TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

13 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

In my fitting the fitter stopped and videod me to show me my swing. Stopped fitting me and started working in my swing a little. Found out I am creating no lag and my hips are in the way of a better swing path, never really took a video of my swing so I didn’t know this. We worked on some small things which helped me move my hips a little better, changed my club path a little(really far inside), and changed some feelings to help eliminate my push right. My swing speed with a smooth swing impressed him and he was shocked that my smash was a high as it was. Fixed some stuff and gained some distance on the hybrid we were fitting me for. Took so many swings working on things we skipped parts of the fitting I wanted to do, but he spent over an hour helping me fix things. I liked the way things felt and I gained a little distance by getting the club head on a better path. It’s a shame that it was over an hour away if it was closer I’d be getting lessons from there because he did more in a fitting than the one pro I went to and they were super nice to deal with.

That’s great, Fitter seems like a good guy really wanting to help!  Need more people like that.

Hopefully you can get to see him occasionally for a “tuneup”👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Had a pretty rough round yesterday, and my buddy and his wife were hitting the range today so I tagged along. I'm realizing that I really can trust the fade I've been playing since some swing changes over the off-season. Finally was a calm day on the range so I have a much better understanding of the natural ball flight. It was a lot less structure in a practice session than I typically do, but just trying to feel a nice tempo and make good contact felt nice to get some confidence back.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

More planemate. Focusing on takeaway. While I have improved I was noticing issues right at take away yesterday starting to far inside (less break of wrists though which is good), which in turn effected the rest of my swing. Happy with progress but not happy with progress.....Real conundrum 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Like @Lacassem, I am working on takeaway as I have noticed I am coming too far inside. Plus, my left miss has been horrible lately so I am also trying to get a better feel of my hand path starting out down instead of going out. So I took my GoPro out to record video and it is amazing how there's such a difference between feel and real. Screenshot_20210503-190159_Rush.jpg.3469d77a358138267a87e1285c8f0c73.jpg

As you can see, I'm not quite aligned right to either my target line or the camera. Gotta work on that. Other than that, I can tell I'm still coming back inside, but I am pleased with how the club face looks to be similar to my spine angle. I also noticed my rotation in the swing itself needs a little better work, but I was tired after work and my left foot was sore today so I was being cautious. 

I need to bring the Planemate back out, but since I've restarted SuperSpeed, there's just not enough time after work to balance family time and two different golf practices. 

well boys looks like you weren't the only one's thinking about the takeaway today:

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I was only day one of about 12 sessions; today was  Callaway DCB, Cobra King Tour, and Titleist 620 CB 7 irons.   My preference would be the Titleist followed by the Callaway.   I wasn't a huge fan of the impact sound from the Cobra.

... Hit the center of the face. 🤪. Seriously when I first started playing the King Tours I was also disappointed in the feel. Had I not been doing a review I probably would not have hit them again and certainly would not have considered playing them. But after about 10 rounds they became my favorite feeling irons. I think I was making slightly toe contact early and then dialed in the middle of the face. I have also said this many times but all the players irons are so good these days that if you give me 20 testers and every iron will be picked by someone. Have fun hitting them all!

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

29 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Hit the center of the face. 🤪. Seriously when I first started playing the King Tours I was also disappointed in the feel. Had I not been doing a review I probably would not have hit them again and certainly would not have considered playing them. But after about 10 rounds they became my favorite feeling irons. I think I was making slightly toe contact early and then dialed in the middle of the face. I have also said this many times but all the players irons are so good these days that if you give me 20 testers and every iron will be picked by someone. Have fun hitting them all!

I did better today than I normally do and I liked the Cobras better than ones I have hit in the past.  Toe side is my miss so those could be the ones that I remember.   You are right,  about the quality of clubs these days.  After testing we get asked for subjective feedback and in general everything has potential and you have to nitpick to find things for the cons.  I'd be willing to game any almost any club on the market. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Fantastic range day. Planemate has done wonders for me. Much crisper shots and directionally I’ve never been better. I am still jumping a little and a little wristy but I am super happy with my takeaway and transition at this point in time. I feel “controlled”

https://youtu.be/VXn22exYkbc

https://youtu.be/XYiaqs9ucxM

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

24 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Fantastic range day. Planemate has done wonders for me. Much crisper shots and directionally I’ve never been better. I am still jumping a little and a little wristy but I am super happy with my takeaway and transition at this point in time. I feel “controlled”

https://youtu.be/VXn22exYkbc

https://youtu.be/XYiaqs9ucxM

Your swing is looking good! 

I’ve figured out my driver recently. No I’m focusing on getting my GIR up. So a lot of focus on the tempo and form of my 8-sw. Had a couple sloppy ones, but overall went well. Unfortunately the practice green had just been punched so chipping and putting practice wouldn’t have been very productive. 

Had a lesson this morning while on holiday, first in a few years. Adjustments to posture and alignment were the big things, a small grip adjustment to finish things off. Saw immediate improvements in ball flight and distance. Might have to book a week up here and a lesson every 6 months so I can keep on top of things.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Spent some time with the ExPutt dialing in my new putter. Could definitely notice the increased MOI - off-center hits were resulting in less face deflection, and the balls were staying more on line. The Stroke-Lab shaft was also a noticeable difference - felt much more balanced and in-tempo.

One thing I need to get used to is the new lie angle. The new putter is a few degrees more upright, so I often found myself on an out-to-in club path. My time with the ExPutt has shown me that club path isn't a big deal for putters (as long as the face is square to your target) but it's still something I'd like to improve.

IMG_C2BB1DF51436-1.jpeg.e8765e145755bbb8ede9ff4cafc9e33d.jpeg

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

I took a trip to the driving range a little while ago to work on my scoring distance clubs. The range session started out really good at I was hitting 15-30 yard chips and pitches well. I then moved on to the 50-80 yard range and my shanks showed up, so I moved on to irons. I just needed a reset, and I hope I found one. I was hitting my mid irons well and started to think about what I was doing. 20210507_132344-01.jpeg.70932836856e76c61a530fb73044cfd9.jpeg

First off, I was swinging a relaxed swing. Nice and easy and quick through the ball with good rotation. Second, I think I have an issue on partial shots of lunging at the ball with my lead shoulder instead of trying to get it up and around. 

I went back to feeling like I was getting my trail shoulder down at impact and started to see better contact on partial shots. I'm still struggling with going left, but distance control was better. 

I spent a little time at the putting green hitting chips at a hole and finishing them off with putter. I just received my order of TP5x and wanted to compare the two. I'm feeling like they are similar off the putter, but the X spins a little less. It was a fun, productive day and now I can't wait to play again. 

I finally figured out how to reliably stop the overswing and still make a proper turn and have been working on that. Posted more details about it in my ongoing thread. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

We're celebrating Mrs.Chunks birthday tonight, so instead of playing I decided to make another quick trip to the range and work on my scoring clubs and direction control. 

I started out with some 20-30 yard chips and feel that part of my game is coming along nicely. Then I started working on getting an idea of what a 9 o'clock swing with my 52 and 56 will travel. It's hard to quantify what range balls will do, but it looks like I can use the 52 for 75 yards and the 56 for around 60. 

I moved on to irons and wasn't seeing the results I wanted, bad contact and fore left were the theme of the day. I was happy to see I'm trusting my swing when I relax and am happy with the distance. I've always tried to swing hard and tense, but quick and loose is better. 

Near the end of the session, I started with the thoughts of "stay loose" and "low and left". Oh wow, what a difference! I started to see balls going closer to my target and less extreme lefts. Contact wasn't perfect, but not too bad.20210508_141502-01.jpeg.038a6e6387d791891b5c41459622f0f1.jpeg

Hit a few drivers and while not as centered as the other day, I'm still seeing more shots flirting with the center of the face. 20210508_135549-01.jpeg.ea0461b20e1018491c976ba6e28e9502.jpeg

I'm close, I can feel it. 

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... If you don't mind an unsolicited suggestion, have you tried a full swing but at 50% of your normal speed? Most of the time poor face contact comes from swinging too hard or fast. DLIII learned a great drill from his Dad where he had to hit his driver using a full swing but started at 150 yds only. Imagine how slow he had to swing to hit his driver straight but only 100! Once he hit 10 in the grid, he moved on to 150 yds and repeated with a full swing and 10 in the grid before moving to 200, then 250, 300 and finally 350. He said he always got out of sync trying to hit it 350 so 300 was his perfect tempo. Of course trying to hit it "only" 300 he would hit some further but attempting 350 he was swinging too hard. 

... I think it is great that loose and fast works better for you but it won't do you much good if you are missing the center. Remember with a driver you lose 5-7yds for every 1/4" you miss the center, so your heel and high on the face hots could be costing you 28-35 yds or more as well as poor direction. As you swing at 50% and start hitting the center, just increase your swing speed s-l-o-w-l-y and if you continue to hit the center keep increasing your speed. Most are absolutely stunned at how "slow" they can swing and how far they can hit it while conversely finding out they are attempting to swing too fast. Another way to accomplish this when playing is take at least 1 or even 2 more club than normal and still take a full swing, forcing you to slow down. Again, many are surprised when they hit it even further because the club head is moving faster when their body is moving slower. 

... Fwiw, this works with both fast tempo and slow tempo players. Nothing wrong with a fast and loose swing if you are hitting the center of the face but it really is amazing how many swing so much harder than necessary. 

Unsolicited advice from you is always welcome. I have a ton of respect for you and your knowledge of the golf swing. I'll give that still a go, face contact has improved for me but I know I've still got a long way to go to get near where I'd like to be. Right now I'm trying to rid myself of too armsy of a swing and trying to rely more on a rotational swing and try to get rid of the OTT move that's plagued me. 

The last 10 days or so have been an unexpected break from golf for me. The weather hasn't been good for morning rounds, rain closed the range last week and then our dog was sick and so my planned round Friday afternoon was replaced with a vet visit instead.

I made time yesterday for an extended range visit and am so glad I did. I feel like I'm making a lot of progress now, and I'm getting to the point where I can narrow my issues down when things start to go sideways. 

I've been working on a few things since my last lesson:

• Weakening my grip slightly back to "two knuckles."
  • Sequencing: Hands/Arms, Shoulders, Hips (Backswing) ---> Hips, Shoulders, Arms (Downswing).
  • Getting less "underneath" in the downswing. For me, this means getting to my frontside better and keeping my right shoulder higher.

I'm hitting the ball so much better. I was focusing on setting up feeling like my right shoulder was much higher than it had been previously. I had gotten so much tilt in my setup that I'd start falling backward and looping under on my downswing and come really inside/really up on the ball. It was leading to massive hooks and chunks. 

I took the driver out for a few swings, but the tees at the range were a little too far up. I one-hopped my first drive off the back fence and then the second and third shots cleared the fence so I thought I better stop. Contact was good!

IMG_08052021_175321_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg.6d38c4437207c092506aa2923ff17ec7.jpg

I even took out my Cobra Utility iron and had a lot of success with that and also hybrids from the deck. Getting my sequencing right has been a big help in hitting better shots. Right now my big misses are still chunks and hooks when I drop my right shoulder in the downswing and toe shots if I don't get much hip rotation on the backswing.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

2 minutes ago, edingc said:

The last 10 days or so have been an unexpected break from golf for me. The weather hasn't been good for morning rounds, rain closed the range last week and then our dog was sick and so my planned round Friday afternoon was replaced with a vet visit instead.

I made time yesterday for an extended range visit and am so glad I did. I feel like I'm making a lot of progress now, and I'm getting to the point where I can narrow my issues down when things start to go sideways. 

I've been working on a few things since my last lesson:

• Weakening my grip slightly back to "two knuckles."
  • Sequencing: Hands/Arms, Shoulders, Hips (Backswing) ---> Hips, Shoulders, Arms (Downswing).
  • Getting less "underneath" in the downswing. For me, this means getting to my frontside better and keeping my right shoulder higher.

I'm hitting the ball so much better. I was focusing on setting up feeling like my right shoulder was much higher than it had been previously. I had gotten so much tilt in my setup that I'd start falling backward and looping under on my downswing and come really inside/really up on the ball. It was leading to massive hooks and chunks. 

I took the driver out for a few swings, but the tees at the range were a little too far up. I one-hopped my first drive off the back fence and then the second and third shots cleared the fence so I thought I better stop. Contact was good!

IMG_08052021_175321_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg.6d38c4437207c092506aa2923ff17ec7.jpg

I even took out my Cobra Utility iron and had a lot of success with that and also hybrids from the deck. Getting my sequencing right has been a big help in hitting better shots. Right now my big misses are still chunks and hooks when I drop my right shoulder in the downswing and toe shots if I don't get much hip rotation on the backswing.

Just sounds crisp! Swing looks awsome, but more importantly the pup ok?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Just sounds crisp! Swing looks awsome, but more importantly the pup ok?

She's doing better. Vomiting which led to her being dehydrated. Under skin hydration (like an IV) and some anti-nausea meds have helped a lot. Not the first go 'round with it, but each time requires a vet visit to make sure everything else is OK. Blood panel came back normal so hopefully just a stomach bug.

I'm digging the way the GoPro makes the shots sound. I think it was my best ball striking practice in some time. I had my Mevo running for about a third of the bucket and some of the swing and ball speeds I saw were the best I've had for a while. I've learned not to get too wrapped up into them because the range balls are so wildly inconsistent compared to real balls.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

2 minutes ago, edingc said:

She's doing better. Vomiting which led to her being dehydrated. Under skin hydration (like an IV) and some anti-nausea meds have helped a lot. Not the first go 'round with it, but each time requires a vet visit to make sure everything else is OK. Blood panel came back normal so hopefully just a stomach bug.

I'm digging the way the GoPro makes the shots sound. I think it was my best ball striking practice in some time. I had my Mevo running for about a third of the bucket and some of the swing and ball speeds I saw were the best I've had for a while. I've learned not to get too wrapped up into them because the range balls are so wildly inconsistent compared to real balls.

GoPro Definitly works. Is that just the regular sound or do you have a mic with it? I was debating getting one to just plug into the iPhone (videos the other day were so windy and it wasn’t even that bad out)

Fingers crossed for the pup

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

31 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

GoPro Definitly works. Is that just the regular sound or do you have a mic with it? I was debating getting one to just plug into the iPhone (videos the other day were so windy and it wasn’t even that bad out)

Fingers crossed for the pup

That was with the built-in microphone. I've contemplated getting an external microphone, but the sound has been so good with the GoPro mic that I haven't bothered. 

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

My misses are all over the place right now and “self diagnosing” my swing with YouTube videos seems to be making things worse....time to find a good instructor and start some lessons again 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

41 minutes ago, TBT said:

My misses are all over the place right now and “self diagnosing” my swing with YouTube videos seems to be making things worse....time to find a good instructor and start some lessons again 

Look up Adam young nail drill. It’s an external focus that has help myself and @sirchunksalot quite a bit. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

37 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Look up Adam young nail drill. It’s an external focus that has help myself and @sirchunksalot quite a bit. 

I couldn't agree more. I tend to have a whirlwind of internal swing thoughts when out on the course, and simplifying it has helped me focus on task instead of trying to think about every part of my swing. Before addressing the ball I'll try to work on a feel for my swing, but when I address the ball I'm trying to visualize the nail and hammering it. 

10 hours ago, TBT said:

Self diagnosing your swing is very difficult and then you have to find the right fix for that problem.    I had a lesson yesterday and we worked through a lot of things to try and fix a toe strike.   We tweaked the backswing, hip turn, and a few other things.  My problem after quite a bit of diagnosis and reviewing launch monitor numbers is that I have a flying right elbow.  The elbow separation causes a myriad of compensations to try and fix make an effective swing.    getting someone to look at your swing is always a good idea.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

A sore wrist has limited backyard wedge practice but some extra putting has filled in the time.  I have been doing some one handed putting drills.  I noticed when videoing my putter stroke sometimes the backstroke goes slightly to the outside and then I loop it back coming toward the ball.  The one handed putting really makes me concentrate on taking it back straight and then going back to two hands it's real easy to keep it on line.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

16 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

A sore wrist has limited backyard wedge practice but some extra putting has filled in the time.  I have been doing some one handed putting drills.  I noticed when videoing my putter stroke sometimes the backstroke goes slightly to the outside and then I loop it back coming toward the ball.  The one handed putting really makes me concentrate on taking it back straight and then going back to two hands it's real easy to keep it on line.

Interesting. Do either hand tend to break at the wrist when starting your backstroke then the other? Just trying to to think of me personally feel like just could benefit my left hand, I think that would definitely break at the wrist for me

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

15 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Interesting. Do either hand tend to break at the wrist when starting your backstroke then the other? Just trying to to think of me personally feel like just could benefit my left hand, I think that would definitely break at the wrist for me

I didn't notice either wrist breaking down in the video where I noticed the outside stroke.  I think it was just a lazy putting stroke move.  I did the one handed drills with both hands and didn't notice it being easier or harder to keep on line with either hand.  It was a less stable stroke with one hand so I had to concentrate more.  When getting both hands on the putter after the drills it was like...wow this is easy to keep the backstroke on line.  I have straight putt marks on the green for the different holes and was making a lot more from the 15' spot after the drills.  I am going to do this before my round the next time I play.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

Self diagnosing your swing is very difficult and then you have to find the right fix for that problem.    I had a lesson yesterday and we worked through a lot of things to try and fix a toe strike.   We tweaked the backswing, hip turn, and a few other things.  My problem after quite a bit of diagnosis and reviewing launch monitor numbers is that I have a flying right elbow.  The elbow separation causes a myriad of compensations to try and fix make an effective swing.    getting someone to look at your swing is always a good idea.  

The biggest thing I try to take away from my lessons is the "why." Why is this change working? What did that change do to my other match ups to fix my problems? It's been really helpful for me because when things start to go off the rails, so to speak, I can step back and say, "What is my issue and what can I do to fix it?" 

Certainly no substitute to continuing lessons, but lately I've gone much longer between lessons than I did at the start of them and overall it's always just minor tweaks at this point. 

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

(Authors note: I realize before writing what I'm about to say, I have my priorities backward and need some sort of intervention. Golf makes us all do some things that don't make sense.)

I played a round today, then hit the driving range. After my round I wanted to work on approach play and the 100 yard full driver swing drill @chisag mentioned recently. 

I started out hitting wedges to distances of 30, 50, and 70 yards. I was working to remind myself to rotate through these shots and mostly did good with the exception of the 70 yard range.

Moved on to approach, putting a rag under my left arm because I realized that I was allowing it to become disconnected and was chicken winging it. That drill really helped with contact, I just wish the course would open up the grass hitting area as I hate mats and feel like they are deceiving. 

The driver drill was HARD. I hit several shots that were low heel. 20210510_152453-01.jpeg.06968d1fd3aaa88b4279cc0809c8ed98.jpeg

Made an adjustment where I felt like I was starting the backswing by going straight back and was shallowing the club better and see better results. 20210510_153444-01.jpeg.5996bcf72fa94921842e511f35b81940.jpeg

The extreme heel was my first shot that go round and I was able to get a few closer to center. I did have one that was money. 20210510_152738-01.jpeg.2309c364b34f4527c04088e5cffe45d0.jpeg

It was just a tad high, but I'll take that for the first time doing the drill and try to keep that positive thought going into the next time I try it.