TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

On 3/12/2021 at 5:12 PM, CarlH said:

After some range time with irons and a bit with the driver, I moved over to the chipping area and worked on distance control, trying to land the ball on the point selected.  I still tend to not be aggressive enough and will often leave it short of my intended landing area.

I did that a lot on the course today!  If I weren't playing tomorrow, I'd be spending a few hours chipping and putting.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 3/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, CarlH said:

I still tend to not be aggressive enough and will often leave it short of my intended landing area.

I have been working on my short game for a while, especially the finesse wedges and chipping and lately distance wedges.   Committing to hitting the shot is crucial and while my technique is much better,  the bad shots come when I don't commit and make a less than aggressive swing.   Work on the mindset and the shots will improve.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 3/9/2021 at 10:33 AM, edingc said:

Yes! That's actually in one of Raflewski's videos. He uses it for when a ball is backed up onto the collar between fringe and rough. The putting chip is so close to blading anyway, I'd just have to move the ball slightly more heel side. The biggest difference would be that the ball would just come out a little hotter.

Not sure why I didn't try it sooner. It eliminates a lot of variables. I seem to be OK with the higher lofted wedges, but I imagine the ball would want to stop and move right just a bit (for a right-hander) due to the slight cut spin that gets put on the ball.

Fingers crossed that my practice facility opens up in the next few weeks as well. I still haven't decided if I want to purchase a short game membership or not. There's a huge putting green and pitching area that's included for free, but there is a private, dedicated short-game area with multiple greens, targets and hitting areas (both turf and mat). Not sure if it's worth the extra money... with unlimited range balls I can always practice pitching out onto the range.

Used the putt chip a lot today. Chipped in for birdie with my gap wedge. And hit a putt chip to 5 feet from somewhere between 30 to 40 yards out with a 4 hybrid lol.

EDIT: This was out on the course, not practice, but wanted to come back to this thread because we were talking about this.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Used the putt chip a lot today. Chipped in for birdie with my gap wedge. And hit a putt chip to 5 feet from somewhere between 30 to 40 yards out with a 4 hybrid lol.

EDIT: This was out on the course, not practice, but wanted to come back to this thread because we were talking about this.

Yup, I used it extensively during yesterday's round with my 8 iron. (Actually one of those was near the end of the video I posted on the post about the round.) Much easier to know how the ball will react/release. Going to use it going forward, for sure.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

2 minutes ago, edingc said:

Yup, I used it extensively during yesterday's round with my 8 iron. (Actually one of those was near the end of the video I posted on the post about the round.) Much easier to know how the ball will react/release. Going to use it going forward, for sure.

Funny.  I use to be an 8i putt/chip player for years and years and only recently switched over to a 56/12 for many of these same shots.  The rest being the Texas Wedge if the grass is fairly evenly cut and not shaggy.  It's taken some work adding this to my game and I now find myself adding that to my pre-round warm-up shots.  Better accuracy and distance control more often than not.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Sometimes i don't understand golf. After my round, was experimenting with grip strength, specifically my trail hand (right hand). I kept my left hand strong (2.5 knuckles or so), which is normal for me. If I weaken my right hand (not super weak), just weaker than normal, I start to hit small push draws, straight, or a slight push. If I strengthen my trail hand, I hit it every direction, but most likely to be a pull fade or poor contact. I would have thought that a weaker right hand would most likely lead to fades or slices, but didn't hit a single fade or slice with the weaker right hand.

I understand the ball flight laws, and theories on grip, but either my swing is just reacting differently than typical with the weaker vs. stronger right hand, or I am missing something in my thinking. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

2 minutes ago, edingc said:

... Good to have those shots in your arsenal. I have come to believe the more short shot options you have the better. I have always used my 58/60* for all shots around the green with great success but that technique has proven problematic here in the desert with very tight Bermuda lies. Down grain the ball just doesn't spin quite as much and if the green is down grain too the ball just rolls out way more and hard to predict. The opposite problem when into the grain as hitting it 1/100th of an inch fat will come up way short. That same shot a little fat with a slightly open face is money on bent fairways. So I have been using my Gw and running the ball through the Bermuda fairways can be sticky and sometimes bounce the ball off line. Gotta keep experimenting with Gw-8 iron until it becomes a staple in my short game. 

... I find it interesting that the ball rolls forever on these tight hard desert fairways which mean reaching many long holes in 2 BUT the short game calls for a completely different arsenal of shots so it will continue be a learning experience. Just when you think you have this game figured out ...

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Sometimes i don't understand golf. After my round, was experimenting with grip strength, specifically my trail hand (right hand). I kept my left hand strong (2.5 knuckles or so), which is normal for me. If I weaken my right hand (not super weak), just weaker than normal, I start to hit small push draws, straight, or a slight push. If I strengthen my trail hand, I hit it every direction, but most likely to be a pull fade or poor contact. I would have thought that a weaker right hand would most likely lead to fades or slices, but didn't hit a single fade or slice with the weaker right hand.

I understand the ball flight laws, and theories on grip, but either my swing is just reacting differently than typical with the weaker vs. stronger right hand, or I am missing something in my thinking. 

... You are making it harder on yourself if your hands don't match on the grip. Your arms will be fighting each other and inconsistency will usually be the result. Try experimenting with changing your left hand to match your right and I think you will have better results. 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... You are making it harder on yourself if your hands don't match on the grip. Your arms will be fighting each other and inconsistency will usually be the result. Try experimenting with changing your left hand to match your right and I think you will have better results. 

Thanks. I will try neutral/neutral. 

Strong/strong for me leads to every direction and a lot of fat shots. 

Updated 07/15/2022

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

Interesting. Thinking about my grip I am probably making things worse. My right hand is neutral to weaker and left is strong (about two knuckles)

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

56 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

37 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Interesting. Thinking about my grip I am probably making things worse. My right hand is neutral to weaker and left is strong (about two knuckles)

How we grip the club influences how we swing the club.  You can find information on how your normal hand position impacts grip and instructors like Mike Adams who base grip on biomechanics.  Find the grip that provides you with the best results. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

How we grip the club influences how we swing the club.  You can find information on how your normal hand position impacts grip and instructors like Mike Adams who base grip on biomechanics.  Find the grip that provides you with the best results. 

I just read the Mike Adams hip speed test as it relates to grip. Quickly did the test and I am slow to medium hip speed, I would say closer to slow. Based on Mike Adams, a strong grip would be a disaster for me. Some of the other stuff he explains about slow hips resonates with me. For slow hips, he recommends two knuckles on the left hand with a weaker right hand, v pointing towards chin on the right hand. 

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I just read the Mike Adams hip speed test as it relates to grip. Quickly did the test and I am slow to medium hip speed, I would say closer to slow. Based on Mike Adams, a strong grip would be a disaster for me. Some of the other stuff he explains about slow hips resonates with me. For slow hips, he recommends two knuckles on the left hand with a weaker right hand, v pointing towards chin on the right hand. 

You can do some experimentation and I know you are but trying to implement things from multiple instructors may not be the best solution either. 

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

You can do some experimentation and I know you are but trying to implement things from multiple instructors may not be the best solution either. 

I asked my coach that i am working with about why i might be seeing better ball flight and consistency with the weaker right hand and he gave a very detailed explanation on why it works with how I swing. He doesn't prescribe a specific grip, for him matchups are more important. 

I will check with him on what he thinks about me modifying my grip a bit, but i am pretty sure he will be good with it, especially since i am going to start with neutral/neutral, nothing too crazy. 

Updated 07/15/2022

... Stuck in Brooklyn but if I brought my clubs with me, I guess I could practice hitting a knockdown 8 iron from the front of my hotel to the T at the end of the tag, which are everywhere in Brooklyn:

Brooklyn.jpg.a5ebf3c1e8758f6efac81b218ca8e702.jpg

Hit the range worked on drawing the ball .. had some good ones was pretty consistent but long irons 6-4 were just trash ... then went to the putting green and worked on close chips and had a good session then some 10 foot putts and closer 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

More putting with a 17* day today.  I am in love with the putt out trainer and I cannot wait until I can put this to work on the course.  I have created a routine where I will leave It set on the floor and If I have a few minutes to spare I will roll a few putts.  I've been playing around with head position and ball placement with my stroke.  Right now I am seeing some nice success with my eyes just inside the line and putting the ball positioned off my left ear.  Catching the ball on the upstroke is really working well for me.

Edited by bens197
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Spent some time with the driver just trying to get the feel for a better and longer backswing and hip turn. Found that specifically targeting weight on the inside of my rear heel at at the top really helped me stay centered.

Also working on not throwing my upper body through the swing, and on tilt at address all at the same time.

Hitting the range tomorrow!

driver.gif.560b04a0eb12d543e744aa37453e3e03.gif

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

12 minutes ago, edingc said:

Spent some time with the driver just trying to get the feel for a better and longer backswing and hip turn. Found that specifically targeting weight on the inside of my rear heel at at the top really helped me stay centered.

Also working on not throwing my upper body through the swing, and on tilt at address all at the same time.

Hitting the range tomorrow!

driver.gif.560b04a0eb12d543e744aa37453e3e03.gif

... Just amazing how easy it is with no ball and fairway in front of you!  I would love to take that exact aggressive carefree swing in my yard to the first tee. 🤪

Worked on my full swing swing changes today again.  Wish we were off mats, but it is what it is. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Worked on tempo and ball striking today, 5 and 4 iron continue to be a bit inconsistent and not as long as I’d like but 6 down is getting really crisp! Focusing on set up and tempo has really helped my contact and ball flight start out of a more consistent window

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

On 3/14/2021 at 3:54 PM, chisag said:

... Good to have those shots in your arsenal. I have come to believe the more short shot options you have the better. I have always used my 58/60* for all shots around the green with great success but that technique has proven problematic here in the desert with very tight Bermuda lies. Down grain the ball just doesn't spin quite as much and if the green is down grain too the ball just rolls out way more and hard to predict. The opposite problem when into the grain as hitting it 1/100th of an inch fat will come up way short. That same shot a little fat with a slightly open face is money on bent fairways. So I have been using my Gw and running the ball through the Bermuda fairways can be sticky and sometimes bounce the ball off line. Gotta keep experimenting with Gw-8 iron until it becomes a staple in my short game. 

... I find it interesting that the ball rolls forever on these tight hard desert fairways which mean reaching many long holes in 2 BUT the short game calls for a completely different arsenal of shots so it will continue be a learning experience. Just when you think you have this game figured out ...

You are right about having multiple short shots. My home course isn't perfectly manicured year-round, so I end up with my fair share of less than stellar lies that I shouldn't attack with a basic pitch/chip. The putting stroke chip gives me a lot more forgiveness assuming I don't need to go over something. Much less likely to flub a chip short or blade it across the green.

14 hours ago, chisag said:

... Just amazing how easy it is with no ball and fairway in front of you!  I would love to take that exact aggressive carefree swing in my yard to the first tee. 🤪

You and me both! Excited to be able to get back to the range to focus on the same feels with a ball, and hopefully, on to the tee box for real at some point.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

3td post injury session. Pulling the ball a bit but struggles expected as Ive made a few adjustments.  Little quick at times. 

My 1st session with my new F9 driver went well. 2nd not good at all, and last night was bad, but a buddy worked with me and we straightened it up a bit. 

The driver has a Tensei Blue in stiff. I was never fitted and never hit it as I was injured when I bought it but I have hit that head and that shaft but never in combo. It felt soft and my buddy agreed. When hitting my 5w in an X, buddy suggested  I should find a driver shaft that matches my 5w shaft since that shaft seems to fit me. Problem being is that it is an old shaft and hard to find. Ebay has one ...hmmmm

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 3/14/2021 at 8:21 AM, cnosil said:

I have been working on my short game for a while, especially the finesse wedges and chipping and lately distance wedges.   Committing to hitting the shot is crucial and while my technique is much better,  the bad shots come when I don't commit and make a less than aggressive swing.   Work on the mindset and the shots will improve.

Exactly my problem!  I should be committed.  😂

With so many things going on in my life right now, I haven't been practicing as much as I used to.  It's difficult being aggressive when you are not confident in your ability.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Worked on weakening my grip a bit compared to what it used to be. This grip feels massively weak to me, but on camera its not really that weak.

(off topic - still supporting the beard i started for the Movember thread lol)

IMG_9152.PNG.5084c36478b2325dc6b02a35e0f1975d.PNG

Updated 07/15/2022

20210316_130516.jpeg.8b204f0e3d995c8cfc625bc63ccc43ce.jpeg been working on hitting the center of the club face. Not perfect but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I’d say that pretty much centered

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

I hit into the net this morning for about 1/2 hour.  Mostly 3/4 8i swings to emphasize set up position, getting wide on the backswing and hip timing.  I had good consistent contact on the face.  When I was done there was a quarter size spot that is slightly toward the toe but not outrageous.  I wish I had a launch monitor, I'd be interested in seeing how far these 3/4 swings fly compared to a full swing.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Well we didn’t get the snow they were predicting last night so I took the opportunity to take some swings after some stretching.  It felt warmer in the sun than the 39* temps suggested and I finally am starting to feel like I’m swinging up to speed again.  I hit 113 on the swing speed radar with a larger number in and around the 110 mark which is great for me.  

The ground was maybe not quite ready though.... I tore up a lot of grass just in running shoes.

FD0CA5F1-006A-4B22-BFBF-1CEB21722581.jpeg.81d323f42d0547bdac96468f299b03b7.jpeg

I also got this reading and some close to it with my 7 iron... I don’t remember ever quite being this high.  And I actually felt really good about my balance on the swing too.

041F7B16-DDFB-4324-9A77-ABBE47C36073.jpeg.038a9016e4138922fff0bba6745869db.jpeg

I’ll be hitting the simulator tomorrow evening and get a chance to hit some real balls which is always nice.  Bring on the Spring!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Spent today at the range on a 55* and sunny day with and some wind. This thing is a rocket launcher. High bombs were hit. Mostly spent time getting a feel for where i need to setup and where the ball should be set on the face at address. 

7F927ABB-81CF-404F-842F-1FAC2E43BED5.jpeg

0F46543F-F4E4-4FD6-B091-37F2E74AFB95.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/