TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

I got back out to hit some balls into the net and a few speed stick swings this morning.  I had been laying off the whole week.  The ice on the driveway won the battle earlier this week as I was chopping it up & had my shoulders and elbows really sore.  A slight slip had my knee swollen too but that has gone down now too.

The swings weren't great, I felt off balance the whole time.   But I figure I am one day closer to having it worked out!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Had the day off and made it up to the range. Temperatures are finally back into the 30s and low 40s, so by the end of my session I was able to be in short sleeves. What a nice feeling.

I'm proud of myself today because the session started off where my last two left off with lots of terrible toed shots with no zip. I've been guilty of chasing numbers on the Mevo lately, and I think parts of my swing had gotten out of sorts because of that. Today, I started by just videoing myself without the Mevo, and after the first 15 or so terrible swings, stopped to see what was going on. 

Posture/hips came up in this thread earlier this week, and I've got a lot to do on my posture at setup. Basically, what feels to me like standing straight up and reaching for the ball is actually good posture, while what feels like good posture has me bent too far over and very close to the ball. I started focusing on feeling like I wasn't bending over at all at address and the rest of the session went very well.

I only hit 10 or so drivers but they were fantastic with that setup thought, and I believe I set a new ball speed record for myself on the Mevo with my last drive, which was smoked right down the middle of the range where I was aimed.

IMG_26022021_143545_(1280_x_960_pixel).jpg.25314697c95292fd9e831e89e01bcb9c.jpg

749582766_Screenshot_20210226-143513_FSMevoGolf.jpg.480f67722d8b55f8846f8f80671b70a6.jpg

I got a chance to try out the new-to-me Cobra Utility and the MMT hybrid shafts. The Cobra is about what I expected from a driving iron - pretty unforgiving on the worst hits, but good for 200+ carry on average hits and 220+ carry when middled properly. It will definitely see action on drier days.

The MMT TX hybrid shafts are noticeably more stout than the Tensei Pro Orange I was using, but what I liked about them is that I don't think I hit one that hooked to the left. Everything played straight or a slight cut, with the worst shots being fades, which is probably a better flight for me with hybrids anyway. I think they both will stay in the bag, which means I have some more shafts to sell now.

Unfortunately, my camera angle was too far behind me, but this was a nice 5 iron nearing the end of the session. I still seem to struggle with getting my feet and shoulders properly aligned. It's something I want to talk about at my next lesson, for sure. My shoulders are aligned properly to my target (which is blocked out by my poor camera view), but my feet are aligned quite a bit to the right.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

20 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I had to come home from work and do some touch up cleaning on my car because I found out today that my new lease is in and I am scheduled to pick it up tomorrow. I was hoping to get a full practice session in, but I ended up taking a few swings at the Divot Board instead. 20210225_175210-01.jpeg.92e093bb4ff9a26698be8182fca73abe.jpeg

It's starting to get there, still have a long way to go, but I'm loving the feedback I'm getting from it. I'm still working on not swaying and better rotation. Getting out of the habit of relying on my arms in the golf swing is going to be a long, hard road but one I hope pays off. 

I recently saw this video as I have a slight sway in my swing and move too much into my trail leg.

Not trying to play coach but I thought it was worth a share! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

logged some sim time today. worked through the bag, then played a round at Augusta (shot 89...not mad about it)

it’s fair to say things are getting pretty serious with the driver. check that ball speed and carry. i think aiming left is a response to always missing big right, so now that i’m squaring things up i’m finding myself way off to the left. i’m thinking a little setup change is all that’s needed 

and heres a good one with the 3w. man i love hitting this club 

i promise i don’t just hit driver and 3w...i just think people would rather watch these than a nice draw with a 7i

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

6 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

logged some sim time today. worked through the bag, then played a round at Augusta (shot 89...not mad about it)

it’s fair to say things are getting pretty serious with the driver. check that ball speed and carry. i think aiming left is a response to always missing big right, so now that i’m squaring things up i’m finding myself way off to the left. i’m thinking a little setup change is all that’s needed 

and heres a good one with the 3w. man i love hitting this club 

i promise i don’t just hit driver and 3w...i just think people would rather watch these than a nice draw with a 7i

Absurd man, that distance is absurd. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Working on clearing the hips better. Still have some early extension in there, going to take some time to get rid of that.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Nice

I threw the putter in the trunk and somehow managed to arrive 30 minutes early for a lunch meeting at the club.

