TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Had a good range day yesterday.  Took the planemate with me and did some warmup before hitting.  I tried to hit some balls with it on but I need A LOT more work in that area.  I might have to go back to the short band and just do pitching motions.

Took the planemate off and started to have some fun including this cross-range pitch to the trampoline.  It's about 80 yards from there and I used my GW as the PW was carrying just over the top.  It's a fun target to hit to and a bonus when you bounce it off!

Then I progressed through the bag and ended up hitting some really good drives including this one which carried to the tree along the fence at the end of the range (about 260).  Since making some adjustments to my grip and changing the settings on the driver it's flown considerably straighter and I am not seeing nearly as much left to right.  It's starting to scare me a little.

Lastly I worked on hitting some shots to the 100 yard marker with my GW to really work on a smooth feel.  I was very impressed with this series of shots as they flew exactly where I wanted, and I even got a nice draw on the last one.

I feel like I'm starting to round into mid-season form, now I just need to get out and play some more this year.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Had a good range day yesterday.  Took the planemate with me and did some warmup before hitting.  I tried to hit some balls with it on but I need A LOT more work in that area.  I might have to go back to the short band and just do pitching motions.

Took the planemate off and started to have some fun including this cross-range pitch to the trampoline.  It's about 80 yards from there and I used my GW as the PW was carrying just over the top.  It's a fun target to hit to and a bonus when you bounce it off!

Then I progressed through the bag and ended up hitting some really good drives including this one which carried to the tree along the fence at the end of the range (about 260).  Since making some adjustments to my grip and changing the settings on the driver it's flown considerably straighter and I am not seeing nearly as much left to right.  It's starting to scare me a little.

Lastly I worked on hitting some shots to the 100 yard marker with my GW to really work on a smooth feel.  I was very impressed with this series of shots as they flew exactly where I wanted, and I even got a nice draw on the last one.

I feel like I'm starting to round into mid-season form, now I just need to get out and play some more this year.  

Crazy! That first swing with your gap wedge was so smooth that I thought it was a practice swing until I heard you hit the ball.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 minutes ago, edingc said:

Crazy! That first swing with your gap wedge was so smooth that I thought it was a practice swing until I heard you hit the ball.

Thanks!  Hoping I can keep that feeling out on the course.  I tend to play much better when I'm on the smoother end of aggressive.  I'll be trying to use that tempo and level of effort on my closer approach shots.  It's smooth, but I have enough effort and speed that I feel like I stay in sync.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

After dinner my son asked if we could go to the driving range, and who am I to say no to a request like that? We got there too late to use the grass section but thankfully this range has the mats with two sections, one flatter & harder and one that's fluffier that I hit off of to cushion my wrists and elbows as much as I can. Plus, it's harder to hit a good fat shot off of that section of the mat.

We had a blast trying to hit various signs out on the range. I bested my son with wedges, hitting the 50 yard marker twice and the 100 yard once while he hit the 200 yard marker on the roll with his 4h 🤣 The kid overswings like Daly but his coach taught him how to hit fairly straight. If I can get him to stop with the hero shots on the course, he's going to be way better than me sooner rather than later. My 4w was again just so solid off the tee, if anything it had a baby fade but was pretty straight for the most part. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Had an interesting range session this afternoon - haven't been hitting balls in practice too much as my back has been acting up, and want to kinda save it for actual play, but I really needed (not "wanted" .. *needed*!) to try to work out my problems with hitting a golf ball sitting up on a tee. 

After loosening up with a wedge with a series of increasing effort / increasing distance swings, took a 4H and tee'ed up a ball ...

Topped.

Same as I've been doing way too often on the course.

Step back, take a breath, run thru a few rehearsal swings with weight shift, extending the arms, etc etc.

Tee up another. Same result. Followed by a few more of the same...

I know that I still .. even after many lessons .. have a problem hanging back but I am starting to move through the ball a little. Buuuut... tho my legs and hips are bumping forward, my upper body will still hang back (which is probably one more cause of stress on my back...).

Had been thinking about this and decided to experiment: tee'ed the ball slightly lower and moved it a little back.

Smack! Ball flew straight downrange. Smack! another; then several more in succession.

What a difference!

But then I got a little greedy and started hitting another ball too quickly - had a few pull hooks _and_ a few push fades. Hellllooo two way miss! 🤪

Switched it up and hit a few balls with a 6i and a few with a GW, then back to the 4H off a low tee. Not all great shots but all went downrange and no topped shots.

So I'm not gonna say I "solved" my problem, but I am gonna be even more careful going forward with my setup at address 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Quick driving range session at lunch today. It’s easy to see why my 52* is my favorite club in the bag - this is from 5 consecutive shots (one of them was a low-flighted spinner off the bottom groove, the others were all identical):

A859C174-59C4-4EC0-A9A6-5686F929D736.jpeg.aef65b4f82ec46c42c8d30be827bf78f.jpeg

Unfortunately the longer my irons get, the further out towards the toe I tend to make contact. Something to keep working on I guess, here’s my 9 iron:

A803F766-7D90-4713-B280-866D647C46FC.jpeg.139710b88eb1861ef2c684a356a5560a.jpeg

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

17 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Had an interesting range session this afternoon - haven't been hitting balls in practice too much as my back has been acting up, and want to kinda save it for actual play, but I really needed (not "wanted" .. *needed*!) to try to work out my problems with hitting a golf ball sitting up on a tee. 

After loosening up with a wedge with a series of increasing effort / increasing distance swings, took a 4H and tee'ed up a ball ...

Topped.

Same as I've been doing way too often on the course.

Step back, take a breath, run thru a few rehearsal swings with weight shift, extending the arms, etc etc.

Tee up another. Same result. Followed by a few more of the same...

I know that I still .. even after many lessons .. have a problem hanging back but I am starting to move through the ball a little. Buuuut... tho my legs and hips are bumping forward, my upper body will still hang back (which is probably one more cause of stress on my back...).

Had been thinking about this and decided to experiment: tee'ed the ball slightly lower and moved it a little back.

Smack! Ball flew straight downrange. Smack! another; then several more in succession.

What a difference!

But then I got a little greedy and started hitting another ball too quickly - had a few pull hooks _and_ a few push fades. Hellllooo two way miss! 🤪

Switched it up and hit a few balls with a 6i and a few with a GW, then back to the 4H off a low tee. Not all great shots but all went downrange and no topped shots.

So I'm not gonna say I "solved" my problem, but I am gonna be even more careful going forward with my setup at address 👍

Stick with it, man!

If I can add just 1 little tidbit that's worked for me in the past ... I have a tendency to top my irons or tee shots once in a great while, and the minute I do, I remember to do the following; an old head pro mentioned that I should try to have the ever so slightest pause/hitch at the top of my back-swing, and then initiate my down-swing.

And what do you know, I hit a flushed shot almost every time. He told me that I'm in such a hurry to start my downswing that I start it with my arms, my hips get behind, I come across the ball, and then I lift up out of the swing and top it. 

But truthfully, grip and ball placement/stance/setup are probably the two most important things as well. 

Hope your next range session is better! 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

58 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Stick with it, man!

If I can add just 1 little tidbit that's worked for me in the past ... I have a tendency to top my irons or tee shots once in a great while, and the minute I do, I remember to do the following; an old head pro mentioned that I should try to have the ever so slightest pause/hitch at the top of my back-swing, and then initiate my down-swing.

And what do you know, I hit a flushed shot almost every time. He told me that I'm in such a hurry to start my downswing that I start it with my arms, my hips get behind, I come across the ball, and then I lift up out of the swing and top it. 

But truthfully, grip and ball placement/stance/setup are probably the two most important things as well. 

Hope your next range session is better! 

Just don't pull a Charles Barkley trying to add that pause at the top of your swing!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

Spent an hour on the range today - it’s very hot so didn’t want to over do it. 

I think the lag shot is going to the closet. I swing it for a while yesterday and I was getting stuck inside, again - I broke out of it by trying to hit some fades but getting stuck seems to happen every time I use the thing. I’m still happy that I got it because the videos are good but it’s becoming clear that it doesn’t address an issue that I have. 

The guy next to me had voice caddy - I showed him my rapsodo and he took the info about it down - it does have more data and the video element is great.

Looking forward to playing on Sunday. Will chip and putt tomorrow. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My new Sim 2 Max arrived today, so I went to our crappy public course to play 9 and try this driver vs my gamer. The Sim 2 Max has the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5 shaft in it, standard length. Fairways were pretty wet, but early signs on distance are pretty impressive for the Sim 2 Max! I’ll be taking it with me on the road this week, so we’ll see how it does on some dry fairways… And rough.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

11 hours ago, PMookie said:

My new Sim 2 Max arrived today, so I went to our crappy public course to play 9 and try this driver vs my gamer. The Sim 2 Max has the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5 shaft in it, standard length. Fairways were pretty wet, but early signs on distance are pretty impressive for the Sim 2 Max! I’ll be taking it with me on the road this week, so we’ll see how it does on some dry fairways… And rough.

The ball really scoots when it hits the ground off of mine. I will be anxious to hear how that works out for you. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

After my round yesterday dug up some Adam young work as I was slicing my driver all over the place. On the range things were fine. The course not so much. When I slice I know I get super in the heel. Did some foot spray and whiffles with the intention on every swing to try and hit the toe. Foot spray didn’t lie. Need to keep that swing thought with my driver and I think I’ll be fine. 

now to just fix my putting issues (see TA testing thread)

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Went to the range with my son today and split a large bucket of balls. He ended up hitting about 90 of the 110 balls we got because I just couldn’t stop watching him hit bombs. Not bad for not even being 4.5 yet!  I drool just watching his natural swing. The only instruction I’ve ever given him is “swing faster and hit bombs”

6 hours ago, revkev said:

The ball really scoots when it hits the ground off of mine. I will be anxious to hear how that works out for you. 

Good to hear! I’m excited to see because mine is down at 7* so it should get some good roll when I find a hard fairway again!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

Went to the range with my son today and split a large bucket of balls. He ended up hitting about 90 of the 110 balls we got because I just couldn’t stop watching him hit bombs. Not bad for not even being 4.5 yet!  I drool just watching his natural swing. The only instruction I’ve ever given him is “swing faster and hit bombs”

His swing looks so good and he hit that one so straight. I don't blame you for just sitting there watching it. 

Did some work today with the Gankas shallower .. then used the new driver to hit some .. resllly like the cobra SZ 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

3 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

Did some work today with the Gankas shallower .. then used the new driver to hit some .. resllly like the cobra SZ 

How is that shallower? Is that the one that goes between your forearms?

5 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

How is that shallower? Is that the one that goes between your forearms?

Yes, I like it a lot I first put it on and just took regular full swings and right away it shows my arms at impact aren’t good at all .. so I start to swing and make sure both arms at impact are on the box and you can tell the difference right away more pure of a strike 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

On 6/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, mikeanthony said:

He told me that I'm in such a hurry to start my downswing that I start it with my arms, my hips get behind, I come across the ball, and then I lift up out of the swing and top it. 

Thanks! Appreciate the encouragement and the feedback!

What you outlined ^there^ is probably *exactly* what I'm doing... 

Been plugging away at this crazy game for a while .. including trying to understand that ever-elusive concept of tempo .. so I've got to work to be more conscious of that and not rush the swing .. hit it better, not harder I have to remind myself ......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

10 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

Yes, I like it a lot I first put it on and just took regular full swings and right away it shows my arms at impact aren’t good at all .. so I start to swing and make sure both arms at impact are on the box and you can tell the difference right away more pure of a strike 

Have you ever tried the Tour Striker smart ball to make a comparison?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

39 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Have you ever tried the Tour Striker smart ball to make a comparison?  

I haven’t, not sure how I would like that hanging around my neck ? But seems like similar concept . Have you tried the tour strike ?

Life has been way too busy the past few weeks and practice time has shrunk to nothing except maybe 15 minutes now and then for some putting.  Playing has been limited to the weekly 9 hole league.  I hit some into the net between chores yesterday using a 3/4 swing trying to get the feel of good compression contact again.  I haven't been happy with my iron contact in the league the last few weeks and for me the reason is lack of practice / play.  I hit a few like I wanted to but too many OTT & fat contact swings were still showing up.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Life has been way too busy the past few weeks and practice time has shrunk to nothing except maybe 15 minutes now and then for some putting.  Playing has been limited to the weekly 9 hole league.  I hit some into the net between chores yesterday using a 3/4 swing trying to get the feel of good compression contact again.  I haven't been happy with my iron contact in the league the last few weeks and for me the reason is lack of practice / play.  I hit a few like I wanted to but too many OTT & fat contact swings were still showing up.  

Ya hard to make changes when life happens. Keep up the good practice. If you have room in your house to swing a club, I highly recommend the divot board to help with low point control

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Was planning to sneak to the range. Woke my wife up when getting ready . Stayed home and worked on putting inside instead. 

My Reviews:

Had a range day today. Was pretty tired by the end. First 3/4 of the bucket was great. Went through the bag had some great swings and contact. Focusing on face control and tempo. Messed around with some shot shaping too which I was happy with.

on course I felt myself going back to old tendencies, today I focused on breaking those tendencies (all planemate stuff) and it was great. Still need to keep my back planted as I am still jumping the hips forward but I’m content because striking is much much much better

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

I haven’t, not sure how I would like that hanging around my neck ? But seems like similar concept . Have you tried the tour strike ?

I have tried it for a little while but nothing too serious.  the strap didn't bother me but I only used it for about 10 minutes  Looking for an aid to help keep my right elbow from flying and have a few on my list: smart ball, shallower, structure ball, etc.   Once the next club testing starts I am going to see if I can borrow the one MGS has.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I have tried it for a little while but nothing too serious.  the strap didn't bother me but I only used it for about 10 minutes  Looking for an aid to help keep my right elbow from flying and have a few on my list: smart ball, shallower, structure ball, etc.   Once the next club testing starts I am going to see if I can borrow the one MGS has.  

Tin-Cup.jpg

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

21 minutes ago, chisag said:

Tin-Cup.jpg

🤪  I get what you are saying, but it is something that my coach has recommended and not a self diagnosis.  While trying to diagnose my toe strikes,  he discovered that when I transition to the downswing my right elbow separates from my left which causes me to manipulate the club and end up striking the toe.   When I am able to keep the elbows closer together I make center contact.     I have tried a bunch of the balls I have around the house and nothing works really well;  too hard to use.   I saw a video online of someone using something like a triangular sponge but didn't know what it was.  

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

🤪  I get what you are saying, but it is something that my coach has recommended and not a self diagnosis.  While trying to diagnose my toe strikes,  he discovered that when I transition to the downswing my right elbow separates from my left which causes me to manipulate the club and end up striking the toe.   When I am able to keep the elbows closer together I make center contact.     I have tried a bunch of the balls I have around the house and nothing works really well;  too hard to use.   I saw a video online of someone using something like a triangular sponge but didn't know what it was.  

... It was just too irresistible and of course I was just funnin'.  I am a big believer in using anything that works so good luck!  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It was just too irresistible and of course I was just funnin'.  I am a big believer in using anything that works so good luck!  

I know you were joking;  but did want to explain that I wasn't just trying it for no reason.