TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Two pics from today’s lesson. A before and after. So stoked!

671CD8EE-BEE0-4397-B745-85DCB27FB3E7.jpeg

8407B6E4-BEF9-4748-B136-03AEFFC7A58D.jpeg

34B94BFB-478F-4FC1-B1D2-C1E6A3674B0C.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

After a couple weeks of limited action, my wrist wasn't nearly as sore the last couple days so I got out the 57 & 53 for a wedge session this morning.  About 50 shots with each from 50 and 65 yards. 

The first 10 were not consistent, some short and some long, some on target and some pulled as I felt the heel catch the turf.  Then I found the bottom of my swing, got back in the groove and was fairly consistent with the distance and line with the rest.  I had to concentrate on finishing with my hands high & face open to get the soft landing, spinny shots that should hold the green when I get back on the course.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I watched a great video on developing a practice schedule. I took this guys spreadsheet and adapted it to myself changing some things around to best suit me. I like his idea of creating a google spreadsheet so you can update while you are at the course. 

I also got an net for my birthday last week so i can pratice at home. I am thinking about developing another spread sheet that would be more focused on net practice for the days that I can't make it to the range. With a new born due any day I imagine I am going to be spending a lot of time in my basement. 

Does anyone ahve any good drills they like to do at home or in a net? 

Practice Schedule video

Edited by rmvanbuskirk

Driver :callaway-small: XR 10.5°

Irons: :titelist-small: AP1 PW-4i

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey 56°  & Vokey 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #5 Putter

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Ball: Kirkland Signature V2.0

First day it’s been 6 months since I thought about the golf swing and taking any clubs out

around the green i been placing the ball opposite my front heel and then adjusting my feet and grip depending on the trajectory and/or if I need to hit out if the bunker     Makes it simple if I use this initial set up for my flop like shots 

for chipping I use the hinge &hold technique and use the blade/top edge 

it’s same as my putting motion  not really a swing , more of a stroke, where my follow through is short and sunted just so I can get the ball rolling on the ground right away 

Edited by Haro

For the swing   I have not been feeling it but developed a routine to try to feel it 

I’m right handed and like to hold the club with the right arm and do the zorro setup with the club in the air to feel the weight of the club with my right arm then setup with my left arm when I can feel it with my right arm then set up rest of the body. 
To set up the rest of my body I focus spot in the sky above the target (usually the pin) 

sometimes there is tree line that help me. If not tree line and it’s a open links like course I find it easier to play a fade and hit the as high as I can 

for the draw I use the actually pin as the target for my iron shots 

for fairway woods I don’t like to use it. As the same motion give me a hook. 

The only way I can hit a fairway wood straighter is aiming with shaft with my left eye closed.  I might try a hybrid this summer 

I had to run into the office for a few hours this morning so I hit the range on the way home for a small bucket. The two balls I sent into the woods this weekend were both with my driver (as usual) so after warming up with some wedges I just worked on the big stick. One of my problems is I tend to slide forward so maintaining the feeling of hanging back helps out. Worked on that for a bit then finished up bouncing around my irons. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

One of my problems is I tend to slide forward so maintaining the feeling of hanging back helps out.

I worked on something similar today as well.  My angle of attack is awful with driver (negative 4-6 degrees).  As you can imagine it also increases my spin numbers greatly and I lose distance.  Trying to stay back and a the club to come up into the ball.  Problem is I keep drawing or pulling my tee shots when trying to do this.  

I was on the SkyTrak so I can confirm that my spin and launch angle were both better, but direction was not.  Need to keep working on this.  Possibly get a lesson as I don't want to adjust my swing on the fly without a pga pro giving it a look.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I had to run into the office for a few hours this morning so I hit the range on the way home for a small bucket. The two balls I sent into the woods this weekend were both with my driver (as usual) so after warming up with some wedges I just worked on the big stick. One of my problems is I tend to slide forward so maintaining the feeling of hanging back helps out. Worked on that for a bit then finished up bouncing around my irons. 

53 minutes ago, juspoole said:

I worked on something similar today as well.  My angle of attack is awful with driver (negative 4-6 degrees).  As you can imagine it also increases my spin numbers greatly and I lose distance.  Trying to stay back and a the club to come up into the ball.  Problem is I keep drawing or pulling my tee shots when trying to do this.  

I was on the SkyTrak so I can confirm that my spin and launch angle were both better, but direction was not.  Need to keep working on this.  Possibly get a lesson as I don't want to adjust my swing on the fly without a pga pro giving it a look.

I love how everyone has different things to work on. I'm starting to have the opposite problem as you two and am getting stuck on my back foot. I end up hitting inside and up with an open club face (slice city) or smother hook it left with my hands trying to save it. 

Been doing some slow motion mirror work in the basement trying to feel like I stay more centered on my backswing through looser shoulders and rotation around my head and neck. I have a tendency to pull my head off the ball a bit toward my back foot and from there I get in all sorts of trouble.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Finally got to use the gbox so just started to hit 7 iron to get used to it. Took a couple of swings to actually get a good one but man once I got into the groove those shots felt amazing and straight ! Only one practice with it but I was really impressed 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Really struggled with my irons on Sunday. I’m attributing that to using the lag shot device so that bad boy is going on the shelve for a bit. 

It was extremely hot, dry and windy. Wind was left to right down so not ideal. It’s funny to me that the rapsodo recordings show my shots going straight or a tad right to left even though they all moved right to some extent or another.

After hitting 15 or so drivers I went to work on my irons - yuck, yuck, yuck. Finally after doing a drill my coach has given me I started to hit some good shots.  For me it’s always about sequencing and my was totally off. By the time I was done it was pretty good again but man was I messed up. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

50 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

Finally got to use the gbox so just started to hit 7 iron to get used to it. Took a couple of swings to actually get a good one but man once I got into the groove those shots felt amazing and straight ! Only one practice with it but I was really impressed 

I know the guys over at TXG really gave it a good review and I had to go back and rewatch their video after seeing you are working with it. Keep us updated on how it works out and hopefully we'll hear some good results!

12 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I know the guys over at TXG really gave it a good review and I had to go back and rewatch their video after seeing you are working with it. Keep us updated on how it works out and hopefully we'll hear some good results!

Will do it was crazy felt so good when I figured it out the first one I hit good surprised me .. I was like whoa.... i saw that TXG review and another guy who i forget but he really liked it but not for the $100 price tag which I can see bc some could make it for like $20 but whatever I know I would never actually make it haha 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Had a productive range sesh with the wedges today! Also hit a few 6is and a few hybrids to practice key full swing moves from recent lessons.

Happy with the wedges - varied hitting different wedges to the same target, tried some high vs punch shots, but mostly tried to focus in on aim & alignment, solid contact then distance control.

My wedge game on the course recently has been a little off, so this was a needed confidence booster. 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I did some SuperSpeed training today and saw some pretty positive results. I'm still not where I want to be, but that's why I'm doing it. I'm still sticking to the dominant side only drills due to some pain above my left big toe. I did take a couple of gentle left handed swings and, yep that's what's causing it. I figure doing something is better than nothing. 

Then, after watching @edingc working through his swing thoughts in the awesome video on his improvement thread, I went outside to work on takeaway. I also wanted to take swings like that and focus on making sure the swoosh is happening after impact. It's just a peaceful feeling to have a club in hand swinging it around. 

On 4/19/2021 at 8:47 PM, B.Boston said:

Just a thought. Did you check the apps permissions since the update to make sure it has access to the microphone to hear the shots? Maybe some settings for changes with the OS update. 

A little late here but was gonna suggest the same thing. Also make sure that Arccos has permissions to Bluetooth, of course, and also Location .. some apps / connected devices on Android explicitly require Location to fully function properly...

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

On 4/23/2021 at 12:40 AM, dlow206 said:

Outside of golf, I'm smart and learn and pickup things quickly.

With golf, I feel like my brain is dense and doesn't get something, forgets about something, or just doesn't apply something.

Ditto 🤷‍♂️

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Another small bucket, mostly OK. Driver started out fine but went downhill after maybe 7-8 shots. I've found that the more I stick with one club, the worse I do. After warming up with a wedge, I need to bounce around the bag like a simulated round. If I hit a bunch of drivers in a row, I'm guaranteed to top a few irons, even if I take a bunch of practice swings.

On the downside, looks like yet another owner has taken over the range near my office. Instead of 4 bucket sizes they're down to 2, and prices went way up. The new mats look OK but I always go outside of the covered area to hit off grass. 

hit the range for some work with my wedges today. the shorter the club, the more my newly learned draw affects the ball flight. 

so today was all about setup, alignment, and controlling my ball flight. 

E36FD101-9740-477A-B3A4-376AE20E98C4.jpeg.be30811cfa6e1bb95c206d44b1a1b27a.jpeg

this was my last gap wedge of the day. swing is feeling good. it’s still more brute force than a thing of beauty, but my contact and distance control felt really good today. excited to get out on the course tomorrow 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Just now, Chip Strokes said:

hit the range for some work with my wedges today. the shorter the club, the more my newly learned draw affects the ball flight. 

so today was all about setup, alignment, and controlling my ball flight. 

E36FD101-9740-477A-B3A4-376AE20E98C4.jpeg.be30811cfa6e1bb95c206d44b1a1b27a.jpeg

this was my last gap wedge of the day. swing is feeling good. it’s still more brute force than a thing of beauty, but my contact and distance control felt really good today. excited to get out on the course tomorrow 

Watching you accelerate through the ball is crazy. I also am loving your backswing tempo.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 minute ago, edingc said:

Watching you accelerate through the ball is crazy. I also am loving your backswing tempo.

thanks man! i feel like slowing down my takeaway let’s me control the face a little better. i get myself in trouble when i try (for no reason at all) to get extra distance. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Re-visited the basics during my lunchtime bucket today and walked away smiling.

I have been struggling a bit with a couple of things since my last lesson, most notably weak blocked or cut irons/hybrids and the occasional big slice off of the driver. I also have been still unable to fix my "dipping under" on the downswing that my coach had me working on, so occasionally I'll throw snap hooks in there as well.

I noticed last night while cutting together my three-hole vlog I posted on here that I was starting to roll my forearms open and let my hands get really active on my takeaway. So today I just focused on my setup and then making sure I kept my hands/wrists quiet until I got past my trail leg on the backswing. I hit the ball so well with almost every club I had brought, driver, driving iron, hybrids, a couple irons and wedge. I also noticed that by not getting the hands so involved I started to pivot better and that really helped me not have to duck under to get back to the ball.

Hoping to get 45 holes in this weekend, including 18 away from my usual course. Hitting prime golf season/weather now!

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

It's been a few weeks since I've been able to hit balls, but I got out to the range yesterday for some much needed practice before a tournament this weekend.  I seem to always be working on something, and yesterday it was tempo/timing.  I was hitting the ball well, by concentrating on starting my hip rotation slightly before finishing my backswing.  However, I was getting a lot of balls going left, so I started feeling like I would bring my hands down (in the slot) before making my hip rotation.  There are so many things in this game that can cause inconsistency, and I'm really working to become more consistent, but want to make sure it's the right consistency...if you know what I mean. 

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Got to the range today for the first time in a while which was nice to just work on quality strikes with the irons. Have been keyingv on getting weight to the front toe with the irons which has helped control low point much better. Also focused on some pitching, chipping, and lag putting. Things I have been struggling with lately. Found I need to get back to the see the shot, react to the shot method. Turn the mind off a bit, a tip from a Bob Rotella mental skills book that has worked for me before.

Hit some drives and it was a warm day and after a few I decided to get some live ball speed training. This ended up going better than I thought and ball speeds were getting good so I went for it and then hit a new ball speed record. Really feeling in a nice place with speed. Not to remember all this for tomorrow.

PXL_20210521_190610420.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I am dedicating myself to a shorter backswing. (This is not a random thing I came up with, its feedback from my instructor, Monte Scheinblum).

My current backswing is not just long based on where it ends up at the top of the swing, but there is excess arm movement to get it to that position. I had been trying to shorten my backswing in the past, but could never get it to work. 

I had my remote live lesson this morning with Monte and he explained what I need to feel personally to make a shorter, better backswing. I need to feel my backswing waist high and my arms need to feel like i am making a flat backswing. That waist high backswing feel ends up being just short of shaft parallel on camera. 

This is what I will be working on until it is ingrained. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I am dedicating myself to a shorter backswing. (This is not a random thing I came up with, its feedback from my instructor, Monte Scheinblum).

My current backswing is not just long based on where it ends up at the top of the swing, but there is excess arm movement to get it to that position. I had been trying to shorten my backswing in the past, but could never get it to work. 

I had my remote live lesson this morning with Monte and he explained what I need to feel personally to make a shorter, better backswing. I need to feel my backswing waist high and my arms need to feel like i am making a flat backswing. That waist high backswing feel ends up being just short of shaft parallel on camera. 

This is what I will be working on until it is ingrained. 

Monte told me that I need to rotate more in my backswing which ends up giving me a longer backswing.  I have a hard time doing that and consistently hit the ball... anywhere!!  I can do it on practice swings, but with a ball in front of me... well, it ain't pretty!  😬  When everything gets synced up, I hit the ball much further.  I will just keep doing it until it "feels" more normal, I guess.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I tried to work on my tempo today after watching the video below. I don't know if because it gave me more of an external focus but my divot board hits were really nice with counting. My swing felt smooth, relaxed yet powerful. Started my swing when i got to 5 and ended a little after 6 or when i got to 7. I can't wait to try this on the range.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I had a really productive range session today. At first everything was flighted low with a really deep divot and things just felt off. I went back to some easy feet together L to L swings and everything came right back. I sometimes get a death grip on the club, and that's been a problem forever. When that happens I don't release the club and everything is short and low. As someone who tends to hit a low ball anyways, that's a problem.

Driver is still a hot mess, but what else is new? Hit a few with the mini driver and while they were definitely shorter, they were all pretty darn straight with just a baby fade. I think my next round I'll stick with that and see what happens.