Worked on holing short putts - 3-5 footers. League is coming up and it’s putt them out, play them down. Time to get the game face on.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I recently saw this video as I have a slight sway in my swing and move too much into my trail leg.

Thanks for that @B.Boston! That was a good video and I'll incorporate that drill next time I swing a club. I've noticed I have a habit of getting my weight on the outside of my trail foot on the backswing and this looks like it might help with that.

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Absurd man, that distance is absurd. 

I thought the same thing. @Chip Strokes that hang time is crazy! I couldn't get a ball to stay in the air that long if I hit one off a cliff. 

Feeling crappy on the day after my 2nd C-19 shot.  Arm is very sore; joints ache, slight fever.  I have a tee time at 9:46 tomorrow, so I thought I should go to the range and see if I can hit a ball.  Sunny and 20 mph wind blowing in my face.  Even though the balls didn't go very far, at least a bad shot was very noticeable. I didn't have enough energy to hit all of a medium bucket, but I managed to hit some straight drivers after the first dozen or so.

We got brand new range balls at the club today!!!  Yes, the mats are still out; grass hasn't started growing yet.  We can tee up for driver in-between the mats.

IMG_1358.jpeg.8052aabb16d22ddd0823e04004d1bc2f.jpeg

The mounds you see on the left and right of the range are very typical of what you see on most holes on the course.  Wayward shots are penalized with uneven lies.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Feeling crappy on the day after my 2nd C-19 shot.  Arm is very sore; joints ache, slight fever.  I have a tee time at 9:46 tomorrow, so I thought I should go to the range and see if I can hit a ball.  Sunny and 20 mph wind blowing in my face.  Even though the balls didn't go very far, at least a bad shot was very noticeable. I didn't have enough energy to hit all of a medium bucket, but I managed to hit some straight drivers after the first dozen or so.
We got brand new range balls at the club today!!!  Yes, the mats are still out; grass hasn't started growing yet.  We can tee up for driver in-between the mats.
IMG_1358.jpeg.8052aabb16d22ddd0823e04004d1bc2f.jpeg
The mounds you see on the left and right of the range are very typical of what you see on most holes on the course.  Wayward shots are penalized with uneven lies.
Credit on you for being out to hit anything after the 2nd shot. I didnt leave bed, chills and fever for most the day. Do you feel the range helps prepare you for the course because of the similarities?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, tchat07 said:

Credit on you for being out to hit anything after the 2nd shot. I didnt leave bed, chills and fever for most the day. Do you feel the range helps prepare you for the course because of the similarities?

Not really.  The mats are terrible indicators of a good strike.  Even when the mats are removed (when the turn on the irrigation), the turf on the range is nothing like turf on the course... one of my pet peeves, but it's a muni so I don't expect major changes happening anytime soon.

I spend time on the range working on one particular shot, and about 20 balls before a round just to loosen up; no swing thoughts.  Today I was just trying to hit the ball... period!!  

They have elevated mounds in the range with colored flags for distance.  I don't use them for distance, but I do aim at them.  The problem with the mounds is that you can't see the ball that flies over a mound land.  Off to the right and left toward those two trees, you can see balls land, so I aim there for longer shots.  You have to be careful; shots over the left mounds are in #9 fairway and shots over the right mounds are in #10 fairway.  #10 can be dangerous at times.

EDIT:  BTW, I did start to hit decent shots, and didn't feel any worse afterwards.  I think maybe getting some exercise might have helped with recovery.  Will know in the morning.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So I have hardly played the last 5 or 6 weeks because of the bad weather down here. I went out yesterday for 9, and was spraying it all over. Rather than go figure it out on the range afterward, I scheduled a lesson for today.

The guy I saw was fantastic. He’s an older gentleman who was hired as a starter at one of our courses this winter. One of my friends down here told me what a fantastic teacher he is/was, and introduced me to him a couple of weeks ago.

It turns out he’s led quite a life... made it to AAA in the Cardinals minor league system, played on various mini tours, including the Nationwide. He’s been Director of Golf at two of the nicest clubs in the state, and was named a Top Teacher for quite a few years before retiring from teaching.

Rather than get super technical, we decided to just focus on my sequencing.  He started me off doing a half swing impact drill with a 8 iron (which is about as basic as it gets), then we moved on to a 3/4 6 iron. 

I asked  if we could work with my wedges a bit, and I’m so glad we did. My gosh the man is like a wizard with a 60*, lol. We finished up with some full swings with the 5, 7, and 9 iron, and then five 3 wood swings, each of which I flushed (shocker) before we called it a day.

The time flew by. Never took the cover off my driver, and yet it was probably the most productive hour I’ve spent on the range in a long, long time.

The Pro at my club texted me this evening and told me this man mentioned how much HE enjoyed my lesson, which blew me away. I think I’ve found the instructor I never thought I would, and plan on working with him on a regular basis.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Not really.  The mats are terrible indicators of a good strike.  Even when the mats are removed (when the turn on the irrigation), the turf on the range is nothing like turf on the course... one of my pet peeves, but it's a muni so I don't expect major changes happening anytime soon.

I spend time on the range working on one particular shot, and about 20 balls before a round just to loosen up; no swing thoughts.  Today I was just trying to hit the ball... period!!  

They have elevated mounds in the range with colored flags for distance.  I don't use them for distance, but I do aim at them.  The problem with the mounds is that you can't see the ball that flies over a mound land.  Off to the right and left toward those two trees, you can see balls land, so I aim there for longer shots.  You have to be careful; shots over the left mounds are in #9 fairway and shots over the right mounds are in #10 fairway.  #10 can be dangerous at times.

EDIT:  BTW, I did start to hit decent shots, and didn't feel any worse afterwards.  I think maybe getting some exercise might have helped with recovery.  Will know in the morning.  

You should feel fine by tomorrow, or the next day. 

Im not scheduled for my first shot until 4/7, because the state of S.C. is well, let’s just say frustrating at times.

My sister up in NY went through what you are though after her first shot last week, and was told that means the shot is working 😳. Anyway, she felt better the next day. My 92 year old dad never had any after effects at all, but he had a different shot. ( not sure who had which).

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Sometimes when you work midnights and 7 days a week, you find creative ways to practice. 😄🙃

20210227_005344.jpg

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

3 hours ago, AmishJason said:

Sometimes when you work midnights and 7 days a week, you find creative ways to practice. 😄🙃

20210227_005344.jpg

That's when you know you've got an obsession. 😂

I can't say I blame you, working that much, and on nights, you've got to get your fix. 

5 hours ago, AmishJason said:

20210227_005344.jpg

That’ll help with some hand eye for sure

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Finally got the chance to get out to the range today to put the Honma driver up against the Radspeed. It's going to be very hard to decide as they both felt great and strikes were surprisingly good with both drivers. I'm going to have to get on a launch monitor to really figure out which one gives me the best numbers. Only problem was high strikes due to the fixed tees on range mats.

Craziest thing is when I told my wife I can't decide which one to keep she said to just keep both

20210227_150651.jpg

20210227_150632.jpg

Spent some time rolling putts on the Exputt and then doing some gate drills to ensure ball was starting online and I was hitting the center of the face.   

Switching putters based on the  most wanted testing.  Pulling the Odyssey 10 out of the bag and putting my TM EST 79 putter back in.   Today's practice seemed to confirm that I may roll the ball better with a blade putter. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Finally got the chance to get out to the range today to put the Honma driver up against the Radspeed. It's going to be very hard to decide as they both felt great and strikes were surprisingly good with both drivers. I'm going to have to get on a launch monitor to really figure out which one gives me the best numbers. Only problem was high strikes due to the fixed tees on range mats.
Craziest thing is when I told my wife I can't decide which one to keep she said to just keep both
20210227_150651.jpg.73df6096fb04b8d2c674c2e030980459.jpg
20210227_150632.jpg.a63448aee057647f3b84b791bfe13ace.jpg

That’s something my wife would say... until I tell how much they cost lol

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

On 2/26/2021 at 3:50 PM, B.Boston said:

Messed around with this and really love the swing thought. I too am guilty of a sway/slide pattern. Looking forward to my next range session to give this a shot.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 2/25/2021 at 6:22 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I had to come home from work and do some touch up cleaning on my car because I found out today that my new lease is in and I am scheduled to pick it up tomorrow. I was hoping to get a full practice session in, but I ended up taking a few swings at the Divot Board instead. 20210225_175210-01.jpeg.92e093bb4ff9a26698be8182fca73abe.jpeg

It's starting to get there, still have a long way to go, but I'm loving the feedback I'm getting from it. I'm still working on not swaying and better rotation. Getting out of the habit of relying on my arms in the golf swing is going to be a long, hard road but one I hope pays off. 

