TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

We have a little something going through the school community. Given the number of times I need to preach for big (wedding and funerals) in the next ten days I decided to work from home.

So I started at 5 AM and took a midday range break to try out the 410 LST head.

Of course my Rapsodo doesn’t give spin rates so that parts a guess until I get to a real LM and/or see it perform on course.

Once I got the Motore shaft I I really nutted them.

Image1615324570.869377.jpg

Shot after shot on the sweet spot, launch rates 13-15 degrees and even though into a 15 mph wind some roll out down range.

I will look to get out again tomorrow. Hopefully the wind lays down or at least turns around a bit. Our range has two sides but the opposite side is under repair. They were laying the sod today.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

3 hours ago, edingc said:

It's 60-plus here today. Inching closer to the season. Drove by my course on the way home from work and could have stopped and played No. 17 and No. 18 by the looks of it. Saw some drone shots of the rest of the holes last night and there's still a lot of snow to melt. Supposed to get some rain tomorrow and Thursday, so that will help. I bet I'll be out on the course before the end of the month!

Anyway, now that my backyard is thawed I've been working on chipping and pitching and making some good progress. I watched some Gareth Raflewski stuff last month and made a few changes to my setup. So far, so good. I've never put a lot of time into my short game, so now I'm trying to develop the following four shots:

• Bump and run - Basically a scaled down version of my full-swing, will release and run a lot even with my highest lofted wedge.
  • A true "pitch" - I'm a late wrist set person in my full swing, so in order to pitch I need to feel like I set my wrists from the get-go. Should land softer and run less.
  • A "dead-arm" pitch - I've found if I keep my arms as straight as possible and go around my body more I can hit a higher spinning pitch that stops quickly.
  • A "putting" chip - Putting grip and swing, toe slightly down. Going to be good from off the fringe and trying to practice with all four wedges for different types of run out.

Trying to keep it simple, but more refined than in the past. Last year I'd try to hit every shot around the green like a bump and run and that's not ideal for me. 

This is from Gareth working with Ian (TXG) on YouTube. Gareth is eye opening. If you struggle with wedges check out the videos he did with TXG. 
I love this position.
50/50 weight.
Neutral hands.
Sternum slightly forward.
Ball off left heel.

image.png.f45e2a2a7b6867cc24b8bef9c98eb861.png

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Finally had some free time tonight and was able to give the Puttout a try. I can definitely see why this can be so addictive. Started out from 5’ away and was able to get a “perfect putt” on my 13th attempt. Had a couple of close ones before that which really made me want to focus and get it done. 

FF09DCF9-20DB-40B0-A5F6-7FA21B4E9832.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Went to the range for the first time since the snow!!! It’s been SO wet here. It was GREAT to finally get some swings in.

My “new” swing is still a work in progress, and one drill I do each time now is to work on how my club gets to the ball. I tend to come over-the-top and I get steep, so I’m working on dropping that club, and also adding more rotation to take pressure off my lower back. 
Here’s pic of the drill I do. You can see the ball out past my rear foot. The idea is for the club head to travel over that ball on its way to the ball I’ve addressed. It not only works on helping me drop the club on-plane, but also rotation because I’m going to have to turn my hips and body around to the left to help make contact with the ball I’ve addressed. If I just rotate from the top, the swing gets steep, so this keeps me working on two things at once. The ball behind me is two feet straight back from the addressed ball, and then one foot straight back parallel to me. I’m not hitting the rear ball, just making sure the club head passes directly over it on its way to making contact with the ball I originally addressed.

Second pic shows the result. The club shaft lines-up with my forearm on the way down.

8658DF18-397A-4111-91DF-4F390F319A0C.jpeg

8813FF28-B75D-4B5D-9B07-4C2BD757D1E7.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Back in the game a bit after hurting my wrist at work back in late December. Last night was some light hitting with wedges. Worked a a grip tweak and on my over the top issue  Tonight was more of the same but added some full 7i shots as well  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

17 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

This is from Gareth working with Ian (TXG) on YouTube. Gareth is eye opening. If you struggle with wedges check out the videos he did with TXG. 
I love this position.
50/50 weight.
Neutral hands.
Sternum slightly forward.
Ball off left heel.

image.png.f45e2a2a7b6867cc24b8bef9c98eb861.png

I look so young in that photo!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Didn’t play today; they are punching fairways and rough.
Image1615411947.247003.jpg

Spent 2 hours on range try to work out my issues. Might be that my stance is too narrow. Widening it helped. More practice needed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Spent some time after testing today to work on the iron swing.  Slowly getting better;  contact is moving toward the center and I am getting the face position in a better spot at impact.   I decided to give the smartball a try to see if it provided any benefit.  I was really impressed with the aid and it seemed to put my in good positions during the swing.     

Based on how the swing is progressing I am excited to see how I do next time I am able to get to the course.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’m going crazy guys, been stuck in the house for a week barely able to walk.

I was all pumped a week and a half ago after my first lesson, and hitting balls the next day at the range. Then I woke up last Friday and couldn’t get out of bed. Every once in a while my back just goes out on me, and it was that time I guess.🙄 This getting old stuff ain’t what it’s cracked up to be, that’s for sure!

The good news was there weren’t any sciatic issues, I just couldn’t straighten up because of stiffness in my lower back. Anyway, it’s starting to ease up and I’m hoping to hit the range and do some short game work tomorrow, then if it feels okay, hit a bucket or two Friday. Then come Saturday I’ll be the pigeon in our money game.... I’m sure the guys will be drooling at the chance to take my donation after two weeks off and still having a tender lower back!

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m going crazy guys, been stuck in the house for a week barely able to walk.

I was all pumped a week and a half ago after my first lesson, and hitting balls the next day at the range. Then I woke up last Friday and couldn’t get out of bed. Every once in a while my back just goes out on me, and it was that time I guess.🙄 This getting old stuff ain’t what it’s cracked up to be, that’s for sure!

The good news was there weren’t any sciatic issues, I just couldn’t straighten up because of stiffness in my lower back. Anyway, it’s starting to ease up and I’m hoping to hit the range and do some short game work tomorrow, then if it feels okay, hit a bucket or two Friday. Then come Saturday I’ll be the pigeon in our money game.... I’m sure the guys will be drooling at the chance to take my donation after two weeks off and still having a tender lower back!

BEWARE THE WOUNDED GOLFER!!

I have found, more often than not, that when a golfer has a pain, they tend to swing a little easier and make better contact.  The result is a great round because you aren't expecting much.  Don't worry about it.  Just take their money and say Thank You!

Two consecutive days in the high 60’s when you live in WNY means you take out a wedge and hit pitches off your dead lawn 😊

A5D33D0B-30BB-4B2F-97E7-0064EE172152.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Was able to hit real balls, out to a real range, with a real tee shirt on. 

19968642-EE89-457D-A231-72AD08FC3F45.jpeg.86821442340733d4f2e8e12ded14e67d.jpeg

swing wasn’t terrible, a bit off the heel for misses. But the pure ones...

F0F1E2D4-2665-4DC1-B32C-DCE8CF6B605E.jpeg.264d2f0924c7fb881f2897dd0fccf588.jpeg

The guy next to me was a little too impressed by my swing speed. I know that 110 isn’t all the common, but I know it’s not really rare either!

oh, and the balls were Sh!t. My cousin owns the range, they haven’t swapped balls yet so these have been the batch all winter. I’d smash about 5% of My balls were cracked or damaged. I almost know what it’s like to play a chrome soft now. 😉

And since that wasn’t enough for me I popped into the PGASS near by to hit a few things. 
339CA74F-9624-44E4-9F9D-0654F61485A7.jpeg.70068421d473e151fb1502c157bdf5f4.jpeg

88C82E9B-6AE5-4453-A6AA-2B1964981B87.jpeg.b286b01637acf9095c0ca1f1a3307154.jpeg

I can see why the Motore X was so loved during testing. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Some quality time with my swing coach today.  Worked on a couple of issues.  First, we used Blast Motion to look at my tempo numbers, both before and after some adjustments we made to the takeaway.  The adjustment was to take the club head straight back rather than slightly away from me, which was my tendency, and to get the club a bit more vertical at the top and less laid off.  Used a lead foot back drill to force me more upright in the takeaway and better control balance through the swing.  Balance is always an issue for this old guy with 2 replaced knees and a bad left foot.  Results were much better contact and balance throughout the swing -- the swing's a bit more compact, but much better connected.  Blast motion numbers also saw the improvement.  Mainly worked with a 7 iron, but finished the session with the same mindset with the driver.  Again, the results were an improvement but it accentuated my tendency to get lazy with my hip turn on the downswing.  Something to work on tomorrow prior to my weekend play.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2nd day in a row on the range hitting the large bucket of balls.  It's too many for this old body; I usually get a medium.  Contact with driver was much better than the past weekend; I hope I can take this to the course this weekend.  I ended up taking 20 or so to the pitching green after I was gassed.  

The pitching area is all torn up from lots of players using it all winter.  Hopefully, they punch and sand it this week.  I had a nice grouping on the green from 25 yards out, just working on contact and using the bounce.  Here's the sole of my 60º/12º wedge afterwards:

IMG_1363.jpeg.b598f0bba3f1691d87189677d06d1755.jpeg

@Kenny B ... don't you just love those mats? 😄 😄

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

@Kenny B ... don't you just love those mats? 😄 😄

I don't use my SW or LW off mats.  The green on my LW is from bruising the grass.  Who says you can't pick a ball off a tight lie with a high bounce LW!!

Trying to grove my driver swing today. 80% thru the bucket pulled out my phone since not matter what I did I was always heely. Closed stance and then things were better. Nothing hooked left and everything was either straight or a straight fade. 

also did some wedge work using use the bounce and got good results

90C0B0D0-A078-442C-BE4D-79AB5AC5AC99.jpeg.7d7904654cd0588378ccd70735d2ed0e.jpeg

as well worked on putting form due to my last round having 42 putts. Made my stance less up fright and things started going better

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

22 hours ago, bens197 said:

Two consecutive days in the high 60’s when you live in WNY means you take out a wedge and hit pitches off your dead lawn 😊

A5D33D0B-30BB-4B2F-97E7-0064EE172152.jpeg

... Just a FYI but the new 2021 TP5x is really improved. Softer feel, more wedge/green side while maintaining low driver spin. I see why so many PGA players switched to the TP5x from the TP5 because the previous TP5x version was pretty hard feeling and lacked a little wedge/green side spin. I have to think someone with your swing speed and game could really take advantage of this ball. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

12 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Just a FYI but the new 2021 TP5x is really improved. Softer feel, more wedge/green side while maintaining low driver spin. I see why so many PGA players switched to the TP5x from the TP5 because the previous TP5x version was pretty hard feeling and lacked a little wedge/green side spin. I have to think someone with your swing speed and game could really take advantage of this ball. 

I loved the TP5 when I first tried it.  Honestly I thought it could have been the perfect ball. The Elixr then caught my eye following the MGS test and I was not disappointed. 

I’ll trust your word and give them a shot. Why not right?  Thanks for the heads up Sam. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Today was a great day, again. 50’s and clear skies with some sun. First 8 iron felt great and looked great on the face. Today was more about getting feel back, being that it was the first swings since last fall. Half the bucket was 52* pitches to 40 and 50 yards. 

1BB5512B-D323-40BC-A250-87AE3B3DB9F8.jpeg

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Working on keeping a little flex in the trail leg in the backswing. All the instructors i have worked with have wanted me to lose some flex in the trail leg in the backswing, but at some point i went overboard and got to the point where on some swings, my right leg would be so straight that my knee is locked or even bending inward (i have flexible joints). Case of overdoing something or going to extreme can start to cause other issues. 

I have to be careful because that knee locking/bending inward is actually a normal feeling for me. Not related to golf, when I am standing, my natural standing position is for my knees to bend inward.

That was probably a terrible description, so see pic below to refer to what I mean. If you asked me to stand up from sitting in a chair, my knees look like the picture on the right, but maybe not quite that extreme. 

genu-recuvatum-hyperextension-of-the-kne

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Another beautiful early spring day for us here in Michigan. Boss OK'ed me leaving a little early to hit the range near my house. They just opened yesterday, so lots of fresh grass to hit off of. Really nice to get off mats and also to be able to film face on.

I was glad to see/feel the turf interaction with the Sub70s seems to be fine, and my swing wasn't too bad either. After hitting solely off mats since December I was a little worried I was maybe getting away with some bad swings, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I mentioned filming face on - I set a new ball speed record with my driver today and caught it on film. My head is a lot quieter than it used to be, but I still have a ways to go. The shot below shows how poor my turn can be, there's so much more potential for speed there. I hit some really great baby draws with the driver today, but when I don't make a good turn into the hip my path comes down left and steep and I start hitting wipey fades or I hang back and hit high-faced hooks.

Overall, a great range session, and excited to get out tomorrow for at least nine holes.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 hours ago, chisag said:

I might have to give those a whirl as Pix. That was the one thing I disliked with last years model. Although my MTB-x are treating me quite well. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

Today was a great day, again. 50’s and clear skies with some sun. First 8 iron felt great and looked great on the face. Today was more about getting feel back, being that it was the first swings since last fall. Half the bucket was 52* pitches to 40 and 50 yards. 

1BB5512B-D323-40BC-A250-87AE3B3DB9F8.jpeg

Swing looks smooth man. Gotta love a good swing early early in the year

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

13 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Swing looks smooth man. Gotta love a good swing early early in the year

Thanks dude...It felt really good to repeat some swings and keep my balance.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Before going with Snell, I was gaming the TP5X and really liked it.  Haven't tried the newer version.

Practiced what I was working on yesterday, today.  Signs of good progress, but even slight swing changes require repetitive efforts.  Playing tomorrow and hope to take (at least some) of the new swing with me.  It's definitely giving me a better ball flight when I execute it properly.

After some range time with irons and a bit with the driver, I moved over to the chipping area and worked on distance control, trying to land the ball on the point selected.  I still tend to not be aggressive enough and will often leave it short of my intended landing area.

More planemate work in the garage this time with driver. Need to feel keeping my trail arm bent and tight so I can rotate through. I think loosing that and getting handsy is why I am getting heel heavy

My Reviews:

I gave my dad my old PuttOUT last night... got this text this AM... He’s already hooked!

IMG_3900.png

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Wrist injury seems to be healed and  tonight I took out my full bag instead of just wedges. Even brought along my new Cobra F9 driver. Working on grip, flying right elbow, and swing plane  Hit the ball real well with the occasional head scratcher. To be expected since Ive been injured since Dec. Pleased with driver and excited for more time with it.  Starting lessons on the 24th and hope to solve my over the top. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX