TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Sounds a little like your low point is too far ahead of the ball for the lag you’re losing by gripping so hard.  Do you have a lot of lean too?  

My angle of attack is generally steep, and I made a switch to the Taylormade mini at 12° and a stiff shaft last fall to see how it would go. I thought it would get the driver back on track but I stuck with it because I can still hit it fairly long but very straight. Fully recommend taking driver out before you leave the house so you aren’t tempted and then see how it goes. Range sessions are one thing, but finding fairway with a minimal loss in distance might show some promise on the scorecard. You can also replace the 3 wood with another fairway finder hybrid or 4/5 wood, or a utility wedge. 

Another session with my swing coach today.  Made a subtle grip change and worked on my intitial takeaway.  My tendency is to get my club behind me too early, so we're working on exaggerating the take away to keep my club face square to the target and on a better line when my hands get to about pocket high.  Additionally, continuing to work on my downswing hip and shoulder rotation.

Afterwards, played the back nine with some friends.  Hit the driver and irons pretty well with this move and grip change.  However, the grip change played havoc with my short game.  Going to have to get to the chipping area and work this out.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

So, it has been raining for what seems like weeks here in College Station, so last night I worked on some mirror drills in my house. I also, really wish I would have wrote this yesterday, because I found something that really helped me, and my swing felt and looked really good, the problem is I woke up today and completely forgot it, someone please tell me I am not the only one this happens to? lol I am hoping it will come back to me, as I am hoping the rain holds off and I can get to the range this afternoon. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Got a very slow round of SuperSpeed in Monday, I think the side effects of the Covid vaccine over the weekend had something to do with it. Last night, I spent some time with the camera working on getting the angle of the club face when with my spine angle instead of straight up. Results were good, but I'm going to need to go to the range to check ball flight and contact. 

Tonight was a short session with the Divot Board working on ground contact on chip shots. I didn't take the camera out with me, but saw a lot of ground contact about the middle of the ball. 

i had my first lesson tonight since moving. new instructor wasn’t horrified at what he saw, which was encouraging. 

we worked on coming through the ball more from the inside with my 8i, 3w, and driver  

here’s the best 3w of the night:

359DB15E-5550-45BF-A84E-90334588AE38.jpeg

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

On 5/14/2021 at 7:40 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I got off work today and since I've had swing thoughts dancing around in my head, I decided to take a trip to the range. I wasn't sure if it would be wise after waking up at 3:30, but I couldn't resist.

My 20 yard wedge shot was money! I was hitting close to target and working trajectory decently. Now, my 50 yard wedge shot was not anything to write home about. Shank, shank, and more shank was the theme of the day. I decided to leave it and come back and try again later. 

Hit my irons decently well, put some alignment sticks down and am feeling like in set up way right of the target, but was hitting them as straight as I have in a long time. 

I then moved on to the driver drill @chisag told me about and had some pretty good results. Started out on the heel, but was able to make a slight adjustment to move them closer to the center. 20210514_180459-01.jpeg.b70371746245e37e3ac41d9ec0bb2e6c.jpeg

I even found the center, once, but that's progress!20210514_180006-01.jpeg.9a371f46d7272b550dacdc94baf36f0a.jpeg

I then decided to leave my comfort zone with irons. I think I've mentioned before that you can watch the grass grow in the time I stand over the ball. Well, I decided to take a couple of waggles, set my club behind the ball, and go. Oh momma! I was striping the ball, at least compared to how I normally hit. It was extremely uncomfortable and awkward, but the shots were so much better than normal. 

That is some great progress! I think I am going to try that this afternoon. Keep it up.

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Weather is crappy in my area, so just working on some basics around setup indoors. Making sure my tilts at setup are correct. Creating a setup routine so that it is the same every time. Sometimes my tilts get messed up at setup, but finding if i setup to the ball with my left hand on the grip first, and then add my right hand on after that, then i get the natural tilt with the right hand being lower on the grip than the left. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

My son and I are getting back into golf after not really playing for two years. Yesterday, we worked with our Pro near our house on dialing our swings back in after the long time away. We'll hit the range tonight/tomorrow to keep working to get into some sort of decent form.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

70 yards 

90 yards

110 yards

focussed 90 minutes of my day on hitting various shots at those target yardages. Fade that checks after one bounce is still the go to but trying to expand the arsenal. Can really shape a draw into exact yardages but can’t get the same spin, some check some release which is what I want it to do, every time at the minute which makes hesitant on the course with it but I’ll find the groove. 

"C'mon be good"

A bit concerned.  After playing Monday, my game and swing has just felt a little off.  I stubbed a few pitches during the scramble and hit several big draws (usually a small fader of the ball).  Tried to just get the swing in sync today and not do anything crazy.  Still felt off and my touch by the greens was off all day as well.  Hoping I can get the timing back somewhat, but it's almost like my body has lost the feel and rhythm of my swing for a moment.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Worked on grip and initial takeaway move for a bit, then went over to the chipping area and practiced short pitches and chips.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Stopped on my way into New Orleans late this afternoon to hit a bucket of balls. I did the one drill from my lesson for an hour (it was HOT), then hit the last 10 balls with my driver. The swing got better today! 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Small bucket today just working on some half swings and making sure I'm not forcing my wrists to do something dumb in the backswing. When I get handsy everything goes to crap. Mostly bounced around the bag and had some really nice driver shots with what felt like a half swing. In reality I know that's not the case and I go further back than that.

I snuck over to the practice green for some putting work, I only got around 15 mins in before I had to head back home to start working.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

spent an hour on the putting green. half of that comparing putters for TA impact testing. The last 30 mins was variable practice drills that Adam Young percribes. Different distances randomly and trying to get the ball as close to the hole (or target) that you can. Its not about makes but more so feel for distance control. Its a lot of work.

Finally last 20 mins working on variable practice around the green. Tried to go after thre different pins at different distances in a random order. Did 54*, 58*. Then 7I to back pin as bump and run, then 9i to middle pin. Then GW to closet pin.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I took care of my daughter and wife's phones this afternoon - cracked screen/throne in toilet by a grandchild and then went to the club to hit a few balls.  My goals was to see if I found Saturday and lost on Sunday was only lost due to 5 birdie shots shared on the front 9.

I very quickly found out it was the shots - I hit the ball so friggin well right from the first swing.  Honestly my worst practice shot with an iron was better than my best on Sunday - I don't know that I would have hit it that well that day even without the shots - it was after work and the day after a round - I was sore to start with, walking and it was very hot.  

Back to the range - hit 3 great nine irons, 3 great 7 irons and then moved on to 6 iron - I brought the D7 forged with instead of the G30 because it looks and feels so much better and what the heck, if I'm swinging well, I hit it well and I'm not I don't and if I'm swinging poorly I don't hit the G30 6 well either.  At any rate hit all 20 of them very well, would have had some misses left on the course but hole high left, those were hit solid too.  No thin shots at all, no fat ones either, just straight and a couple over drawn.  I also hit some really nice flighted down shots. 

Moved on to 5 wood next.  Pretty significant left to right wind so a lot of my shots were 30 right of target but again nothing terrible, nothing fat, all about the same distance, bad shots were a bit in the heal, lower and left but livable.  Hit around 20 of those.  

Trap next - awesome, best in a long, long time - then hit a number of pitch shots from snarly rough behind the trap to a tight pin - tried a variety of lies that including moving to extremely tight fairway lies a bit further away both downhill and level.  Only really miss hit one of those and these were all challenging shots.

Finally it was time for the big dog - I have the Sim2 in the bag - honestly I did tru fit and the G425 is supposed to be my club according to it - In fact the Sim2 was not one of my two matches.  But in reality, when I went for a fitting, I hit the Sim2 very well - plus my pro made me an offer I couldn't refuse - he had a slightly used 10.5 with the blue Ventus shaft that I was fit for that he had taken on a trade - he let me try it as long as I wanted and then took $250 and an older driver as a trade for it - and when I say slightly used I mean one or two rounds max slightly used. 🙂  I will still look to test a G425 but doubt I will hit it better than this.

There was a flag 225 way - it was a beautiful, sunny afternoon - extremely hot, humid but still no rain.  I flew ball after ball around that flag and then they took off like a banshee almost off the rage - we were way up so when I shot someone hitting balls on the other side of the range he is 278.  Lots of the balls that I hit were over 250.  There were no really bad misses although I had a couple that were blocked a bit and one that was healed.  