Alright.  I'm sold on this.  I had to look it up after seeing this post and wondering what exactly it was.  These forums are always dangerous to someone with a weak will.

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

1 hour ago, AmishJason said:

Alright.  I'm sold on this.  I had to look it up after seeing this post and wondering what exactly it was.  These forums are always dangerous to someone with a weak will.

You ain't kidding, these forums will lead you to buy things you never knew you needed. I can't say I'd endorse too many training aids, but this, SuperSpeed, and the Planemate are legit. 

44 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

You ain't kidding, these forums will lead you to buy things you never knew you needed. I can't say I'd endorse too many training aids, but this, SuperSpeed, and the Panthers are legit. 

It definitely beats not having anything for that and it adds being able to check club head path without tearing up my yard or going through tons of powder spray.

46 minutes ago, AmishJason said:

It definitely beats not having anything for that and it adds being able to check club head path without tearing up my yard or going through tons of powder spray.

It'll definitely save you from tearing up the yard and it's great for practice even without a ball. As @GolfSpy MPR mentioned, it'll show wear quickly but it's held up extremely well after the initial wear. 

Today worked on the “wall drill” (minus the club). Keeping my back side connected to the wall on rotation is eye opening. Was able to do it and was really focusing on the motion. Could feel myself being forced to keep my squat down. Will continue to do this daily and hopefully translates to the range/course 

36B67F7C-B246-4426-9FB6-B9168BB46C29.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Today worked on the “wall drill” (minus the club). Keeping my back side connected to the wall on rotation is eye opening. Was able to do it and was really focusing on the motion. Could feel myself being forced to keep my squat down. Will continue to do this daily and hopefully translates to the range/course 

36B67F7C-B246-4426-9FB6-B9168BB46C29.jpeg

I do this drill as well. Haven't been able to transfer it over to real swings yet. 

Also, I use the back of the couch as my wall so that my arms can swing without destroying drywall. I am short enough that the cough works well as the wall. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Beautiful day today, but way too wet for the ranges to be open, so I played on the sim. Not enjoying it much anymore, and my swing just didn’t feel right with irons and wedges. Oh, well, I had a chance to go “play” so I can’t complain about that.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Very nice day in the PNW today.  Sunny and pushing 60.  And I didn't have a game.  So, off to the range.  Took my 7 iron and driver, along with 2 alignment sticks.  Goal was to mainly work on weight shift, balance in the finish.  Started off using the 7 iron and a step through drill to get a solid feel of getting to the left side and hips fully clearing.  After several minutes of doing this, began easy full 7 iron shots, trying to focus on smooth and fluid swings (i.e. no jerking from the top, no off balance finishes).  Also focusing on maintaining my angles at impact.  This really help promote the feel of clearing the hips and produced some very solid shots and soft draws.  After working on this for awhile, I moved to the driver to work on the same objectives.  Had to really focus hard on not trying to smash the driver and lose my tempo.  When I did, I'd lose the ball to the right with a push fade.  Worked on the range for 45 minutes or so.  Moved over to the practice chipping area and worked on short pitches with the 60*, focusing on keeping my rhythm and soft arms and not rushing the transition.  I use a 24 ball shag-tube and after 2 rounds, moved to hitting short chip shots with the 60*, 56*, and 52* wedges working on solid contact and distance control.  All in all, a good practice session today.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Sometimes it is the little things. I have been struggling with my irons recently - toe strikes and pulls. As I was wrapping up most wanted testing yesterday Phillip asked if I always play my ball that far forward. We moved it back a bit and while the shots were a little bit toward the toe it was much better and ball flight was a nice right to left draw. Only concern is that it really moved my path a bit too far in to out. My instructor wanted it to be 2-3 but I was a bit over 4.

Going back tomorrow to do a bit more practice and see how things shake out. Also need to get to a Range to film the swing to get my instructors thoughts.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG