Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

A friend of mine stands over the ball a looong time.  I've watched him on the range, but have never played with him; he's a +2.  I asked him what he's doing standing over the ball so long (he hits great shots).  He said that he only started his swing when his mind was absolutely clear of ANY thoughts.  I honestly don't think that's possible for me!!  🤪

I couldn't do that, either. The longer I stand there, the worse of a nutcase I become. Gotta make a good backswing, shift weight, don't shank, don't shank, don't shank, etc...

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I couldn't do that, either. The longer I stand there, the worse of a nutcase I become. Gotta make a good backswing, shift weight, don't shank, don't shank, don't shank, etc...

The brain doesn't do negatives, is it only "hears"... shank, shank, shank.  Try a positive... in the fairway, at the green, whatever the target is and ignore any hazards or negative swing thoughts.

I think you know what causes it and what to do; just have to focus on something else, and let the brain take care of the swing.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The brain doesn't do negatives, is it only "hears"... shank, shank, shank.  Try a positive... in the fairway, at the green, whatever the target is and ignore any hazards or negative swing thoughts.

I think you know what causes it and what to do; just have to focus on something else, and let the brain take care of the swing.

That's definitely something I'm working on, trying to pick my line, an intermediate target, and attempting not to look up again at what's in the distance once I've committed to the line.

The advice on the brain not hearing negatives is a good reminder. It was something I've heard before, but completely pushed to the back of my mind. Thank you for that!

Didn’t get to do planemate day 4 in daylight hours, so I didn’t both trying to hit the foam or wiffle practice balls tonight when I did the protocol. Starting to see why they tell you not to jump ahead. I was feeling sloppy and went back and did a few rehearsals of the day 1 and 2 drills then started to feel better to continue with today’s work. 

Im really looking forward to seeing what kind of progress I can make here. The different feels the planemate provides you is awesome. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Finally had some stuff click at the range today. I always struggle following a lesson (I had one on March 18), but the last couple of weeks have been brutal as I've tried to work on my "homework." I exchanged texts with my coach last night and went back over some stuff we worked on last fall and struck the ball well today! 

I'm an "early rotator," as my coach calls it, and I get really open with my hips and shoulders while my arms gets stuck behind me. I've been trying all sorts of feels to get my hands and arms out in front of me ("start the downswing with your hands" is what I've been told most recently), but finally got a good move today with the feeling that my hands chop hard down and left to start the downswing. It's going to take some time but the progress was encouraging! I hit a bunch of half wedges before moving into full swings all the way up to driver. I took a little video and was ecstatic to see my hands/arms working more out in front of my body at impact. My club and ball speeds shot up a little bit as well.

Next step is to strengthen up my right hand grip. It's perpetually weak and to square the face I need to perfectly time a slight forward and back movement of the upper body. I was doing some experimenting with my right hand after my session and am definitely holding myself back with a poor right hand grip.

Onward!

20200406.gif.6c4a95d08933a524abd19d9e12fcd949.gif

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

2nd lesson down. Between lesson 1 and 2 all I really worked on was shoulder turn and hand at top. Went in to 1st lesson -8 to -10 on swing path. Left range  at -6 or so.  Worked on it between lessons and went into today -5 or so.  Overall  he liked my work with my hand position. 

Today was swing path with some drills to get me to feel the proper path. Few simple drills and I was easily at -2 .Some more work and I got to + numbers which I prefer not to be as Ive been - for so long I can play that flight so I will shoot for zero of course but...

Two weeks is next lesson and we were both encouraged that I will come in to that lesson with a much improved path and ready to move forward. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Got to the driving range today on lunch. I did my planemate work earlier in the morning so I was just focused on actually hitting the golf ball. 😂

mats only and there was a decline behind me so no camera work to look at the swing unfortunately. Hit them decently well. I was pumped to get to hit the Modus 120x in my irons for real.  They feel so good to me. I was hitting a lot of high and tight draws with my short and mid irons. 

moving into the long game I was super happy to see both the radar up around 110 and this strike pattern:

A826732A-BC72-49B1-8B83-4AB20F9F3E85.jpeg.b8769979bc305e1fff11fa5ff54fda38.jpeg

Some asshat next to me had something like 125 mph on a 3-wood *cough* @Lacassem *cough* but at least he let me take a swing with his new driver. Needless to say the loft difference of 3.5ish degrees lower was no good for me... but I did pop the Motore X into my Speedzone for some swings. Overall it felt VERY similar to the Ventus I have. 

Oh! The highlight of my practice today was how crisp and nice my pitch shots felt using the technique from the first week of Planemate. If nothing else it’s going to be excellent for my short game!

lastly, Mark and I usually end with some closest to the pin challenges but there weren’t that many out so we worked in shaping around things (fade long irons, low ropey draw fairways, etc). He may have had the longest drives and highest swing speed, but I dominated the flop shot contest. 😎

there’s nothing quite like laying your 60* wedge wide open on a mat and swinging as hard as you can and watching the ball pop straight up and travel less than 20 yards down range.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

22 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Got to the driving range today on lunch. I did my planemate work earlier in the morning so I was just focused on actually hitting the golf ball. 😂

mats only and there was a decline behind me so no camera work to look at the swing unfortunately. Hit them decently well. I was pumped to get to hit the Modus 120x in my irons for real.  They feel so good to me. I was hitting a lot of high and tight draws with my short and mid irons. 

moving into the long game I was super happy to see both the radar up around 110 and this strike pattern:

Some asshat next to me had something like 125 mph on a 3-wood *cough* @Lacassem *cough* but at least he let me take a swing with his new driver. Needless to say the loft difference of 3.5ish degrees lower was no good for me... but I did pop the Motore X into my Speedzone for some swings. Overall it felt VERY similar to the Ventus I have. 

Oh! The highlight of my practice today was how crisp and nice my pitch shots felt using the technique from the first week of Planemate. If nothing else it’s going to be excellent for my short game!

lastly, Mark and I usually end with some closest to the pin challenges but there weren’t that many out so we worked in shaping around things (fade long irons, low ropey draw fairways, etc). He may have had the longest drives and highest swing speed, but I dominated the flop shot contest. 😎

there’s nothing quite like laying your 60* wedge wide open on a mat and swinging as hard as you can and watching the ball pop straight up and travel less than 20 yards down range.

Nice. I could never gel well with my modus 120s in S. Glad to see you like them so far. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

29 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Was a good range day! Got my ass kicked in the flops but my shot shaping was pretty impressive! Atleast I know I can do it if necessary!

Swing speed was pretty consistent around the 113 realm today but cranked a few in the 119-120 range with the cruising altitude of 125 with the 3 wood. The rad speed is 💰 at this point in time. Dead nuts or baby draw. Still getting really good peak height with the 8*. As @B.Bostonsaid if planemate does nothing for me but help my chipping I’ll be happy. Took about 15-20 easy chips and 1/2 wedge swings and I’m ecstatic since that’s the weakest part of my game right  now

6BF94573-1F9C-480B-AF9D-AAA4C5F9A1BA.jpeg

9CC27962-6486-4A87-9BB3-04F29755645C.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Great day on the range prior to a rainstorm after work. Dropped the clubs off and headed up. Wanted to test out the new driver shaft. I have been playing lighter shafts around 60g with a hzrdus smoke black, I also had a graphite tour AD Xc which was 64g but felt like a feather compared to the hzrdus. I purchased a Tensei raw white 65s. It didn’t disappoint. It is responsive with good feel. No major kick point. Seemed to help me get a nice lower launch. Working on my aim points. When setting up to go left or right I have a tendency to swing across my body for a hard pull. Working on setting up the club and then Ali going my body to where I want to go visually. Another member stopped in the range and said if he could hit drives like that he’d be on the tour. While I know he was being modest it felt good to have a compliment after putting in the work

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Got to the range for the first time this year which was great. Just tried to get back in the groove and figure out what some new general gapping might be after speed training in the off season. Gained about 7 to 10 yards on my irons and found a nice swing feel that has been working.