I will post this elsewhere but its of interest to me that when I was fit the fitter wanted me at 45.5.  I've been using 45 for the past year and a half, although the shaft prior was 45.5 and I was fit for that.  I find that I'm solid as a rock when I grip down on the Sim2 a bit probably making the shaft 45.  I have no intention of cutting it down.  But I'm wondering if the grip down equals the cut down or not - I'm thinking not quite because a cut down would keep the drip the same where as this means I'm at a thinner part of the grip.  At any rate I'm really hitting this club well - I couldn't get the Rapsodo to work properly - it happens - the way we were positioned the teeing ground was several inches below where I was setting it.  The ones that I've measured so far show a swing speed increase of 1 or 2 mph with the Sim2 over the 410 and 2 or 3 mph of ball speed.  In my test the spin rate was about 500 rpm's less while the launch angle was the same.  Love my ball flight today, it seemed to launch high and stay in the air forever.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Walked a quick practice nine tonight trying to recreate my success from Tuesday. Didn't intend on playing "for real" as I didn't use any technology or laser and went completely by yardage stakes and feel. Ended up shooting a 39 (38 ESC) only because I lost a ball after fanning my tee shot right on No. 3 leading to a triple bogey. Six pars, bogey and a birdie otherwise.

The birdie came on No. 2 for the first time this year after hitting a fantastic 6 iron punch shot beneath the trees and wind from 140 out of the right rough to 7 feet and sinking the birdie putt. 

I didn't hit the ball all that well (no where near as well as Tuesday) but still was able to score OK. Really struggling to get through the ball and onto my left side. A few lessons ago I was working on not letting my head move forward in the downswing and I've overcorrected to falling back a bit with the upper body through impact. Sometimes I get too inside and get stuck and that causes me to fall back to get to the ball, but it happens no matter what unless I'm really focusing on maintaining my spine angle through the downswing. 

Nice!!  Playing by "feel" is a great way to practice.  Without technology to get in the way, the brain focuses better on accomplishing the task at hand.  When I play this way, I usually shoot the same score as I do with the laser and GPS.  It will pay dividends down the road.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

spent an hour on the putting green. half of that comparing putters for TA impact testing. The last 30 mins was variable practice drills that Adam Young percribes. Different distances randomly and trying to get the ball as close to the hole (or target) that you can. Its not about makes but more so feel for distance control. Its a lot of work.

Finally last 20 mins working on variable practice around the green. Tried to go after thre different pins at different distances in a random order. Did 54*, 58*. Then 7I to back pin as bump and run, then 9i to middle pin. Then GW to closet pin.

You keep doing those drills and you will knock 10 shots off your score!!  I said it here!!  😃

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

41 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You keep doing those drills and you will knock 10 shots off your score!!  I said it here!!  😃

Thanks Kenny! As well, i am trying to also do more external focus instead of mechanical internal focus. Sweet Spot podcast harped on this and i am gonna give it a try with visualization. Seems to work putting and my short game work today. Along with counting out loud when doing full swings i also feel more free to swing and the divot board dont lie.

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

17 hours ago, revkev said:

Finally it was time for the big dog - I have the Sim2 in the bag - honestly I did tru fit and the G425 is supposed to be my club according to it - In fact the Sim2 was not one of my two matches.  But in reality, when I went for a fitting, I hit the Sim2 very well - plus my pro made me an offer I couldn't refuse - he had a slightly used 10.5 with the blue Ventus shaft that I was fit for that he had taken on a trade - he let me try it as long as I wanted and then took $250 and an older driver as a trade for it - and when I say slightly used I mean one or two rounds max slightly used. 🙂  I will still look to test a G425 but doubt I will hit it better than this.

I will post this elsewhere but its of interest to me that when I was fit the fitter wanted me at 45.5.  I've been using 45 for the past year and a half, although the shaft prior was 45.5 and I was fit for that.  I find that I'm solid as a rock when I grip down on the Sim2 a bit probably making the shaft 45.  I have no intention of cutting it down.  But I'm wondering if the grip down equals the cut down or not - I'm thinking not quite because a cut down would keep the drip the same where as this means I'm at a thinner part of the grip.  At any rate I'm really hitting this club well 

... Rev, as you know golf is a funny game. While most cut down their shaft and are very happy with the results, I have heard from too many golfers that cut down their shafts and were disappointed with the results. Technically other than a very slight counter balance, there really is no difference between gripping down or cutting the shaft shorter. Of course as you said, the feel in your hands can change slightly depending on what type of grip you use. There are plenty of Pro's that grip down the most obvious example being Brook Henderson. But the old cliche is a cliche for a reason "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". You said you have no intention of cutting it down so good for you. Confidence is a fickle beast so changing something that is working is almost always a bad idea whether it is your swing or your equipment. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Some divot board work today (nice in to out pattern here). Some short mechanical thoughts then external. Things are coming along nicely. I also realize I need to make my grip slightly closer to neutral for when I get excited I get very hooky by shutting the face too much. 

13F74263-B9B0-4F8E-B593-BD1071C6D9B3.jpeg

My Reviews:

Went to the course at 6:00 this morning to play 18 and was greeted by a member of the grounds crew who informed me that there was going to be a frost delay of at least an hour. Judging by the groups that were already waiting I was figuring that it would be closer to two hours. 

I opted for the driving range instead and will hopefully get back out this afternoon when everything gets done around the house. 

Hit everything from PW to Driver with most clubs working out well. 4 iron is still a work in progress and I’m working on getting acquainted with my new driver. For the most part, everything was good.

On to the chipping green. I work on chipping direction and form almost everyday in my basement with foam balls and have been seeing great results with consistency for those attributes. Spent some time with the 55 & 60 today to work on distance and was really happy with my results. Lots of balls dropping within 1 putt range. Worked with various lies, fairway, rough, above the hole, and below the hole. Walked away from there feeling pretty good. Hopefully it translates well to actual play later today. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Played a round yesterday but before the round I showed up nice and early because this place actually has a practice bunker and to call my recent bunker play trash would be an insult to trash everywhere. So it was great to hit close to 50 bunker shots before my round started from a couple distances with my 56 and 52.

Getting that feel back and the ability to trust it was huge. It payed off in round too where I had. 30 yard bunker shot that I hit well with my 52. If only the course wasn't and hour away I would love to practice that more.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I have two rounds I'm really looking forward to coming up next week, so today I got out to the range to check the status of my swing. 

Over the last couple of weeks I've been working on takeaway, trying to focus on keeping the leading edge parallel with my spine angle. Plus, I'm working on on developing a trigger so I'm not standing over the ball too long. I've settled on tapping the club on the ground 3 times and swinging. The combination of the two lead to some really good, solid shots. I'm going to have to work on alignment because I'm seeing more shots going right than left. I think I was flipping too much before. 

Wedges were good, irons were solid, but my fairways and driver need work. I couldn't hit them well for love nor money. 

I finished off on the practice green chipping and putting out. 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I have two rounds I'm really looking forward to coming up next week, so today I got out to the range to check the status of my swing. 

Over the last couple of weeks I've been working on takeaway, trying to focus on keeping the leading edge parallel with my spine angle. Plus, I'm working on on developing a trigger so I'm not standing over the ball too long. I've settled on tapping the club on the ground 3 times and swinging. The combination of the two lead to some really good, solid shots. I'm going to have to work on alignment because I'm seeing more shots going right than left. I think I was flipping too much before. 

Wedges were good, irons were solid, but my fairways and driver need work. I couldn't hit them well for love nor money. 

I finished off on the practice green chipping and putting out. 

your rounds next week are gonna be great, i’m calling it now 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

6 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

your rounds next week are gonna be great, i’m calling it now 

I appreciate it, and really hope so. I'll be a happy camper if I can break 100 one or both of the rounds. 

I'm playing two courses I've never played, and that should help with some of the mental hurdles I associate with the course I play all the time. 

I've got a Monday round up near Knoxville at a course called Dead Horse Lake with @Tom the Golf Nut, who I'm ecstatic about meeting. 

https://deadhorselake.com/

My second round is with a guy from work and we're playing Brown Acres in Chattanooga. 

Hit the range Thursday evening with my son to work on particular points from Wednesday's lesson. Started out solid with short and then mid-irons. Went to crap when I picked up my wedges and was in a funk the rest of the practice session...

Headed back today to continue working.

PXL_20210528_000106683.jpg

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

31 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Hit the range Thursday evening with my son to work on particular points from Wednesday's lesson. Started out solid with short and then mid-irons. Went to crap when I picked up my wedges and was in a funk the rest of the practice session...

That’ll do it!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Hobert said:

It's amazing how those short shots with the wedges can completely derail a range session, they'll drive me crazy some days. Hopefully you'll get them straightened out soon. 

17 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate it, and really hope so. I'll be a happy camper if I can break 100 one or both of the rounds. 

I'm playing two courses I've never played, and that should help with some of the mental hurdles I associate with the course I play all the time. 

I've got a Monday round up near Knoxville at a course called Dead Horse Lake with @Tom the Golf Nut, who I'm ecstatic about meeting. 

https://deadhorselake.com/

My second round is with a guy from work and we're playing Brown Acres in Chattanooga. 

Hope that you have fun both rounds, and just enjoy them for the opportunities they present, being outdoors, enjoying the time with others, and potentially making new friends along the way.

Really hope that you will also post a few pictures of the fun events you have coming up.

Just relax, and enjoy these moments for what they really are, without putting any other undue pressure on yourself.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour