TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Decided to take advantage of some decent weather to hit the range to try and knock the rust off and see how things I’ve been working on he last couple months in the house held up to actual swings and hitting a ball. 

Today was focused on using 7&8i for drills from p6 and left arm parallel to feel more rotation into impact and better face control.

Used the hangar and alignment stick drills for most of these and then would hit shots without them before doing them over again. 

Still a work in progress but slowly coming along

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Decided to take advantage of some decent weather to hit the range to try and knock the rust off and see how things I’ve been working on he last couple months in the house held up to actual swings and hitting a ball. 

Today was focused on using 7&8i for drills from p6 and left arm parallel to feel more rotation into impact and better face control.

Used the hangar and alignment stick drills for most of these and then would hit shots without them before doing them over again. 

Still a work in progress but slowly coming along

Any tinkering with that new fairway wood shaft?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Just now, bens197 said:

Not yet. That will see some time in Tuesday. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hit some balls into the net and also some backyard wedge shots.  Got the impact spot moved from about 2/3 of a ball toward the toe back to the sweet spot by the time I was done.  I just needed to chase my hands down the line a little bit and finish high and the ball was finding the sweet spot regularly.  I guess the hands were staying too low and the club was cutting across the line just a smidgen too much.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Hit the range .. was trying to work on controlling the ball ... didn’t work haha playing tomorrow let’s see how my first round goes 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

First range session of 2021 is in the books. All in all not too bad. I mostly stuck with my PW through 7i just taking it easy, more concerned with straight vs far. Especially since it’s mats only right now, I prefer not being in pain.

Things went well enough that I pulled the driver out towards the end of the bucket. A few low bullets but I also hit a number of really nice shots that wouldn’t have been distance record setters but would have been squarely in the fairway. That works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I went to the range today with the intention of working on one of the drills from the Strike Plan where you try to intentionally hit a toe shot and then a heel shot to develop feel for each in order to learn to move strike and build awareness in your swing. 
I started out warming up with some short pitch shots and was hitting them solidly. Moved on to a 50 yard swing and the shanks came out to play. I had sprayed my club face with Dr Scholl's and had three straight shots not show up on the face. I immediately set up a gate drill and stuck with that throughout my practice. I started to see better results focusing on keeping the club between the tees I had set up. 20210321_151737-01.jpeg.302315b8f04b77ecaf385cbda0a1dc88.jpeg
I then moved on to my 5 wood, as my ability to hit a fairway wood has completely vanished. The first couple of shots I completely cold topped before moving the ball back and focusing on weight shift. I finally started hitting some good ones after that. 
My driver swing was a bit toey. Again, I had to work on weight shift plus weight distribution during setup. I was noticing that my weight was all going back as I added a little shoulder tilt. I'm happy with ball flight, other than one block I was hitting draws and pull draws. 20210321_154102-01.jpeg.82ea0fa1f779a0affce910c44da389bc.jpeg
It was a fun and beautiful day to be out and probably the first time ever on the range I committed the entire session to purposeful practice. It usually deteriorates into a session of just hacking away toward the end. I finished off the day hitting wedges to various targets and distances. 

Nice work! Working on balance and the correct weight distribution has really helped me with my ball striking too

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

28 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Nice work! Working on balance and the correct weight distribution has really helped me with my ball striking too

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It's something I've struggled with over the years and when I can focus on it, the results are so much better than normal. 

Practice feeling like I was swinging free today without a lot of technical thoughts. Main focus was make sure the setup was clean particularly the grip, have a pre-swing thought of pausing and the top and rotating hard through the swing. Once the swing starts, no thoughts, just go. Early extension is going away. Still definitely need more work on a number of things, but swing feels good and is starting to feel more natural. My swing speed looks like its going up a bit without feeling like i am putting too much effort in the swing.

i'm also pretty happy with how this position looks coming into the ball. Not coming too much from the inside like i had been in the recent past. For some, coming from the inside sounds awesome, but its terrible when its too much, its just ends up in a two way miss too often.  

image.png.ced95d514160bbbc60aec861d6483c03.png

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Got to roll putts on my birdie ball mat before work this morning. I love this thing. And it's great that my basement floor isn't totally level so there's actually breaking putts I can practice.

Not that it's necessarily practice, but I got a new chiropractor that's also sports medicine. He's given me a new exercise routine to strengthen my weaker areas and balance out my body. It's only been a few days but alternating that routine in days with yoga I should feel a lot better this season.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 3/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, bens197 said:

Hit some balls with this today.

Like the feel of the shaft and the 3hl paired with it is pretty easy to hit. Had a mid-high flight that was pretty piercing once it got to the apex. Looking forward to seeing what it does on the course and with real golf balls

53 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Hit some balls with this today.

Like the feel of the shaft and the 3hl paired with it is pretty easy to hit. Had a mid-high flight that was pretty piercing once it got to the apex. Looking forward to seeing what it does on the course and with real golf balls

Nice!  What would you compare it to head to head for a similar profile?  Mid-high for a fairway always sounds desirable. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Just now, bens197 said:

Nice!  What would you compare it to head to head for a similar profile?  Mid-high for a fairway always sounds desirable. 

Mid-high in fw is very nice sight. It’s a counterbalanced shaft but doesn’t have the stout feeling if the hzrdus yellow. It feels like a heavier version of the UST helium and kind of like their chrome+ shaft.

from a non UST shaft maybe something like the Aldila tour green.  In a way it kind of performs like the Accra tz5 I have in my m5 5w. 

the cb type shaft isn’t one I usually gravitate to in a fw. 

28 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Mid-high in fw is very nice sight. It’s a counterbalanced shaft but doesn’t have the stout feeling if the hzrdus yellow. It feels like a heavier version of the UST helium and kind of like their chrome+ shaft.

from a non UST shaft maybe something like the Aldila tour green.  In a way it kind of performs like the Accra tz5 I have in my m5 5w. 

the cb type shaft isn’t one I usually gravitate to in a fw. 

I don’t really understand the logic or reasoning for a CB in a FW but there are always outliers that fit the bill. 

Glad to hear it worked well. 👍🏼

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

10 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I don’t really understand the logic or reasoning for a CB in a FW but there are always outliers that fit the bill. 

Glad to hear it worked well. 👍🏼

Yeah the cb in a fw isn’t something that most do. I’m one of the weird ones. Rogue black and silver have been in some of my fw and the helium was a weird one at 59g

Had a decent range session this afternoon; working on the latest drills from my series of lessons .. including getting the hands deeper in the backswing and straightening out the right (trail) arm coming into impact.

Still have some left-right dispersion issues (with more left misses now it seems) but starting to see more solid hits with nice ball flights.

Been working mostly on irons and with my improving swing now I need to learn my new distances!

There was a bit of a headwind so also started to experiment with trajectory - using PW only at this point - and trying to flight the ball low, then medium, then "regular" to the same target. Semi-successful 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Rainy day here so putting in the kitchen is on tap. Really enjoying the Puttout trainer over these last few weeks, definitely glad that I bought one of these. Consistency is definitely improving and it is still fun trying to get that “perfect putt”. 

B2232F39-527F-49FD-AF35-EEE2B57BE980.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Spent an hour a so in my indoor range last night, and maybe again tonight.  Wish I had about 10ft more in the garage to be able to hit driver.  I have been going through my set up, almost mechanically trying to make it a natural event.  When I take the extra time, the ball striking is always spot on.  Contacted a few of the local ranges, that also offer lessons.  Seems the ground is so wet many either haven't opened, or recently closed back down.  

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Got outside on lunch and resumed my official super speed training. I took last week to loosen up and get my swing back a bit and resumed my logs today.

I’m a little disappointed in myself for not finishing week 14 over the summer... I had two sessions left in the level two protocol.

My max was down 7mph from my final swing of training last time but I don’t doubt I’ll be back there soon. Sounds like I’ll get another week of SuperSpeed before my planemate gets in.

IMG_4081.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Some putting work with a 36” ruler working on. Start line. Also used it to understand my stroke and I think I have a possible slight arc. Time for a new putter 😛

also did some planemate work using the divot board and then just the divot board. Realized I struck the board better when I told myself just before to swing nice and easy, otherwise I’d get too ahead of myself and chuck everything 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

With this gorgeous weather being able to swing every day is really nice. Today just tried to crank up my speed. Was 104-109 with my 4 iron (I dare not swing driver outside yet. Don’t want to scratch her up prematurely 😂). Swing feels really good this early 255FABD2-31B9-43EE-96A4-301D6489535A.jpeg.aa42b88b9b5ff70875abca92db8083ad.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

With this gorgeous weather being able to swing every day is really nice. Today just tried to crank up my speed. Was 104-109 with my 4 iron (I dare not swing driver outside yet. Don’t want to scratch her up prematurely 😂). Swing feels really good this early 255FABD2-31B9-43EE-96A4-301D6489535A.jpeg.aa42b88b9b5ff70875abca92db8083ad.jpeg

Got a little sauce in there eh?  109 4 iron... 📬 it!

13 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Waiting for @Chip Strokes to show up with a 109 mph swing, but with a 9 iron 😂

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

It might be in the woods but it’s going somewhere! 
will never hit this on course but hey crank it up when ya can!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

35 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Waiting for @Chip Strokes to show up with a 109 mph swing, but with a 9 iron 😂

I was gonna say I’m coming for @Chip Strokesknowing full well it’s not gonna happen. That’s alright thiufg my sub 85 rounds will suffice shots 🔥 

Check out my reviews:

WITB: