the blue green, but can't really tell how far over.  I have never seen my ball bounce up the mound with the black stake on the green.

I don't carry a laser, but my buddy checked each stake.  All of the stakes except for the 230 black stake were very close to the yardage listed on the sign.  However, from where we were near the back of the range the 230 black stake was 313 yards!!  No wonder I couldn't see my ball bounce up that mound.  Now I don't feel so bad.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 8/26/2020 at 5:22 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I took off work early today to hear out and buy a couple of new wedges. I ended up getting two Vokey SM7 wedges in 52 and 56 and took them to the range after going home to get the rest of my gear. I wasn't striking the ball well to start out, initially I thought I was affected by the sound of the guy hitting behind me. Thump, click, thump, click. He was chunking his irons in a way that made this guy proud...then it started for me. Hit some good shots and am really liking what I'm seeing from the Vokeys, they're right on the distances I need and are spinning like crazy.

I didn't figure out my problems until I hit my first driver shot, I was starting the backswing with my arms and once I would just rotate back and through, the magic happened. That first shot was high toe, I'm talking almost of the face high and toe. After making an adjustment, I was seeing the best ball flight I've seen in a long time. That bleed over into my irons and wedges and I left the range feeling good about my game. 

I am a high toe hitter. Sometimes too far toe side. End up being super low spin with driver.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Have burned through a couple hundred range balls since my lesson last Thursday, plus two rounds. I just cannot for the life of me stop my shoulders from overtaking my downswing. Heading into my lesson I had basically grooved an inside takeaway followed by a drop of the club to the inside further with a hard shoulder turn. Led to all sorts of issues (pulls, pull draws, massive uncontrollable push draws), so during my lesson Thursday we worked on getting on plane during the backswing and then my focus was to let my hands beat my shoulders back to the ball. 

I actually had a pretty decent range session on Saturday, but really struggled during my round Sunday and for the first four holes on Tuesday (went +10 on the first four holes and then +3 over the last 14), but my lunchtime range sessions just have been a huge struggle. Today I think I hit about four "good" shots in a bucket of 48 balls. 

My biggest frustration with my lessons right now is that for the past couple of lessons, after about 5 minutes of making a small change or tweak, I start doing things "right" and get fantastic results for the remainder of the lesson. But as soon as I go out on my own I just cannot get the same feels/results. Right now it just feels like I'm playing about the same as I did last fall following my first lesson (grip change), with exception to the driver which has been pretty OK. 

I guess another way to phrase it would be that I feel like I focus on making one change and then everything else I've changed up until that point just falls apart. So each month's lesson is just fixing everything I've broken trying to fix something else. Frustrating!

I'm still playing slightly better golf than I did last season, so that progress is there, but this is all starting to wear a bit on me mentally...

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Nice range session today. 106 heat index so not a long one but every 8 iron was at and past the flags at 136 and 138.

6 iron was a bit short of the 172 flag. 5 iron remains the crap out club for me. When I hit it well, it went past 172, when I hit it poorly, it really sucked. 9 woods would all have been on the green, all right around that 172 carry but where they hit, they stayed.

The key was getting my left hip open right after I put my left foot down. When I do that, I hit the ball beautifully

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

My daughter got bored after 3 holes, so we hit the range...

I hit about 150 balls at the Mike Bender Wedge Range... dialing in my wedge game from 30 to 90 yards. Love this exercise!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 small buckets today, almost all wedges and 7i. Trying to figure out why I had a lot of topped shots during my round on Wednesday, which is never a problem for me usually. Looks like I'm starting to over-cook having the flat left wrist and bent right wrist at the top of the backswing. My main miss is a wipey fade so I'd rather go in slightly closed than wide open, in my efforts to stay square to closed looks like I've been WAY closed. Some tips from Monte Scheinblum's last two vids helped, just trying to point my thumbs to the sky instead of actively bending/flattening helped out a lot. Hit some great wedge shots and noticed my 7i ballflight was a lot straighter. Driver was decent when I used it for my last 5 balls, although I popped the last one up. Should have walked away with the baby draw I had hit with 2 balls left!

Spent the night at my buddies house and certainly enjoyed a few cocktails.

Stopped by the range on the way home. Yesterday’s fiasco was still leaving sour taste in my mouth. I was determined to figure out what was going on. It didn’t start well but fortunately my teacher was giving a lesson next to me and saw my struggles. He came over, got me closer to the ball and focused on turning back and then swinging hard left coming down. Boom - lots of nice straight solid shots with my wedge.

And no charge for the quickie lesson. :)

I feel for RusstoHerb - as a member I can hit as many or as few balls as I want. I planned on being there for 45 minutes. But I hit 6 gorgeous wedges at the 35 minute mark, had pulled my “next” ball over and thought, “what am I doing? This is how I want to hit them.”

So I left -I wouldn’t have had I paid for a bucket though.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Had to get my car inspected this morning, and gosh darn it - the drive took me right by a local range so I just had to hit a small bucket.

😄

On the good side, the work I put in the other day seems to have stuck for the most part. Lots of great wedges and irons to the target. Driver was OK, had some of my usual misses to the right but I'm sure that'll come around with a little more work.

Disappointed in the range itself, though. Looks like they haven't moved the markers on the grass part of the range in quite some time - I was hitting off of pure dirt. All of the open stations were devoid of any grass. Still better than hitting off of mats... but not by much.

Yesterday was a nice low humidity day so in between weed wacking i got in about 80 swings at the 65 yard mark in the back yard.  Used the 57 and the 53 to practice the high / low shot options.  I had a couple from that yardage at the course last evening and the backyard practice swings made it to the course for a change!!  👍

So I haven’t swung a club in six weeks due to life being in the way so I finally made time to get to the range at a minimum today. Wow. That was an odd range session.

I usually play a fade with the occasional slice and today everything was a draw or was getting topped. Not a terrible draw, everything would have been playable but the topped shots were certainly frustrating. Not sure what I was even doing wrong so I’ll need to hit some balls in the garage later on and try to determine what is going on. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

62100907386__EB5F53CF-EA45-40AC-8D69-8F894515AD73.JPGIMG_2200.JPGIMG_2201.JPGIMG_2202.JPG

Went to the range to work on the brief lesson my teacher gave me Saturday - move closer to the ball, take the club back straighter and swing left. (basically visualize hitting a cut which turns out to be straight or a slight draw for me.)

Hit it beautifully - back to where I was for most of the summer. It’s almost always a simple fix where there’s some basic fundamental, ball position, alignment, posture, grip that has gotten off kilter.

Our club now hosts the University of Tampa’s golf team.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

7 hours ago, revkev said:

Hit it beautifully - back to where I was for most of the summer. It’s almost always a simple fix where there’s some basic fundamental, ball position, alignment, posture, grip that has gotten off kilter.

My son wanted to go to the range tonight because he wasn't happy with how he was hitting the ball last week when we played together. His biggest problem is that he's growing so quickly he's constantly re-adjusting to how he needs to hold his clubs, where he needs to put the ball in his stance, etc. Tonight I watched him pounding the ball for the most part, but everything was way off to the right. I had him move the ball up in his stance, and then watched him hit 180 yard 5 irons dead straight. His driver was much straighter as well. With longer arms he just wasn't closing the face in time with the ball in the middle of his stance like his PGA Jr coach had him doing when he was 6-8" shorter.

After my not-so-confident range time this morning, I decided to spend about an hour or so in the garage working on getting things back together. It’s pretty crazy how slowing things down and thinking them through can correct the problems so easily. Ball contact was much better and my swing felt much closer to “normal” for me. 

011E9330-8E57-43EC-A8F9-0D2C0E81F8A9.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I’m off to the range early this morning to try and “shake off” the swing issues from last few weeks. Friday we have the toughest course here, every shot is water, swamp is carry.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I’m off to the range early this morning to try and “shake off” the swing issues from last few weeks. Friday we have the toughest course here, every shot is water, swamp is carry.

Got to the range right @ 7:00 and got to far left area so I don’t frighten the RH golfers.

Started off a few shots that were AAWWFUL! Settled down and tried to remember the good stuff my instructor went over w me B4 he retired when C19 came here.

Finally started to feel a decent swing again and some good results. Even hit a few decent hybrid shots which have been dogging me for months. Hit off mats, so much rain last week or so it’s a bit sloppy.IMG_1395.JPG

Early Tee Time Friday @ toughest 9 in our area.....swell.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list