Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

I had mentioned in the "What Have You Bought" thread that I picked up some lead tape to add to my D7 driver because I've never liked how light it is. I tend to spray it everywhere and some of that, to me, may be due to not knowing where the head is anywhere in the swing. The face is almost undoubtedly more forgiving than the heavier R1 I put back in the bag for my last round. Having been getting the driver back on track after some time on the range with my buddy a few weeks ago, I wanted to see what I could do with the D7 I've been fighting since I got it.

So with a strip of tape at the back and a strip at the heel I went to the range this morning. After warming up with some wedges and 7 irons I pulled out the D7 and immediately pounded one down the range dead straight. I hit another one - slight pull but would have been playable. Then I skyed one right where the crown meets the face 😂 After calming down and hitting some more irons, I went back to the driver again and could absolutely feel the clubhead in my backswing actually slightly hinging my wrists a bit more right at the top, which is usually when I know to start my downswing. So far, so good. More range time to come and hopefully at least 9 holes later this week.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I’ve been taking huge divots lately without compressing the ball so today I worked on compressing the ball by moving it back in my stance then slowly moving it forward to compress from my normal stance. That helped with my huge divots at the same time.

4 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

I have a question for all you "At-Home" practice golfers. 

What types of things do you work on at home when using a mat and net? 

I now have a space dedicated under cover of my carport with a Realfeel Mat and a large Aoneky Net.  I am certainly getting the contact feel (the mat is really good at accepting a "divot" swing - and will let me "chunk" a shot without the club bounce that some mats give).  I have a Mevo to set up (though I haven't yet utilized the video feature - which will be great once I better understand what I'm looking for in my swing - which is another question... is there a thread on MGS that users post vids of their swing for others to offer suggestions on where to improve?). 

But aside from working on good contact based on the feel, and the stats the mevo provides (swing speed, carry distance, etc), and just repetition based strength in my swing (all which I am getting much more educated on now that having a mini range right outside my kitchen door - it is definitely addictive) -  I am looking for things to focus on to improve my scoring - while not being able to see shot shape, roll out, etc.  Also, I would hate to spend a bunch of time and engrain bad swing habits because I'm not seeing the full shot shape and such (future addition of a Mevo+ or SkyTrak heavily considered, but may need to wait until next season).

So - what do you all work on when doing your net work?

May everyone shoot below your handicap in your next round!  ~Tim

When hitting into the net I am working on muscle memory for setup or swing adjustments not ball flight stuff.  For instance I'll pay attention to posture or grip for a bunch of swings until I can do it without thinking about it or double checking it.  Or recently I was making sure to make a full turn as I noticed in the last league night I was 'short' with my turn.  Or making sure I have a wide take away and high follow through.  

I also just picked up a Mevo and the ball speed & carry distance are a nice addition to check for consistency from swing to swing.  I can tell if I hit a fade or draw by the contact feel so I don't need the ball flight data.....at least until I feel the need for another step toward a simulator and will use that to help with the justification!  😁

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

5 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

When hitting into the net I am working on muscle memory

Thanks Shapo... great comments!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

First day at the range since putting JumboMax grips on all swinging clubs, and I found it so easy to hit my targets. Very solid strikes, with very little curve. Which is very rare for me, but I have been working alot of being more neutral. Although I really struggled with my driver today, this was my first strike and it went downhill from there. image0.jpeg.83e2ef21401e17462ce696274c3a73f2.jpeg

Alot of heel strikes, causing alot of high spinny cuts. Very odd for me, it was very frustrating because I was barely out carrying my 3 wood. May get a lesson or just need more time, anyways if the rain holds off I am playing this afternoon and Ill just aim left. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

I have been trying to get 100+ reps on my home net with a majority of solid contact - while trying to focus on a good position at the top of the backswing (I have a tendency to get flat, and then my first move is shoulder turn making me come over the top a bit. ) to find the slot.  Took my swing to the range last night to see some ball flight... better than the previous session there, but more work to do.  

The positive (or negative) of my course's grass range... the turf is tired and over sanded, so it is more like hitting from a waste area that is covered with some sparse grass - so the positive... ball first contact is most definitely rewarded.  Anything less.... splash.  Immediate feedback on ball striking. 😉

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Found an hour between rain showers to hit the range. Have really ben focusing on shallowing my to make sure I am coming from the inside. So hands a bit higher and making sure the swing is about the rotation and not swaying trying to control the face. The final piece though was checking the grip which had drifted, and got it back to neutral. (Shout out the the recent Mark Crossfield videos that helped remind me of these couple things) This all really helped straighten things out and was finding the center well.

This especially helped with the driver were strikes were mostly in the center and when I was able to time it right finally moved down to only a 5 to 10 yard fade with a much better flight that makes the delivery feel like it is better. Now to get back on the course and give it a go, should be out there on Saturday morning.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 7/6/2021 at 1:20 PM, Tiftaaft said:

I have a question for all you "At-Home" practice golfers. 

What types of things do you work on at home when using a mat and net? 

I now have a space dedicated under cover of my carport with a Realfeel Mat and a large Aoneky Net.  I am certainly getting the contact feel (the mat is really good at accepting a "divot" swing - and will let me "chunk" a shot without the club bounce that some mats give).  I have a Mevo to set up (though I haven't yet utilized the video feature - which will be great once I better understand what I'm looking for in my swing - which is another question... is there a thread on MGS that users post vids of their swing for others to offer suggestions on where to improve?). 

But aside from working on good contact based on the feel, and the stats the mevo provides (swing speed, carry distance, etc), and just repetition based strength in my swing (all which I am getting much more educated on now that having a mini range right outside my kitchen door - it is definitely addictive) -  I am looking for things to focus on to improve my scoring - while not being able to see shot shape, roll out, etc.  Also, I would hate to spend a bunch of time and engrain bad swing habits because I'm not seeing the full shot shape and such (future addition of a Mevo+ or SkyTrak heavily considered, but may need to wait until next season).

So - what do you all work on when doing your net work?

May everyone shoot below your handicap in your next round!  ~Tim

Just focus on strike, and swing thoughts. 

striking down and through for me with the correct tiempo, nothing more. 

"C'mon be good"

Got a call from “The Peaklette” at work this afternoon wondering if I wanted to hit some balls at the range. Of course I said yes. She’s going to be playing on a trip with some University friends this week but hasn’t touched the clubs for 6 months.

Of course she was flushing it, made me think about my swing.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Our Member-Guest is this weekend and I'm not playing, so I took the opportunity to go to one of our practice holes with my 52,56, and 60 degree wedges and hit from 60, 50, and 25 yards and then did some closer chipping, particularly short-sided shots with little green to the flag (this is my nemesis shot).  Got in about 45 minutes of decent wedge work.  I use a shag-tube that holds 23 balls and it's filled with Snell MTB Red balls -- thinking about replacing those with MTB-X (which is my usual golf ball I play)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

Got a call from “The Peaklette”

Awesome.  as long as she isn't offended by the nickname.  Nice to have someone as addicted as you.  Beats having to come up with excuses to go to the course/range!!  🙂

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Been working on trying to get my turn back and through correctly. 

I tend to turn back for the most part pretty well, but then I tend to slide left as opposed to turning my body (and getting my hips out of the way). 

Today I worked swinging without a ball but with my alignment sticks in the ground - one to the right to ensure I wasn’t sliding back (see below) and the same thing on the left. 

IT FEELS SO WEIRD. I am going to the range this weekend to keep it going, as I think I’m going to end up basically shanking the ball because my hands have so much work to do to catch up! 🙂

image.jpeg.91bd52a22f3408bf07032ae935addfb7.jpeg

:titleist-small: TS3 9° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX 2 iron

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54°, 60° Full Face

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:ping-small: Hoofer

:918457628_PrecisionPro:R1 Rangefinder

Playing tomorrow with @cnosiland didn’t want to be a complete embarrassment so I found a place indoors to hit balls and play 27 holes. Only had one go sideways so I take this as a win. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

2 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Playing tomorrow with @cnosiland didn’t want to be a complete embarrassment so I found a place indoors to hit balls and play 27 holes. Only had one go sideways so I take this as a win. 

REvolution Grille?     Doesn't matter how you play;  just out for a fun time.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

REvolution Grille?     Doesn't matter how you play;  just out for a fun time.  

Yep. They had golf and beer. My comment was tongue in cheek. Just happy to get out after a layoff. 

WITB 2024

32 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Yep. They had golf and beer. My comment was tongue in cheek. Just happy to get out after a layoff. 

Have a great time guys👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

36 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Have a great time guys👍

Can’t think of a better day. Early up to go shoot high caliber firearms and than good company for a round of golf. 

WITB 2024

I have two local courses, one seems to have a dislike for singles and the other was having a member/guest today, so playing wasn't an option. I was able to go to the range today and work on some things. 

I started out the day shanking wedges until I placed a tee in the outside of the ball and started hitting them decently. 

Irons were hit and miss for a bit of the day, I was trying to work on a better follow through but was fatting quite a few. I did end up finding a groove at the end of my session, I realized my tempo had gotten too fast and once I slowed it down a bit, I was connecting with the ball a lot better. 

My driver was good, I actually hit dead center on my first shot and was around it most of the time I was swinging it.

My fairway woods are still hopeless, I topped every single shot...including one from a tee. I actually took video with my GoPro, but because I forgot the date, deleted it. I am fairly mad at myself for that. 

Wedge practice with the Mevo this morning....whatta blast this thing is!!  😁

The goal is consistency from shot to shot to get the height & distance dialed in and having the ball speed number verbalized after each shot really helps with that.  

Ball Speed (mph)      Carry (yds)    Launch V (°)    Spin (rpm)    Height (ft)
53.8                              50.5                46.5               8044               53
53.1                               51.7                 42.4               8030              46
53.6                              51                    45.4               8040              51
54.4                              52.3                 45.4               7819               52
54.2                              51.5                  45.8               8052              53
54.5                              52.4                 45.2               8057               52
56.1                               56.2                 42.7               8090               52
53.1                               50.6                 44.7               8030               49

54.1                                52.025          44.7625           8020.25           51   Avg.

0.971008312            1.829715044    1.460858358    83.55451599    2.390457219  St Dev.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Another day at the chipping range .... practiced crisp shots with the 60*, alternating between 2 possible flags.  Distance varied  between 15 feet to 15 yards.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

49 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

The goal is consistency from shot to shot to get the height & distance dialed in and having the ball speed number verbalized after each shot really helps with that.  

53.8                              50.5                46.5               8044               53
53.1                               51.7                 42.4               8030              46
53.6                              51                    45.4               8040              51
54.4                              52.3                 45.4               7819               52
54.2                              51.5                  45.8               8052              53
54.5                              52.4                 45.2               8057               52
56.1                               56.2                 42.7               8090               52
53.1                               50.6                 44.7               8030               49

54.1                                52.025          44.7625           8020.25           51   Avg.

0.971008312            1.829715044    1.460858358    83.55451599    2.390457219  St Dev.

Those are some consistent numbers, plus that short game swing looks sharp! I've looked at the Mevo, I've decided to go with it, eventually, because Rapsodo isn't comparable with my Samsung. Is the set-up process fairly simple? 

Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I thought I read somewhere that optimum launch angles for wedges were around 30 for consistent spin and distance control.  Have you seen anything along that line?

40 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Those are some consistent numbers, plus that short game swing looks sharp! I've looked at the Mevo, I've decided to go with it, eventually, because Rapsodo isn't comparable with my Samsung. Is the set-up process fairly simple? 

Keep up the good work!

I have an android also and it was easy enough to set up that the quick start guide will get you connected.  I figured the rest out from there barely looking at the instruction guide which means it is extremely intuitive if I didn't have to get the kid to show me how to do it.

32 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I thought I read somewhere that optimum launch angles for wedges were around 30 for consistent spin and distance control.  Have you seen anything along that line?

I think I saw or heard that too...probably from a you tube short game session....maybe when Ian & Matt were working with that wedge specialist from Ireland, Gaereth something....

I know I hit higher and with less spin than they say is optimal for wedges but I am not playing greens as firm as they have on tour either.

There was a video of Justin Thomas warming up on the range from a few months ago that I saved on my IG.  He grabs a 52* wedge and takes a very deliberate but controlled backswing, pauses and then casually but purposefully swings through the ball.  

Simpler terms, it's a tempo drill.  I started on an 80 ball bucket by hitting 15 with my 56 just doing this drill while aiming at a 70 yard target.  

Never done this before and of all the swings I made today, these were some of the best.  Sometimes simpler is better.  I'll continue doing this for future practice and rounds.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Just now, bens197 said:

There was a video of Justin Thomas warming up on the range from a few months ago that I saved on my IG.  He grabs a 52* wedge and takes a very deliberate but controlled backswing, pauses and then casually but purposefully swings through the ball.  

Simpler terms, it's a tempo drill.  I started on an 80 ball bucket by hitting 15 with my 56 just doing this drill while aiming at a 70 yard target.  

Never done this before and of all the swings I made today, these were some of the best.  Sometimes simpler is better.  I'll continue doing this for future practice and rounds.

... Sounds good! Guys on tour are something else. I was watching Larry Mize on the range at the LA Open back in the mid 90's and he was practicing with a 4 iron. Aiming at a wheelbarrow on the right side of the range and he would swing to the top of his backswing and completely stop, look back at the club head/shaft and make the smallest adjustment then look back down at the ball and start his downswing. He hit the wheelbarrow several times. Then he would take a normal swing with the 4 iron and the trajectory and distance were identical. Back to the drill and hit some of the purest 4 irons I have ever seen. Of course he had a syrupy swing so that helped, but it was an amazing display of talent. Early in my swing development I tried to copy Larry's tempo. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

48 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Sounds good! Guys on tour are something else. I was watching Larry Mize on the range at the LA Open back in the mid 90's and he was practicing with a 4 iron. Aiming at a wheelbarrow on the right side of the range and he would swing to the top of his backswing and completely stop, look back at the club head/shaft and make the smallest adjustment then look back down at the ball and start his downswing. He hit the wheelbarrow several times. Then he would take a normal swing with the 4 iron and the trajectory and distance were identical. Back to the drill and hit some of the purest 4 irons I have ever seen. Of course he had a syrupy swing so that helped, but it was an amazing display of talent. Early in my swing development I tried to copy Larry's tempo. 

It's fascinating, the total body & mind control that these guys have.  There are good players and then there are guys who can just harness their mind to focus in on certain motions within the swing to create perfect mechanics.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

@CarlH  Some data from this mornings session using the 53* at 65 yards which has a lower 30* launch.  I was using the 57* yesterday at the 53 yard mark.  The spin data is not real accurate since I didn't have stickers on all the balls.

Ball Speed    Carry Distance (yds)   Launch Angle V (°)   Spin (rpm)   Height 
58.3                      61.7                          31.7                         9627            38
58.8                      62.5                         34.2                        10084           43
55.7                       58                           33.7                          7145            37
59.4                       64                           33.2                         5575            41
56.5                      58.2                          29.2                         8215            31
61.8                       68.2                         30.5                          7036           40
58.7                       63.1                          32.1                          7958           39
58.2                      60.7                          29.4                         11056           34 
58.7                      61.5                           27.9                          6336           31  
59                         62.2                          28.7                          5962          33 
60.7                       65.5                         29.9                          10358         38 
61                         65.9                           28.1                           7208          34 

58.9                    62.625               30.716667    8046.666667    36.58333333   

1.738860651    3.002763878        2.209003       1834.06    3.941811612    

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

@CarlH  Some data from this mornings session using the 53* at 65 yards which has a lower 30* launch.  I was using the 57* yesterday at the 53 yard mark.  The spin data is not real accurate since I didn't have stickers on all the balls.

Ball Speed    Carry Distance (yds)   Launch Angle V (°)   Spin (rpm)   Height 
58.3                      61.7                          31.7                         9627            38
58.8                      62.5                         34.2                        10084           43
55.7                       58                           33.7                          7145            37
59.4                       64                           33.2                         5575            41
56.5                      58.2                          29.2                         8215            31
61.8                       68.2                         30.5                          7036           40
58.7                       63.1                          32.1                          7958           39
58.2                      60.7                          29.4                         11056           34 
58.7                      61.5                           27.9                          6336           31  
59                         62.2                          28.7                          5962          33 
60.7                       65.5                         29.9                          10358         38 
61                         65.9                           28.1                           7208          34 

58.9                    62.625               30.716667    8046.666667    36.58333333   

1.738860651    3.002763878        2.209003       1834.06    3.941811612    

Pretty consistent numbers.