Best though was getting to hit drivers. Alternated between the AV Blue stiff that I originally got with the driver and a HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5 that I got from @Lacassem. Tough call as they both did well. The Green obviously felt more stable and felt more difficult to turn over, though that led to some slightly bigger fades, but nothing huge. The Blue held up well and moved a bit less, but I had to really watch the delivery. If I got too up on it then it was some really high ball flights.

Leaning toward the Green with the lower flight and the ability to really hit up on it with the driver at 7.5 and not have it balloon. Playing on Saturday and hope some on course testing will finalize the decision. As for the speed was consistently at 107/8 with a number of ball speeds around 153/2 and one 154. This should mean I can carry my driver about as far as I maxed out distance wise last year.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

6 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Got to the range for the first time this year which was great. Just tried to get back in the groove and figure out what some new general gapping might be after speed training in the off season. Gained about 7 to 10 yards on my irons and found a nice swing feel that has been working.

Best though was getting to hit drivers. Alternated between the AV Blue stiff that I originally got with the driver and a HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5 that I got from @Lacassem. Tough call as they both did well. The Green obviously felt more stable and felt more difficult to turn over, though that led to some slightly bigger fades, but nothing huge. The Blue held up well and moved a bit less, but I had to really watch the delivery. If I got too up on it then it was some really high ball flights.

Leaning toward the Green with the lower flight and the ability to really hit up on it with the driver at 7.5 and not have it balloon. Playing on Saturday and hope some on course testing will finalize the decision. As for the speed was consistently at 107/8 with a number of ball speeds around 153/2 and one 154. This should mean I can carry my driver about as far as I maxed out distance wise last year.

Glad to hear it seems to be a fit!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Just now, Lacassem said:

Glad to hear it seems to be a fit!

So far just really good go at it but when I do still have great contact and good dispersion. At least today, hopefully it can last a little while.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Was doing some adjustments to the counterweighting that i put in my Odyssey Two Ball Ten S. I don't have the stock Stroke Lab butt weight in it, I have Tour Lock weights in it, including one of the weights that you can place down further inside the shaft. Think i have the weighting right to smooth out my stroke. When the weight is not right, i start hitting at the ball too much with my stroke. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Watched a short Adam young video and worked on toe and heel strikes while maintaining low point awareness. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Worth noting that I practiced wedge shots last week from a variety of random distances.

I found myself with 70 yards to a far front right pin on the Par 5 2nd. Hit the 59 degree wedge to 10 feet hole high left.

Also had 56 to an uphill back pin on 16 that I hit to 15 feet (shot was uphill enough that I couldn’t see the bottom half of the pin).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Chilly range session today.

It was barely 50* and breezy, but nice to hit a bucket anyway.

Had two 5 woods register 126 and 129 which were obviously not correct. But I have them so I can post over on WRX now anyway. 🤫

F494D99A-6C56-49AD-BA73-D3CA6AA451E9.jpeg.e54e16503faa435564ef8907e5da5c94.jpeg

7C0EE7FF-CF5B-43AD-A750-478FF6336910.jpeg.39371d3f93c6642219721eedaad532ce.jpeg

Highlight for me came on my final drive of the day. I was aiming for a hoop that sits at the back of the range (300-310 to the tree line) and it started left and cut right back and would have rolled through it if it was long enough. The ball goes up a small hill and disappears over the crest so I’m not sure exactly where it ended up. But I was pumped anyway.

Hit a good spot on the face too!

IMG_4270.jpg

Figured out something important after my round today while hitting some balls at the range. When I start my backswing, my eyes start wandering. This has been a problem for me in the past and causes me to be very inconsistent in terms of contact. When I started looking at the ball, ball striking improved significantly and ball flight changed significantly. Ball flight changed to high push draw. Never seen that before. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Since my irons are in transit to be re-shafted, I took my driver, new Super Hybrid, X2 Hot Pro hybrid, and two wedges to the range to hit a large bucket. After some range work, I went to the chipping green and practiced the 54* hitting various shots. The green was so full of weeds that it was hard to get any feel for what would work on-course, so I just focused on carrying the ball certain distances, and making solid contact.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Experimenting a bit (within the confines of what my instructor wants me to work on). My instructor is fine with me experimenting as long as I am still focused on the key items i need to work on. Why can't this swing show up on the course?

Updated 07/15/2022

Went to the range to practice on strike quality and keeping the ball flight down. Was hitting into a 15 to 20 mile an hour headwind. Was pretty happy with the results and my consistency with the irons. I’m excited to go back to Bandon. Finished the session with 15 driver swings. Had a few a little low on the face but overall pretty much dead center every time!
IMG_3914.JPG

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Worked on short game with chips using 54 and 9i.

Hit chips using what GG refers to 7:30,8 and 9 o’clock (9=hip high) positions and using 3 speeds for each. Slow, medium and fast (not golf swing fast)

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Literally my favorite thing in the world to do on the range!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Since my irons are in transit to be re-shafted, I took my driver, new Super Hybrid, X2 Hot Pro hybrid, and two wedges to the range to hit a large bucket. After some range work, I went to the chipping green and practiced the 54* hitting various shots. The green was so full of weeds that it was hard to get any feel for what would work on-course, so I just focused on carrying the ball certain distances, and making solid contact.

My chipping green is toast too. They lost it last summer when the irrigation went out. My coach says it just puts a bigger premium on your accuracy

Did some chipping and putting practice. Brought out my old flat stick and almost every putt from 12-30 ft out rolled nicely to tap in range. this may stay after all. 

Hit the range with the divot board. With a ball i was now hitting fatter than no ball on the board. Contact was still better. Sadly, my divot board is starting to peel at the edge.

Driver was still a mystery although, I am likely moving away from the Tenesi Pro orange shaft as I don't feel stable with it and don't have much control. The heavier Pro 2.0 TS 7X was easier to control, albeit having a distance hit due to the stoutness. Will see how that performs on Sunday.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Beautiful range day and I cannot wait to get on course. Swing is feeling really crisp this early. 

3A35B8D4-21D1-4154-8350-B0A3436D50BC.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Here is the drill that Tyler McGhie had me do starting Day 1. It’s helped me a ton!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I am a pga professional I grew up playing jr golf with Billy Andrade use to shag range balls for Sam Snead caddied for Ed furgol jerry barber Carolyn keggi and Marlene Floyd .Worked with Aj Bonar Rick Smith and Jimmy Ballard .None of which helped my game!But I was able to take the knowledge along with the help of Taylor made and many college professors figure out what works ,I then took a guy who shoots 78 at 25 years old got him on the nationwide tour and also played in three majors on the pga tour.To my knowledge nobody has gotten these results.The teachings our all wrong that’s why your pro never really fixes you why hank Haney didn’t fix Barkley I’m not doing this for the money but as and experiment text me at [email protected] and for the cost of a breakfast sandwich I’ll tell you stuff that will leave you wondering why .Golf digest said we don’t want the answers we sell tips.I offered to go on the golf ch with a physics professor that would prove butch harmons ideas our just that, so shoot me and email if interested.Probably won’t take a lot but what do u have to lose by asking but another summer of trying.

I dunno Timmer, Breakfast is my love language.

Don’t mess with my Sausage biscuits. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

24 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Here is the drill that Tyler McGhie had me do starting Day 1. It’s helped me a ton!

I like his style. Straight to the point with a good visual. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/