Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

^^ Very nice 🙂 .. that's a really nice friend!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Went to a practice green more to work with my new digital level on reading slope AimPoint style (in percentage grade). My reads were about an equal 1/3 mix of pretty close, a little under, a little over. It's definitely a new skill that needs to be learned and practiced!

Did roll some putts, too, working mostly on distance control uphill and downhill; threw in a few sidehills too just to make sure I wasn't getting overly confident in my abilities 🤪

You're not supposed to chip onto this green but there's a reasonably wide grassy area surrounding it, so took two balls and an old 58° and worked on landing them next to each other - something else that's not too bad and is improving .. but yeah also needs more work......

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Couldn’t wait any more to try and swing the hzrdus green (for some reason lost my head took and had to go get @B.Bostonyesterday after work).

was hoping to get out this weekend for possibly the last round of the season but everything was booked sollllllid so either a range day tomorrow or simulator we’ll see.

just a handful of dry swings and crap balls launched jnto the woods. Taking it with a grain of salt but everything was relative center mass. One thing I realized I really have to swing this club with this shaft which I like. Going to be a lot of fun if I can get her going. Similar to my 3 wood seemed like everything (10 shots is all I did today) was center or coming left a little. If that’s the case I’ll be very happy. I also changed to the A1 setting vs the D2 and it was definitely launching a little higher than I expected will probably play with some of the settings a bit

don’t mind the yard....it’s been a wild leaf and pine needle season I can’t keep up.

CD5C0001-40E7-49D9-94E8-9642DF4E4E93.jpeg

4CF26EE9-FA15-4585-8D7E-40FDDC868A46.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Went out to the range today mostly to finally get the chance to test out the Honma Big-LB and see if it could use it as my tee club until I can get fit a new driver. Hit about 10 shots with it, mostly good other than one push and one slice, but other shots were carrying 250-260. Pretty happy with my strikes because 3 wood is usually my worst club in the bag. Definitely recommend this club though if you aren't great with a 3 wood as it is very forgiving.

20201024_142039.jpg

20201024_142034.jpg

Did some planemate drills in the house with NTC thoughts. Hopefully can translate to my round tomorrow 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Practicing putting indoors  Switching from cross handed to conventional.   I’m usually a reverse overlap but I finding that if I place my hands closer together and do a double reverse overlap either with my cross handed or conventional method I don’t rotate the face angle as much   Feels odd but I more confident with making shorter putts that way. 

..farged (technical medical term) my lower back so no playing and no swinging but did do some putting practice on the ExPutt..

..random 5 to 10 footers, flat practice green, green speed 10 and only missed 6 out of 60 putts .. one at 3 feet, 1 at 1 1/2 feet, rest within inches .. so pretty happy with that as it's an improvement from where I'd started the ExPutt testing.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Not a day to play; it would mean playing 6 days in a row, and my back is a little sore.  So I spent 2 hours chipping this morning using my LW and GW for my usual chipping strokes, which includes mini-pitch shots and bump and run shots.  I also used my PW and 9i a few times just for giggles.  The PW I could use for bump and run shots that are between 30-60 feet.  The 9i would be OK for shots from 60-100 feet.  I almost never have that length of shot on the course where I could use the bump and run shot.  At that distance I am pitching the ball with my LW, maybe SW if I am in deeper rough.

Along with my chip shot practice, I used the time to see how different softer balls react off my wedges.  It's getting cold here, and we can play most of the year if we don't get snow.  I ordered some Grade 5A balls from Golf Balls Direct online and they arrived yesterday.

My chipping practice consisted of two balls each of the following:
       2020 Srixon Soft Feel
       2020 Titleist TruFeel
       2020 Titleist Tour Soft
       2019  Titleist ProV1x  (playing standard)

I have several shots that I typically play around the green; low with spin, medium with not much spin, and bump and run.  All shots with my Callaway '19 PM Grind 60º but only bump and run with my Edison 49º GW.  

The PV1x is not spinning as much now since the green is firmer than in the summer; not irrigated every day, but it still had the most spin (obviously).  The Titleist Tour Soft is the firmest of the soft balls, and had the most spin.  The Srixon Soft Feel and the Titleist TruFeel were very similar; each had a more muted sound than the Tour Soft.  Of course, the PV1x is clicky in comparison.

All of the balls stopped on the green within what I would deem acceptable distances for the shots I made.  For shots where the pin would be located close to the edge of the green, I would want the PV1x.  For 15-20 foot shots I could get all of the balls within my gimme range.  🤣  Low and medium height chips with the same swing produced similar rollout distances for the soft balls and not much further  than the PV1x.  

Bottom line: I could play any of these balls, so the difference may be in how they perform off the tee and on iron shots.  I will be playing a couple of these soft balls tomorrow and over the winter perhaps.  They are certainly cheaper than PV1x balls and they feel better to my hands when I hit them.  Also, when it gets colder, nothing stays on the green... not even a PV1x.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Dusted a month of dust off the sticks and hit the practice green for some pitching and chipping practice. The bump and run thread sent me out to experiment a bit. 

Played  around mostly with 47, 51, and 58 degree wedges. I have a 54 but dont chip with much as I dont love the bounce around the greens. 

Lack of touch certainly showed but I wil solve that quickly as I bought a winter pass as I enjoy winter golf 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Had a lesson via FaceTime yesterday, and hit balls today. The new move has resulted in ZERO back pain following range work for the first time in years! 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Had a lesson via FaceTime yesterday, and hit balls today. The new move has resulted in ZERO back pain following range work for the first time in years! 

That’s awesome news! What change or move did you make??

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

8 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

That’s awesome news! What change or move did you make??

Flared my feet, left foot quite a bit, to be able to open my hip, more rotational on the downswing to take the pressure off my low back. My hip arthritis and back disease aren’t very good for the “classic” swing, so I finally got a teacher who could help ME and my limitations.

Played a fun Par 3 the other day; have to call it a Practice round after taking a Mulligan and two uhhh "free" Fall Leaf Rule 🤣 drops (it's a tight little course through the trees on the inside of the regulation course).

Trying to work on my new and improved iron swing after a bunch of lessons; especially trying to move into and through impact much better.

First few holes the tee shots were flying pretty straight, but then things started going left on me..?? Ball was still flying well, just left left left .. kinda of a combo of a pull and a draw (I think). Have to tell my instructor next lesson...

So Hole #4 was about 120 to the flag; wind left-to-right and there's a big old tree at the left of the green with overhanging branches covering a left side approach. So .. of course .. I hit my shot high and left behind the tree....

Not sure if I'd find it, I hit a second. Which went on exactly the same path - if you were looking at a shot tracer like on tv the two paths would have overlapped!

Get up there to see...

20201104_144942.jpg.68de57869308cd55ed7bd06f154ef640.jpg

See them cozied up together on the left? ... Can I claim that as a ball-striking "talent"?

Not sure which was the first ball so took the one further from the green - which just happened to be sitting on thin grass 😉 vs bare dirt - but blocked by the tree so chipped on to the back of the green, 2 putt bogey.

Next hole I doubled after tee shot feel short in the wind (shudda taken one more club) and having a very awkward lie then proceeded to 2-chip (left the first putt literally 1" short).

Which is when I realized that even though my wedges have improved since the start of the season .. it's now maybe the weakest part of my game (except for bunkers) .. so gotta go to work on that!!

Following hole #6 is when I took the Mulligan - first tee shot was playable, just hit poorly and short-left. This is the longest hole at 160 yards and a little uphill and I really wanted to hit the green ... second tee shot I did!

..and about 4 feet from the cup .. and yes! .. I made the putt for my first "bounceback" birdie (although yeah technically bogey but hey practice round and the Mulligan shot was hit well ☺️).

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Was gonna play another Par 3 this afternoon; got there to be told there's at least a 30 minute wait... Not surprising on a tee shirt and shorts day in November! (in NY)

So hit the range for some iron and wedge practice; focus.. like the other day.. on moving better into and through impact.

Caught one 7i just right, really solid - now if I can just internalize that feel and replicate it on demand. No prob, eezy peezy right? 🤪

Finished off hitting a few balls with each wedge at the same 66yd target; left-right dispersion wasn't too bad but still have more work to do on better distance control (unless the green is really really large and deep 🤣).

PS:

Actually a good thing I didn't play ... left my putter at home, in the basement where I'd been practicing previous days...!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Practice indoor mat over concrete floor. Super fast Almost like stimp 14. Barely touch it and ball rolls and sometimes speeds up.  Probably not the best way to practice   Reminds me of few greens that if I’m caught above the hole on a really dry day that it really tough to get close.  
I find that if I can read those green well and just start the ball the proper path I have a chance.  In these situations reading may be most important and just nudge the ball 

I’m interested to see how the tough the greens are during the Masters this fall 

Chipped in the backyard with three wedges to three hula hoop targets using Birdie Balls - they're lighter vs a regular golf ball but designed to fly true .. plus they're easier to find in the grass and leaves!

I had one of my retriever ummm "helpers" 😉 out there and a few of the Birdie Balls came back slightly customized 😜 ...

20201108_162659.jpg.0802b6da3bfc6d01b5d74063ee28ebb1.jpg

Anyway, left-right dispersion is nicely improved vs start of this season, but still have some more work to do on distance control.

(..that last part sounds familiar .. didn't I just say that somewhere? .. am I starting to repeat myself in my old age..?)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Hit a small bucket at the range today in preparation of playing 18 tomorrow. I remembered how my round on Sunday started and also the feel I went back to 4 holes in after everything went to the right. Much closer to target today, aiming at flags and a few elevated greens.

Driver is still a ¯\(°_o)/¯  for me. Some shots were dead straight and great flight. Others were worm burner hooks. Who knows anymore. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

took advantage of the T shirt weather to practice some putting at lunch today...

The gallery was not inspired...

20201110_161547.jpg.e8d32712c2c8ec6ba3915b85df064b34.jpg

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

My 94 yo Dad out on the putting green today....  Draining a 20 footer!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

My 94 yo Dad out on the putting green today....  Draining a 20 footer!
[/url]  

That’s awesome

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 11/8/2020 at 1:32 PM, cksurfdude said:

Chipped in the backyard with three wedges to three hula hoop targets using Birdie Balls - they're lighter vs a regular golf ball but designed to fly true .. plus they're easier to find in the grass and leaves!

I had one of my retriever ummm "helpers" 😉 out there and a few of the Birdie Balls came back slightly customized 😜 ...

Anyway, left-right dispersion is nicely improved vs start of this season, but still have some more work to do on distance control.

(..that last part sounds familiar .. didn't I just say that somewhere? .. am I starting to repeat myself in my old age..?)

How true do those stay to 40 yards? I have roughly 40yrds in a park by my house I could use. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 11/8/2020 at 1:32 PM, cksurfdude said:

I went out on Monday to play a practice round and walked the front nine.  Sunny, but only 44º at 1pm.  Course was empty.  Guess people are starting to put their sticks away for the winter.  Some of us will play all year!!

I played 2 balls:  Srixon Soft Feel and Titleist TruFeel (like Srixon better) to evaluate balls for winter.  When I hit an errant shot, I dropped the other ball and hit again.  I had my own retriever ummm, helper 😉 out there to pick up the bad shot.  My wife walked with me for exercise, since she can't play yet after her hand surgery last Friday.  The balls came back in good shape!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

How true do those stay to 40 yards? I have roughly 40yrds in a park by my house I could use. 

Good question... I actually have not tried a side by side test!

Off hand I'd venture a guess that at 40 .. eg. over 30-35 .. they land a little short as the flight seems to slow and they seem to fall at a slightly steeper descent. That may be helpful to you in that they kinda drop & stop.

But - if this makes sense - the effort required to launch it to 40 does seem very close to that compared to a regulation golf ball.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

i am practicing some backswing hip rotation drills without a club today to feel what a proper rotation feels like to get rid of my sway. Got some good drills prescribed to me by an instructor.

A proper rotation definitely feels different, but different in a good way.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

i am practicing some backswing hip rotation drills without a club today to feel what a proper rotation feels like to get rid of my sway. Got some good drills prescribed to me by an instructor.
A proper rotation definitely feels different, but different in a good way.

That’s always been my problem, I’m not a good practicer, I prefer to play and make changes which of Conor really the way to do it.
Keep it up it looks like you’re doing great.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Ninety minutes spent on the putting green and short game/pitching/chipping. I'm enjoying the warm-ish weather and since the range is closed, I have no choice but to chip and putt. Probably explains how I had one of the best short game rounds I've had all season on Tuesday.

I've been playing around with a reverse-overlap palm type grip for my pitching and chipping at the recommendation of Scott Fawcett on Twitter and have had some really great results. The grip seems to keep the wrists out of my short game which has led to a lot more consistency. He recommends it from 60 yards and in, but I've found with I can go out to about 80-85 yards with my 54 degree wedge and really "dead arm" the ball well. Nice high, soft flight.

I do really need to practice my 45-65 yard shots, however. It's just an uncomfortable distance for me.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Pretty cool to be the student whose lesson became the topic of the Teacher’s YouTube video.

Spent 30 minutes on the range working on trying to get a bigger shoulder turn.  Works well for short irons; need more work for driver.

Spent 20 minutes pitching range balls to the pitching green working on low, medium and high trajectory shots from 35 yards with my 60º.

After the discussion with @cnosil in the bump and run thread, I spent 30 minutes practicing bump and runs on the putting green.  I nearly always use my 60º for all shots around the green, picking a spot to land the ball on the green after judging how much rollout there will be (ball dependent).  Today I spent most of my time using my 49º gap wedge to get a better feel for the bump and run shot.  I have used that club a few times but never felt confident with that shot.  I need more sessions, but I think I may be using the 49º more often when close to the green, except for shots where the pin is close.  Worked well for 15-30 footers; didn't try it for longer distances (people on the other part of the green).  I tried my 44º PW, but the face is hotter than my other wedges and difficult to control distance.

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I nearly always use my 60º for all shots around the green, picking a spot to land the ball on the green after judging how much rollout

Guess I look at it the exact opposite way (isn't golf a funny game?) - I visualize the shot I'd like to (emphasized 😜) hit and then figure which wedge might be the best fit for the job....

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg